I AM FAT BECAUSE.......

Options

Replies

• Mirth
    Mirth Posts: 77
    Options
    I'm fat because I love food and hated where I was at in my life in recent years, which is when I packed on about 100lbs. Culinary school is NOT recommended for emotional eaters who come to learn they HATE working in commercial kitchens. I used to out-eat the pregnant chick. =/ Not proud of those memories. Removed myself 100% from the life situations I hated the most (that school and my crappy job... even moved to a new part of the state) and found myself in a better place. I'm down to about 240 from about 300. The last 20lbs of that weight loss done with MFP's help. <3
  • nicolebunny55
    Options
    Honestly ..... I had horrible eating habits from a young age because thats all the person that watched me at the time knew and I dont think I ever broke those habits. Plus I never exercised until I got older and also a little bit of a low self esteem issue I had when I was younger.
  • eperison
    Options
    I'm fat because I got a deadly disease called Cushing's Syndrome that caused me to gain 70 extra lbs. Now that I am recovering, I've lost 36 of those, but will always have the damage from the disease...ARRRGHHH!!!!

Yup, hear ya. :(
  • JessicaBR0
    JessicaBR0 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Underestimating how many calories were ACTUALLY in food, especially cheese!! My love of beer and huge portion sizes not only at restaurants but also at home. Not working out and emotional eating.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    I WAS fat because i didn't know how to control my portions and I let bad relationships and years of hurt get in my way.

I have taken control and put myself first.
  • ashliebowen2
    Options
    Was diagnosed with a brain disease that made me have to give up sports, and had to go on a medication that made me gain weight, sigh! The Dr's say i' not supposed to exercise but ohhh well :p
  • PhoebesFit
    Options
    poor eating habits and being to lazy to exercise. FOR YEARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRS.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    I failed to exercise self control. However I have gone from an obese BMI to overweight. I'm on my way baby !
  • Givenitmybest
    Givenitmybest Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I lost myself
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Because my grandmom's italian cooking was too good to pass up :D
  • NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Well, see...whaaaaa haaaa happened wuzz...... I bumped into a pizza and fell on a cupcake. That's my story!!! Lol
  • Toya2xcel
    Toya2xcel Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I was one of "those girls" that got pregnant and got lazy. I also used pregnancy as an excuse to "eat for two" and ended up gaining close to 50 pounds in span of 9 months. BUT NEVER AGAIN! :-)
  • premiumchilenita
    premiumchilenita Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I love FOOD too much. All the different textures, smells, tastes, combinations....just love it! Over eating. Sometimes I would say " I wish I could just chew it, savour it and then spit it out coz I'm full" but that would just be rude.

Learning to try "a little bit" of everything
  • deenaspell
    deenaspell Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I didn't work out and overate my calories everyday because I didn't have MFP :-)
  • bioniccheese
    Options
    Ate too much takeout and was unable to walk for quite a while! Not a good combo.
  • jade_131
    jade_131 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I sat too much. I don't even eat a lot I just sit too much that's why I'm out of shape when I'm 105 pounds. Bummer.
  • Fitorbust73
    Fitorbust73 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am fat because I was eating food that didn't nourish me... Thousands of calories consumed every day -- yet lacking in nutrients --- so body in a constant state of wanting needing...
  • Mikayla140
    Options
    I am always eating and I can't stop. I hate myself.
  • kirianna55
    kirianna55 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I grew up in a very abusive home where they used food as a punishment and if they didn't feel we needed to eat, we didn't. There were days through high school while living with my dad that I would be lucky to eat lunch at school. He would buy alcohol instead of groceries, and at one point we had ketchup and saltines in our cupboards. When I finally moved out, I was freaked out with the concept of food. I now get upset the cupboards are half empty. I went overboard with food gained weight. I also got birth control and that helped me gain almost 80 lbs.
  • tedsmama
    tedsmama Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    .....I love to bake and cook. I love to eat what I've baked and cooked. I love to drink beer while baking and cooking. :drinker: