Petpeeves, what does YOUR partner do?

Options
Marcillene
Marcillene Posts: 484 Member
To start it off, here's a few of what MINE does.....

*He leaves the toilet seat UP!!

*When he opens a cupboard, he forgets how to shut it I guess!

*Flushes before he is done so OF COURSE theres pee in the toilet still.

Ready, Set, GO!!!

Replies

• Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Why do guys to the early flush thing?! Mine does it too, and of course there's pee bubbles. >:(
    Main thing is when he gets home, he just strips down to his boxers and dumps all the clothes on the floor IN THE LIVING ROOM. And he's ULTRA sweaty! (electrical warehouse worker). Then our cat starts hauling all his socks off to her hiding spots and I have to go and hunt them down. -_(\
  • robinhardysmall
    robinhardysmall Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Doesn't give enough time to get ready- when he is ready to go do something he just grabs his keys and says let's go~ um...can I have a minute to get a drink~ and maybe my pocketbook? :ohwell:
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    my man is pretty awesome, but the one thing he consistently does not do is screw lids & caps on tightly. sometimes they just rest on the bottle or jar. even if he puts it away.

he also "lets things 'soak' " which is just manspeak for making a science experiment in the sink.

but really, i can't complain. he's the best.
  • steph124ny
    steph124ny Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    He stomps all over the kitchen in his work boots and tracks dirt everywhere. I hve it on good authority that he ALWAYS removes his boots when entering his clients' homes (he's a contractor) so I'm not quite sure why it doesn't occur to him to take them off when he enters his own!!!!
  • dbriggs9
    dbriggs9 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My dissolution is just waiting on a court date so... I guess he did a LOT of stuff to bug me? :-)
  • monroe61
    monroe61 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    My husband takes his clothes off upstairs and throws them down to the next level where they will sit at the bottom of those stairs until I kick them into the basement!! Really just get undressed in the bedroom and throw them in the basement from there.

We have a multi level house so there is 3 flights of stairs. oh and his socks are alwasy everywhere too.
  • Marcillene
    Options
    Lol. Mine doesn't undo his socks so I can wash them. (Youn know how they are halfway inside out, halfway not from them pulling them off).

He thinks that just because his shirt/pants are already in the drawer, means they don't need to be folded.
  • Deedles2012
    Deedles2012 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    My hubby, as wonderful as he is, is always late. Everywhere, anywhere. He will dawdle along until we have 20 minutes to be somewhere and then he gets ready.
  • Marcillene
    Options
    My dissolution is just waiting on a court date so... I guess he did a LOT of stuff to bug me? :-)
    Lol, the true ONLY way to get rid of the his pet peeves..:laugh:
  • jenbk2
    jenbk2 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    He repeats himself over and over. Drives me NUTS !
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    My wife always looks awesome and it makes it hard to concentrate on what I should be doing. *Shakes fist* "Damn you, you incredibly beautiful woman."
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Mine works overnight sometimes - he'll throw his jeans/belt on the floor, then when i wake up on the middle of the night, i get to trip over them - my answer to that is to throw them down the hall. Then the cat sleeps on them and he gets to pick the cat hair off before putting them in the washer. :bigsmile:

And he puts his trash...on TOP of the trashcan - i am tempted to put a big sign on the lid that says "this opens!"
  • Marcillene
    Options
    my man is pretty awesome, but the one thing he consistently does not do is screw lids & caps on tightly. sometimes they just rest on the bottle or jar. even if he puts it away.

he also "lets things 'soak' " which is just manspeak for making a science experiment in the sink.

but really, i can't complain. he's the best.

BAHAHAHA Ditto. Thats how my guy does the dishes. I ask him to do the dishes (since hes been laid off for 4 months) and I come home with a sink full of bleach water & dishes. He says they are soaking (EVEN THOUGH i rinse every dish before I put it in the sink). Really? The waters cold now. How long have you had them soaking?

So I end up doing them. Lol.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    The early flush is fun because we like to piss into whirlpools. Remnant piss is to leave our mark, notifying others that we were there.

The toilet seat is left up because there are complaints of pissing on the toilet seat. There's also no courtesy for us when we have to go, so we have to lift it ourselves. Seems like a fair trade.
  • FuneralDiner
    FuneralDiner Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Not exist.

Damn him.
  • Marcillene
    Options
    My hubby, as wonderful as he is, is always late. Everywhere, anywhere. He will dawdle along until we have 20 minutes to be somewhere and then he gets ready.

I am guilty of this :) But on a day that we are really running late (sometimes from me), halfway to our destination he says, Im gonna stop and get something to drink. Really? You cant wait till we get to our already late destination?
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Main thing is when he gets home, he just strips down to his boxers and dumps all the clothes on the floor IN THE LIVING ROOM. And he's ULTRA sweaty! (electrical warehouse worker).

Mine does this too!! He's in pest control so he's outside a lot. When he comes home, he'll strip to his boxers and throw his clothes on the bar stool! ugh...He mostly does this with his regular street clothes and just leave them there until he needs to wear them again. I've told him a million times, the bar area is not a closet. We have closet for a reason and that is where clothes should be! There are still clothes on the bar stools at all times.
  • rabbit__food
    rabbit__food Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    He chews very loudly. It drives me insane lol
  • EnergyYesPlease
    Options
    1. Leaves the toilet seat up
    2. Can't find the energy to wash dishes but has plenty of it to make a huge mess
    3. Can't pick up after himself (I have a 3yr old that does better most days)
    4. Complains/groans/moans about a head cold but tells me to suck it up if I have one
    5. He compliments me when I do the house work or yard work, but never jumps in to help, just watches
  • Mios3
    Mios3 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    The only thing I can think of is he blows his nose in the shower UGH!!!

This is the reason I take showers alone anymore...