Talk about a slap in the face. Motivation depleted.

Options

Replies

• meglynne1987
    meglynne1987 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    :huh:
    Get Rid Of The Jerk
  • thebaconbeast
    thebaconbeast Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I pretty much got ridiculed for my weight for the whole of my school life ,but when I left I decided to put all the mental bs in my head aside and do something about my weight ;if you really want to do it you'll find the motivation no matter what.

It's your choice.
  • stephinpitts
    Options
    All I can say is that I'm looking at the photos in your profile and you're quite sexy IMO. I don't know the guy so I can't and won't pass judgement on him, but I'm looking at your photos and I'm wondering just what it is that he wants.

...and of course, you do have a right to be upset and angry over your BF saying that to you. After all of the sweat and work to get to where you are, he should definitely be more supportive. It doesn't take a genius to realize that he'd get much farther that way. A little thought & consideration goes a long way.

I won't say to break up with him because I just don't know enough about the situation, but keep working for yourself to feel good about yourself.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    "You have great features, and while I don't find myself attracted to you because of your weight, I do see potential in you and when I see old pictures of you and where you have been, I see that you can be smaller than you are"

To which my response would be "You are a good looking guy. I *SAW* potential in you and I can see how you should be a better person than you are. Goodbye."
  • karylee44
    karylee44 Posts: 892
    Options
    say bye bye now before you move and get stuck in a relationship that is just a sinking ship..

and have to stay because of money and kids.. :(

find someone better.. :)
  • julietfayexo
    Options
    He better not be your boyfriend anymore! No man should tell a woman to lose weight no matter how big she is. I'm the same size as you and I would have slapped him in the face!
  • FriendsR4EverTreasures
    Options
    curve is calling his name
  • wannaplay2505
    Options
    I know how you can instantly drop at least 100 lbs. Drop the loser. He's an *kitten* and you deserve better. :wink:
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    If someone doesn't want you at your worst he sure as hell doesn't deserve you at your best. The world is full of men, find a better one!
  • midgetio
    midgetio Posts: 57
    Options
    Dump his *kitten*, seriously!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    My answer would be "I thought you had some great features but I don't find myself attracted to you because of your personality, I don't see any potential in you and I see that you are a lot less intelligent than I thought you were"
    okay so THIS one is my favorite

This one! My best friend's husband told her he expected her to look the same as she did when they got married, and he's constantly on her about going to the gym. She's had 4 kids!!! Men can be really dumb. Please tell me he's now your ex.
  • Chipmaniac
    Chipmaniac Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I pretty much got ridiculed for my weight for the whole of my school life ,but when I left I decided to put all the mental bs in my head aside and do something about my weight ;if you really want to do it you'll find the motivation no matter what.

It's your choice.
    Um...she's doesn't have to. She's normal weight and hot. The guy is the one with the whacked out idea of what someone should look like.
  • Runner50266
    Options
    Run. Run now and don't look back.
  • workma24
    workma24 Posts: 2
    Options
    He needs to love you for who you ARE NOW, not who you used to be. What an *kitten*! He needs to be your exboyfriend. It's one thing in being supportive, it's another for that.
  • thebaconbeast
    thebaconbeast Posts: 560 Member
    Options

It's your choice.
    Um...she's doesn't have to. She's normal weight and hot. The guy is the one with the whacked out idea of what someone should look like.

Hence it's her choice what she does .
  • PJYoung2012
    PJYoung2012 Posts: 191
    Options
    Ditch the douche for he is a loser!
  • realia
    realia Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I had to watch my mom date (and almost marry) a guy who constantly threw in her face that she wasn't attractive enough for him, because she wasn't as skinny as she used to be. He wasn't so upfront about it like your boyfriend, but he bought expensive clothing like Armani and Ralph Lauren in a size 6. She's a size 16. This man was manipulative and treated her like *kitten*. No one deserves that.

I've read a lot of comments in this thread saying that your boyfriend isn't shallow. He's just telling you the truth as a way to push you to your goals. Here's the thing, you cannot lose weight for anybody but yourself. Your intention may have been to please your husband or to "wow" your high school friends at a reunion, but at the end of the day, it's all about you. You can't please everybody.
  • PunkyG210
    PunkyG210 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    OMG! Are you kidding! I think that he was being honest when he said those things BUT obviously he didn't take into consideration how those comments would make you feel. Therefore, I think he's an arrogant self-centered *kitten*. First of all, if he's not attracted to you....why is he with you? Second, if he's not attracted to you and he thinks it's ok to say nasty hurtful things to you....why are you with him?

I'd say, move back home because of the job you have lined up, continue your efforts to reach your goals...for yourself, not him and bend over, tell him to kiss your *kitten* and be done with him. It's not ok for him to say things like that. If you stay with him, that's what you have to look forward to. I wish you luck with your new job and your weightloss goals. Kathy
  • CowgirlKimi
    CowgirlKimi Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    You are WORTHY of someone who loves you for the lovely, beautiful, and adorable person you are REGARDLESS of your packaging! Please... see the value in who you are and lose this clown. I met and married my husband when I was about a size 16 -18. Now that I am losing the weight, its like an added bonus to him! lol He never said anything about it when I was bigger, and you know what... I had to realize that my health was at risk, not his love. Plain and simple. For someone to treat you like that is toxic. Cut him out like an ingrown toenail... the stress may actually be causing you NOT to lose the weight, sis.

Lots of HUGS!
    Kimi
  • daking639
    daking639 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a shallow D-BAG!