guns or no guns?

Options

Replies

• Meghan0116
    Meghan0116 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I couldn't think of not working my guns twice a week. Hulk no need weapons he uses his guns to SMASH!

And there's my Tim. lol
  • akoivisto
    akoivisto Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Pro-Gun
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    ANTI.
  • elmarko123
    elmarko123 Posts: 89
    Options
    I'll go anti-gun, and I live in Canada, where we have a constitution, a Charter of Rights and Freedoms, and a gun death rate 1/6th of that of our American friends.

The United States has 313,967,000 citizens.
    Canada has 34,865,700 citizens

We have 9x the people you do. So your 1/6th is about right...

What was your point again??

Learn stats terminology. 1/6th the RATE of gun deaths, not 1/6th the gun deaths. In actual count, we have 1/60th the number of gun deaths.
    Give up, trying to explain to (most, not all - I've seen a few on here who seems intelligent) Americans what "per capita" means is like trying to explain particle physics to a donkey.

They have a mental block in understanding how basic statistics works it seems from what I've read on this forum.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Anti-gun
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    If those are my only choices, pro.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    anti - no question.
  • brandiwells1
    brandiwells1 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    PRO-gun!!!
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    Pro-gun!
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    guns. and coffee.

coffee and guns.

love it!! Same here
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    If there were no guns how would my family bond? And one person in that theater with a gun could have stopped that sicko before that many people died.

Not necessarily... unless the person was an incredibly good shot... because the psycho was wearing a bullet proof vest and a riot helmet....

Do you think said madman focusing on one person, instead of randomly shooting into a crowd of 150 is better or worse of a situation?

Also, regardless of body armor...taking a pistol round will hurt/break ribs/knock wind out ect. Body armor does not make you invincible.

I get that... and I agree... but I don't think the other shooter (if one was around because seriously, who thinks, "Man, I better take my gun to the movies... there might be some psycho shooting up the place tonight!") would have been able to take him out as many seem to suggest... even if he was a good shot, there would be high risk for collateral damage, with people trying to escape.

There is no such thing as collateral damage in this situation. EVERYONES life was in immediate danger at that point regardless of 1 shooter or two.
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Pro-gun

Blaming guns for people being shot is like blaming mcdonalds for getting fat :wink:
  • mangozulu
    mangozulu Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    anti-gun
  • horses1jessi
    horses1jessi Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Guns for sure.. It's crazey to think will will rid the world of murder and violence by making guns illegal, that was worked great on the war on drugs.
    My brother was shot and killed by a crazey man with a gun.. If he had on (and yes he knew how to use one) he would still be alive.

Just saying it's all a bout who is holding the gun if its a violent murder a gun is not going to stop that or make it happen, That's like saying "Spoons made me Fat"
  • brandiwells1
    brandiwells1 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I already stated PRO.
    OMG!!!! Coming from england jeeezzzz anti completely!! Alot of ppl are pro yet what has just happened am i missing something here ......

Lets see, one nutjob killed people. 40 million legal gun owners did not.

Someone stabbed a guy down the street with a steak knife last week, we should take steak knives away from everyone who uses them responsibly.

People kill people PERIOD
  • Sheila4046
    Sheila4046 Posts: 28
    Options
    Pro-gun
  • dittmarml
    dittmarml Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Pro gun.
    In the same way I am pro-seatbelt.

I have them. They work well.
    And I sincerly hope I never NEED to use them.

^^^This
  • holeshottdr
    holeshottdr Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Pro-Gun
  • Sheila4046
    Sheila4046 Posts: 28
    Options
    Pro-gun

Blaming guns for people being shot is like blaming mcdonalds for getting fat :wink:

Exactly :)
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    To the people saying the Batman tradgedy would have turned out differently if someone had a gun on them, I think you're living in a movie. Seriously. This is real life, NOT a movie.

Like someone would have saved the day and shot him down, and all would have been okay. Oh, really?

How about, if his LEGALLY OBTAINED guns didn't exist or weren't sold to him, those people wouldn't have been killed, least not by bullets.