Why aren't more guys ballsy?

Options

Replies

• chrischinchilla
    chrischinchilla Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    For the same reason why more girls aren't approachable: because it gives too much to the other sex. And how about this, if you see a cute guy that you'd like to ask you out, why don't you go up and ask HIM on a date?
  • stupidloser
    stupidloser Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    And I mean that as in personality.

I'm single. Super tall girl so I intimidate the crap out of men, apparently. But if see an attractive girl that you want to take out, why not just ask? Stop being so damn shy! lol

That's my "rant"...

You are hot! wanna go out?
  • Here2GetFit
    Here2GetFit Posts: 292
    Options
    because I'm married and my wife wouldnt appreciate me doing that.. otherwise......

I'm in the same boat.....

Ha Ha, see gentlemen, that's where you went wrong...need to find a woman who is into polygyny...all problems solved!! =)

Are you into it? If so, I will check to see if it will fly at home :tongue:
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    For the same reason why more girls aren't approachable: because it gives too much to the other sex. And how about this, if you see a cute guy that you'd like to ask you out, why don't you go up and ask HIM on a date?

Already been asked.

She's "Old-Fashioned"
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    I guess since I am short and not super attractive I don't have this problem LOL!

I've been a little freaked out by all the random men that either look at me and/or come talk to me. It's weird.
  • Peanut0711
    Peanut0711 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    because I'm married and my wife wouldnt appreciate me doing that.. otherwise......

I'm in the same boat.....

Ha Ha, see gentlemen, that's where you went wrong...need to find a woman who is into polygyny...all problems solved!! =)

Are you into it? If so, I will check to see if it will fly at home :tongue:

Make sure your wife approves....:smooched:
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    So you're 5'10", won't date guys shorter than you and won't approach men?

No offense but it's no wonder your single. You've just labeled 50% of the men in the world un-dateable and you've probably cut out another 25% by ruling out shy guys.

I agree. :smile: I think you are afraid of rejection but don't think guys should be. And then you give reason for them to be intimidated (you don't date guys under 5'10"). I'd absolutely be afraid of rejection and scared to approach a guy if I was looking for one. I don't really see why guys should be more ballsy than women .... err figuratively speaking :wink:
  • sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    I personally am a *****...I know what I want, I do not need a man for really much of anything, I am very independent, very opinionated and very stuck in my ways...that being said... I WANT a man that can take care of business, one that likes to take charge, one that will stand up for me.

I think strong, independent woman ( like me) may be to blame with men become less ballsy than in yesteryear. Todays woman really dont rely on men like they did during our mother's generation....that's a shame too... even though I don't NEED a man to define me... I can say, I MUST have one that can stand on his own...period! No wimpy wussy boys allowed for this chick!
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I don't think she is asking too much,

just a tall, decent looking, not shy, successful millionaire who is also a retired fireman that runs an animal shelter on the weekends, and takes care of his elderly parents while riding motorcycles and horses without safety gear, that is always the most romantic person in history... I mean really, that's just about anyone on the planet really . :)
  • perfect10isha
    perfect10isha Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's your height either. One of my best friends is 6'1" and wears 4 inch platforms and gets plenty of attention from men (taller and shorter). She has a awesome personality and people in general are just attracted to her. She's confident, without being arrogant, full of life, funny, smart and has a great sense of humor. Now she is still looking for "Mr. Right" so to speak, but she certainly doesn't have any problems with men approaching her. I also have a girlfriend who is pretty overweight, but still shapely and hella confident. Without even trying she has natural sex appeal, and she probably weighs around 200 lbs at 5'6" and she also has no shortage of men trying to holla at her.

It's so easy to say that men are intimidated by your looks these days to protect our ego, I hear it all the time. Or women claiming other women hate them because they're so pretty. I'm not saying this applies to you, but sometimes people don't like your personality or their impression of you. I've been told by random men that I look mad/angry (followed by an attempt to cheer me up over breakfast in bed, lol) I'm not really mad/angry I guess I just hold my face when I"m thinking about something that makes me look upset. I say that to say, that maybe its time you take an honest look at yourself and potentially how other people see you. Ask a guy friend who can be honest with you. In regards to only dating men taller than you, my advice is to give guys a chance that may not meet that criteria if they have other qualities you like. Be open to to the possibility that someone shorter than you may "do it for you" in every other way. My husband is certainly not the "type" I'd thought I'd marry, but I"m glad I didn't let me preferences regarding superficial things get in my way, because he's the love of my life and the sexiest man on the face of the earth.
  • lassisar
    lassisar Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    If you think being taller is a problem for guys, try being more educated or making more money than they do. I'm a chemical engineer in law school. I am feeling a little panic because I have less than a year of school left and being a student is somewhat approachable, but I am not looking forward to telling guys I'm a patent attorney.

Find a fireman or a marine. They have balls.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    maybe because when they are they get branded as being creepy, stalkers or jerks?

in general, i think when women complain about men being too intimidated to approach, it's actually because those women come off as being jerks. i've known quite a few women who'd much rather believe that they are too smart, pretty, sexy, tall, etc for men and that's why they dont get dates when that isnt always the case .

i think the general rule of thumb is if a guy likes what he sees and you seem like you arent going to be an outright b*tch when he approaches then he'll approach. what a lot of women dont realize is that guys will watch how you handle that obvious frog who tries to hollah. if you're mean and then laugh at him after he leaves then what guy is going to want to try his luck with someone who can't even treat a human being like a human being, much less be gracious enough to nicely say thanks but no thanks?
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    i think when women complain about men

This. Seriously. Men are great. We should give them all more credit.
  • Jebbster007
    Jebbster007 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    according to google i.e. the Census Bureau, (insert level of your own believable-ness.....my made up word) 99.6 million people in the US over the age of 18, are single. So lets round that to 100 million. 54.1% of that are single males over the age of 18. So lets round that to 50 million just for fun. Out of ALL males in the United States, only 14.9% are over 6 feet tall. You said you were 5'10". So lets round that number to 15% just for ease. Now we could take 15% of 50 million but that won't be entirely accurate (lol not that ANY of this is "entirely" accurate) since it doesn't differentiate between married or single in the 15% of males 6 feet and over. So lets take off 5% as a liberal guesstimate. 10% of 50 million is 5 million. 5 million "potential" men spread out across the US. Keep in mind there is 17 million total people in Los Angeles county alone. Now I feel for ya in the sense of being a "tad" old fashioned. I am myself, I want to pursue a woman....I don't want to be "pursued". However, if the height req is a deal breaker...i.e. he MUST be taller than me, you might want to be rather "open" as far as your personality requirements go because you're fishing in a smaller pool than you think. Not trying to discourage you mind you, but "ballsy" might be the last thing you need to be looking for.....if the goal is finding a successful relationship, of course.

P.S. You could always search single men by state as well. Apparently Alaska is the "mother lode" of single men, 8 single men for every single woman. Largest difference in any US state.

P.P.S. I'm not saying you aren't "allowed" to have whatever standards you choose to have. Just saying, as others in the thread have already said better than I, it might broaden your available selections by getting rid of "ballsy", and insert, Loyalty, fidelity, trustworthy, honest and sense of humor. Things that are much more indicative of someone with high character, rather than someone who is "brave" enough to ask you out the first time.
  • hyperionguy
    Options
    A lot of women want to sit back and be 'old fashioned' but have zero idea why they are unapproachable. Sure, you may catch a guy's eye and he may think 'wow, she's cute' but then stacks that up against all of the other cues and says "nah, i'm not gonna bother'. Perception is everything and with often only a short time to pick up cues and analyze... too bad.
  • Jebbster007
    Jebbster007 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I think I should add.....you should change the header to "Why aren't 'TALL' guys more ballsy"? Cuz anyone shorter than you would just get shot down anyways. So what would you even care if someone shorter than you was "ballsy".
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    if he's not asking could it possibly be that he's not interested? And, if he is interested & not asking... he lacks confidence. why would you want to date that? the right one will ask.

reminds me that being single can sometimes suck.

good luck!
    this ^^
  • tennisbabe94
    tennisbabe94 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Who cares, we all know boys have cooties! :sick:
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Because they can distract themselves from their lonely life with video games
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    You're right. This hot girl intimidated the *kitten* out of me at the bar the other night, my friends kept telling me she was looking at me all night but I just couldnt make my move. :sad:

Awww:flowerforyou: