What do you eat when you crave chocolate?

Options

Replies

• Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    It's probably not the sugar. Chocolate mimics endorphins, which is why it's sometimes considered a natural antidepressant.

When I crave chocolate I eat chocolate.
  • ethel342012
    Options
    JIF has a Chocolate spread out. Maybe if u eat a tablespoon of it once in a while. Angel food cake
  • harpercutie
    harpercutie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    chocolate protein shake

or a sugarfree chocoperfection bar

or if you wannt low cal ice cream- artic zero has only 150 cals per pint!!!!
    or eat dark chocolate

or take unsweetened cocoa powder and add whatever you want to it. for example if you want to make a chocolate mouse add cream and stevia

or mix it with water and peanut butter and put that over nuts or fruit and freeze it
  • schustc
    schustc Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    instant fix: Chocolate PB2 (I make 1/4 cup, and add 2 packets of Truvia for a bit more sweet) mix it up, and dunk mini pretzels (20 are 110 calories).

for both it's only 200 calories - and mega delicious. When I was on vacation with the family, they'd sit around with cookies and milk for a night time snack, and I grabbed my chocolate/peanutbutter/pretzel indulgence. My husband actually preferred the peanut butter and chocolate combo with pretzels, and after a few nights he was asking for THAT instead of the cookies:) YUM!
  • LisaDunn01
    LisaDunn01 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Equal Exchange Dark Chocolate: Panama
    or
    UliMana Dark Cacao Truffles
    or
    homemade chocolate shake: 1 c. almond milk, 1 tbsp. peanut butter, 1 tbsp. raw cacao powder, 2 raw bananas - BLEND.

YUMMY!
  • susiemou
    susiemou Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    when i can't stop craving chocolate i have a low calorie hot chocolate drink, or as a treat i have homemade hot chocolate with semi skimmed milk, i tsp of cocoa and i tsp of sugar, so not that bad, and not as bad as eating a bar of chocolate and still wanting more......aaaghhh hate that feeling.:explode:
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate

I skip the more chocolate, but the rest looks good
    This :laugh: I reckon if you really want it, eat it. As long as it comes in your allowance, why not enjoy?
  • aylawill
    aylawill Posts: 65
    Options
    I usually just eat it. Not very often (maybe every month or so) but if I'm craving it, then I just eat a small piece. I don't really like milk chocolate, so dark chocolate it is! Lindt has a good one!
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Chocolate...just make it work
  • EchoOfYourPast
    EchoOfYourPast Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Get the small chocolate candies...hersheys kisses, dove, m&m's.....just eat a little bit at a time....i keep alot of chocolate around and have it on occasion.
    Sandra :)
  • cherikasalzmann
    Options
    I eat Fiber One 90 calorie brownies, or a small piece of dark chocolate. :happy:
  • Justa_Paperbag
    Justa_Paperbag Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Chocolate cheerios, sans milk. They taste very similar (to me) to those Oreo 100 calorie packs, and there are about 100 calories in a serving size (3/4 of a cup, I think it is).
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Chocolate. Ghiradelli 86% dark.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    If you do decide to eat chocolate, find some *real* chocolate...not sugar with some chocolate in it like Hershey's kisses, or Dove whatevers, or anything else you'd typically find in the "candy" aisle.
  • bacamacho
    bacamacho Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Another chocolate thread! I always have semi-sweet chocolate chips in the fridge for baking and making pancakes. I'll have a handful of those.
  • alsaxon
    alsaxon Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Fruit

Not to be rude but if you ever find a fruit that can cure a chocolate craving please let me know!!

Exactly! lol
  • alsaxon
    alsaxon Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Another chocolate thread! I always have semi-sweet chocolate chips in the fridge for baking and making pancakes. I'll have a handful of those.

That's what I do. It won't put a dent in your daily caloric intake. I usually only need about 5.
  • elliottjane
    Options
    Go to Aldi and get Fit&Active Fudge Ice Cream Bars. They're AMAZING!!! Only 90 calories!!
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Chocolate good. No chocolate bad.
  • je6305
    je6305 Posts: 29
    Options
    lol