List Of Low Calorie Foods EVERYONE should know about!!

Options

Replies

• davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    how about good old fashioned strawberries. Ripe ones are great and you can scoff a punnet for 80-100 cals ;-)
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    OP, if you aren't already, please seek some professional help.
    Your tumblr is very disturbing and not healthy.
  • Femtec74
    Femtec74 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I personally didn't like the miracle noodles - my favorite noodle substitute is spaghetti squash. Try it with spaghetti sauce - you'll love it! Take a look at the hungrygirl.com web site - she has a bunch of great foods (mostly processed if you don't mind that)
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    How has nobody commented on OP's clearly pro-ana tumblr (morbid-bones.tumblr.com) or noted the fact that she's 5'4.5 and trying to get down to 100 lbs? Girl, I'm concerned about you :/

Because her list is less helpful if she's got another problem? It looks like a lot of people found her list helpful and she hasn't broken the rules with this post--it's NOT pro-ana in any way. If her tumblr is, that's another thing, but this post does nothing to promote extreme dieting. I fail to see why it's appropriate to comment on her personal life because she made a list of low calorie foods to share with other people. Looks like the people who appreciated her list weren't in any way suffering from anorexia.

How do you know no one else who commented isn't suffering from anorexia? In addition, by so many people responding and saying this is a good list of things to eat, it's just validating OP's mindset about food. I'm just worried about her, and anyone else who resorts to eating artificial foods like some of the things on this list because they want to starve themselves thin.
  • petuniarosehamm
    Options
    bump
  • BeckyLH
    BeckyLH Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Great thread :)
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Wylers lite lemonade: 10 calories. You can dilute it by half and it comes to 2 1/2 cal per cup.

FiberOne original: 60 calories per 1/2 cup and 14 gm of fiber
  • francesca_emily
    francesca_emily Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    bump
  • PrincessNikkiBoo
    PrincessNikkiBoo Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 1cherrycoke
    Options
    bump
  • sanvanhaaften
    Options
    bump!
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Most of this is just processed crap and marketing ploys. Just because something is low calorie does NOT make it healthy.

Why not focus on your HEALTH and try eating REAL food for a change???
    These are just some (non-obvious/unknown) foods i have discovered over my years of trying to lose weight and research etc etc.!
    Comment if you've got your own low calorie food to share with everyone!

1. Miracle Noodles (0 calories!):
    this is probably the number 1 most miracle of all foods. They taste pretty much like any noodle (flavorless) except slightly chewier, which is definitively worth it for the 0 calories! you can order them on amazon, and there are a list of shops you can get them in on their official website. and they can NOT ONLY be used as noodles.. i have found a recipe online where you can use them to make 10 CALORIE COOKIES (this is the link > http://mitochondrialdepletionsyndrome.blogspot.com/p/recipes-10-calorie-miracle-chocolate.html ) so all in all, these things are pretty much da bomb.
    OFFICIAL WEBSITE: http://www.miraclenoodle.com/

2. Alpro Light Soya Milk (22cal per 100ml)
    Okay, this doesn't taste exactly like normal milk, but it is an excellent alternative if you want to add it to something (e.g: hot chocolate, cereal) and takes away so many calories. A cup of whole milk (250ml) would be 165 calories, where as a cup of this would only be 55calories, when you consider it like that it really is a big difference! Plus its is very nutritious! probably more than actual milk!
    OFFICIAL WEBSITE: http://www.alpro.com/country

3. Hartleys Low Calorie Jelly Pots (8.75 calories!)
    Got a sweet tooth? These are your answer! They come in various flavors: Cranberry & Raspberry, Blueberry & Blackcurrant, Mango & Passionfruit. They really do taste good too!
    OFFICIAL WEBSITE: http://www.hartleysjelly.com/

4.Green Tea. (0 calories)
    This is literally the best thing ever. It has so many benefits, like speeding up your metabolism. I personally always feel great after drinking it, it gives me energy! Plus it fills you up. I could go on and on and on about how much i'd recommend drinking this, just Google it and you'll see what i mean!

5.All-bran Cereal. (80calories/30g serving)
    Okay this isn't very tasty, (its pretty bland) but ill tell you why its great: it has TONSSSS of fibre in it. which 1. fills you the **** up and 2. keeps your digestive system moving. I have it with 125 ml of of the soya milk i mentioned, which is just over 100 calories! seriously great breakfast, like it fills you up soooo much sometimes i have to struggle slightly to finish the bowl! it will definitely keep you going for a good while. If you want to you could add some sugar (or sweetener), raisins, fruit, whatever to improve the flavor!
    OFFICIAL WEBSITE: http://www.all-bran.com/Home.aspx

6.Hovis Nimble Wholemeal Sliced Bread (50calories per slice)
    Theres nothing particularly amazing about this but the fact that 2 slices comes to 100 calories is pretty low for bread, no? compared to some white breads being 93 or so calories per slice!
    OFFICIAL WEBSITE: http://www.hovisbakery.co.uk/

7.Philadelphia Cream Cheese Extra Light (33 calories per 30g serving)
    As far as i know, you can get mini tubs of this too which is handy because you know that you are using the right amount! put it on some toasted Hovis Nimble bread and comes to about 130 calories, decent low calorie meal!
    OFFICIAL WEBSITE: http://www.philadelphia.co.uk/

8.Cadburies Highlights hot chocolate (40calories per sache)
    Overall this isn't much lower than normal hot chocolate, but again, the benefit of it is that your aware of the amount of calories you're having. Good for curing chocolate cravings. Add it to water, or 250ml of heated Alpro soya milk and it comes to 95cals!
    OFFICIAL WEBSITE: http://www.cadbury.co.uk/ourproducts/today/Pages/productDetails.aspx?category=drinks&product=highlights

9.Any diet fizzy drink (usually 0cal)
    Im aware that most of you probably know about these haha, but just thought id throw them in for good measure, to show my appreciation for diet coke <3

10. ICE COLD water (0cal)
    okay again this is obvious i know but not only is it no calories, it fills you up and, actually BURNS calories. I'm not sure how much calories per ml exactly but I'm sure its easy for anyone to find out!

So there ya go! just thought i'd let people know about my little discoveries! I might have left someout but ill comment on this if i think of any more!

PLEASE COMMENT IF YOU'VE GOT ANY TOO! (not the obvious fruits or soup though lol, you know what i mean) I would definately appriciate it, along with others im sure.

Add me guys!!!! xxxxxx
  • meredith7801
    meredith7801 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Light Potato Bread from Aunt Millies is only 35 calories per slice

Love it!
  • megan120c
    megan120c Posts: 13
    Options
    Does anyone know where abouts in the UK you can get the low cal noodles?
  • GnochhiGnomes
    GnochhiGnomes Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Oh miracle noodles, they sound fantastic but I can't find them anywhere(I live in the UK).
    Also I don't understand the anti-processed food people, if I could I would eat little cubes which fit my macros/calories perfectly and satiated me for the rest of the day.
  • mrsslimkatie
    Options
    bump
  • Gyllain
    Gyllain Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Bumpity bump!
  • mrsslimkatie
    Options
    I went to my local Asian Grocer who said they havent been able to find yam shirataki noodles so I guess my search will have to broaden ;(
    I did find mung bean noodles that are only 161 cals for a 3.35 oz serving which is low for noodles.

The mung bean noodles were really tasty topped with summer squash sauteed with bell pepper, onion, garlic and pepper!!! The texture was nice. Not to starchy like some alternative noodles. 2 thumbs up :-)
  • NikkiTompson
    NikkiTompson Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    if anyone is after crisps...then walkers French fries are low in calories...each flavour between 80 and 90 cals...also fairly low on carbs too...
    to answer those questioning this "junk" food...I do agree that we should be eating fresh and healthy.m.but it's nice to know what low calorie options we have when we want to eat a bit of rubbish..because let's face it...we all do sometimes....
  • em1821
    em1821 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    bump - thanks :smile: