Fast Food

Options
1234568»

Replies

• makemewannadie
    makemewannadie Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Also to the OP- I actually agree with you, although people will always get offended, but you're not telling them directly what to eat and what not to eat, you're just sharing your opinion... my boyfriend loves takeaway pizzas, KFC, Subway... I try to sway his eating to make it a little healthier, but it doesn't bother me (actually the only thing that bothers me is the money he spends, when we could make a pizza from scratch at home for a lot less cheaper than £15!)
  • PamL66
    PamL66 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Chill everyone. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Neverstray has an opinion. It's just that. Don't crucify someone for what they believe. True, much fast food is purely fatty and filling, but many fast food joints have healthier choices. I do try to avoid it, but there are times when being at home and cooking the healthy "from scratch" meal just aren't possible. Fast food has its place, but no one is forced to eat it. Don't like it? Avoid it. Like it? Eat in moderation.
  • HunterKiller_wechange
    HunterKiller_wechange Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Also to the OP- I actually agree with you, although people will always get offended, but you're not telling them directly what to eat and what not to eat, you're just sharing your opinion... my boyfriend loves takeaway pizzas, KFC, Subway... I try to sway his eating to make it a little healthier, but it doesn't bother me (actually the only thing that bothers me is the money he spends, when we could make a pizza from scratch at home for a lot less cheaper than £15!)

Totally agree. Dominos are a rip off and home made ones are soo much nicer.
  • HunterKiller_wechange
    HunterKiller_wechange Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    love double bacon cheese burgers, chilli cheese dippers, Big Macs ect but always feel like crap after i have eaten them as my body is used to the nice healthy stuff i feed it now. Once in a while doesn't hurt though. :smile:
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I thnk that fast foods can become addictive. I know that my kids have trouble going too long without a chicken sandwich and fries.
  • puffidredz
    puffidredz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I just can't wrap my head around it. Why do you eat it? I haven't had fast food in so many years, I don't even know how long.

good for u. and because we like it.
  • Coco_UK
    Coco_UK Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You do what you want, so do I... We are all able to make choices and be responsible for what we do.

There there are two obvious points which are pointless arguing:

1) Fast food It is not a good choice.
    2) A lot of people chose it.
    3) People can and do bad choices.
    4) we are here to improve our health

I smoked for over 20 years and liked it... surely I am not going to say it is good though.

This site is about changing for the better and supporting each other whilst doing it not judging !!
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I'm always amazed by threads like this that present a given preference as superior ... what's the purpose of this discussion? Is it really going to convert someone one way or the other when one posts something like, "Yeah, well, I never eat X because it's garbage/disgusting/whatever." And if one does convince everyone else here, what's the payoff for the convincer?

This is a fitness forum. It is fustrating for people who are genuinely trying to help people who are often failing on their goals and getting upset and depressed and seeking advice see posts unchallenged that fast food is ok.

Sure it is ok as a very rare meal. Id argue the more of it you eat the nicer it tastes. Dont eat macdonalds for a month and see how sugar and grease laden a big mac tastes. Sure it might be beef but for the same price as a meal go and buy real steak

So yeah one burger wont kill you but dont give people struggling with weight control the idea it can be worked as a balanced calorie control diet or it is the only option they have. It destroys the hard work helpful people put in

A minority of the posts in this thread knocking fast food address the nutritional values of eating fast food. Instead, most of them express personal distaste for the same. No one cares if someone on MFP finds fast food gross, and stating personal preferences isn't going to convince someone else of the wisdom of not eating a certain way.

I'll pick up something at Wendy's about once every two weeks ... a small chili, no cheese, or an ultimate chicken grill. Both are reasonably healthy choices: few fat grams, not too bad on sugar. Healthy eating is about making better choices, but it's also about eating mindfullly rather than mindlessly: eating only when you're hungry, stopping when you're full, and fully enjoying what you're eating. If you make food about moral choices, you're setting people up for failure.

Reading recommendation: "Intuitive Eating" by Evelyn Tribole and Elyse Resch.
  • makemewannadie
    makemewannadie Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    there are times when being at home and cooking the healthy "from scratch" meal just aren't possible.

(genuinely not criticism, just a question!) are there no places around you/around the people on here who say they only eat fast food because they can't cook sometimes, where you can get decent quality food for around the same price? I'm lucky because i have an amazing japanese restaurant down the road from me where I can get miso soup, cucumber maki, etc. enough for a dinner that costs around £6 (as well as a vegan cafe that makes homemade beanburgers on a wholegrain roll for £4!) just because sometimes we all can't be bothered/don't have the time/for whatever reason can't or won't cook at home, doesn't mean we have to make poor decisions when eating out.
    Although treating ourselves once in a while is fine, everyone's different and can make their own decisions.. but then again, if i'm going to blow 1000 calories, I can personally think of much better ways to spend them than on a portion of greasy fries!
  • fromfattytohealthy
    fromfattytohealthy Posts: 60 Member
    Options

Totally agree. Dominos are a rip off and home made ones are soo much nicer.

That's cause Domino's pizzas are shipped to them frozen and all they do is add the toppings before putting it in the oven. At least here they do!
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Chick-fil-a last night: Plain Spicy Chicken w/ extra pickles and a small waffle fries. . .

It. Was. Good.
  • ahmommy
    ahmommy Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Many fast food places have healthy options if you know how to order. I love a taco salad from Moe's with no shell, guacamole instead of dressing. Yum! High in sodium so I chug some water and I'm good.

I was actually really disappointed recently. After not having a big mac for a very long time, I decided to get one. It was bland and dry and very blah. I used to love me a big mac and some McD's fries!
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Eat fast food, don't eat it, who cares?

I laughed really hard at the OP's overwrought apologies though. Come on. The dramatic apology more than once? Really? LMAO