Options

Replies

• juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    SideSteel wrote: »
    I got to AMRAP tonight and I got 175x9 with decent depth. If this means my 1rm is finally 225 it will knock my panties off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kuAteVtsBU

It's the shoes. They're like magic :smiley: That looked easy and your depth was more than decent on most of them.

Have you thought about testing your 1rm?

@juliewatkin - I've been coaching her for a bit now in preparation for her upcoming meet so I'll reply to this one as well, I hope you don't mind! The temptation is definitely there to see where her strength levels are at. So far the volume block of training is going incredibly well.

We are using a DUP type of set up that is also block periodized in that we are doing a volume block followed by an intensity block followed by a taper into the meet. Right now we are in a volume phase, still making weekly increases to load but keeping the total volume as the primary goal. We will eventually transition into an intensity block where rep ranges go down and load goes up a bit faster.

At that point we should have a much closer idea as to where her strength levels are at for the upcoming meet.

I am curious as hell about where her 1rm is currently but it's one of those things where the plan is working very well, so we stick to the plan ;)

I didn't realize there was a meet coming up. For sure then, resist the temptation. On a platform is the best place for a PR. Where's the meet?

Brooklyn. My hood.

Enjoy yourself. The first is really awesome. Everyone is very supportive and wants to see new lifters succeed. I've got close to 30 meets in and remember the first like yesterday.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options
    Just realized that I never posted on how I did at the meet last weekend. Since I went alone, I didn't get any video, but the state chair was gracious enough to snap a few of me.

z8qo6dvxal4m.jpeg

SQUAT: I blew my last attempt squat not because I didn’t make depth, but because I rocked back on my heels locking knees out.Missed platform PR, but second attempt tied last meet best. 2/3 squat. 1: 402/182.5. 2: 412/187.5. 3: 424/192.5: no good. I think I jinxed myself informing them that it was a PR attempt.

BENCH: First attempt of 275 and the safety pins were too high. Head ref allowed me to come back, but I was like, no let’s get this done, reset the bar. 3/3 bench press. 1: 275.5/125. 2:292/132.5 3: 303/137.5kg USAPL PR. I think I had more in me too. Next time. Also, I didn’t inform them that this was a PR attempt. No jinx!

DEADLIFT: My first attempt of 485/220 I pulled on the bar and said out loud “OH MY GOD WHY IS THIS SO HEAVY!” Many people were laughing. Warming up with all those bumper plates didn’t prepare me for competition plates. 3/3 deadlift. 1: 485/220. 2: 507/230. 3: 512/232.5 kg — ties last meet attempt. Yay!

It was a very good meet, and I didn’t cede any ground from my last meet in February and before all the injuries. I improved the total amount I lifted (by 2.75 kilos) over last meet and maybe even my Wilks — depends on my bodyweight of course.

I await the official score from WI-USAPL. But I think I did improve my Wilks by a few points.

00j5fyt2mai0.jpeg
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    ^ Great job at that meet! Very nice work!
    Options
    ^ Great job at that meet! Very nice work!
    Thanks! Just checked the posted meet results and I added a modest point over last meet.
    edited July 2016
    Options
    So the left quad and left oblique are still strained which is making me regret ever being born, but my bench is better than ever.

255x9.

Exceed rep goal by 1 and I had another in the tank.

I'm less than 4 weeks out from my next meet and then some much needed time off.
  • mrp56839
    mrp56839 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    So the left quad and left oblique are still strained which is making me regret ever being born, but my bench is better than ever.

255x9.

Exceed rep goal by 1 and I had another in the tank.

I'm less than 4 weeks out from my next meet and then some much needed time off.

I love watching you lift. (And I don't mean that in a creepy stalkerish kinda way.)
    edited July 2016
    Options
    mrp56839 wrote: »
    I love watching you lift. (And I don't mean that in a creepy stalkerish kinda way.)

Thank you! Much appreciated!

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I'm working on a blog post for one of my clients. As part of that I'm doing some before/after video footage of her lifts -- thought I'd post one in here since she's getting rather impressively strong IMO.

When we started way back in Sept 2014 her 5rm was 155, almost to parallel. Her last meet she hit 308, here's a vid before/after showing an early form check followed by a triple at 270 from this week.

Also if this is considered spammy that I'm showing client progress, cool -- just let me know and I'll delete it with no hard feelings. This is one of our MFP members, she just doesn't post often.

https://youtu.be/63klUp2bJIs

Whaaaaa?! Can I have 270? I want dat.
  • arditarose
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I matched last weeks AMRAP at 9 reps with 10 lbs added to the bar. 185 this week. I can't tell if my depth is good enough. Some of the reps are a little high.

I weigh anywhere from 136-139 here. Who knows anymore.

P.S. I apologize for all the noise I'm making. Maybe should have muted the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHuFA2AR32w
  • DeadliftsandDonuts
    DeadliftsandDonuts Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I matched last weeks AMRAP at 9 reps with 10 lbs added to the bar. 185 this week. I can't tell if my depth is good enough. Some of the reps are a little high.

I weigh anywhere from 136-139 here. Who knows anymore.

P.S. I apologize for all the noise I'm making. Maybe should have muted the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHuFA2AR32w

Nice work! Your depth looked good to me, you were at least hitting parallel on all reps.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    This thread gives me all the warm and fuzzies.
    I heart so much.

SideSteel- no- no hard feelings with showing off clients who are okay being shown off. I love watching people work.
    (I obviously don't speak for everyone- but that's my opinion)
  • KDar1988
    KDar1988 Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    This thread gives me all the warm and fuzzies.
    I heart so much.

SideSteel- no- no hard feelings with showing off clients who are okay being shown off. I love watching people work.
    (I obviously don't speak for everyone- but that's my opinion)

I agree. I love watching the videos. Inspirational for sure. Helps me work harder so maybe one day I can post a video here!!
  • arditarose
    Options
    @_incogNEATo_ Nice my man!
  • DeadliftsandDonuts
    DeadliftsandDonuts Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Here's my new deadlift rep max from yesterday: 505x7 after 3 doubles.

• _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    @_incogNEATo_ Nice my man!

d'aw! Thanks guh!
    edited July 2016
    Options
    505x7 Wow! @zach_lifts
  • jmule24