Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,329 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

"I live with idiots" part 16: in today's episode neighbor saw me sweeping leaf mess of day and all she could say was "gee, I thought the maintenance men would do that". Not a high priority for her or them. Wet leaves in the dark is not something I am willing to chance.

Okay - editing in my brain quickly - find a food that is a mid- point between what you eat now and what you should eat. For example, pizza with a salad or side of vegetables/ fruit. Eat a smaller portion of "bad food" (fun size snickers was mine today). Dawn - stay away from those cup of noodles - whole day worth of salt in that small cup.....I am still taking my roasted sweet potatoes to work and heating in microwave and eating plain.

Annie - thank your DH for doing something kind. It doesnt happen everyday that you forget your coffee. We are on a long journey not a 100 yard dash. I loved that you were honest and tracked and moved on.

AOTD: Chicken chili no rice - Got my exercise in today and will also be snuggled up with dog after dinner.

Lana how are the treatments going are they easier than the chemo or just a different kind of crazy.

Ding- dinner is waiting and I am hungry.

Wishing all a good evening.

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,838 Member
    Options

Sara - I am doing a different chemo now. So it is a different thing. Not as exhausted and rarely nauseous; instead I have a lot of anxiety, numbness and lack of feeling in my hands and feet. Hard to walk outside because bones in both feet hurt. This is normal and not permanent.
    My real problem is the weight gain--the emotional mayhem (DH leaving-induced mostly), which causes me to go off track and feed myself sugary sweets to feel better. The weight gain is bad for cancer patients.

Listen, I will be out tonight with the Cabana Boys to "shovel" your leaves!

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Lana - not enough leaves for you to have to help - those boys need something to do - I will bring dust pan for them to use...... >:)

One thought - in the course of our day - how often to we stop and take a deep breath?? Too often we breathe high in our chest. I need to start doing this again - stop once an hour (or how often I can) and take a deep breath.

When does DH take his road trip to Vegas - where whatever happens in Vegas stays in Vegas..... if only that were true!!

Getting ready to use my lavender and breathe deeply - snoring soon!
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Sara- I didn't even think about sodium...I am not a salt "adder " so I truly don't think about salt...I know it's in my daily diet...I just don't think about it...I really need to get into a different mindset about food.. what to eat, when to eat...
    I work with idiots... so, I can really relate... it amazes me, the complete lack of commonsense people have..

Lana- my SO is very fond of frozen pizza... as am I, sort of... many times, we do add fresh veggies... although, there is usually extra cheese as well...

Annie- how thoughtful of DH bringing you tea, even if it puts you over in Carbs or Calories.. good for you counting it... hope visit to Chiro went well...

Sleepy....
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    Sara - dustpan it is!

Dawn - I hope you feel better soon

Missy - sending you skinny vibes for tomorrow~~

Lana
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Lana- Thank you... hoping I'm close to the hump and getting ready to head up the hill to feeling better...

Missy - good for you on no sugar..I'm trying to switch to Splenda... it's a start...
    Good luck at meeting tomorrow..I know you'll like the results..

Well, I think I'm gonna call it a night... very probable will have to get up and out early if it snows like they say...

Have a good night
    - Hugs
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Missy it took me awhile but I rarely drink tea/coffee with sugar at work. Home/out to eat sometimes....Take that elephant down piece by piece. Waving wand at your weigh in today......

Dawn, use less sugar and leave substitute sugars alone (unless you are diabetic), I dont trust the side effects and long term use issues.... just consider using less first.

Two days of no rain before the big mess hits. I would consider going shopping before, but I dont drive well at night. We should have today and tomorrow without rain.

Time to go find oatmeal and move in the direction of recliner with dog for a pre dog walk nap.

QOTD: What small thing are you going to do in the interest of your weight loss?

AOTD: WOW, I just thought of the question - answer?? Probably work on relaxation after work, that has become "assumed" but not followed through.

Wave to all who follow

• ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Thursday

Good morning. It's currently -13 degrees. Brr! We may not even make it up to 0 today!

We have one car on the fritz and DS took the spare car to a friend's last night, so DH and I had to share the remaining car today. This means I am stuck at work since he dropped me off and will pick me up tonight. I packed leftover homemade chicken stir fry for lunch. There is some brown rice mixed in and I will avoid it as much as possible. Happy I have a new book to read!

Chiro appt went well. What an adjustment! I don't think my back has ever cracked and popped like that. It felt really good right afterward but by last night I had some discomfort again. Ibuprofen and pain patches on board. Will do some stretching through the day. I know one adjustment will not magically fix it. It's a gradual thing. He also agreed that I should pursue physical therapy and if all goes well, I will start it next Tuesday. I'm excited but scared. There is always the possibility it will make things worse...This only flares up once a year, maybe I should leave it alone? But here's the thing - I do feel limited currently because I will avoid doing things (lifting things that are too heavy, trying to do certain exercises, walking too quickly) for fear of making it flare up. I'm hoping PT will help me strengthen some areas and show me what I CAN do without fear. I need functional fitness. I'm too young and my kids are too young for me to get frail. I want/need to be able to do things with them and I also want to keep traveling, hiking, biking, etc.

AOTD: Get more sleep. I stay up way too late for no good reason. I'm sure I'd feel better and have better focus and ability to stay on track.

Dawn - I am a sugar-fiend. I do allow myself some sugar-free creamer in my coffee but otherwise I am trying to avoid sugar and artificial sweeteners right now. So no goodies or even diet pop for me. It's hard at first but the cravings start to subside fairly quickly. I hope you feel better soon, too!

Lana - Praying peace for your anxiety.

Missy - Good luck with WI.

Sara - Good luck getting your errands done before the weather moves in.

I'd better get some work done. Will BBL!

• LanaCabana537
    Options

Annie - Sleep is so important. If I've had enough rest, I don't go looking for junk food to "give me energy".

AOTD: Sara good question.
    Maybe I should go to the veggie market on 52nd street and then have a cooking spree, so that they are all cooked up and in their little Ziploc containers, so making meals isn't always a chore of steps; just grab and toss and heat. I will try to remember to get a sweet potato--a vegetable foreign to me! LOL

Lana
  • nanpask
    nanpask Posts: 24 Member
    Options
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Good evening,

Trying strategy for weekend storm, may only shop in one store and pay higher prices for the ease..... Yet to be determined - will see how things are Saturday.

Small desk lamp to coworker whose stuff will not get to her for first 2 weeks in new place. Just collecting dust here....dejunking daily.....

Frozen lasagna for dinner. Will be knitting with dog after dinner.

In answer to above quote - nice place to start this year's changes.

Missy - great job!! Very proud of you.

Lana - dont be afraid of the sweet potato / yams they bake very well and taste nothing like the canned ones.......

Wave to all who follow. Under Lana's Tree with Miss Tillie.
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Terrible diet day. Started out strong, went downhill tonight. :( I'll never make progress if I keep this up. I think I'm having a hard time getting my head in the game when we still have another Christmas event this weekend.

Will plan to do better tomorrow.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara- I never thought Splenda to be a bad thing... it's made from real sugar...I used it all the time, when I was on WW before...

Annie - I am too much of a sugar fiend..I can walk away from sweets... most times.. but, so hard not to add to things...I think I am on uphill side of cold... today wasn't as bad as it has been.. even with the craziness of the day... glad Chiro went well for you...I understand your concern... hopefully, you can learn a few tricks to help you...

Missy- Congrats on the WI...I knew it would be good!

Lana - love the sweet potato... it is your friend...
  • arniedog74
    Options
    ASalner wrote: »
    Terrible diet day. Started out strong, went downhill tonight. :( I'll never make progress if I keep this up. I think I'm having a hard time getting my head in the game when we still have another Christmas event this weekend.

Will plan to do better tomorrow.

You can do it! Stay strong! Hugs
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good morning,

TGIF!

Annie - consider yoga type stretch exercises - someone I know uses YouTube - Peggy Cappy has a dvd called 'yoga for the rest of us' which is a good place to start - see if it is on YouTube or your library..... As you have one more party, make plans when they are done.

Dawn - I started taking a measuring spoon to work so that when I am in the break room I measured my sugar/creamer out of those containers. I needed another dairy so I buy a little milk carton now.

If losing weight was easy, we would all be thin. One hurdle leaves and another one pops up - key is to not let the weight win.

"Being overweight is hard - losing weight is hard - chose your hard". "Never stop trying". == my two takeaways from the WW boards. They keep me steady so that while I may have had one or two pieces of chocolate (yesterday it was 4) - it stops me from doubling that number.

Lana - how are you doing? Enough energy to set up Cboys for tonight after work??

Oatmeal is ready. Wave to all who follow. TGIF!!
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    Checking in.
    At cardio doctor in waiting room.

It's Friday!
    Happy hour at 5.
    Zero point cocktails and hors d'oeuvres!

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Am able to have hot chocolate tonight after dinner - but will stop by Lana and enjoy the goodies of all kinds at the Happy Hour. Lana - hope your Cardio apt went well.

Will go out early tomorrow and get all groceries in one place. Sunday is supposed to be the worst of the weekend and not as much rain will accumulate when I go shopping Saturday. Needed to make a better plan for week meal wise so roasted veg to make "pasties"/ eggs with sausage and sweet potato/ fried rice in freezer, wondering about getting chicken..... it is a question mark on my list.

Will stop by after dinner. Hope everyone's day has gone well.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Certain decisions, I never thought I would have to make in my life... this week has been incredibly difficult... absolutely horrible... it is part of my job... but, never, ever will it get easy...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Once by before bed.

Who got the dimming lamp to help with sleep? Have you used it yet??

Dawn - sometimes we have to take the lesser of two evils. Sometimes there just is no choice. If you have not used food tonight to handle this that is a victory in a rotten situation and I will get out the poms poms to cheer you on.

I have had a horrible week at work as well and I made one move to be the positive to contradict the rest- I contacted a couple of people to see about donating the preemie hats I am knitting. Dawn - is there any positive you can do in your week at work to balance out the bad?? Just a thought.

Dog is at my feet, we will be at Lana's Palm Tree- hot cocoa, soft warm slippers and soft blanket to drift off into sleep in. Aroma therapy tonight will be just the ticket --

Wishing all a good evening.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara - I did one positive thing, today... sort of..I helped a young girl with some milk replacement for a very young puppy that she found, all alone in the park... why that puppy was all alone, in the snow and cold, we'll prolly never know... we were unable to take the puppy, due to terrible sickness we have...I only hope she keeps the puppy, or can find a good home...I didn't eat well, but I didn't overeat because of my day... that's a plus, I suppose...

On a better note, I think I am on the tail end of this cold, finally... still a lil stuffy and a bit of a cough...I was really afraid this week was just gonna drag me down and it would linger... so glad I was wrong... one more day and then time to rest... thank goodness

Hope everyone has a good night...
    - Dawn