February Fitness Challenges

Options

Replies

• ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I hear ya!

My PT has me working on endurance for my running. I didn't remember there being sooooo many muscles in my legs. :confounded:

ETA: and they all hurt at the same time...
  • alipsie19
    alipsie19 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    15min Yoga (Balance Video (did ex#7 on my Indo Board))
    -1x 20 sit-ups
    -4x 1:00/side Side plank
    -1x 20 Russian Twist 10lb DB
    -1x 20 Bicycle Crunch
    -1x 20 Crunch
    -2x 1:30 Elbow Plank
    -1x 20 4ct Mountain Climbers
    -1x 20 4ct Jumping Jacks
    -1x 20 Supermans
    -1x 20/side Side Crunches
    -1x 20 Burpees
    -2x 20 Push-ups
    -3x 12 Chin-ups

Feb 1: Done
    Feb 2: Done
    Feb 3: Done
    Feb 4: Zip
    Feb 5: Done
    Feb 6: Done
    Feb 7: Done
    Feb 8: Done
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    ladyreva78 wrote: »
    I hear ya!

My PT has me working on endurance for my running. I didn't remember there being sooooo many muscles in my legs. :confounded:

Ooo, but runner's legs are so sexy . . . so at least there's that!
  • ladyreva78
    Options
    MiamiSeoul wrote: »
    I hear ya!

Ooo, but runner's legs are so sexy . . . so at least there's that!

Hihi... why do you think I only mock-grouch when he gets me started on the drills? :tongue:

I got into running (working on C25K currently even though I manage to go 5k without stopping - need to improve my speed) because I know it's something I can do anywhere with minimal equipment needed. I'm sticking to it because a) it's kinda fun and the forest is beautiful at this time of year - I'll say this no matter what time of year - and b) ever seen a runner with fat thighs? :tongue: I've lost a good 30cm from around my hips since I started; a largish chunk when I first started (debloating me thinks) and the larger rest after I started first walking then running. The proportions are similar on my thighs. Jeans just seem to fit me better and my rear-view has gotten perkier. I'm hoping that losing weight will naturally help improve my running, and in the meantime I'll do the drills and grouch :smiley:
  • Skipper111
    Skipper111 Posts: 392 Member
    Options

Hihi... why do you think I only mock-grouch when he gets me started on the drills? :tongue:

I got into running (working on C25K currently even though I manage to go 5k without stopping - need to improve my speed) because I know it's something I can do anywhere with minimal equipment needed. I'm sticking to it because a) it's kinda fun and the forest is beautiful at this time of year - I'll say this no matter what time of year - and b) ever seen a runner with fat thighs? :tongue: I've lost a good 30cm from around my hips since I started; a largish chunk when I first started (debloating me thinks) and the larger rest after I started first walking then running. The proportions are similar on my thighs. Jeans just seem to fit me better and my rear-view has gotten perkier. I'm hoping that losing weight will naturally help improve my running, and in the meantime I'll do the drills and grouch :smiley:

Amazing effort for doing C25K. You are so right, it is amazing as you don't need any equipment and it's a fab whole body workout for me. I did C25K last year, I had awful cardio and couldn't even run for 3 minutes without needing a rest. After completing C25K I have now gone on to 5210K which I'm pretty sure is trying to kill me...!

Running in the forest sounds amazing, though I'm probably too clumsy and would sprain my ankle, or get mauled by a stray bear :-/
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,607 Member
    Options
    Doing the fab ab, loose lovehandles, rake.
  • ladyreva78
    Options
    Skipper111 wrote: »

Amazing effort for doing C25K. You are so right, it is amazing as you don't need any equipment and it's a fab whole body workout for me. I did C25K last year, I had awful cardio and couldn't even run for 3 minutes without needing a rest. After completing C25K I have now gone on to 5210K which I'm pretty sure is trying to kill me...!

Running in the forest sounds amazing, though I'm probably too clumsy and would sprain my ankle, or get mauled by a stray bear :-/

4 years ago, when I started with my personal trainer, one of the most common things you would hear about me would be along the lines of: "Oh, Reva sprained her ankle again? Did she trip over flat ground for a change?" I was the poster child of clumsy. There wasn't even the shadow of a doubt that I would hurt myself even taking a simple walk through the forest.

For the first two years, we worked on ankle, knee and core stability. The rest was pointless until I had that down. Now, even situation that would have lead to a HUGE swollen ankle just make me shrug. The muscles and ligaments around my ankles and knees are rock solid!

Luckily there's no bears around here... Because that would still apply. Although, wild boars are pretty scary too. I tend to very slowly move in the opposite direction when I encounter one of those. :cold_sweat:
  • ladyreva78
    Options
    Day 1: DONE (10x 10 sec planks + 10x 1 push-up if you squint it was a push up)
    Day 2: DONE (1x 60sec side plank + 10x 1 push-up)
    Day 3: DONE (1x 60sec side plank + 10x 1 push-up)
    Day 4: DONE (2x 30sec side planks + 10x 1 push-up)
    Day 5: REST
    Day 6: DONE (2x30sec side planks + 5 x 2 push-ups)
    Day 7: DONE (2×10sec planks on fitness ball + 5x2 push-ups + 1hour personal training)
    Day 8: DONE (2x 30sec mountaineer + 10x1 push-up... still feeling dead from yesterday and face planting is sooooo elegant)

• Skipper111
    Options
    Day 9 of love handles, fab abs and Rake challenge ✔️
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options
    Day 9 done...threw in some lower abs exercises too for extra credit!! Lol. Happy Friday Eve!
  • Skipper111
    Options
    Day 9 done...threw in some lower abs exercises too for extra credit!! Lol. Happy Friday Eve!

You Crazy Chic! You add to this thing??? I am just grateful for every day I survive this monstrous challenge ;-)
  • Skipper111
    Options
    That's amazing effort! Love that you do yoga aswell, I REALLY need to try that out.

I do running or cycling in the evening but this Challenge is definitely all I can manage on a morning ;-) :-p
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Thanks! I am trying to get more well rounded over time. I am trying to start incorporating more strength training, but I don't quite have that down yet. Trying to figure out what to do is hard. I'm wanting a 3 day split so that I can do it Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, but the one I've tried so far I'm not too fond of. :( Will have to try to find another one and try that. It's sad, but I need some kind of direction or plan and can't just make myself do it on my own. Lol
  • ladyreva78
    Options
    Thanks! I am trying to get more well rounded over time. I am trying to start incorporating more strength training, but I don't quite have that down yet. Trying to figure out what to do is hard. I'm wanting a 3 day split so that I can do it Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, but the one I've tried so far I'm not too fond of. :( Will have to try to find another one and try that. It's sad, but I need some kind of direction or plan and can't just make myself do it on my own. Lol

How about something like Strong Curves or New Rules of Lifting for Women? There's a lot more listed in this thread and if you don't find something suitable for you, the lovely people looking after the thread might be able to recommend something else.

I'm currently lucky that I have a personal trainer that worries about that and I just follow what he tells me. Without I'd be lost as I also need a program. It's going to be hard coming June when I lose access to the gym and the trainer...
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Thanks @ladyreva78! I will definitely have to check those out. I would love to get a personal trainer for a bit just to get some assistance with this. Our gym is unattended so don't have that option. :(
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,607 Member
    Options
    9 days down, I can already see some results, wore a shirt the other day I wasn't able to wear 3 mo. Ago.
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    stella7x7 wrote: »
    9 days down, I can already see some results, wore a shirt the other day I wasn't able to wear 3 mo. Ago.

Woohoo! Congrats! That is so motivating when you are seeing results like that!! Awesome job!
  • Skipper111
    Options
    stella7x7 wrote: »

Amazing effort! You can beat the feeling when you start to see the results of all your hard work!
  • alipsie19
    alipsie19 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Feb 1: Done
    Feb 2: Done
    Feb 3: Done
    Feb 4: Zip
    Feb 5: Done
    Feb 6: Done
    Feb 7: Done
    Feb 8: Done
    Feb 9: Rest Day