Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, another long work day and I didn't have the energy to do my BB workout. I worked from home until 7-10 to avoid the slippery roads and slow traffic. I took 1/2 hour this morning to do a Jessica Smith cardio workout called Turkey Trot. I got to work at 11 and was there until almost 7 PM.

Erika, great job getting your workout in! I'm in Sudbury, MA which is MetroWest. I heard Boston got a lot less snow than we did.
    The hair compliments were totally unexpected. I was being so self-conscious and was expecting someone to tell me I had orange hair. So it was very nice.
    BTW, on the Body Beast pace, I agree that it is too fast but this time around it occurred to me that I wasn't able to up my weights because of the fast pace. So what I did is watch until the moment he shows the move he is doing next and then I hit the pause button. I sometimes pause until I finish all the reps for a given set and then I fast forward.

Laurie, nice workouts! Thanks for introducing me to Jessica Smith! I agree about her relaxing pace and I totally adore Peanut! LOL
    I was working all that time except for the 1/2 hour I did the Jessica workout. It was a productive time for sure. When I'm at work I'm in meetings or getting interrupted by my team members who may have questions so it's hard to focus. The reason why I stay late is cause I get to do my tasks after people go home.

Laurel, congrats on upping your weights again! Great combo!! I am so not ready for next week. I only printed the KCM workout sheets for upper and lower body. I'll work on it on Saturday. I will do the longer workouts at the beginning of the week and the shorter ones at the end of the week because I'm too tired for the longer/harder workouts.

DH didn't shovel all that snow but there are areas that he can't get with the blower. We have a huge house which has a farmers porch and different roof levels and he goes around the house raking all those roofs with this super long rake. THAT has got to be very hard. So he does both driveways, then the roofs and he shovels what is needed as he goes. Then he sweeps the farmer's porch and the two sets of stairs, sprinkles ice melting stuff so I don't kill myself, cleans both cars. He is so good to me! This time wasn't as heavy as last week's because it got cold as the day went on so the moisture wasn't there. I bet the first time he shoveled it was heavy though.
    Your in-laws are in NH right? They've been getting slammed too. I bet the ski places are making a fortune!

Tami, great workouts and nice job surviving Katy's killer workout! Nice weather! I bet Bernie enjoyed the walk! Do you take him out for walks every day even in the winter? I think that if I had a dog I would train him/her to walk on the treadmill!

We've been getting slammed with all this snow. At least it is at the time of the year when it melts quickly. We already had some melting today. I have to admit that I'm not sick of the snow because I don't have to deal with it but I DH is sick of it.
    I need to retire in order to do all the workouts I'd like to do during the day!
    I will probably start with RWH too because those are the longer workouts I'll be doing. The KCM workouts are 1/2 hour long so that is perfect for me.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

After work I did a 30 Min. Stretch with Jessica, this really felt great. This morning was Jillian's Killer Cardio and KCM Build & Burn Kickboxing Premix. That was a good combo.

Laurel, Nice workouts! You are getting some great use out of the new spin bike, and you have something to look forward to with all those live workouts. ;) I find it interesting how the shift in the weather starts up that dreaded sinus headache. Not fun. I'm glad to hear that you had a nice day, and that the melting process has started. That is exactly what I felt with my sister also, she is taking control of her workouts. I love that I'm still part of the process, but I know that she is able to understand what her body can and can't handle.

Tami, Great job on your workouts, and taking advantage of taking Bernie for a walk on such a nice day. I got home from work yesterday, and my DH had already taken Rocket for a walk. He usually isn't home that early. I did my cardio day today, and it really did feel great. We will see if I can get something done after work. We are having our March Madness day today, so I'm not sure when I will be heading home. It is always fun to have a beer with the guys, and enjoy watching the games. Have you filled out your bracket this year? I finished mine up yesterday.

Thelma, Sorry to hear that you where so busy again, but glad to hear that you got in a Jessica workout again. I kind of figured that you would get way more accomplished at home vs. work. Our office is like the hive of the building, people are constantly walking in and out of here. I have developed the habit of tuning all the noise out, otherwise I would get nothing done. It is way different when you have people need questions answered though. ;)

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,778 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was fun. I started with ICE Rock’m Sock’m with the Blizzard Blast then went into Cathe Live Cardio Boxing and Plyo Legs. All together it was 90 minutes, and the amount of leg work was just right for today. My legs are a little tired from yesterday’s spin. :)

Tami, I am SO glad your DH was able to see a doctor and get diagnosed properly. Hopefully the improved meds and rest will take care of it. I know it took my DH a few days to feel better after being diagnosed, but after that it was a rapid improvement. So fingers crossed your DH has a similar experience. Great workouts, as always! Bet the walk with Bernie felt nice at 62 degrees. Spring is coming, that’s for sure.

Thelma, great workout. I am glad you were able to adjust your work schedule to keep you off the roads during the worst times. Sounds like your DH has his work cut out for him when it snows! That’s interesting about the roof. Our roof needs to be replaced and, of course, they didn’t get to it before it snowed. So yesterday they called DH and said they were going to come knock the snow off. I was like ‘and where are they going to put it?’ We have about 2 1/2 feet of snow on the ground and snow at least a foot deep all across the roof. So I wanted to know if we were going to be able to get out of the house! Well, they drove up, took one look at the house and said ‘nope!’ They said it was cost $400 just for them to set up for clearing the roof! Our landlords would never agree to that. So we wait.....and hope the roof holds through the melting process. :|

Laurie, great workouts! I am surprised how much I am enjoying the spin bike, to be honest. It gives me a much more intense workout than I can do anymore without equipment. I feel like I’ve added some longevity to my intensity addiction! :D But, yes, I could do without the sinus headache. Today it is much better....so far.

Erika, hope you are doing well.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Quick check in before I leave for the day .... still need to do a few things here at work.
    So this a.m. was BUILD Shoulders, last workout with Sagi for a while. :( it's been great! But onto our next chapter. No workout tonight.

DH has been sleeping a ton so hopefully when I get home tonight he can say he actually feels a little better. We will see. Fingers crossed; today was the day the doctor told him he would probably notice.

Great workouts ladies!!

I will have more time tomorrow to check in (I think) :)

Tami

• 2BLean
    Options
    lvnascar wrote: »
    Have you filled out your bracket this year? I finished mine up yesterday.
    Laurie

Laurie - I did fill out a bracket the other night under the pressure of DH to get it done. I have VA winning the whole thing. Our local Gonzaga Bulldogs I have in the final four .... hope they do better than today. They won but barely. Always fun to watch the games. Who do you have winning?

Tami

• ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, Another busy, long day at work but I managed to get a little workout in XT C/B/S W/U, BB Build Back & Bi's, Treadmill, Stretch. I didn't do the entire BB workout but it was better than nothing.
    I was able to complete two huge tasks that were stressing me out this week. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

Laurie, great combo!!
    People asking questions and at least 4 hours worth of meetings a day most days. I've gotten better at blocking the noise given our sardine-like setup.
    I'll be making lasagna roll-ups on Saturday and these garlic knots. Gina makes these bagels with yogurt and the dough is used for these Italian like knots. I'm not a baker so it will probably be a disaster BUT our new convection/toaster/air fryer combo appliance arrived today. We've never used a convection oven so it will be a learning process.

Remember the buffalo chicken I made and DH didn't like? He doctored it up with BBQ sauce and ate it! LOL. I'm making the chicken again this weekend cause it was awesome cold in a salad!

Laurel, fabulous combo!!

OMG with that snow on your roof! That is so dangerous! You might want to invest in a roof rake, but then you'll have to worry about where to put it. We have one like this but the handle may be longer as our house is pretty tall. He has added extra length from a rake that broke. LOL
    Link: http://a.co/23lu4wE

DH does have his work cut out for him when it snows. That's the reason why he has to do it in stages.
    Are you feeling now like you'll need a snow blower for next season? I hope that roof holds through the melting process too.

Funny
    https://youtu.be/j-kGQtuv6zw

Hi Tami!!!

Hi Erika!!

Have a wonderful weekend ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Had a good time at the March Madness after work with the guys, because that's all I work with. :D I really do love working with them. I did manage to get in Build & Burn Kettle Bell Kickbox Fusion. This morning was the last workout in BBC with Full Body.

Laurel, Awesome job on your workouts! Nice that the spinning is giving you a different intensity, it will probably make some of those other cardio workouts easier. I know that you are a knitter, so you will probably have some fun with this. I'm part of a knitting group on facebook, and the lady Marly Bird has created crochet and knitting patterns, and she is calling it the tournament of stitches for the March Madness. Well in each you can create a shawl or a cowl, and they give you 4 different levels for each. The clues will be given out for the next four weeks. So I decided to do knit the shawl, and the first clue I chose was smooth jazz. Here is a pic.qr91r44nlv1j.jpg

Tami, Great job on the workout! I hope that your DH is feel way better, and that the medication has kicked in to help. I picked UVA to win also, so this should be fun to watch. When we where at B3W's yesterday, the whole place erupted with cheers when the Loyola team won. I think we all had them in our brackets. :D I don't remember where I place Gonzaga, but I do have them going pretty far.

Thelma, Nice job on your workouts, and at least you got some of the workout in. ;) Great job on ticking off another thing off your list, that has to feel great. I love the packed in like sardines, that is the way we are also. I love that your DH add the BBQ sauce, I should probably suggest that to my DH when I want to have buffalo chicken. :D What a great idea for your salads, that should be a good meal prep for the week.

Have a great weekend everyone!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout started with a total body strength workout from Cathe Live called Pump Party. This one was filmed in December, and it was a great workout. It was similar in pattern to Power Hour but I liked it better to be honest. I think it was because she didn’t over-rep it like she did in that workout. But it was still pretty tough. For cardio, I reached for an oldie.....Cathe’s original Interval Max workout. So dated....but still so good. :)

Thelma, great job getting your workout in despite the long day....and week. Yay on the work projects!! Hopefully you can take a few deep breaths for a little while now. I laughed at that video! That was so me a couple of weeks ago!! Well, if truth be told, I still feel that way. ;) My MIL had back surgery so my FIL called last evening to let us know how she was doing. DH wasn’t home yet, but I told my FIL (in Florida) that I would tell him he called, and my FIL joked ‘So, you’re still talking to him?’ Made me laugh. Thank you for the link on the roof rake. Right now I am so annoyed at our landlords for not fixing the roof last summer when they knew it had to be replaced that I am in a stubborn mindset about doing anything that will help them. :# Not a good attitude......I know. After all, if the roof leaks, our stuff could get damaged, and I should focus more on that I suppose. Anyhow, I am determined to make it through next winter with just a snow shovel again. I think it will be our last winter here, and I hate to invest in a blower and then move someplace like Alabama! But ask me again in November when I am standing in Lowe’s with a sore back and arms begging for the last machine. :D

Laurie, glad you enjoyed your March Madness party. And great job getting in a workout too! I absolutely love that shawl! The color is beautiful! The idea of a March Madness knitting competition is so good. This is one of those months that seems to go on forever, so something like that would definitely break up the monotony. I was going strong with the crochet until the hot flashes kicked in so bad. It is no fun making a nice blanket and breaking into a sweat every time you pick it up. :o But, no doubt, I will get back to it soon.

Tami, hope your DH is feeling better.

Enjoy the weekend!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Still steady busy today but not like yesterday! No workout last night and I am happy to report that DH noticed a big difference yesterday in how he felt! Thank goodness. So fingers crossed today is the same. This a.m. was PHA Training and tonight I am headed to Spinning. My girlfriend (with the 3-yr old) is going to be there so it will be fun to see her.

Thelma: Great job getting in the workout in the time frame you had left after a busy long day! Way to go. Always good when you can get those kinds of projects out of the way and breathe in deeply. Congrats on that.

Laurie: I think it’s great you enjoy the March Madness and getting in your bracket, beers, etc. with all the guys from work! Very fun. That’s awesome we both picked UVA! My DH picked a couple brackets for me (while on his meds) and they aren’t doing well. But the one I picked is so far hanging in there, still early. Yay for picking Gonzaga.

Laurel: Fabulous job on your workouts! Pump Party sounds amazing as well, way to go. Very frustrating on your lack of interest by the landlords. I would probably be feeling the exact same way, along with but if I don’t keep up on it we could have a leak . . . frustrating.

Have a great weekend ladies ~ hope to get outside some. The weather is supposed to be pretty good.

Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a great weekend. On Friday I did Fit Tower Legs & Abs, Treadmill, Stretching, Jessica Smith Belly, Buns & Thighs, JS Post Workout Stretch, and tonight Fit Tower Legs & Abs, Treadmill, Stretching and tonight Fit Tower Legs & Abs, Treadmill, Stretching. I really enjoyed the chiseled

I made a couple of new dishes this weekend and we loved everything. I feel like I spent the entire weekend in the kitchen.
    Spinach Lasagna Rolls. These were really tasty. Some people said they were bland so I added lots of Italian herb seasoning, pepper, and a little more salt.
    https://www.skinnytaste.com/spinach-lasagna-rolls/

I paired the lasagna rolls with garlic knots but my dough was a little dry so I made sticks! This was my first time making any kind of bread. They were good. I made them in our new air fryer. BTW, this same recipe doubles as bagels and pizza dough. I'm making the bagels next!
    https://www.skinnytaste.com/easy-garlic-knots/

Laurie, glad you had fun with the guys you work with! Great workouts too!
    That knitting group sounds like fun! Your shawl looks great! I wish I could knit!
    If you want to make that buffalo chicken recipe make the chicken per the recipe, shred it, split your portion and your husband's. Add hot sauce to yours and bbq to your husband's.

Laurel, fabulous combo on Friday! I knew you would love that video! LOL. Funny about your FIL asking you if you were speaking to your DH yet!!! I'm sure you can totally relate to that woman in the video.
    I was wondering how much longer you were planning on staying in Alaska.I'm sure you will love the hot Alabama weather. We could be neighbors someday! I still can't believe you chose to shovel all that snow! You're a brave woman Laurel!
    I thought I was going to be able to have an easier week at work, but I've been given 2 more employees. Now I have to train them and they're not the easiest to train, and one needs babysitting. YIKES!

Tami, great job getting those workouts in given your busy schedule! So glad to hear your DH is feeling better. I hope you had fun with your girlfriend and her daughter!

Hi Erika!

Good night ladies! I hope you have a wonderful week!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Got my stretching workout in on Saturday with Jessica, and I don't remember which one I did. That is so sad. I didn't workout yesterday, was doing to much running around. So this morning I started out the week with KCM RAW Kettlebell-Dumbbell Fusion and Upper Body Finisher Arms & Shoulders. This was a great way to start out the upper/lower phase. Our youngest has her 21st birthday today, so we will be taking the family out for dinner tonight. <3

Laurel, Sounds like some really great workouts. Isn't Cathe a Les Mills Pump instructor? I think I remember something about that. She can't create DVD's like them, but I know that hers are similar. The only Imax workout that I used to enjoy, I don't think that I have that one on DVD though. I'm having a lot of fun with my knitting right now, and have started a scarf for youngest dd in crochet too. I'm a little rusty with the crochet, but it is coming back to me. I picked up some yarn with colors that she can wear to work. She can only wear black, magenta or orange. Those are the colors of Ulta's Salon. Hope your MIL recovers quickly from the back surgery. Those landlords really don't care about their property. One would think if they ever want to sell the place, you would want to make sure that it is kept up.

Tami, Glad to hear that your DH is on the mend. Great job with the PHA workout, and I hope your spin class was a fun one. I'm sure it is better to have a friend enduring the torture with you. Guess everyone's bracket in our department is toast, well except for one person. He went to Kansas, so he has them winning. Saturday and Sunday where horrible for me.

Thelma, Awesome job with your workouts, looks like you got in some good Jessica workouts. I will have to check them out. I know that she posted a new workout recently. I have made those lasagna rolls before, and they where so much easier than making lasagna. At least I thought so. My DH loved them. I will have to check out the other recipe, I love making bread. That is a good idea for the chicken, that way we both get the flavors that we enjoy. I have found that the knitting is very relaxing for my evenings.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! We had another quiet weekend this weekend, but that’s okay. Got some housework done, some shopping, some reading, some cooking, etc. So nothing extraordinary but lots of chores done always makes for a better week. :) For workouts, Saturday I did Kari Anderson’s Angles, Lines and Curves. Sunday I started Lower/Upper month with Pyramid Lower Body. This one usually gives me some serious DOMS but I feel nothing today! Think I will be upping that weight next week. Sagi’s leg workouts work! Anyhow, for cardio, I started with X10 Fat Burning into Cathe Live Cardio Band Blast with Weights. Today was Pyramid Upper Body, and on this one I did take the weights way up. Yowza! My arms were quivering trying to hold those planks on the stability ball at the end! For cardio, I started with Cathe Live Cross Fire Quick Fix then went into Tabatacise. Another Yowza!! I think today I must be punishing myself for some bad eating choices this weekend. :D

Tami, hope your DH improved more over the weekend. So happy he saw signs of improvement by Friday. Hope you enjoyed the spin class with your friend. I can’t believe her little one is three! I was thinking about both you and Laurie and your March Madness Brackets when Virginia lost this weekend. Seems like most people I know have already ripped up their bracket sheets! Could make for an interesting series, though.

Thelma, great workouts! Love the look of those lasagna roll-ups. Another recipe saved for me! I make a spinach lasagna with similar ingredients, and I find the sauce to be key. Unfortunately, I always make my sauce based on my whims that day, so I never know what I am going to get. :o But I like the idea of roll-ups because it helps with portion control. Trust me, Thelma, I have thought about contacting you more than once for your ideas/recommendations on retiring to North Carolina, so we may end up neighbors for serious! DH and I have been looking at the Virginia, NC, Tennessee area for awhile now for possible retirement. So you will probably hear from me some day on that! But, for now, I think we will be here at least through summer 2019.....and it may be into 2020. But our goal right now is to leave at the first sign of snow 2019.....if DH can find another job.

Laurie, great workouts! I can’t believe your DD is 21! Bet you can’t either. :) I hope you have a great evening with her. I have never heard that Cathe is a Les Mills Pump instructor, but it wouldn’t surprise me if she were. She seems to have a few fitness partnerships out there. Like I said to Tami, I don’t think you are alone in the March Madness situations. Lots of upsets! My frustration with our rental home was complete when we had a walk-through with the Property Manager in October, and I was showing her all the things we had repaired. And she let me know most of the damage had actually been done not by previous tenants.....but by the owners themselves. That’s why the property manager never fixed them. Sadly, we have looked at other rentals up here, and they aren’t any better. But I know the landlords have insurance, so if the roof falls off and our stuff gets damaged......it will be up to them to pay. Horrible attitude, I know. But I literally cannot fathom having that little interest or pride in your property. I guess I am just not built that way.

Erika, hope you had a good weekend.

See you tomorrow!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Happy Monday! Weekend was good, very quiet but good. I met my BFF for lunch on Saturday after my workout and it felt great to get out of the house forsure. Lots of basketball watching too. Eventhough I had Virginia picked, DH had picked an "under dog' or "long shot" bracket for me with Duke Winning. So one of my brackets is still in the running. LOL What amazing upsets everywhere.

Workouts were good. Friday evening was a great class, my girlfriend didn’t show up; she text me that it was “a day” and she was bailing so I didn’t get to see her. It was a good class, slower pace with a “fat burning” ride Katy said. Saturday I did AFTERBURN followed by a 20 minute Jessica Total Body Stretch. Yesterday was Pyramid Lower Body and tonight will be BootCamp and Pyramid Upper tomorrow a.m.

DH has shown a little improvement but still exhausted and wants to sleep all the time. He is out and about today so we will see how he does. He is hoping it will help get him going in the right direction. He doesn't have the energy to push it so I didn't tell him not too. Poor guy.

Thelma: Way to get your workouts done! Happy to hear your recipes turned out as well.

Laurie: Way to start out the new segment of our rotation strong and a great workout! Have fun tonight with your DD. So amazing. My DH has Kansas in a bracket he picked so maybe Kansas or Duke can win and we will at least be in the money.

Laurel: Amazing workouts as always! Thank you for the well wishes on DH. A little better, I think it is just going to take time to get back to 100%. Bad deal with pneumonia forsure. WOW, leaving AK in 2019 I am sure won’t break your heart.
    Fabulous workouts ladies ~ sorry this is so short. I will have more time tomorrow I think. :)

Have a great afternoon/evening! Tami

• ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, tonight I did ICE Chiseled Lower Body. I went heavier than Cathe on all exercises. Great workout. I just noticed that I made a cut and paste mistake on last night's post. On Sunday I did Chiseled Upper body. I loved how my back felt after that upper body workout.
    I was surprised at how much my body seems to be welcoming these totally different workouts given I've been doing strength training 95% of the time for a while.
    I planned my rotation to do the harder (for me) and, longer workouts during the first half of the week when I have more energy.

We are going to get hit with another nor'easter on Wednesday!! OMG! I have a planned work from home day tomorrow but it's looking like I'll be working from home on Wed too!

Laurie, great workouts! Happy 21st bday to your DD!! The JS workouts I did on Saturday are not new because I've done them in the past. They are really good though.
    I agree that it is easier to make the lasagna rolls than a lasagna. I liked that it was a vegetarian recipe. DH loved them too. You should try Gina's bagel/garlic knots/pizza recipe. People claim the bagels are amazing and only 3 Weight Watchers points. I'm sure knitting is relaxing. It would not be relaxing here with a cat that finds toy potential on everything! LOL

Laurel, amazing workouts! WOW!!! Great job!
    The marinara sauce I bought is really good. I just don't have time to make my own sauce. I highly recommend those lasagna rolls!
    I had started to look at VA properties for a while but we seem to have fallen in love with a home-style very typical to the Blue Ridge area in GA. Prow front, mountain views, multi-level decks. Something like this:
    https://www.blueridgehomesandland.com/homes/ga/ellijay/negamlsresad275192/193-summit-pass-ellijay-ga-30540

Laurel, it would be awesome if we became neighbors in the future! We are going to spend a week in Blue Ridge, GA in May. We actually rented a house similar to the one above for just the two of us, simply because we want to experience living in a house like the ones we dream of. I'm sure you'd prefer to leave AK in 2019 rather than waiting till 2020! If your DH finds a job he has to help mine find one! Please!!!!!
    I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have but I think we are mostly dreaming of mountain views and lots of windows! LOL. I was looking at the TN mountain area but the house styles there are not what we want. DH doesn't want to go there. It really seems that for us it will be either NC or GA.

Tami, glad you had a nice, quiet weekend!
    Yikes on your poor husband's lack of energy! It sounds like he is on the road to recovery though.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Had a really nice time at dinner with the girls and their guys. ;) This morning my workouts where KCM RAW Cardio Crush and Core Moves.

Laurel, Glad to hear that you had a good productive weekend. Awesome job with all the workouts! Very interesting that you need to take the weight up in the pyramid workout. Guess Sagi really worked those legs good. I had that same arm experience this morning with the core moves workout. Holding those planks and doing pikes really make those arms tired after doing an upper body workout the day before. It is very hard to believe that my youngest is now 21. Her sister and cousins are taking her out this coming weekend for her birthday, so she should be really tired and probably hung over on Sunday. :/ Guess we are all young and foolish in our lives. The best time I'm going to have during this March Madness is getting my shawl finished. :D That is very sad about the owners of the property, they really shouldn't be owning property at all. ;)

Tami, I hope that your new bracket turns out well for you. I only did the one, so I'm really out of it completely. I'm okay with that, it is just fun talking about it in the office when Friday rolls around. Great job with your workouts, and I'm glad that you all are doing the Pyramid workouts and not me. Those step ups are torture! :D It will take a while for your DH to recover, so glad to hear he isn't pushing it. I really don't know who to root for in the tournament. I just hope that the final game is an exciting one. That is one of the reasons that I love watching these games.

Thelma, Love your workouts, I was looking at incorporating those in some way during this 4 week segment. There are so many good upper/lower workouts to chose from that it can get hard to determine which one to do. :D So sorry to hear that you are going to go through another storm, it must be the year for the weather stream to be hitting your just right. We have snow in the forecast for Saturday. It has been cold, but quiet around here. When I try out the bread recipe I will let you know how it went with the family. LOL on the cats using the yarn as toys, that is a valid reason not to try that type of project. ;)

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I started today with RWH LIHI Legs, which is still one of my favorite lower body workouts. For cardio, I did another Cathe Live Spin from 2014, this one called Cycle Fit Live. Loved it! Tough and sweaty.....always a good combination on yet another dreary day.

Tami, great workouts! I am sorry your DH is still not doing great, but since he had has the infection for awhile (before diagnosis), it could take awhile to get his energy back. I just hope he doesn’t push it too hard out of frustration....because he has to be frustrated by now. Poor guy is probably wondering what he did to 2018 to deserve this. I did get a chuckle yesterday when you said he did a bracket for you on his meds. Is that the one still in the running? Maybe that’s the key for picking this year’s winner. ;)

Thelma, I keep reading about the next storm headed your way. Stay safe! I feel almost guilty because you are having all this snow because it is silly warm in the Arctic! Believe me, I would opt for the cold and clear skies.....and for you to see spring.....over the pattern we are both in right now. Thanks for the link on Georgia housing. You and I have almost identical tastes in houses. We, too, just want some space, some hills and lots and lots of windows. Of all the places we lived, my favorite climate-wise was Virginia because it had four distinct seasons. But I think Virginia taxes would kill us. So that is why we are looking for into NC right now. But we have also considered north Georgia. I will be anxious to hear your feedback after your trip. DH and I are toying at trying to go somewhere in September to look around. But we can’t seem to make up our minds on anything at the moment. :) Anyhow, great workouts!

Laurie, glad you had a nice time with your family. Oh, yes, I remember turning 21 well. Thankfully, though, most of my ‘stupid’ days were over by then. I guess that’s what happens when you attend a pretty infamous ‘party school’ for college. B) But I hope she has a fun time. Great workout today.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Interesting BC class last night. She called it her “4-Leaf Clover” Workout. So 4 drills repeated over and over until time was out. 2 minutes of Box Jumps with Burpees, 2 minutes of Squat-Clean-to-Press, 2 minutes of Speed Sit-ups and 2 Minutes of Heavy KB Swings …. Rest 2 minutes and repeat. Can you tell she LOVES Burpees?
    This a.m. was Pyramid Upper Body. Deciding still on tonight’s workout.

Thelma: Sorry to hear you may have another storm headed your way tomorrow. YIKES. What a month of winter weather for you guys. Great job getting in your ICE Lower Body. Love to hear that your body is liking the format of the workouts, always a great thing when you can actually feel the difference.
    It is definitely a bummer for him as well on feeling SO tired. His sleep pattern is all messed up as well; he keeps trying to stay up hoping he can sleep through the night but wakes up a lot he said. My fingers are crossed we can attempt a “date night” out by this weekend … it’s our 22 Year Anniversary on Friday, but we will see. I don’t want him to just “go to go out to dinner” because of that.

Laurie: So great you had a nice dinner out with their guys! Excellent job with your KCM workout this a.m. Thanks for the well wishes on my “new & improved” bracket I thought was going to be a loser in the beginning …. LOL DH figured out between my bracket, his and my step son’s bracket; we all still have a chance with different winners. So that is fun. No matter what I would love to see Gonzaga make it to the end again this year but not sure if they can. Fun to watch though.

Laurel: Fabulous job with your workouts!! I am going to be incorporating RWH as well, love that series. Yes, the bracket he picked while "under the influence" of strong cough syrup and heavy antibiotics is one that I have in the running now .... with Duke winning. LOL I am positive he is wondering what in the world he did wrong to have back-to-back things happen to him this year. Makes him feel OLD he said. He is going back to the Dr. this afternoon to get checked out again . . . . “just in case” he said he wants to be over cautious at this point than under cautious and get the “why didn’t you come in” lecture.

Hi Erika

Have a great afternoon ladies ~ Talk to you tomorrow, Tami
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday, where have the days gone!?

Lots of fun workouts over the weekend and the last 2 days. I'm doing one of Cathe's monthly rotations and it is pulling in a lot of fun workouts for me. Yesterday was Crossfire and today was Lift It Hiit It Shoulders, Tri's and Chest. Loving what these Cathe workouts are doing for me. I will say, I never quite get the same results in my body with Beachbody workouts as I do with Cathe. Everytime I come back, I see huge gains in a short amount of time! :) Heading out shortly for a night with my girlfriends, which I'm super excited about. We all worked together nearly 20 years ago and we still get together several times a year...so much fun!

Tami, Oh my, I am so glad your hubby got in. Trust me, being hospitalized is not fun. It happened to both my hubby and Dad, and let's just say it was the scariest thing I've ever been through. Both ended up nearly a week in the ICU trying to fight the pneumonia. Hopefully he's already starting to feel better! Nice workouts and taking the opportunity to walk Bernie and enjoy the weather. It's snowing here today, so I'm jealous of warmer weather!

Laurel, I'd love to try Cathe's spinning workouts...I need a spin bike first though! I just love her variety and the Live workouts just sound wonderful. I'm sure I'll jump on board with those soon!

Laurie, Yes I love Jessica's style and Peanut is so fun to watch throughout the workouts too. I haven't checked to see if she has any new DVD's out. I bought the last set a couple years ago and haven't checked since. I need to get on that!

Thelma, I hope you are well! We had a team call this morning and the team in Boston said something about another snowstorm coming...I hope they were wrong!

Have a great evening!

Erika

• ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, because I worked from home I decided to do a little cardio with Jessica Smith. I was dragging all day so I chose a 15-minute workout. OMG!!! I chose the most boring workout EVER! She talked the entire time and never got beyond 1st speed. It was slooooowwwwww. I just kept hoping it would speed up but it never happened so I had to take matters into my own hands and feet! I just started jumping and moving around.
    For future reference don't do the workout called 1-Mile Walk n' Talk: Busyness vs Happiness, Walk at home, Motivation.
    I was not motivated. I started the workout with 1% motivation and finished with -1% motivation. It was horrible! OK so the name says Walk n' Talk but she did not stop talking! It was so boring that even Peanut took off!

In the evening I dragged myself to the basement and did one of my new KCM workouts: Split Sessions Upper Body workout. It was really good. she goes fast and packs a lot into the 33-minute workout. I loved how she incorporated standing ab work.
    The snowfall has been downgraded where I live but not where I work. I am still working from home tomorrow because I don't want to be stuck in traffic on my way home.

Laurie, glad you had fun last night with your girls and their guys! Great job getting that workout in this morning!
    those ICE Chiseled workouts are really good! My cat would go for the hook! I bet your family will love that bread. Try making the bagels!

Laurel, another amazing combo! Great job! I can't believe that we're having more wintery weather than you are!
    That Georgia housing link is for the realtor we used last year when we went to Blue Ridge and Ellijay for the day. I'd forgotten that we have identical tastes in houses! the thing we love about those GA mountain homes are the multi-level covered decks. They call them party decks. Some have fireplaces and DH loves that idea. Having 4 seasons is the reason why we looked into NC and now northern GA. it's a little warmer there than NC but not by much.
    We may go somewhere in September too. Not sure if NC or GA. We definitely are in the 'explore retirement locations' mode.

Tami, '4-Leaf Clover'. That's a very innocent name for another killer workout! She definitely sounds like she likes those burpees. Great job with your workouts!

It's been a crazy, snowy month for sure! I was pleasantly surprised at how my body liked the workout style switch.
    I hope your DH continues to improve with each passing second so he feels up to celebrate your anniversary on Friday! Happy anniversary!

Hi Erika! Great workouts! Glad you're loving your new rotation and most importantly, the results!
    Have a wonderful time with your girlfriends! Amazing that you're still in touch after 20 years!

Your Boston team was telling you the truth. This will be the 4th nor'easter this month!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

After work yesterday I got in a Jessica Smith workout, but unlike Thelma's experience this one was not boring. I did a 30 Min. HiiT workout. This morning I did KCM's RAW Weight Circuits and ICE Chiseled Lower Body (Thelma inspired me on this one ;) ).

Laurel, Your workout combo sounds really good, and of course doing a workout that you love is always a bonus. I have to remember to incorporate the elliptical more often in my workouts, it really works the legs good. When we where younger we could start our stupidness at 18, so by 21 we got most of that out of our system. :D She came home with a cold yesterday, so I don't know how much she will be in the mood to party.

Tami, Interesting BC class, and yes she really does like burpees. Maybe that is why I tend to workout with Kelly, she has said that she doesn't like burpees. :D Nice job with the Pyramid workout also. That is funny that your DH created the cinderella bracket, I'm sure that will be fun to watch. I think some of these teams have gotten a little scared at these lower teams, so hopefully they will step up their games this next weekend. I will be rooting for Gonzaga, since my bracket is toast.

Erika, Glad to hear that you are enjoying your Cathe workouts, and that they work so well for you. This morning was the first Cathe workout I have done in a while. I think the last one was PHA Training. I'm having a want to do Cathe, Kelly, Chris Freytag, Jillian and Jessica. They all have something that I tend to love in their workouts. She created a Walk Strong 3, that is suppose to be very good. I purchased the downloads, but have not tried the workouts yet. I'm thinking that I will do a rotation of those after I'm done with the front/back phase. I still have the FitSplit workout to get through also. :D

Thelma, I'm so sorry to hear that you had a dud workout with Jessica. Good for you for upping the workout intensity to get something done. I think you are right not to venture into work with the road conditions being iffy on your way in. The bagels where the ones that I was thinking about trying, they really do look good. I don't know if I could do the everything on there with my family. ;) Hopefully they taste good just plain.

Have a great day!
    Laurie