Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, no workout tonight. I was just too tired. I went to get my hair cut and asked the lady if they could buy the product Laurie's DD recommended. Their supplier will be there next week so she'll ask her then. Another thing I asked her to check is about doing power henna on my hair. It is quite a messy job so I'm dreading doing that myself. It turns out that she had just done powder henna on her friend on Wednesday. So she will check with her friend exactly what product she bought. I took a shower and slept, and slept. My gosh, I was so tired!

I definitely had to listen to my body with the shoulder work. The amazing thing about the BB workouts is that they are good for my shoulders.

Laurel, don't worry about the rotation workouts. I had already thought it through and on my rotation, I knew that on Thursday and Friday I couldn't the push/pull workouts because I need the rest. So I had thought of doing the leg workouts on Thursday and then either pull or push on Friday.

Ladies, you're doing amazing workouts! Great job!
    Erika, so good to have you back.
    I checked out that 80-day obsession program and as soon as I saw Autumn I knew it wasn't for me. She does some dangerous moves as far as I'm concerned and her workouts are my least favorite.

Good night ladies and have a wonderful weekend!!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,460 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Wasn't able to get a workout in after work yesterday, just not enough time. This morning was Barry's BC Full Body, and I followed that up with a JS 18 min. stretch routine. It was one from Christmas time. ;)

Laurel, Great job with your workouts, and of course getting in core with cardio. LOL about trading cleaning the house with grass trimming, that wouldn't work in our house for sure. If I suggested that to DH he would run out the door to mow the lawn. ;) Raking is a really good sub for all that shoveling, because you are working not only your core but your back. I know that I'm always sore in my upper back from raking. Funny that we had all seen the 80 day Obsession, it looks good, but I just don't need more workouts to add to my list of things to try. :D

Tami, Hope your workout was a ton of fun! I love having that time at home just to myself, so I can do my workouts in peace. Sis and I are doing stretching today, I think that she needs a break from all the weight work. Tell the truth, I'm really looking forward to a longer stretch routine tomorrow. These BBC workouts are really making me sore, in a good way of course. That is nice that your boss isn't dumping everything on you all at once, so that you are not overwhelmed.

Thelma, I hope that your stylist is able to get you the products that you need. Sorry to hear that you where so tired, but it is getting to the end of the week. Are you in the area where the storm is suppose to hit? If so stay safe.

Erika, Hope you have a good day.

Have a great weekend!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today was F/S Push, which is harder for me since Cathe doesn’t take any breaks between the sets. But my arms and shoulders felt much better today than yesterday, so it was manageable. I followed it with F/S Abs. For cardio, I did Cathe Live Jabs and Kicks, which is her Live version of F/S Boxing Bootcamp. It is a really good workout.

Tami, I almost decided to do the same thing both you and Thelma did yesterday with doing Legs instead of either Push/Pull. I will definitely be doing the F/S Legs and Metabolic Conditioning workouts on Thursday/Friday next week instead of Push/Pull. If I do Push/Pull during our last week of Build, I am going to switch around the order of the Build workouts to make it a little more comfortable on the arms. I love having the on-line options for workouts, but keep shying away from Beachbody On Demand. While I know I would like some of the workouts, I am more hit and miss with Beachbody workouts than I am Cathe, so that’s why I stick with Cathe Live. To have both Beachbody and Cathe would completely overwhelm me with too many workout choices! :o:) Hope your DH makes it home safely!

Thelma, I am glad you took a break and let your body rest. No doubt you needed it. That’s good news from your hair appointment. Hopefully she can do that for you. I hope you are staying safe through the weather back there!

Laurie, great workout. My DH, too, would miraculously find a love for mowing if I were to suggest he clean the house! :D Can’t say I blame him, though. :) But at least he does let me do the raking at times, which I quite enjoy. He finds it boring, but I am so addicted to being able to do anything outside that I could rake for hours. I am with you on needing a good stretch this week. It is funny, but Saturday Yoga is becoming the workout I look forward to most each week!

Erika, hope you are well!

If I don’t check-in on Monday, it is because DH is due back at 3:00am and probably will take the day off work. So I have no idea what my day will look like. Enjoy the weekend!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ As planned I did FS Legs + added on KCM Lower Body Tabata, love this one as an add-on because it is not tough but just gives that little extra! Planning on going to Spinning tonight.

Thelma: Good that you were able to get some rest and didn’t push it! Sounds great that the hair dresser is looking into those products for you. YAY.

Laurie: Excellent work w/ Barry’s BC Full Body + a quick stretch. So happy that your sis is joining you these days and that you are looking forward to an extra stretch tomorrow. I will probably do a total body in the a.m. or cardio and add on my Sat. stretch (since I am the worst in our group for doing these, but I am really trying to follow through). LOL ;)

Laurel: Way to go with F|S Push and Abs. I truly love this abwork she does. Using the bands and sliders creates such a variety. Then of course your amazing cardio. Way to go!! I was feeling a little upper body loaded is why I leaned towards Legs last night. I hear you on the Beach Body on Demand. I would love to try the 80 Day Obsession and of course Cathe’s online workouts but seriously …… I can’t even get through what I have planned in my mind each week. LOL :D

Hi Erika ~ Have a great weekend! :)

Hope you ladies have a great weekend! I am planning on NOT going into work either day but I am getting my hair prettied tomorrow afternoon. WOOHOO and then time with DH. He made it home really late last night and said he was so glad to hear my hair dryer this a.m. It meant he was “HOME”.

Talk to you all on Monday!
    Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a great weekend. I had a restful weekend. On Saturday I visited an Indian beauty salon to check out on a henna color service they have. The lady came highly recommended and she seemed very nice. The henna is natural henna she said so this is not the colored kind. I have no idea what color my hair will turn out. I'm going next Saturday. Apparently, she needs to soak the henna for two days before she slaps it on my hair. Then I'll have to keep it on for a couple of hours. So I'll have to drive home with plastic hair cap on! Yikes! I have the feeling that I will go to my hair stylist to do the colored henna though.

The lady does something called threading. This is a hair removal method using a thread. When I walked into the shop the lady was doing a woman's eyebrows. It looks like it removes the hairs at the base. She does a beautiful job trimming the eyebrows though.

BTW, I just this on FB about gray hairs: I don't have gray hairs! I have wisdom highlights! LOL

OMG, we got hit by the cyclone bomb or whatever that storm was called. Thankfully we only lost power by about 1 hour DH told me. There were downed trees all over the place. I had to turn around from my usual road to/from home because it was blocked. People in my town just got power yesterday. Someone said a tree fell on their house and another one in my town a tree landed on her son's car. We were very fortunate.

I found out through FB post that my sister got engaged on Sunday night. Very happy for her! She's been divorced for a while now and has felt the need for a DH for so long. I've not met the lucky guy but in the pictures, they post on FB he seems very loving. So happy for my baby sis!

On Friday I did Fit Split Push - Mixed Impact Cardio - Just Pull, Walking on Treadmill, Stretching. Saturday: Jessica Smith Flo-Yo, Low Impact Cardio and today XT CBS W/U, BB Build Chest & Triceps, Walking on Treadmill, Stretching.

Laurie, great job getting your workouts in! I hope to find out next week if the lady will be able to get those hair products. They did have another product for hair loss and I took a picture but I've not looked into it yet.

Laurel, amazing workouts!! Raking leaves is a good workout. I used to do that in the fall when I lived alone. One year I filled something like 60 giant bags of leaves. Serious workout!
    I've noticed that lately, my body needs a break in the middle of the week. I'm going to allow myself to take that break cause clearly my body needs the rest.

Tami, great job with the leg workout!! Your DH is so cute about the hair dryer and meaning he was home! I hope you enjoyed your hair appointment!
    Not wanting to go gray is turning out to be a lot of work. The things women do in the name of beauty! LOL

Good night ladies and have a wonderful week!!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Had a nice weekend, our oldest and her DH visited on Sunday. Rocket had a blast running around with his bestie and his new pal Zek. At one point I was the only creature awake, everyone was taking an afternoon nap. :D Saturday was stretching, so I pulled out Weider XFactor and did the yoga workout. This one is more stretching than yoga. Sunday was BBC Back & Biceps and FITIN15 Slim & Sculpt. This morning was BBC Butt & Legs and Jillian's Buns & Thighs Level 1. Hope to do something after work.

Laurel, Great job with the workouts, and enjoying the live ones too. I think that I'm more into my gardening because of wanting to be outside. I spent so much time outside during our faire weekends, that I need to be out there when the sun is shining. I hope you have a great day today, it you don't get a chance to check in. It surprises me how much I really look forward to my stretching, and since DH and I will be at a hotel this coming weekend, stretching is something that I can do without disturbing anyone else in the hotel.

Tami, I love that KCM workout too, good job with both of your workouts. Nice that you didn't plan on working this weekend. Getting your hair prettied is the best way to enjoy your weekend. I love that your DH missed you so much, and your hair dryer. :D

Thelma, Oh my that henna process sounds intense. Hope that you will be happy with it, but then you do seem to have other options. LOL about the wisdom highlights, that is something that I will have to use in the future. Wow on the storm, that isn't fun with the trees start to topple over. Very happy to hear about your sister! Nice job on getting in your workout in all of that too. Hope that you get something that helps your hair loss, no matter what product you find. I'm just glad that my dd had something to recommend.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

Well, I learned the hard way that posting to this board on my phone doesn't work. I had a wonderfully long post on Friday morning that never made it here :(

I had a wonderful weekend, which included a super fun night with a friend of mine that has been going through a rough time with work, and super busy with kids' activities, grad school, etc. We indulged in some margaritas, cranked up the tunes and danced our butts off. It was much needed and so fun! The rest of the weekend was full of relaxing, as we had no hockey :) Today we are supposed to get hit by a big snowstorm, so they closed all the schools. I'm trying to work while the 2 are home (now 13 and 14) and trying to keep busy!

Yesterday was X10 Step and today All Out Low Impact Hiit. Both felt great!

Thelma, I'm so glad you escaped the storm unharmed! Our home office is in Boston and my manager is housed there as well. She said it's a big mess in downtown Boston and the storm we are getting today is supposed to hit them Wednesday. I'd say we're all ready to be done with the storms! I'm excited to hear about the henna color, I've never heard of that! Awesome news about your sister's engagement too! As always, great job on the workouts...I love the variety!

Laurie, sounds like a wonderful weekend and fun play time for the pups!! That stretching workout sounds fabulous! One thing I do like from 80 Day Obsession is that Sunday's are always rest day. I enjoy having one day designated to that. I may need to incorporate that more!

Tami, great workout combo and thanks for your feedback. I'll have to get that set! I hope you enjoyed getting your hair all prettied up this weekend and I love the sound of the hairdryer meaning he's home!

Laurel, I hope you are enjoying your day off and time with DH! Loving your workouts and I really like the sound of that Live workout with Cathe. I've been eyeing those for awhile!

If anyone ever wants to play around on Beachbody on Demand, let me know. I can message you my login information. I have my membership until November, and now that I'm really not using it much, I'd love it if others get some use out if it!

Have a wonderful Monday! This storm should be hitting soon, so I'll be working, shovelling and then relaxing this evening!

Erika
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I had a quiet weekend with DH gone, but enjoyed some nice time reading a book. Always nice to do that when I can be uninterrupted. Saturday’s workout was Jessica Smith Pilates/Yoga Fusion, which I enjoyed. Yesterday’s workout was Build Chest and Triceps followed by Cathe’s To The Max. Today’s workout was short but good. DH made it home about 3:30am, so he is safe, but that made for a long night. So I did Build Legs followed by Cathe Live Cardio Core Circuit.

Tami, great workouts on Friday. Based on both your and Thelma’s feedback and how my upper body felt this weekend, I am going to put Push/Pull aside for these next two weeks. Since we are going to be doing them in another six weeks with our Push/Pull month, I don’t mind doing that. So Thursday will be some lower body workout followed by a total body workout of some form on Friday. I think my body will be much happier!

Thelma, that storm looked scary! I am glad you were safe and didn’t have any damage to your home. I think it very smart to take a day off during the week. With your long hours, you will probably find your other workouts more effective if you know you are going to get at least one evening free. Interesting information about the henna. I am curious how that will work.

Laurie, great workouts this weekend. Sounds like Rocket got a good workout too! I became addicted to being outside when we lived in Los Angeles. We had a house on the Air Force base there that was right on the ocean, so I spent at least an hour every day just sitting outside and staring at the water. I think that’s the reason I took up golf when we moved to Korea after that......just so I could be outside more! We ate dinner every night outside in Florida and all the golf......yep, I much prefer outside to inside. But living in Alaska doesn’t always make that easy! :)

Erika, I hate losing posts like that! Anyhow......your boys are how old now?!?!? :o But they were just in elementary school! Crazy how quickly time is flying. Sounds like a fun weekend with your friend. Are you still doing the same work from home? Great workout yesterday. Thank you for the offer on your Beachbody On Demand. I may take you up on that.....even if just to see what is there.....in a couple weeks when DH is gone again. Again, thank you!

See you all tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Friday was fun Spin class and Katy was riding, feeling ok to ride she said, so that’s good. Good weekend of workouts and getting my hair prettied on Saturday afternoon. She ended up having a cancellation so I was able to get in way earlier, which was great, but I was hurrying to get to her. She did a Balayage hair color instead of just highlights; so there is a warm undertone to my natural dark; so far I really like it. Saturday I did the F|S Metabolic Conditioning + Low Impact Cardio and didn’t get my stretch in due to the earlier part of my appt. changing :( Yesterday I did BB Chest/Tris + Abwork. This a.m. I had a 7 AM dental appt. cleaning and repair the corner of my crown (AGAIN) it was the same piece he repaired 3 months ago. Fingers crossed it stays put this time. So BootCamp tonight, BB Legs tomorrow a.m.

Thelma: So good to hear you had a restful weekend! That treatment for you hair sounds like it will be definitely thorough and authentic. Love the wisdom highlights too …. Since my BFF is my hair dresser I have told her we need to just keep covering those babies up. Wisdom or no wisdom. LOL Good thing I have blonde highlights! Thanks for the kudos on the workout. Yes, it was super cute when he said he loved the sound of the hair dryer; I think it is normally kind of annoying to wake up too. Congrats to your sister! That is wonderful.

Laurie: Sounds like a fun day for you with your visitors and for Rocket too. So fun. Excellent job getting in your Yoga workout. I didn’t know that series has a Yoga workout … or I forgot since it has been so long. That one would be worth a try as well for me. Great job with your Sunday and Monday workouts as well. It was nice having both days for my weekend. I actually was planning on playing Volleyball yesterday for our “Spring League” but found out we don’t have enough ladies to fill our team again. So we won’t be playing now until the Fall. I was bummed but hopefully we can all be back together again in the Fall.

Erika: OMG! I have had troubles when I have posted on my Ipad at home so I don’t try that anymore OR I save the entire post and copy & paste. LOL Excellent job with your workouts! I bet you are beyond busy with your boys these days, both in hockey right? Hopefully the storm wasn’t too awful for you guys. I might take you up on that Beachbody on Demand offer too one of these days, thank you for the offer.

Laurel: Sounds like you had a nice quiet weekend and enjoyed that reading time. How nice. I always think I am going to read when DH is gone and then somehow I don’t. LOL I always read when I am traveling but that’s about it. Excellent combos of workouts! I think your lineup for this week sounds perfect! I do like having a couple days for legs forsure. I like ending a workout week with some kind of total body too, it always feels like you’re “putting it all together” at the end of the week to me, which is good.

Have a great day ladies! Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I got home from work at 7:30 so by 8 o'clock I had already talked myself out of working out. I was ready to relax when I told myself: No! You're going downstairs and do what you can. So I did XT10 W/U, BB Build Legs minus the calves and ab section, Treadmill, Stretch.
    This leg workout is really fast paced due to the giant sets. What does the workout become when you have to take longer breaks in between exercises cause you're so winded? Plus like I said last week going heavier with the giant Bowflex dumbbells require a slower pace and longer break for me.

So we are bracing for a nor'easter on Wed/Thu. This morning I heard the storm was going to happen on Wed. 3-6 inches inland. Now it seems Wed into Thur morning. So I'm not sure if I'll be able to work from home one of those days.

Laurie, glad you had a great weekend. Sounds like the 4 legged kids did too! Great workouts! Wow, you hadn't done a Weider workout in a long time!

The henna process is painful. I rather pay to have someone apply this stuff to me. I hope I'm happy with it. An Indian lady at work told me that the fact that the lady has to soak the henna for two days means it will give me a dark color! I hope she's right!

Erika, I can't believe you typed your reply on a phone! That is so painful cause replies to this group are rarely short! LOL
    Glad you had such a wonderful weekend! Awesome job with your workouts! You should check out the YouTube selection for some variety. We like Jessica Smith. Laurie also found some Kelly Coffey-Meyer 'raw' workouts there. I discovered hasfit.com also.

We were really fortunate with the last storm. Wow, I didn't realize downtown Boston was a mess as a result of the storm.
    I've been doing a cream henna which is pretty easy to apply but I'm allergic to something in the new ingredients. I hope I'm not allergic to the natural henna.

Laurel, great workouts! Is that JS Pilates/Yoga Fusion the 1 hr+ workout? I've been looking at it but don't dare do it yet. Glad your DH made it home safely!
    Funny how you're thinking of changing the Thursday/Friday routine. I definitely thought of legs for Thursday and thought about a total body workout for Friday. I'd not put thought into the total body workout though because I thought they would be too long. I just looked at my DVD listing and I see that I have plenty of total body workouts under 50 minutes long which work for me. Now I just have to pick what I will do!
    I'm thinking I can do a KCM leg workout because they are effective and 30 minutes long.

Tami, great workouts! Great news on Katy is feeling better. I think we all feel like we know her! So glad you're liking your new hair color! I hope I like my new color too! I have the feeling that it will be a reddish brown because henna turns wisdom highlights reddish.

Good night ladies!!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

After work didn't have time for a workout. This morning we had to go in for our yearly health assessment for our insurance. I did just fine, so I'm glad to hear that. I always have a worry about my bp, but it was just still in the pre-hypertension. So I need to work on my weight, and I can also work on my cholesterol. I'm not in the "awesome" zone, and it was down from last year. So I'm going to work on that for this year. I did manage to get in my workout, so I did BBC Shoulders & Back.

Erika, I'm so sorry to hear that your post didn't save for you. Sounds like you had a really nice time with your friend. Great job on your workouts also. How time does fly, can't believe that your boys are that old. I'm sure that they enjoyed having the day off of school, but it must really mess with your day having them home while you have to work. Good thing they are old enough not to need your constant attention. We all try to do a stretching/yoga workout on Saturday's, it has been our goal while doing these rotations. Of course as I'm aging the body really does need the TLC more. :D The only beachbody workouts that I was interested in at one point was the Core de Force ones. Have you tried those workouts?

Laurel, Awesome job on your workouts! Glad to hear that your DH made it home safe, but that is really early in the morning. I would have been outside all the time if I lived near the beach, that must have been very relaxing to just be there. Still am amazed at how fast these 4 weeks fly by.

Tami, Nice that you could get your hair done, and getting a Balayage. They are very pretty, so I hope that yours wears well for you. Great job on your workouts! Sorry to hear that your tooth needs to be worked on again, hope that goes well for you. Dang on not having enough ladies to make up your spring volleyball league. Guess everyone is busy at this time of the year.

Thelma, Sounds like March is coming in like a lion for your area, we didn't have all that much snow this morning. Hope that doesn't mean the end of March will be the lion for us. Nice job getting your workout in, and keeping with those heavy weights even though you have to slow the workout down to make it work. I sometimes forget that I have some of the workouts that I do have, but remembered that this workout was a good stretch. The instructor talks a lot, but I just tune those things out. Take care of yourself during this next storm that is coming to all of you.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I am having another low energy day, but it is all mental. We got more snow yesterday, and I am officially ready for winter to be done. B) Anyhow, despite the low energy, I felt very strong doing Build Back and Biceps today. I used the same weight as last week but will definitely up some weights next week. For cardio, I did X10 Low Impact into Cathe Live Sweat Blast. Good stuff.

Tami, glad to hear Katy felt well enough to spin. I hope she keeps improving. That’s disappointing about the volleyball, though. Seems a long time until autumn. It is also disappointing about the tooth! Hope this repair lasts. I am thinking about having the same process done on my hair this spring. The girl who does my hair is chomping at the bit to do something different, and I have let her play around with different highlights. But I think balayage is next. Since I turned 50, I have tried to do something different and fun with my hair each birthday, and I think this will be the choice this year. Let me know if you end up not liking it though! :o:)

Thelma, great job getting your workout in. If I were you, I wouldn’t think twice about taking longer with these workouts. I think they are fast for a couple of reasons. One is keeping the heart rate up does burn more body fat. But I also think it is to keep the workouts a manageable length so people will do them. So do what works for you. Yes, the JS Fusion workout was the 65 minute one on YouTube. It was pretty good but more ‘work’ and less stretch than I might have wanted on Saturday. It is also pretty core-focused, which I liked. I haven’t decided what workouts I am going to do Thursday/Friday yet either. There are some new Cathe Live workouts I might try, though.

Laurie, yay on the good health assessment. Glad to hear everything is in a good, healthy range. I can’t believe we are just one week away from entering our last month of the original six month rotation we planned! It really is amazing how quickly this has gone. So glad we added on a couple of months, or I would be in my ‘what’s next’ panic mode right now. :p

Erika, hope you are well.

Off to shovel snow...... :#;) See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!

We survived the snow storm...it hit much later than expected (was supposed to hit in the morning and didn't start until around 3pm). We ended up with about 8" of that super heavy, wet snow. It was nice to be "snowed in" for the night as it was Bachelor night (yep, I'm addicted to that show...it's the only show I watch!). My boys get into the show with me, so it's kind of fun!

Today's workout was 4DS Back and Bi's. I feel like I've lost some strength with doing BB workouts for the last year or so. I feel like Cathe focuses more in her weight workouts while many of the BB workouts are too rushed for me. So, I'm glad to be back to Cathe!

Laurel, hard to believe I'll have a kid with is permit this summer and starting high school in the fall! They are growing up fast, but quite honestly it's just the right pace for me. Occasionally I miss when they were little, but only for a few minutes. I like that they can do things on their own (well, for the most part...they are boys after all!) and still really enjoy hanging with their mom :) I'm still at the same job, and glad I've stuck it out. Last fall was horrible as I had a boss that I really didn't get along with, too much work (we laid off several, so my work tripled) and it was the busy time for hockey for the boys. Well, I stuck with it and voiced my concerns about my boss and she was recently "laid off." Now I have an amazing boss that is all about family time...it's great! Enjoy shoveling the snow...from one snowladen land to another!

Tami, that balayage color sounds super fun and I bet it looks great! I've seen it on a few friends, and I really like it. I'm tempted to color my hair again, but just cut it short and haven't colored it for close to a year, and really am liking my natural color so I might have to stick with it for a bit. So far no grey's, however my mom is in her mid 60's and no grey, so maybe I'll be lucky like her! Yes, both boys are in hockey year 'round and then lacrosse also from April-August. This will be my oldest son's first summer not playing hockey but rather doing a camp a few days a week. Next year will likely be his last year of hockey unless he's lucky enough to make the HS team. We have a very big school though (graduating class is around 600) so I'm not sure what his chances are.

Thelma, props to you for getting a workout in despite the long workday! It's hard to get motivated that late, but it always feels good when you're done! Hopefully this storm isn't any worse for you...I've been watching it move east and wondering what it's going to do. It was late arriving for us too, so I'd imagine it's more of a late Wednesday/Early Thursday arrival there. Keep safe!

Laurie, I'm glad the health assessment went well. I always wonder if those are a bit skewed as everyone is so nervous to get those done, especially for work. I know I always was and noticed my BP was always elevated. We haven't had to do them for awhile now, but I'm sure that will change. The boys being home is usually ok on snow days, except when they want lunch...then they turn back into toddlers that have no idea how to make themselves anything! Boys! I actually really enjoyed the Core de Force set. I think you'd like it alot!

Well, back to work! Have a good afternoon!

Erika

• 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Ended up not going to BootCamp last night :/ DH wasn’t feeling well so I headed home. Eventhough he said he was fine he sounded terrible and I thought I should stop and get him something. At any rate, he stayed home today and will hopefully feel better soon. My workout this a.m. was BUILD Legs and planning on Insane X tonight after work.

Thelma: Way to go on forcing yourself down to the workout room! It is a fast paced workout forsure and it was awesome you did what you had time for and then added in your stretch and treadmill. Stay safe with your storms and the roads.

Laurie: Glad your health assessment went well. It’s always nice to have those check-ups & being in a healthy range! “Things to work” on are not bad things necessarily but goals to improve on and it sounds like you have those goals set already for this year! Great job getting in your Shoulders & Back workout in. Yes, I was very surprised about my crown breaking off again in the same exact spot. He of course thinks it is something I did. I wonder if it is a faulty crown but I didn’t ask. I was just glad to have it fixed. Now if it happens again I will say something. Lol You probably have a storm in your area as well don’t you? We are having some mild weather right now and we are very glad. Supposed to warm up to 50 this weekend! Sunshine today a little bit.

Laurel: OMG! You poor woman with all that white stuff!!! YOWSA, I too would be so tired of it. Low energy sounds like it turned into something great when you started your workouts. Way to go. It was disappointing on our volleyball team. Since we missed the winter league too for the same reason. It will be a long way off from playing when it starts again, but here’s hoping we do play again all together this fall. The women I play with all have kids that are in the teen or pre-teen ages or smaller for one of them and so all the activities and commitments that involves takes them out on weekends. I have looked at lots of pics and ideas on the Balayage for my hair and we talked about it and finally just went for it. Funny thing, I know the difference but nobody at work or DH has noticed. So obviously it is a suttle change. For my blonde highlighted hair it will make the growout hopefully a little more “natural” looking. But yes, so far I really like it and would recommend it!

Hi Erika

Have a great evening ladies ~ stay safe if you are being hit by those heavy storms.
    Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, another long and exhausting day at work. I finally completed a big milestone on my plate which has been a huge source of stress for weeks. It means one less thing to stress about but I got a new one to replace it with!!!
    In addition to the 4 team members, I'm responsible for I was assigned two more that have been working on legacy products. So think about trying to bring people used to 20+ year-old technology into the android world!

These are also the most challenging employees we have. One is slow and the other one simply a mega PITA so I had to read him the riot act today. He is used to people fighting him for his opinions of how things should work. That behavior is simply not acceptable for this team. It will not be tolerated. His delivery is simply wrong too.

He started to question every single thing the business has agreed will be included in our new products. He thought some decisions were wrong and kept asking why, why, why (someone shoot me now please!). How can I possibly train him with constant interruptions like this? I felt bad for the other guy who just wanted to listen to what I had to say.
    So I had to read him the riot act. I had to set him straight because I can't afford to have him behave like that in front of the development team. He will be crucified and I will have to pay for it. When the business makes decisions like the ones that have been made you simply don't question it. So I've had to work with people to think differently than what they're used to. Unfortunately, these people worked in a very dysfunctional team so being defensive was a survival technique they had to live with for at least the last 8 years. Now I have to make sure they drop that behavior. New skill to be added to my resume: miracle worker!

I didn't feel like working out so I decided to do BBB shoulders tonight because it is shorter and easier than the back/biceps workout. Thank you all for the kudos on my pushing through with the workouts!

I am working from home tomorrow due to the storm so I will be able to get a little cardio in during the day and at night I will do the back/biceps workout. DH told me we are in the 6-15 inch snowfall area tomorrow. I told my boss I will work from home tomorrow and that I may not get to work until the afternoon on Thursday since DH has to dig us out.

Laurie, glad you passed the health assessment test. I can't believe that you have to work on your weight. Do they consider that that number can include muscle weight? I'm trying to understand if they just look at the number on the scale or do they factor in how active/sedentary a person is?

March is really coming in like a lion in our area. I heard this morning we still have about 125K people without power!

Laurel, I can understand why you're feeling tired given your intense workouts followed by almost daily shovel Max workouts! Amazing job pushing through the tireds!
    I had the feeling that JS workout was the 65 minute one. The reason why I've not tried it is because the picture on the workout selection screen tells me it is ab intensive.
    My heart rate is still high by the time I start the next set on BBB legs. I think I just need the longer breaks.

Erika, glad you survived the snow storm. My turn tomorrow! I've never watched Bachelor but a lot of people seem to like it.

Great job with the back and bi's workout! I have learned that when a workout is too fast for me I simply hit the pause button so I don't feel I have to keep up with the instructor. This is what I've been doing with the BB workouts. I either hit the pause button when I need a longer pause or I start 20 seconds before Sagi starts a set. That way I mentally feel that I'm ahead of them. :)

it is hard to get motivated to workout late in the day but that is my new normal. It sounds like the snow is going to hit us hard. We, of course, are in the high snowfall area. It is supposed to be the heavy, wet snow too.

Tami, you're such a good wifey!! I hope your DH feels better soon. Great workouts!!

I decided that Thursday I will do the Fit Tower Legs, Glutes & Core workout and on Friday Beast Total Body.

Good night ladies!!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

After work yesterday I did Jillian's Killer Core Level 1 & KCM's Build & Burn Cardio Core. That was a really good combo, next time I will probably try switching the order of how I do those two together. This morning was BBC Arms & Abs. I can tell that the weather is changing for us, my sinus headaches are back. :p Not horrible, but I can tell that they are starting.

Laurel, Great job doing your workouts and getting past that low energy, and having to deal with more snow. You have really gotten a welcome to Alaska haven't you. That is always the hardest hurtle to get past when you really don't want to workout. I say go for the new hair style, it is fun when you are our age to try different things. I have gone way shorter with my hair than I ever imagined, and I love the fact that I don't have to spend extra minutes drying it. Of course my hair is dd's head of fun, since I let her create what she wants. :D I'm looking forward to the upper/lower. For our next phase I'm going to be doing upper/lower/core/upper/lower/core/yoga. I think that will have me doing the core work that I tend to avoid. :D

Erika, Nice workout, really love those 4DS workouts. Those workouts are actually great for what we are doing right now. ;) I love that your boys enjoy watching the Bachelor with you. I haven't gotten into those shows, but my dd's enjoy watching them. That is the one thing I was afraid would happen when I went in for my blood pressure, because I always have really high numbers when I go to see my doctor. For some reason when I have these health assessments my bp is fine, probably because I know what to expect since I have done these for many years now. Thanks for the info on Core de Force, it will remain on my list of wants. ;)

Tami, Sorry to hear that your DH isn't feeling well. Great job with your workout, and I hope that your X class was a good one. I wonder if your crown doesn't fit correctly, so when you are biting down on something it is putting pressure on the crown. I know that my dentist always grinds down areas that don't fit, because he says that 1) it is uncomfortable for me when chewing, and 2) the crown will break if the fit isn't right. I was super sad to hear that my dentist is retiring. I will have to find someone that is as good as he is. :o Enjoy you nice weather!

Thelma, Congrats on getting one phase off your project list. I'm very sorry to hear that you now have additional stress with new members on your team. It sounds like you did the right thing by nipping the negative right away. Never let those type of things get out of control that is for sure. Great job getting in something, even if you where not into it. They actually did measurements, but only at the waist. Now I still have room to make that portion of my body shrink. I'm in the "normal" range for fat, but I'm wanting it to be way lower than what it is. Just a goal for me this year, so I'm going to concentrate on that for this year. I feel that if I get that handled, then the bp and cholesterol will follow in the downward trend. ;)

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Well we have sunshine and no new snow so, of course, my energy is soaring again! So I took the opportunity to do a tougher workout today. I started with Build Shoulders and strapped on my one pound wrist weights, and kept them on to the end. For shoulders and me, increasing each exercise by 1 or 2lbs is quite an accomplishment. For cardio, I did Cathe’s Pedal Power, which is her longest spin workout on DVD. While I don’t think it was as intense as XTrain Ride, my legs were screaming at me throughout. I am just now learning how to walk again. :p Yep, I am going to feel both workouts tomorrow. :o;)

Erika, great workout. I love the 4DS weight work. Yikes on the snow! I don’t like that heavy, wet stuff. That is what has surprised me most in our move back to Alaska. Last time we lived here, the temps were consistently below zero and snow was light enough to use a broom on. Now we spend much more time with temps above zero, which means more snow....and heavy snow. While the cold was brutal at times last time we were here......I much preferred it to what we have had this winter. I am glad your job is going well and you stuck it out through the bad boss. I am also glad your boys are doing well and young enough to still enjoy ‘Mom’ time. I, too, am a Bachelor fan. I am still processing what happened this season, to be honest. But I am looking forward to next season already. :)

Tami, I am sorry your DH isn’t feeling well. Hope it is short-lived and not the horrible flu that is going around. That is disappointing about the volleyball team, though I understand how family life for some could impact their participation. Hopefully enough people sign up for the fall, though, especially since you all seem to have so much fun with it. Thanks for the feedback on your hair. My hair is a medium to darkish brown, and we have already decided we will do a caramel color for the balayage. I am just hoping it will warm up the color a bit and give it more depth.....just in time for summer!

Thelma, sorry about the tough day. I completely understand how frustrating it is to encounter somebody who questions everything. I live with somebody like that. B) But at least my DH knows he is, as I put it, the most argumentative person in the history of persons, and he doesn’t do it just to do it. In other words, he asks ‘why’ but also offers solutions. And he knows when to stop. Sounds like your employee doesn’t know that. I think it is good you let him know that constant questioning just for the sake of questioning is not productive. Anyhow, please stay safe with this storm! It looks like a pretty bad one.

Laurie, great workouts. I love what you have scheduled for next month. I think that adding those core days will not only be good for your core, but it will give your other muscle groups a break. I am a tad concerned about doing both upper and lower body three times a week for a month, so I may take up your rotation ideas after the first week or two if it feels like too much. Goodness knows my core could use it! :o I agree about hairstyles and our age. I am more ‘daring’ now with my hair than I was younger, that’s for sure. I have let it grow back out, though (it is about shoulder length now), so I need to do something to make the color more fun, that’s for sure. Not ready for purple, though......yet. :D

See you tomorrow!

Laurel

• 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Good Insane X class last night. Again a more “traditional” format. We have been having to use a different room for our class due to a local basketball team needing the gym for practices. At any rate it was rounds of different exercises at 45-60 seconds each. This a.m. was BUILD Back/Bi’s and tonight I will head to Spinning. DH seems a little bit better ….. ?? maybe? Lol I did tell him to take his Nyquil nighttime and then the daytime stuff today so hopefully he did.

Thelma: WOWSA on the new team and the personality behind it. Nothing like a little bit of stress to add to your already stressed life at work. I am sorry to hear that. Good that you spoke up to him immediately and hopefully he received the message. Maybe some change can happen there. I will send positivity your way and the strength and patience to DEAL with the PITA’s! Great job getting in your workout despite the day you had. A glass of wine or something probably sounded a lot better. Hope the storm and digging out is going ok for you guys.

Laurie: Excellent combo after work! Plus good job getting in your BBC Arms & Abs this a.m. Your plan for our next phase sounds perfect. I love that you have tried many more things with your hair; I would imagine having your DD doing your hair now really helps. My hair is right at my shoulders/just past but barely. I have been trying to grow out the sides FOREVER it feels like because I would like to have a medium length Lob but my sides are too short to have the back cut off that much to make it a “true lob” and so I wait and wait. LOL I don’t have the guts to go short yet. Shoulder length will probably be my go to for quite some time. Now that I know my hair is a slow boat to china on the grow factor. On my crown ….. he does always make sure it is even and has me bite on some paper that marks it, etc. So I feel like either it was off and I couldn’t tell OR I don’t know. Fingers crossed it will stay the course now.

Laurel: Yahoo on the sunshine! We have sunshine today too and it feels so good. Super foggy this a.m. but beautiful now. I always cant wait to ready your next sentence after “a tougher workout” since your low energy days sound “tougher” to me. LOL Way to push today and tackle another Spin workout. Awesome. Thanks for the well wishes for DH I too hope he is feeling better. Seems to be back-to-back moments of issues for him and I feel bad for him. He did tell me he went and road the bike at his PT’s office on Monday. I was very surprised and then he said he might take advantage of the gym membership that our company has offered. We will seem but it is on his mind at least. Now to just get him well again. Sheesh. Yes, this color style definitely “warms” up the look of your hair, that is exactly how my BFF described it to me when I said I was thinking we should do it.

Erika: I apologize, I missed your post yesterday. :( I type my responses to everyone and then copy & paste (so that I don’t lose it) and I must have pasted and exited before seeing yours. Glad to hear you survived the snow storm, yikes! That is a lot of wet snow. Love it that you watch The Bachelor. I heard there was lots of controversy this season?!? I don’t watch it anymore but I used to. DH and I love to watch The Voice. Excellent workout with the 4DS Back/Bi’s! Cathe always has a way of bringing the true strength and great form workouts to us doesn’t she? Glad to hear you are liking being back with her. I am so happy to hear you have a wonderful new boss. It makes all the difference.

Have a great afternoon/evening ladies ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I worked from home for nothing. The storm didn't start until tonight. Now it's really sticking and it looks very heavy.

I slept in this morning and that felt great. I didn't have time to workout during the day. Tonight I did XT C/B/S W/U, BB Build Back & Bi's, Treadmill, Stretch.

Laurie, awesome workouts! Sorry about the sinus headaches. I hope you feel better soon. Great strategy for the next phase.

I really had to nip that negative behavior right away. Do you actually think it's enough to just measure your waist? It doesn't seem like it's enough to me. The good thing is that you're now motivated.

Laurel, another winning combo! Great job!
    At least your DH knows when to stop and offers solutions. Not the guy I work with. He doesn't know when to stop. I've worked with them before and they know I mean business.

Tami, great workouts! I hope your DH does take his meds if he really wants to feel better.

I think the guy received the message for that moment but that is the problem with him. He only gets the message for the moment and then goes back to being his usual PITA. So I will have to keep reminding him that he needs to stop the negative behavior.

Good night ladies!!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Yesterday was a bust for workouts after work. We went to a team building event (hockey) yesterday, and since it was a morning game and kids are off school it was a scream fest. :p We could only tolerate it for 2 periods, and then left to go to lunch. We went to a smokehouse in downtown Milwaukee, it was okay. The smoked salmon was good. After work we went out with some friends and my DH's choice of restaurant was a smokehouse. I know he loves this place, so I didn't make a big deal out of it. I have to say that my co-workers smokehouse is better than the one we went to downtown. ;) I may need to start a blog about smokehouses, and what I think. :D This morning my workout was Jillian's Killer Cardio & Jessica's HiiT for Beginners Walking Intervals.

Laurel, Awesome job with upping the weights, and of course getting in your workouts with all that energy! You hit on the reason why I'm adding in the core work for the next phase! I remember trying three workouts in the same week, and my shoulders where burned out at the end. Glad I could give you an option if it gets to intense over the weeks. I don't know if I will be going with purple hair either, until I'm totally gray. My dd says that I'm at about 25% so I can continue to dye my hair its normal color. :D My gray is only at the front of my head.

Tami, Great job on your workout, and the X class. Hope that your DH is feeling better, not fun having cold/flu symptoms at this time of the year. That is frustrating to have hair that grows slowly, mine isn't like that. :D Of course it does help me be more adventurous having a dd that does hair, and does it well. I don't have to worry to much about having bad hair. ;)

Thelma, Dang on the snow not getting there until later, but hopefully you are doing okay today. ;) Nice work on your workouts, it must have been very nice to sleep in. My headache went away after I took some sinus meds, and this morning was fine. No I'm positive that the waist measurement they did wasn't at all accurate, because I still had my clothes on. But I'm still using it as a goad, so that next year I'm smaller with my clothes on. :D

Erika, I hope your day is going well.

Have a great day!
    Laurie