Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,562 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, all I can say is that I'm alive! I left for work at 7 and got home at 1, then continued working till 9:30. I'm exhausted. Needless to say, I didn't workout.

Driving home was a slow go because the snow had already started. I think I drove during the heaviest period. We probably got 2 inches. It did switch to rain. I hope it's not too icy tomorrow morning.

Ladies, great job with your workouts! I love the idea of starting this rotation again so count me in. I love this rotation and I think it can be done over and over again due to the variety it offers.

Good night ladies!!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,461 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

No workout after work, but again I'm okay with that. This morning I did FS Pull Day, and will do a Jessica walking workout and GHUTV Stretching after work. I upped my weights by a half pound on all the back and shoulder exercises. The biceps I tried, but just couldn't. I put a turkey breast in my Insant Pot before work, so I have some time to get a short workout in before I have to make dinner.

Laurel, Awesome job with the leg and spin workout. I'm sure that your legs will feel it, I bet that spinning will use some muscles that you didn't know you had. ;) If so then a good stretch will be in order I'm sure. I'm glad to hear that you are thinking of this rotation again. I was contemplating adding this rotation after the upper/lower phase. The push/pull aspect of Cathe's workouts motivated me to think about it. I have Jillian and Kelly workouts that do the front/back side so that I can incorporate that into this also. Or just doing the Hammer workout or Chisel workouts for 4 weeks. I know that they have rotations for each of those also.

FitSplit Pull Day
    FitSplit Push Day
    HiiT
    Jillian or Kelly Back
    Jillian or Kelly Front
    Cardio
    Yoga

Tami, Nice workout and spin, looks like it might be a trend around here. :D I will have to just try that AMRAPS workout, it really does look good. Glad to hear you are on board also, there really is a nice variety of workouts that we can incorporate into a 4 week rotation. I think that may be a factor for me too. It is only 4 weeks, and then it changes. Sometimes I think that I get bored with the same instructor, or same DVD style after a while. This is making me think more about what I can do for 4 weeks at a time.

Thelma, Dang on that trip home from work, that had to be horrible. Take care if you are heading into work this morning. We are suppose to get snow tonight, so tomorrow will interesting ride in.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,819 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Surprisingly, my lower body feels fine today. :o I really expected that second step out of bed to be a painful one, but so far, so good. Now my upper body is a different story :p but that’s all down to the workout I did this morning. I did LIHI Chest, Shoulders and Triceps, and did the Extreme premix. Yowza....I had forgotten how tough these workouts are. Cathe’s pace is so fast and she is lifting so heavy......my arms are totally fried right now. I followed it with Cathe Live Rock It Sock It, because boxing can help me with that achy shaky feeling. But even doing it with my non-weighted gloves, my arms are still on fire. Of course I think it feels good, but tomorrow’s upper body workout may be......interesting.

Tami, great workouts! I am happy Katy is at least allowing herself some rest time. But I bet she is so happy to be back working out with you guys. Yay for being up for continuing with this rotation! Looks like we are all in. I love it! Yes, both DH and I are definitely ready for a weekend someplace other than Alaska. Alaska Airlines is so good about knowing that so many people feel that way that this time of year, they offer incredible packages to Seattle that include both airfare and hotel. We got the entire trip for under what it would have cost us for just a couple of nights in the hotel alone at regular prices. So since this looks like it is going to be our only chance to get away (perhaps for the year) because of DHs schedule, we didn’t hesitate.

Thelma, yikes on the long day. I am just glad you got home safely. I hope it isn’t too bad today. Snow turning into rain always means ice for me, but, hopefully, your roads are good. Yay for wanting to go on with the rotation too!

Laurie, great workouts! If you are anything like me with this month’s workouts, I totally understand why you are just fine without an evening workout. I know my cardio sessions are significantly shorter than usual (minus yesterday), but I am really feeling like the strength training is pretty much enough right now. I’m only doing cardio because my mind likes it, but my body doesn’t feel like it needs it. I love the idea of push/pull for the month after upper/lower. I don’t think I have any set workouts other than Fit Split like that, but my mind is already racing at the idea of putting together some great combos using different workouts. Of course, I wouldn’t mind revisiting Hammer and Chisel either, so......I am all in regardless! Thank you for the suggestions!!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ We had a great Spin class last night. It went by really fast and good energy. Katy said she almost threw up but thought that wouldn’t have been good to do in front of the whole class. LOL This a.m. was F|S Push + Abs and tonight I may have the chance to get a little cardio in before DH gets home from a meeting, we will see.

Thelma: Sorry to hear about your very long day. Hopefully you were able to get a good night sleep. I hope your roads are ok and you made it safely today.

Laurie: Great job with F|S Pull this a.m. and upping the weights. Enjoy your workout tonight as well!

Laurel: Excellent news that you don’t have the DOMS you thought you might have! Gotta love those LIHI Xtreme pre-mixes … so good and great job getting it done, along with the cardio. Sounds like that trip will be even more appreciated if it is maybe your only chance this year to get away.

Have a great evening ladies ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, quick update. No workout again. I had another long day at work. Got home almost at 8 and was just too tired to even lift a finger. It's a very stressful week. I can't wait for tomorrow to be over with. Today I hardly had a chance to eat or go to the bathroom. I had 1/2 a protein bar at about 10:30 and the rest at 12. Then lunch at 2. I didn't even eat 1000 calories today.

Everything turned into ice last night. Thankfully the roads had been treated.
    I will read your posts over the weekend. All I can think of now sleeping in late over the weekend!

Have a wonderful weekend!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Got in my workouts after work. ;) This morning I started off with GHUTV Arms & Abs then moved into FitSplit Push Day. I was doing fairly well keeping up with Cathe until the last set of most of the workouts. I had to go down in weights. Went to failure on the shoulder work though. ;) Looking forward to a good stretch tomorrow. Coming into work was pretty easy, most of the schools where closed. My DH didn't have to go into work, because the college was closed too. :s

Laurel, Nice job with those workouts, and working those arms. Totally understand about wondering if your next workout will be okay with all the weight work that they have gone through this week. Very glad to hear that your legs didn't suffer from DOMS, or maybe it will be delayed. :o That has happened to me in the past. How nice that you have a weened vacation booked for Seattle area, that will be nice and relaxing. I think that I will be doing the front/back, since I have many workouts to choose just with the Jillian workouts. That is one thing I have noticed about this week, really don't need all that much cardio. I have enjoyed the short 10 min. segments that I have done. That seems to be plenty for me.

Tami, Great job with the workout and spin class. Poor Katy feeling that way, guess she was really pushing herself too. I'm sure it will take a while for her to get back to what she was before the surgery. I'm sure it is tough for her.

Thelma, Take care of yourself, that is the most important thing.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Well, my legs are still fine, but my upper body :o:o:o . Serious DOMS from yesterday’s workout. I really debated today’s strength workout, but decided to do it since my muscles weren’t sore to touch nor was there any injury-type pain. So I did LIHI Back, Shoulders and Biceps Extreme premix. Despite the DOMS, I lifted heavy and it felt really good. But I think tomorrow my body will definitely need a break. Anyhow, for cardio, I did a new-to-me Cathe Live from 2014. It was Cardio Band Blast with Weights, and I have avoided doing it until now because I thought it would be like Travel Fit. But it wasn’t. It was four cardio segments, one using the long band as a marker, one the loop on the legs for cardio, weights ala X10, and the Discs. It finished with a quick core segment. It was really good and flew by because of all the variety. Glad I tried it.

Tami, sounds like a good spin class.....and I am glad Katy kept everything where it was supposed to be. :#:) Sounds like she was really pushing it.

Thelma, sorry to hear about another long day. Good choice not working out if you didn’t eat all day. And no wonder you were so tired! Hope you got some rest last night and have a good weekend.

Laurie, great job with the workouts! Cathe doesn’t joke around with her weights in Push/Pull so great job! I really like the idea of a Push/Pull month and already have jotted down some note on how I want to approach it. I will probably stick with Cathe for the month, but I am still doing some thinking on it. But I think it will be an interesting change. I am not surprised Jillian has a lot of workouts in this format because when I used to listen to her podcast (back about 8 years ago!), the front/back approach for strength training was always her primary recommendation. But until Fit Split, I had never really done it. I am anxious to try more.

Enjoy the weekend.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ No workout last night afterall, DH got home earlier from his meeting than I thought. I did get some laundry done and folded however and dinner going, so that was productive! This a.m. was F|S Pull and I added on the Muscle Meltdown Back after that. Will head to Spinning after work tonight.

Thelma: I am so sorry for you my friend, what an exhausting week. I hope this weekend you get some really good sleep and just relax.

Laurie: Great combo this a.m.! way to work. Glad your commute to work was ok. Enjoy the weekend and your stretch tomorrow.

Laurel: YOUCH on the upper body DOMS. Sometimes going ahead with the workout and lifting can help I think, especially if it isn’t an injury soreness. Good job getting that done. The Cardio Band Blast workout sounds great! Yes, I think she was pushing it …. She will sometimes say things like that but not really be ready to “throw up” so I think it was one of those moments. I’ll be anxious to hear your thoughts on the Push/Pull approach to a rotation. You guys are always so good at getting those workouts coordinated.

Have a great weekend ladies ~ until Monday! Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi ladies, I hope you had a nice weekend. I was able to get some rest and much-needed exercise. On Friday I did KCM L2BF Legs & Glutes, treadmill. On Saturday I did another good Jessica Smith workout called Feel Good Fusion and today I did Fit Split Pull Day and walking on the treadmill. I was able to go up on weights in a couple of exercises and I was actually lifting a heavier barbell than Cathe on the deadlifts! That's a first for me! LOL
    BTW, the doctor's appointment I had last week was a dermatology appointment because my hair is falling. I got a skin test which was good. The doctor thinks my hair loss is hereditary and told me to use Rogaine so I will give it a try. I think the stress at work is probably a factor too.

Laurie, awesome job with your workouts and for keeping up with Cathe!

Laurel, amazing workouts! Great job pushing yourself above and beyond! I hope your DOMS are better.

Tami, great workouts!
    I did get lots of sleep this weekend. I hope this won't be too hard.

Have a wonderful week ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Had a very enjoyable weekend, but Saturday wasn't a good day for exercise. I ended up not doing my stretch until Sunday with GHUTV Yoga Flow. So this morning was L2BF Workout 1, chest, back, shoulders & abs. I added on the GHUTV 10 Min. Kettle Bell workout. Loved that one, it really got my heart rate up. We have been cleaning our basement, so going through some boxes and bins. I have to do some scanning of some patterns, don't need to keep magazines just for one pattern. ;) We received more snow on Sunday, so apparently this is above average for our snowfall.

Laurel, Good for you doing that workout, but making sure that your body could handle it. Sounds like a really good live workout too, so the moral of your story is that it is probably worth the effort to try a workout even though you think it might not be worth it. ;) I have a few of those types of workout, so I will have to try them out and say ya or nay. Awesome, glad that someone will be joining me for my adventure into the front back combo.

Tami, Good job on your workouts! It is nice that you can just chill on some evenings, I have to do that once in a while too. Now that is another option, to do one muscle a day, will have to research that too. I know that we could choose just about any Cathe workout for that option. I'm enjoying these 4 week segments, it isn't as daunting for me. Like a mini rotation.

Thelma, Great job on the workouts, and using Cathe weight for the deadlift! So sorry to hear that your hair is falling out. You are probably right that the stress doesn't help that either. I will ask my dd if she has any recommendations for hair products that may help. She helped my DH with his itchy scalp issue. It is wonderful not to hear DH scratching his head ALL the time. :p

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! We had another quiet weekend here, which was nice. Saturday I did Jessica Smith Relax and Recover, and it was perfect on my sore body. Yesterday was S&H Chest/Back, and despite still feeling some soreness in my shoulders, I went up with the weights in all categories! Felt good to finish that workout on a strong note. For cardio, I did Cardio Core Circuit. Today was S&H Legs and Shoulders followed by Cathe Live 100 Episode workout, which is good fun. We are supposed to get some snow, so I am planning an afternoon workout using the snow shovel as well. ;)

Tami, it is always nice to catch up on household chores. Sounds like a good use of your time on Thursday. After we get back next week, I will probably try to put together a plan for Push/Pull. I kind of want to do the second part of the week (the second part being the non-Fit Split workouts) as a contrast in style to the Fit Split workouts (kind of like we are doing this month with the two lifting styles). But since I have only done FS Push/Pull once, I need to do them again (which I plan to do this week) and then see if I want to contrast them with heavier workouts or more endurance based workouts. Since you have done them more, I’d love to hear your thoughts!

Thelma, glad you got a chance to relax and get some workouts in. Great job with increasing the weights like that! I have hereditary hair loss as well. When we first moved to Florida, I really thought I might be going bald! The only thing I have done is take Biotin and try to take it easy on my hair product-wise. But stress is definitely a trigger for me. Hope you find something that works for you. Let us know!

Laurie, great workouts. Yes, I have definitely come across some great workouts by forcing myself to do ones I have been avoiding forever. P90X and Body Beast both fall into that category! I love the idea of one body part per day for a month, but I would probably partner that with circuit and other cardio workouts. In other words, I would do something like the ICE series with adding the Muscle Meltdown to the cardio workouts. I did that during my circuit weeks in the LGI8 rotation and really like that. What are your thoughts?

See you tomorrow!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Weekend was good and went by way too fast however! I guess they all do though lol. Friday Spin was a fun one and a good group there, Sat. I did KCM Trim & Tone Intervals followed by Stretch Yoga Fusion: Dynamic Stretch. Yesterday in the a.m. I met my friend for coffee at this great place right by my house, ran to Costco and when I got home DH had the yearly project of TAXES spread out in the area near my workout space so I didn’t get to workout. However, he did (after 2 years of periodically asking …. I’m not very pushy at all so if he doesn’t do something I just casually mention it again) well, he switched out my mounted workout TV for a bigger one that he had out in our trailer. So I now have a nice TV for my workouts. The other one was fine, just pretty small. Today’s workout will be BootCamp and then tomorrow I will pick up where I should be with our rotation. Can’t believe it is our 4th week in this grouping.

Thelma: I am glad you were able to get some sleep this weekend. Sounds like you got some great workouts in as well. Yay. I am sorry to hear about your hair as well, that has to feel very frustrating. I’m sure the stress doesn’t help forsure with that. I hope the Rogaine helps.

Laurie: Sounds like a nice Sunday stretch and great combo yesterday! Way to go. Yes, I agree on some evenings just being “normal” vs getting home right around 7:00 and hurrying to shower, eat, clean up, visit with DH and go to bed. WOW on all of your snow you have been getting lately. We have had really cold temps again (compared to what it was) but very blue sky. It is supposed to snow on Wednesday though, but only 2 -3”.

Laurel: Fabulous workouts! Great job finishing out those S&H workouts and lifting heavier sounds like each week. That sounds like a great plan to do the 2nd half of the week as “non” Fit|Split workouts like we have been doing this week. I think it would provide a good variety to the push|pull workouts.

Have a great evening ladies ~ talk to you tomorrow!
    Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Laurel, great workouts!! So glad you found another good Jessica Smith workout.
    I am wondering if I was losing more hair because my scalp has been irritated for the last 2 months due to the black henna I was adding to my usual mix. So glad I figured out I was allergic to the black henna because the doctor had told me not to color my hair anymore. I am NOT ready to go gray yet. So this weekend I tried my old brown henna and my scalp is fine. Thank God! I take biotin but clearly, it's not helping! This month I really felt like I was going bald. I hope I can stop the hair loss. My grandmother had lots of thick hair as a young woman. I remember as she got older her hair became very thin and at some point in time, she thought she was going bald too. She used fresh aloe vera sap on her scalp and it stopped the hair loss. I can't remember if it stimulated hair growth. Of course in El Salvador, she had access to huge aloe vera plants!

Tami, glad you had a good weekend! Awesome workouts. Is that stretch yoga fusion workout a Jessica Smith one? Thank God DH takes care of all the tax paperwork around here! Congrats on the bigger workout tv. I got that last year. About 2 years ago I bought this small smart tv which DH uses as a computer monitor now. He bought himself this ginormous tv last year and the big one we had in the living room was moved to our bedroom and the one I had in the bedroom went to the basement for my workouts. I love the bigger screen!
    The hair loss has been frustrating and depressing given that I had lots of thick, curly hair. I hope I'm able to stop the hair loss. I am convinced the stress is a factor for me.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

No workout last night, got home to late. This morning I did L2BF Workout 2, which is legs & glutes, bi's & tri's. I used my weighted vest for the legs, so we shall see how they feel tomorrow. I'm already feeling the inner thigh. I followed that workout with GHUTV 10 Min. Vinyasa Flow Yoga.

Laurel, That is a great stretching workout, I have tried that one too. Awesome job on all your workouts, and I hope that your snow shoveling workout isn't to bad. ;) I like your thoughts on the one body part, that way we get in some more circuit type workout into this mix. I will be interested in what you and Tami come up with for the push/pull month. Sure is fun coming up with different mixes for us to try. If I remember correctly ICE MM workouts are giant sets correct? Just want to make sure that I'm thinking correctly.

Tami, Nice job on your workouts! Glad that you got to spend some time with your gf, and then having a bigger tv. It sure does make a difference to have a larger screen to look at, I know I love mine. Time is flying with the segments, next week a new 4 week stretch. Hope your bootcamp class was a good one.

Thelma, I asked my dd about any product that she was given as a recommendation from her classes. She said that this product is something that doctors are not aware of but gets results. She said that your hair stylists should be able to get it for you cheaper. She said that you need to stimulate the hair follicle with the oil in this kit. The shampoo is actually the same shampoo that my dh is using. https://discountbeautycenter.com/products/surface-awaken-trio-box?variant=37450556678&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIlJKTyYWj2QIVQrbACh3uGgOJEAQYBCABEgLw4fD_BwE this is a video she indicated that would help explain what the product does. https://youtube.com/watch?v=-1VtmltFjKk Hope that helps. Oh she also said that this product is all natural, and vegan.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was S&H Triceps/Biceps, and I finished S&H on a strong note! It felt good. For cardio, I did Slow and Sweaty Cycle Sweat. Later.....more shoveling. The sunshine is gone and the snow is here.....for at least a couple of weeks. Even though it is 50 :o degrees warmer than last week.....I want my sunshine back! B) Oh well. One positive of shoveling is I gets lots of fresh air.

Tami, I laughed when you talked about your gentle reminders to DH. I do the same thing. But, sometimes, I get to my limit of ‘reminders’ (sometimes years, sometimes months) and then try to do things myself. Nothing gets DH moving faster than seeing me with his drill. :D Makes me laugh. Great workouts, as always!

Thelma, I, like you, once had very thick, curly hair. But no more. The same thing happened to my mom, it is happening to my oldest sister, etc. But my mom never went bald (minus when she was on chemo), so I take encouragement from that. I think I will stop coloring my hair by 60....just because. My hair loss is very seasonal as well. Hope the new henna helps.

Laurie, great workout! Hope your legs are okay tomorrow! Yes, the Muscle Meltdowns are Giant Sets.....five exercises per muscle group repeated three times. I think my favorite upper body workout for doing one body part per day is Ramped Up Upper Body. Cathe has premixes that include warm-up and cool down for all five upper body parts where you do each segment from the original workout three times. The lengths vary from 20-35ish minutes.....and really work the muscles hard!

See you tomorrow!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ We had a good BC class last night. Very different format but it was one of those that snuck up on you in the end. We did Squat Press with weights to Burpee, Step Ups with Weights to Tuck Jumps, Weighted Sit-ups, Russian Twists, Planks to Plank with one hand on weight, push-up. All of these exercises were done in progression and the ab work was for 1 min 45 seconds each. So it was a lot but all good stuff. This a.m. was RWH Chest/Shoulders/Tris Extreme Pre-mix and tonight will be Insane X after work. Loved my “big screen”. DH felt pretty proud of himself when he saw me smiling over it! :)

Thelma: I have heard good things about Aloe as well for hair, coconut oil too …… I hope you can find just the right shampoo and/or treatment since you are catching the problem right away. I am sure it is very frustrating/depressing. I am so sorry. Fingers crossed you can stop and improve the situation. I agree with the stress level being a HUGE factor in it all as well. OMG the larger TV makes such a difference. I used to tease him that he had a giant tv in the trailer for the 1.5 months he was gone fishing and I still had a little tiny one that I used nearly everyday year-round. (hint hint) So he is glad to let me have it. I do know what is next though …. A different “new” one for the trailer or he will take the one in our bedroom and we will replace that one. LOL I will look and see the instructors name again on that Yoga. It isn’t Jessica, although I have one of hers and really enjoy it, would love to do more of her Yoga workouts.

Laurie: Excellent job with your Legs & Glutes workout this a.m. along with the Yoga. The bigger tv is amazing! I feel spoiled now. LOL Maybe I will try an online workout like you ladies one of these days. Would need to plug my Ipad into the TV to make that happen however; it isn’t a SMART TV, but does have additional HDMI plug ins I noticed right on the side.

Laurel: Congrats on finishing up your S&H! Great job getting in your Cycle workout as well. Getting more accustomed to your spin bike now? What a long winter for you ….. I guess you knew that going in, but still. Glad you get to enjoy some fresh air with all that shoveling. Yes, “Gentle Reminders” is how I roll with him. A “Honey Do List” is definitely not his style. LOL I have often tried to do various things on my own, because of course when he is gone fishing I need to try and figure things out, he always feels guilty and says “Why didn’t you ask me?” Ummmmm well :| So eventhough I asked, waited, hinted, waited, it took 2+ years but it is installed and great! Again, he was obviously very proud of what he did for me this a.m. when he saw the joy on my face. He said I deserve to have something very nice for my workouts because he knows how much I love them. Awwwwww <3:)

Have a great afternoon ladies ~ talk to you tomorrow! Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, tonight was literally push day! I got home and wasn't really tired. It was more an I feel sorry for myself day so I didn't feel like working out. So I decided to push myself with Fit Split Push - Mixed Impact Cardio - Just Pull, Walking on Treadmill. I was so happy when I finished not so much because I had pushed myself but simply because the workout had finally ended. LOL

Laurie, great job getting your workout in on Tuesday morning!
    Thanks so much for asking your DD about that hair product! I'm going to check it out this weekend. I have a haircut appointment next week so perfect timing! I wonder if my hair stylist will be willing to get me these products.

Laurel, awesome combo! Sounds like you're having a heatwave! We should hit temps in the high 40's tomorrow. I don't think my grandmother went bald but her hair did get pretty thin. I rather have thin hair as long as I don't have bald spots. I think that I'll stop coloring my hair the moment I retire. It's a pain in the neck having to do this every 2 weeks.

Tami, great workouts! Wow, that BC class sounds like another killer class!
    I've heard good things about coconut oil too and I tried it before but it didn't do anything for me. I was about to try an egg hair treatment. I've heard good things about egg treatments. I remember doing an egg treatment when I was a teenager and remember. I worry about my hair smelling like eggs though! LOL. I found a treatment that only uses egg white. That sounds more doable. Thanks for the good wishes!
    The large TV makes a huge difference with workouts. It's one of those "how did I survive without a large tv in the workout room!" moments! LOL
    I found that you don't really need a smart tv if you have cable tv. Our cable provider has these widgets and one of is YouTube and that is how I find my workout online workouts. It's like searching for a tv show. If you have a laptop you can get an HDMI cable and connect the laptop to the tv. If you have an iPad you need to get a special connector which after a lot of research I found. If you need that info let me know. You would still need the HDMI cable though.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

No workout last night, had to change my clothes and head to church to put up the cross for Ash Wednesday. Got home, and heated up some leftovers. I have to confess that I screwed up my workouts this week, so I couldn't do a leg workout this morning, and the upper body was out also. :s I started out with GHUTV 10 Min. No Running Cardio (really good and free to view on the site), did another workout 10 Min. Pilates Yoga Fusion, and then did L2BF Abs. Since I really haven't done a solid ab workout this phase, I thought this would be a good option. ;) My legs do have DOMS this morning, but I'm walking fine. :D I will do the weighted vest again for leg work, since it really did work the legs good.

Laurel, You where in a Slow mood yesterday, great job! :D Nice that you had a good time with the SH workouts, I have felt the same way with L2BF. They are workouts that I will do again at some point. Thanks for the info on those workouts, now I have to think about how I want to do these one body parts. You are making me really trend toward the Ramped up workouts, because doing them for a double or triple the round would really work the muscles. Now the wheels are running around in my brain. :D Dang on not having sunshine, we are having a sunny day today.

Tami, Nice bc class, and of course getting in your workout with your big screen. Little things like that make my day so much better. You will be fine with the IPad and HDMI port, I do that all the time with the GHUTV workouts. They are not on youtube, so it works better doing it that way. I'm sure that you will have a bunch of workouts to try out, and if you follow 2Lazy4Gym, she has a bunch of workouts that she has reviewed on youtube. She recently started reviewing Yvette Bachman workouts, they look really good. The only problem is that they are an hour or more.

Thelma, Awesome job on pushing yourself to workout, even with that feeling. I hope that your hair stylist can get you that product also, it would be so much better than doing the Rogaine. We are suppose to warm up today too, so some of this snow should melt. I'm sure we are not done with this weather though, because March is usually our worst month for snow.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Well, the shoveling about did me in yesterday. Very unusual conditions here with temps near freezing and lots of gusty wind resulted in a foot of very heavy, wet snow over most of our driveway. Took me over two hours to clear it and my arms and back were screaming at the end. But I did it! However, the energy level isn’t quite there today.....especially since it is snowing again. So my workout was slightly shorter but really enjoyable. I did Fit/Split Boxing Bootcamp Doubled and Legs and Glutes premix followed by the Fit/Split Core work. A solid 90 minutes of good stuff.

Tami, sounds like an interesting Bootcamp class. Love the variety. So glad you are enjoying your new TV. It makes a big difference, doesn’t it? I had a tiny TV until we moved here....and I love being able to see everything so much better. I got my adapter for hooking up my iPad to the TV from Amazon.com. I think Thelma got one that also charges your iPad while it is playing, and I wish I had done that as well. Some videos do chew through the battery a bit. But it works great for my Cathe Live workouts as well as the YouTube yoga workouts I have done. I echo what Thelma said about not needing a smart TV is you have this option. Your DH sounds sweet being pleased with putting up your TV. :)

Thelma, great workout!! Sounds like pushing through it yesterday was what you needed. You do your hair every two weeks? I have gotten so bad that I go six weeks now! :o In the summer when it grows faster I will back that down a bit. But letting it grow a bit this winter has me realizing just how grey it is....and has me wondering if I might not just like it that way. :o But I am not quite ready for that.....yet.

Laurie, sounds like a great workout despite the ‘mess up’. Great job getting the core work in too. Glad I got the wheels turning in the brain! Looking forward to putting together some ideas! I love knowing we are going to continue, though. I am not panicking about ‘what’s next?’ anymore. :D

See you tomorrow!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, no workout for me tonight. I got home too late and felt very tired.

Laurie, great job getting those 10-minute workouts! What are you doing for the next rotation? I saw that you posted something last week but I'm not sure if you're following that rotation.

Laurel, great workouts today and awesome job shoveling that heavy snow. Can you please post what you're planning on doing for the next phase of the rotation. I am not prepared for next week yet.
    I have to do my hair every two weeks because henna washes out every time you shampoo your hair. I shampoo 3 times a week. When I was home during my Xmas vacation I let it go and it made realize how much gray I have. I didn't like it at all!

Hi Tami, this is the iPad adapter I got:

Lightning Digital AV Adapter
    by Apple Computer
    Link: http://a.co/6DHE7wP

Good night ladies!
    Thelma