Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• htebaram
    htebaram Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I'm new to this site and could use the support. I've got a long way to go to get anywhere near my weight loss goal, well over 150 lbs. :cry:
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Good morning everybody.

Welcome htebaram!:drinker:

I feel better and I am at work today!:happy:

608_zps5bd47bc9.jpg

Happy Donald Duck Day - commemorates the debut appearance of Donald Duck on June 9th 1934,
    when he featured in the Silly Symphony cartoon The Wise Little Hen.

“Whenever you do a thing, act as if all the world were watching.” ~Thomas Jefferson

Tom
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday..... It was a hard food weekend with all the running for graduations and my son's bday. Yep my son is now an adult he turned 18 yesterday.

Thanks for all the graduation thoughts.

@Susan- kenzie is 6'5" and wears a 13 shoe. I feel super short next to him and I am basically slow running when I walk places with him.
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    @htebaram - Welcome! Just take it one day at a time. Make today a successful day and start slowly. If you're not used to exercise then just walk for 10 minutes today, 15 tomorrow and before you know it you will be looking forward to those walks.

One other bit of advice is ... If you bite it, write it!! Log everything you put in your mouth. This will make you think twice about the choices you're making and help you to be mindful of what your eating. Old habits are hard to break but over time you will figure out what's worth the calories. Add me as a friend if you would like extra support:smile:
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    June 1 - 2.00
    June 2 - 2.06
    June 3 - 2.49
    June 4 - 2.67
    June 5 - 4.00
    June 6 - 2.34
    June 7 - 0.66
    June 8 - 1.41

Goal: 17.63 / 75

@Susan...I think one of the hard things is that at the age that Cyrus and Jacob are at is that average doesn't cut it in sports anymore. I really wish that kids that played travel ball wouldn't play the other. It would give the "average" kids a chance to enjoy the sport. Jacob decided not to play baseball this year for that reason. It's too bad too because like Cyrus, Jacob has loved baseball since he was two. IMO, my money is just as good as the next person's money and the coaches should treat them all equal when they are in a non-travel team.

@Nettie...3 jobs -- blessing or curse? :laugh: I'm sure as you get in a rhythm, things will smooth out.

@Tom...sorry to hear about you and Amy...yuck!

@Katrena...kayaking is fine at our weight. The most awkward part is getting in and out of the kayak without looking too bad. :blushing:

@Tanya...great job on the "real" push-ups. When I started with my trainer, I got two done. Now I'm up to 15.

@Tammy...enjoy your FIL's party. Congrats on a size smaller!!

@Robin...enjoy the kayaking...it is a great upper body workout.

@Kaye...what a wonderful mission/opportunity for your GD.

@L2T...I always try to get my house in order before I go away and it never seems to work. :grumble: Good luck on getting ready. What day do you leave for Boston?

AFM...I'm doing okay. I had a lazy weekend after the in-laws left. It was rainy/gloomy so I spent quite a bit of time reading. Love that! I'm getting back to working out (two weeks off now due to travel and company). Tonight, we meet our trainer and I'm sure she'll love putting me through the paces that I've missed. I finally got up the courage to get on the scale this morning after my two weeks of not great eating and no working out -- up 0.6 pounds.

Well that's about it...off to get some water in this body! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Have a great Monday!!!
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Ugh. It was a pretty bad food weekend for me. Didn't even log everything. Will be back later to update mileage.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @holly--I also meant to ask if your son was really tall or if you are really short--I see it is the former. Great picture of you two! :smile:
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Up 4 lbs on the scale, which I know is not a true gain. I'm cutting my calories by 200 a day this week to make up for it. Then back to normal next week. Lots of fruit and veggies this week!

I'm also going to look for a recipe for frozen protein pops... I know they are out there... and it's warming up...

June goal:25 miles (running only)

6/1: 1.9
    6/3: 2
    6/5: 2.5
    6/8: 2.5 (dammmm... my hip hurts :grumble: )

Total: 8.9
  • aimeemarie150
    aimeemarie150 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    6/1: 1.0
    6/2: rest
    6/3: 20.37
    6/4: rest :( it rained
    6/5: 21.35
    6/6: 5
    6/7: 1.37
    6/8: 2.53
    6/9: 5

Total: 56.62
    Goal: 150 miles
  • moonbeams896
    moonbeams896 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Can I join? I'm only walking 1-2 mi/day, but I'd like to start increasing it. This looks like a great place to stay motivated
  • armaines420
    armaines420 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Monday check In! I still haven't stepped on the scale. I plan on only using the one at my doctors office. :) Walking is still limited for me, BUT....today I danced up a storm for 20 minutes straight! I tried something new today. I logged all planned foods into my diary this morning. I was under goal and even ommiting some things! I even traded my parmeseam cheese for a spicy v8 and saved about 100 calories!! I'm so full!!
  • jodyblanchard
    jodyblanchard Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    This is a great board. Thanks for being here. I am one month in and unmotivated right now. Hopefully things will get better.
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new faces stopping by! :flowerforyou:

Just a goals update:

June Goal: 130 miles
    6/1: 2.52
    6/2: 1.48
    6/3: 1.50
    6/4: 5.38
    6/5: 5.83
    6/6: 2.58
    6/7: 5.47
    6/8: 2.73
    6/9: 1.73

Sleep Goal: 20/30 days with 7 hrs
    5/20
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Mileage

6/1 - 0
    6/2 - .75
    6/3 - .75
    6/4 - 2.6
    6/5 - 2.5
    6/6 - 1.25
    6/7 - .75
    6/8 - 0
    6/9 - 1.5

10.1 / 45
  • KATRENAJ
    KATRENAJ Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Good day today. Mellow and I went to water aerobics for an hour

Mileage 2
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    bump
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Mileage for 6/9: 5.37

Welcome to the new ones popping in. You are part of the group, no friend request needed. Just keep coming by and participating. This is a great group of people.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Home from my trip! Mileage update and catching up with everyone after a solid 8 hours of sleep. :)

Not looking forward to tomorrow's weigh in... I've tracked my food my whole trip and managed to stay under every day but maybe one, and that day I only went over by (maybe) a couple hundred... Of course, my guesses could be totally wrong and I was over by 500 every day, who knows with all the 'mystery meals.' But I didn't go crazy, so I'll call that a victory. :)
  • littleshadowfeet
    littleshadowfeet Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    June 1 - 3 miles
    June 3 - 3 miles
    June 6 - 4 miles
    June 7 - 2 miles
    June 8 - 4 miles
    June 9 - 2.5 miles

Total: 18.5 miles
    June goal: 75 miles
  • NaomiGibbins
    NaomiGibbins Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,

Happy belated birthday Laurie. Sounds like a good day. I am sure you deserve it. Hope you are feeling better soon.

I'll post some pics of our bonnie next weekend. Kaye, it'll be quite large, but as we have no close neighbors we don't have to worry too much. Also, it's winter, so no real worries about fire getting away. We love our marshmallows on sticks, personally I think they're the best part!

Jenette, can't believe you are doing 3 jobs! How tired you must be. Stay well.:flowerforyou:

Painted, we also have an english mastiff, Caesar, but he was the runt of his litter and only weighs about 40 kg/80 lb.

Welcome to the newlings. Just jump in, this is a great bunch of people. I am pretty irregular at posting, but love to read and keep up with everyone's news.

Have a great Wednesday everyone (when you wake up that is:laugh: )

Naomi xx