Daily Gratitudes and Accomplishments

Options

Replies

• treesha450
    treesha450 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I am grateful to finally getting my motivation back to stick to my diet and lose the weight I regained in time for my wedding, which isn't till November..but positive thinking here !
  • gaylebodine
    gaylebodine Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Today I am thankful that the power was only off in our area for about an hour. 100 degrees here in Denver today, I suspect that had something to do with it.
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Today I am thankful that the power was only off in our area for about an hour. 100 degrees here in Denver today, I suspect that had something to do with it.

YIKES. and i thought it was hot here in NC. Glad your power came back after an hour!
    Tonight, I am grateful i just logged in to say hello, after a 3 week plus absence.
  • dlm4mom
    dlm4mom Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Today is FIRST TIME I have walked 10,000 steps and stayed within my calories in the same day. Very very hard to do but I finally did it.
    10,000 steps is a lot more than I expected. Are most people usually able to do this? It took a lot of conscious effort
  • 68myra
    Options
    dlm4mom wrote: »
    Today is FIRST TIME I have walked 10,000 steps and stayed within my calories in the same day. Very very hard to do but I finally did it.
    10,000 steps is a lot more than I expected. Are most people usually able to do this? It took a lot of conscious effort

WOOHOO! Congrats! It is only easy for me on days I have a running date. Doing regular daily activities, I find 10,000 a challenge. On days I get to garden though, I find I walk a LOT more than I expected. Keep up the good work!
  • 68myra
    Options
    Today, I am very grateful my third child (6th grade) was offered a last minute spot at a charter school not too far from our home. I am relieved to know she will be adequately challenged, at least for the next three years! Whew.
  • 68myra
    Options
    treesha450 wrote: »
    I am grateful to finally getting my motivation back to stick to my diet and lose the weight I regained in time for my wedding, which isn't till November..but positive thinking here !

Yay! Good for you and keep that motivation strong(ish). I truly benefit from the positive and supportive individuals here
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    Today I am grateful to gt a report that I do not have heart or lung disease.
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    68myra wrote: »
    Today, I am very grateful my third child (6th grade) was offered a last minute spot at a charter school not too far from our home. I am relieved to know she will be adequately challenged, at least for the next three years! Whew.

Congrats! My son with through primary school (1st - 8) at a GT charter school and it was so great for him to be with his kind. Few bullies, lots of support.
  • sparkle_313
    sparkle_313 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling to feel grateful today but I will be grateful for my career and the grocery shopping we were able to do yesterday. I feel lucky to be able to so that.
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    Today I feel grateful that I've reconnected with hope, purpose and vision.
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    Today I'm grateful to have picked up a key for my new workshop venue.
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    Today I am grateful that my son has completed his summer college term. Man, that was a lot of drama! But think he learned a lot about writing an essay in a slightly more focused way. Grateful that I almost have my handouts done for my Sunday class.
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    Today I am grateful for having a chance to spend time with my friend Tisa.
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    Today I am grateful that my son is ending up cheerful despite 2 doses of bad news today.
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    Today I'm grateful for staying in calories and having a good walk.
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    Today I'm grateful that I got an appointment at the Chinese Medicine Clinic.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Today I kept a civil tongue in my mouth about 100% better than yesterday - which left a lot of latitude, but was a definite improvement. For that I am grateful.
  • NH_1970
    NH_1970 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Today I am grateful that I am still on the mend and not ill anymore and am off meds. I am also grateful that I got to nap after work. And saw my daughter.
  • 68myra
    Options
    Today I feel grateful that I've reconnected with hope, purpose and vision.

WOW! that's a mouthful! AWESOME.
    thanks, Gayle, for the charter school encouragement :) as you can imagine, it's been busy, establishing new routines, etc. but we are loving every minute of it!

Today I am SO very grateful that the "new to me" drug I'm trying for "treatment resistant depression" is playing nice. I have some side-effects to work through, but my mood is better than it has been .... um..... ever?