Daily Gratitudes and Accomplishments

Options

Replies

• gaylebodine
    gaylebodine Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Today I'm grateful for getting up to speed with new job (or beginning to) and also that no one was shot!
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    This evening, I am so very grateful for public school, and that tomorrow is a school day! :-)
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    Today I am grateful that I'm feeling better and got my studio and office 3/4 cleared.
  • HG93022
    HG93022 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am grateful that I found this thread and am inspired. I am grateful that I feel good about a goal to lose a pound a week by feeding my body more nutritious foods and not by starving myself in between unhealthy foods.
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    Today I am grateful for starting a new job and getting a hand-me-down second monitor, it's great!
  • YepLilly
    YepLilly Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Today I am grateful that I found this thread and that I had time to work on some pending medical and financial paperwork.

Today's accomplishments: prepping healthy lunches for today and tomorrow!
  • YepLilly
    Options
    Today I am grateful for starting a new job and getting a hand-me-down second monitor, it's great!

Congrats on your new job! And good luck!
  • 68myra
    Options

Yay! Congrats on new job!
  • 68myra
    Options
    Today, I am grateful to be in a position to buy my adult son some groceries.
    I'm also grateful for my reliable vehicle.
  • 68myra
    Options
    HG93022 wrote: »
    I am grateful that I found this thread and am inspired. I am grateful that I feel good about a goal to lose a pound a week by feeding my body more nutritious foods and not by starving myself in between unhealthy foods.

I second that awesome goal! :-) you can do it!
  • 68myra
    Options
    68myra wrote: »

Ok, I already knew about the new part time job.... I had a "moment".

I'm grateful this thread has a forgiving audience! :-)
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    68myra wrote: »

Thanks! But just quit. It was a contract job and clear I was too slow so was going to be worth about .50 an hour, plus they take a month to pay! So I am going to have to really think about how to make money, as a retiree and not drive myself crazy or wear myself out and still be able to take my son to work and school and back each day. Interesting times.
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    Today I am grateful for having the courage to admit that something is not a fit for me without feeling (entirely) like a failure. Great feeling of relief when I quit, but need to scramble for what's next, quick. Grateful that the door closes and the window opens (I'm watching for it).
  • YepLilly
    Options
    Today I am grateful that I didn't give in to office drama, which in turn made me realize I must be doing something right.

Accomplishments: I drank 8 cups of water, went back to the gym, and ate healthy!

• 68myra
    Options
    Today I am grateful for having the courage to admit that something is not a fit for me without feeling (entirely) like a failure. Great feeling of relief when I quit, but need to scramble for what's next, quick. Grateful that the door closes and the window opens (I'm watching for it).

I'm glad you had the insight to cut bait instead of banging your head against a brick wall.

I took a middle/high school teaching job once (music)..... lasted a month. I just wasn't cut out for it. I felt bad for quitting, but I landed on my feet and I'm sure whoever took my place was much better for those kids.

Keep the faith and something right for you will come along :-)
  • 68myra
    Options
    YepLilly wrote: »
    Today I am grateful that I didn't give in to office drama, which in turn made me realize I must be doing something right.

Accomplishments: I drank 8 cups of water, went back to the gym, and ate healthy!

Great way to start September! :-)
  • 68myra
    Options
    I am grateful for a dear friend in another state that gave me the reality check i needed this morning. thanks, Pal.
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    Thanks myra! Good for you about not getting sucked into the office drama.
    Today I am grateful for a good book and making progress with my job search. Stayed in calories today.
  • 68myra
    Options
    Today I am grateful for a sense of humor, and for my wonderful buddies who make me laugh!
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    Today I'm thankful for having the determination to stick with a "half the calories" day today. I do much better when I do one of these a week.