Daily Gratitudes and Accomplishments

Options

Replies

• bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Today I helped a woman who was new to town and ran out of gas. She had no family in town, didn't know where she was and looked totally lost. I stopped, gave her a ride to a gas station, brought her back to her car, helped her get the gas in the car. She took out a baggie with a couple of dollar bills in it and wanted to pay me something. I told her absolutely not...that I had been helped by others when I had flat tires and such and it was nice to be able to pay it forward. So, today, I'm grateful I have a job that allowed me to come in late so I could help her and I'm grateful I happened to take that way to work because it is not my normal route at all. I'm grateful to be able to help someone and have them tell me that I made their day.

That's wonderful.
  • bri170lb
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Today I am grateful that I get to have a day at home. Just sitting in my chair, enjoying my coffee and sharing in everyone's little victories.

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,357 Member
    Options
    bri170lb wrote: »
    Today I am grateful that I get to have a day at home. Just sitting in my chair, enjoying my coffee and sharing in everyone's little victories.

This sounds wonderful! I can't think of anywhere I'd rather be right now than home sipping coffee curled up with a good book. Have a great day.
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    i agree...... what a wonderful story :)

today, I am grateful for my husband. and i'm grateful for our veterans. and i'm grateful that, for today, i am actually functioning (it's been a while). AND, i'm grateful for the invention of swiffers. Today, I have discovered that there is a limit to how much dust one swiffer can hold. WHO KNEW????? :wink:
  • bri170lb
    Options
    68myra wrote: »
    Today, I have discovered that there is a limit to how much dust one swiffer can hold. WHO KNEW????? :wink:

Ok, that's weird, the same thing happened at my house!

• wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    3 grateful:
    * I have the day off, I'm in a coffee shop listening to a great album AND I found a squishy chair next to a wall outlet, AND I'm not tempted by ANY of the pastries. I think I might have kicked my sugar cravings.
    * I got asked to pick up more work with this same company in January (I'm freelance, and the holidays are usually tough to find work, so this will be a nice safety net
    * I'm grateful for the chance to reassess what I wasn't happy with yesterday and work on it today

1 accomplishment:

* I bravely made a joke in front of my camera crews and they cracked up (not an easy accomplishment)
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    today i am grateful for my sweet, old dog. she is feeling frisky this morning with the cooler weather. i took her for a short, slow walk off leash so she could sniff her little heart out. then she rolled in wild animal poop. LOL. Oh, i'm also grateful for my fenced back yard, where she is now ;)

there is no better dog than an old dog!!
  • StrawbC
    StrawbC Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Great Idea .... Today I'm grateful I found this group!!!
  • natyack
    natyack Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Today I am grateful that I have such loving, wonderful, supportive people in my life. They are a reminder to be the best version of myself that I can be each day.
  • gaylebodine
    gaylebodine Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Love your story OConnell!
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    Today I am grateful for getting through a very busy day (actually 1 hour more at work). Worked all three of my jobs today and now I'm tired! Also glad that the roads were OK today despite the snow.
  • 68myra
    Options
    Also glad that the roads were OK today despite the snow.

OK, Gayle, you just made me feel grateful I live in the south! :) i know the chicago wind is coming, but for now we have sunny 70's!

I am also grateful today that my health insurance allows me to see a physical therapist for my "movement errors"
  • bri170lb
    Options
    Today I am grateful that I am healthy and strong and motivated to reach my goals.

• gaylebodine
    Options
    Today I am grateful for inspiration and for a sunny day. Also grateful for my son who is trying to decide whether to be an Astrophysicist or a Chemical Engineer.
  • HG93022
    HG93022 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    HG93022 wrote: »
    I am grateful that I found this thread and am inspired. I am grateful that I feel good about a goal to lose a pound a week by feeding my body more nutritious foods and not by starving myself in between unhealthy foods.

I second that awesome goal! :-) you can do it!

I am thankful I ran across this thread again and saw that my post was commented on! I also am grateful to be reminded of my goal about eating healthier as opposed to simply restricting calories to lose weight.
  • bri170lb
    Options
    Today I am grateful that I have a brand new day and a brand new chance to move closer to my goals.

• 68myra
    Options
    Today I am grateful for good friends who can listen to you spew, take in the important bits and let the meaningless venting fly off in the breeze.
  • bitxbit
    bitxbit Posts: 1,465 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I am grateful that I have a tablet, & able to remain current with my MFP loggings, since my laptop is in some sort of "stall".
  • bri170lb
    Options
    Today I am grateful that my husband is so wonderful.

• gaylebodine
    Options
    Today I am grateful that my SoulCollage group is getting new members and we are beginning to create a good community.