Mean people on MFP

Options

Replies

• Miss_1999
    Miss_1999 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Miss_1999 wrote: »
    I wish you could meet some of my MFP friends then... they are some of the nicest people online I've ever met online :smiley: You can add me and my friends at any time. We are here to motivate... not hate!

I have awesome friends too... Though I'm pretty sure there are those who would disagree, and that's fine.

*vouches for the awesomeness of your friends and you being a friend and stuffs* :D

tumblr_m8n5iyjEla1rbdh0qo2_500.gif

8c386f194c802c868d37e385cfdf8663.jpg

• WorkoutJunkie1
    Options
    Mean people exist everywhere in the world, even online and on a forum based website like this. The best thing you can do to mean people is show them love and move on. You should always worry about you and do what is best for you. Don't let mean people's remarks get you down because mean people are mean because they are unhappy. :)
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Cute sock puppet!
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »
    So, the flag is for reporting. What if someone clicks flag by accident, can they unflag it? I guess I could test it on one of my own posts. If we want our own post deleted, do we flag it? Does that work?

There is an option to request your post to be deleted under the report option (under the flag).

And the flag gives you options - spam, report or abuse. The only number that ends up showing up is if you flag it as spam. I really don't understand people flagging posts as spam as they aren't. It's kind of like they are hoping to bait people or something.

You see it when it's flagged as abuse too, both of Miss_1999's posts are marked as abuse. I've got 10 abuse and 1 spam flags against me (the spam one was done as a joke in another thread).

Ohhh! I stand corrected. I hadn't tested the abuse one yet (I just figured it was like the report button but with more options). That's kind of crap in itself and wouldn't it be the same thing as reporting users for whatever reason? Why have a second button to show something that, in a way, breaks MFP's own rule (inciting drama within the community).

*shrugs*

At least they've gotten the quote thing figured out so you can see who said what, I guess :laugh:

I'm waiting for a "This hurts my feelers" option, or "I disagree, so I'm going to flag this post in hopes a mod will side with me".
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    This is all so confusing. I'm trying to understand all these flags and stuff but so far all I get are images of braveheart and joan of arc and stuff. Maybe I should just start being nice.

Nah.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    I tried to flag my own post for abuse and it said, "You can't react to your own posts".
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I tried to flag my own post for abuse and it said, "You can't react to your own posts".

I don't know why, but this made me lol hard. :laugh:

• BinaryPulsar
    Options

I don't know why, but this made me lol hard. :laugh:

:laugh:
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options

No self-flagellation?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    lorib642 wrote: »

No self-flagellation?

mEp24.gif
  • Miss_1999
    Options
    Cute sock puppet!

Thanks! I put those on mah BFF's Facebook for her birthday last year! She's a teacher and loves sock puppets, those just cracked me up!
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    lorib642 wrote: »

No self-flagellation?

mEp24.gif

I love Pinkie Pie!

pinkie_pie_funny_face_by_iks83-d4mklau.gif
  • Miss_1999
    Options
    This is all so confusing. I'm trying to understand all these flags and stuff but so far all I get are images of braveheart and joan of arc and stuff. Maybe I should just start being nice.

Nah.

Oh heavens no! And here, to cleanse all of those thoughts out of your head, here's a nice photo of Caligula and Caesonia. They'll encourage you to be good and naughty again! Like Caligula said, "Let them hate me, so long as they fear me!" He was the best of them all! :p

fdccb7862ec8453a2bfce8925e9f13c6.jpg

• Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    It's all fun and games until the person is standing in front of you. Then, it's not so easy to be mean. :disagree:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b9rOji_PWY
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

Nah.

Oh heavens no! And here, to cleanse all of those thoughts out of your head, here's a nice photo of Caligula and Caesonia. They'll encourage you to be good and naughty again! Like Caligula said, "Let them hate me, so long as they fear me!" He was the best of them all! :p

caligula sounds nasty.
  • Miss_1999
    Options

Nah.

caligula sounds nasty.

They were all horrible! Every one of those Julio-Claudian Emperors! But I did like Empress Caesonia. I thought she was pretty cool. As far as the *movie* Caligula- yeah, it was a little *graphic* to say the least, but I LOVE Helen Mirren and Malcolm McDowell, so I did enjoy their acting, even if the movie itself was a complete disaster, they were awesome.

• MyChocolateDiet
    Options

Nah.

caligula sounds nasty.

They were all horrible! Every one of those Julio-Claudian Emperors! But I did like Empress Caesonia. I thought she was pretty cool. As far as the *movie* Caligula- yeah, it was a little *graphic* to say the least, but I LOVE Helen Mirren and Malcolm McDowell, so I did enjoy their acting, even if the movie itself was a complete disaster, they were awesome.
    no the word sounds like a sex act. caligula
  • Miss_1999
    Options

Nah.

caligula sounds nasty.

no the word sounds like a sex act. caligula

*LOL* I'm cracking up! I gotcha! I thought you were talking about the person, and I was gonna say yeah, you're right. He was nasty, and the movie was too. But the name, I can see where it would sound nasty, too!

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Sweet, I haven't seen a mean people thread in a while.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    hansolo420 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I posted in a forum on this site yesterday with some questions regarding eating habits. I received a private message from a very mean person saying very mean things that are not meant for a support site, or ever really. Is there anything I can do (besides blocking the user) so they cant do this to anyone else? This is supposed to be a supportive community. I am very disappointed.

You can report their PM to a mod. Rachel, Olivia, Ninerbuff, Psulemon, Darkon, Gemma. There are more but I don't recall right now.

Sorry someone felt the need to be that mean to you for whatever reason. People seem to think they own this site just because they spend all day everyday on here. It's lame.
    What's interesting is the rate that those whiny angry messages have been going out.

It seems like the frequency upped with the new forum style. I've been on this site for however long. Never a peep out of the cretins. New forum style comes out, and i'm posting nicer commentary... two angry pms from people who can barely spell. It's like... lulwut.

At the end of the day, screw em.