Serious Question for MILFS (pics)

Options

Replies

• billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Do you know what MILF means? Because it seems like a really odd choice considering what your topic wound up being about.

THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :noway:

Yes I know what a MILF is. I was asking about my wife springing a harness on my child as I was about to go for a walk. (we don't have sidewalks in my neighborhood). Why would I ask non-mothers about child stuff? Doesn't make sense. :huh:
  • MistynVT
    MistynVT Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    i would do what is best for you and your family, and the safety of your children. As to what anybody might think or feel about it, it's not any of their business. :)
  • tschaff04
    tschaff04 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Just babywear!

This for the win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:
  • tschaff04
    Options
    Do you know what MILF means? Because it seems like a really odd choice considering what your topic wound up being about.

Yes I know what a MILF is. I was asking about my wife springing a harness on my child as I was about to go for a walk. (we don't have sidewalks in my neighborhood). Why would I ask non-mothers about child stuff? Doesn't make sense. :huh:

Umm, I am not sure you *do* know what a milf is then. You can ask mothers without asking MILFS. Just ask the ugly ones. :wink: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    It really depends on the child and if they have a tendency to wander. Mine always have that tendency, so I have used them for years. I have 4 kids, but 3 of them are little. I am a single mom so I never have enough hands for all of them. So I use the harnesses. If they weren't in a stroller and could walk, they were on a harness. I don't use them in the grocery store (because the rule is that they hang onto the side of the cart or they ride in it, period) or at the doctor's office. But if we are in a mall, amusement park, renaissance fair, or anything like it, I use the harnesses.

I struggle with self-esteem and am self-conscious about the way I look, but when it comes to the safety of my kids, I don't give a damn what other people think. I am hanging onto my kids, I don't care if you scoff at me or not. I have seen people with their 2 year old kids walking alongside them in a crowd and the kids getting bumped into or knocked down because the adult is not hanging onto them. I am the one who takes care of my kids and I choose what I believe is right or best for them. Judgmental people are no concern of mine when it comes to my kids.

Happy day to you! :flowerforyou:
  • unifil
    unifil Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    2msrfF6.jpg

or leashes

THIS!!!!!! Kids are no dogs! If you can't handle your children get help! And yes, I have two kids myself.
  • tschaff04
    Options
    MILF

Web definition

MILF, an acronym for "Mother I'd Like to F***", is a common colloquial term generally regarded as vulgar when spelled out....
  • RushBabe214
    RushBabe214 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    2msrfF6.jpg

or leashes

:drinker:
  • AnnElizabeth11
    Options
    I was against them for the longest time, then my first child started walking, the next day she was running. She's 18months, and If she broke away from you at the grocery store or walking somewhere holding onto her hand, she was gone. I was walking with her through a parking lot and she broke away from me and god bless she almost got hit by car backing out of a parking spot cause they couldn't see her. I got her a harness the same day. It's been a huge help cause she can still run around and have that sense of "freedom" but can't go too far. My mom used to use them for me and my brother when we were little, and she said it's better to have a live child than a dead one.
  • edge_dragoncaller
    edge_dragoncaller Posts: 826 Member
    Options

Umm, I am not sure you *do* know what a milf is then. You can ask mothers without asking MILFS. Just ask the ugly ones. :wink: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Now that's just rude. How do you know he doesn't have a *thing* for mothers in general. As far as you know, every mother out there is a MILF, whether she's conventionally beautiful or not.

To the topic though :
    My wife used on on my step-son and she loved the thing. Sure, if it was just a trip to the grocery store or something like that, she didn't use the harness, but if they were walking around the County Fair all day, then yes. It was nice because it freed her hands up and it meant that he didn't have to spend the entire day with his hand held above his head. Imagine you're the kid and for about 5 hours you have to have you arm straight up in the air. That would suck.
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    There was a debate about this a while back on the debate forums.. You can't 'win'. Invariably this comes down to personal preference because otherwise it just degenerates into an "I'm a better parent than you" thread.

People can't actually have this discussion - it's as bad as religion and politics. There's always one (or more) people who take someone else's OPINION as a personal affront to everything they believe in. You can't discuss anything in a rational manner with (a) fanatic(s).
    I can respect other's opinion, but I dislike the condescending tone accusing parents who use harness as lazy or having children with mental disability. If you don't use harness on your kids, fine, I have nothing against you. But when you start judging me for legally keeping my child safe, then I have a problem with that. When somebody offers her opinion disrespectfully, then I have the right to offer mine to her in the same manner.

It never ceases to amaze me how insulated some people are. Just because their kids aren't runners they assume all the other children in the world behave the same way.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

Now that's just rude. How do you know he doesn't have a *thing* for mothers in general. As far as you know, every mother out there is a MILF, whether she's conventionally beautiful or not.

To the topic though :
    My wife used on on my step-son and she loved the thing. Sure, if it was just a trip to the grocery store or something like that, she didn't use the harness, but if they were walking around the County Fair all day, then yes. It was nice because it freed her hands up and it meant that he didn't have to spend the entire day with his hand held above his head. Imagine you're the kid and for about 5 hours you have to have you arm straight up in the air. That would suck.

A man referring to other women as MILFs, especially in such a context that is in no way sexual, and especially when he's married, is denigrating and offensive to both his wife and to everyone else.

The use of the term MILF in this topic title is ridiculous beyond belief to the point where I have to think the OP had no idea what it means.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    if i had kids i would use these and i would also rub their nose in the pee to make sure they know not to piss on the carpet
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Only if they start to act like this

KMJqasl.gif
  • edge_dragoncaller
    edge_dragoncaller Posts: 826 Member
    Options

To the topic though :

A man referring to other women as MILFs, especially in such a context that is in no way sexual, and especially when he's married, is denigrating and offensive to both his wife and to everyone else.

The use of the term MILF in this topic title is ridiculous beyond belief to the point where I have to think the OP had no idea what it means.

What is your beef? What is wrong with using the Acronym for Mother's I'd Like to ''Friend''
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    My son(who is 4 next month) was on reins from when he first walked outside (around 18 months outside. He walked at 12 months) until age 2.5 when he outright refused them anymore. He rarely used the buggy from about 20 months. We walk a lot since we live in a small seaside town.

My daughter just turned 2 and has used reins about once. She just refuses, she's very independent. She usually sits in the buggy until we're on the seafront and then gets out and walks or uses her scooter. If my husband's with us, she walks the whole way. I can't keep an eye on both of them on the pavement.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    And whatever you do, do NOT google MILF while at work.

OjaLRLT.gif
  • doowop713
    doowop713 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I have an almost 3 year old boy and he is no wimp. He is STRONG. He can do things that most little boys would start whimpering thinking about. All muscle. He rarely, but sometimes TRIES to bolt. Keyword: TRIES. I make sure to just keep my eye on him. I know when he is getting to close to the street or getting to far ahead of me. I don't always have to hold his hand but if I feel we are in a not so safe area for him, I MAKE him hold my hand because he is a child. Crossing the street, I hold his hand and make him look both ways. In a busy store, I make him either hold my hand or carry him while he is screaming about wanting to get down. Just squeeze their hand tighter if they are trying to run. They will learn that you are in control. Your kid, unless covered in a slippery substance which isn't weird for little kids, shouldn't just slip out of your hand into a busy street. All I have to do is say our little guy's name in a certain tone of voice to make him stop immediately no matter what he is doing. He knows who the bosses are. No disrespect to those of you whose children aren't like this.

SO in the short, I disagree with the "kid leash", but I understand if you have a load of kids and can't hold all their hands or can't put them all in a stroller, then maybe this is necessary, but if you have one kid, maybe two, it shouldn't be needed. You should be able to hold on to your kid without it. Just my opinion. Again, no disrespect. Parenting isn't something that someone can really tell you how to do. So parent like you wanna parent, within the limits of the law...lol
  • doowop713
    Options
    Only if they start to act like this

KMJqasl.gif

Aaaaaand this is me dying at work from trying to hold in a laugh lmao! Hilarious!
  • doowop713
    Options
    There was a debate about this a while back on the debate forums.. You can't 'win'. Invariably this comes down to personal preference because otherwise it just degenerates into an "I'm a better parent than you" thread.

People can't actually have this discussion - it's as bad as religion and politics. There's always one (or more) people who take someone else's OPINION as a personal affront to everything they believe in. You can't discuss anything in a rational manner with (a) fanatic(s).
    I can respect other's opinion, but I dislike the condescending tone accusing parents who use harness as lazy or having children with mental disability. If you don't use harness on your kids, fine, I have nothing against you. But when you start judging me for legally keeping my child safe, then I have a problem with that. When somebody offers her opinion disrespectfully, then I have the right to offer mine to her in the same manner.

It never ceases to amaze me how insulated some people are. Just because their kids aren't runners they assume all the other children in the world behave the same way.

Definitely. In my previous reply, I said, my stepson is a really laid back and well-behaved kid. He isn't a big runner and isn't like most other kids, so my reply was an opinion and I agree that the "leash" thing keeps kids safe. Especially if you have more than 1 or 2! I think folks just want to vent opinions because, as you said, there are no "right" answers.