Serious Question for MILFS (pics)

Options

Replies

• hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    2msrfF6.jpg

or leashes

Actually not true. Well, maybe sort of. My mom used a leash on my brother, he was a runner. He was born in 1962, so technically it was the 60s when she used a leash on him.
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Lol the whole MILF thing was why I didn't open this thread sooner.

As for the OP's question, that's why I have a dog - no one frowns on leashing them. And IMO, most children belong on a leash too, parents these days just don't seem to have them under control. Nor do they keep an eye out for where their offspring is. Seriously, the other day a kid was stalking me and my rescue dog, and no parent was in sight. I nearly had to pick my 80lb dog up, to make sure the kid wouldn't get himself hurt by the 'doggie'.
  • jbella99
    jbella99 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I used one on my son but not my daughter. He was a bolter and very curious no fear.

I got tons of dirty looks but i didn't care, i'd rather walk safely with my child than have to go to baby funeral because he got out of sight for 10 seconds.

For those who say we grew up without them and survived. yes we did however cities are a hell of alot more busy and people are in a bigger hurry. With texting and driving, drinking and driving, and just general distracted driving I wouldn't take any chance with my child's safety,.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    a harness can help at the zoo also
  • Loftearmen
    Loftearmen Posts: 380
    Options
    It is NEVER appropriate to leash your child. They are not dogs! Why don't you just throw them in a kennel and be done with it.
    You have no kids, right?

No she doesn't, and according with her profile she is thankful of not having any because she "has not time for that money pit".

In my book, and considering her way of thinking, she is not qualified to give her opinion in this matter, even a hideous one.

I'm a human being and, if I'm not mistaken, so are children. That qualifies me to give an opinion. Human beings should not be leashed.

You seem to be a particularly uninformed and contemptuous human being. Why don't you just leave this up to the people with experience okay?
  • Loftearmen
    Options

As for the OP's question, that's why I have a dog - no one frowns on leashing them. And IMO, most children belong on a leash too, parents these days just don't seem to have them under control. Nor do they keep an eye out for where their offspring is. Seriously, the other day a kid was stalking me and my rescue dog, and no parent was in sight. I nearly had to pick my 80lb dog up, to make sure the kid wouldn't get himself hurt by the 'doggie'.

You're not allowed to control your children anymore. It's not socially acceptable to spank your kids or put them on a leash so actually, they are your boss and dictate what you can and can't do. That's the family dynamic I see when I go to Wal Mart. Kids kicking and screaming and running around everywhere and the parents aren't "allowed" to do anything about it.

My kids don't behave that way and, if they did, they would get spanked and put on a leash.
  • MM_1982
    MM_1982 Posts: 374
    Options
    Came in expecting MILFs.. left disappointed.
  • Colleen118
    Colleen118 Posts: 491 Member
    Options

You're not allowed to control your children anymore. It's not socially acceptable to spank your kids or put them on a leash so actually, they are your boss and dictate what you can and can't do. That's the family dynamic I see when I go to Wal Mart. Kids kicking and screaming and running around everywhere and the parents aren't "allowed" to do anything about it.

My kids don't behave that way and, if they did, they would get spanked and put on a leash.

^^ My Hero^^ and to the one above him, you shouldn't have to worry about the service dog. I say let him do his job and protect you if her feels you are in danger. Seriously. As a parent of 5 it is hard to keep them all headed in the same direction and every child to parent ratio is different. I never personally harnessed any of mine and initially felt the negative thoughts of it until I realized how many out of freaking control kids there are these days. Parents don't pay attention to their kids and when the kid does something wrong that the parent could have prevented by paying attention they call a lawyer. It's wrong! If you have too many kids to be able to keep an eye on or keep up with them all, get a leash, a friend, or a nanny! Whatever YOU need to do to keep YOUR kids safe. Allowing bad behavior and then blaming someone else for a misfortune is, in my opinion, the type of behavior seen when people expect everything for nothing.
  • charliesgold
    charliesgold Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I have much younger brothers, we all grew up in the UK and around the time that they were toddlers this happened: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_James_Bulger

In the UK at the time it wasn't unusual to use reigns on children and this enforced their use for many parents.

IMO, I don't care what you think of me, if reigns keep my child safe from being snatched then I will look like a "bad mother" and keep them leashed up. I'd rather be the mother who kept control of her child and still had him to tuck in at night than the mother who regrets not keeping a closer hold of my child visiting his grave or wondering where he is because someone snatched him.

I grew up with reigns as the norm so maybe part of my acceptance is that it was culturally accepted and encouraged. In the US I have noticed a considerable amount of disdain over the use of reigns but as far as I know, in Europe they are still widely used.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    They are not brats they are 26 and 24.
    I don't know your children so I'm not saying this is or isn't true for them, but age doesn't necessarily mean someone isn't a brat. My boyfriend is a huge brat most of the time, and he's almost 26. Giving someone's age isn't a reasoning for why they are not a brat.

I know what you are getting at, but they are seriously not brats, they are adults living with their boyfriends, both have responsible jobs and are unselfish and hardworking.

Regarding keeping them in control when little, at 12 months old, they did not touch either my ornaments or anybody else's when I went to visit people. They were both potty trained by 14 months and were as good as gold.

No, my daughters are not brats. This thread really is now getting ridiculous.
    I bolded the first part of my statement, and you still missed it.... I said that I wasn't saying my statement was about your children, just that age doesn't mean someone isn't a brat. That's a general statement because you used their ages to say that they weren't.

You really need to relax. Have a flower and chill. :flowerforyou:

as asked earlier, could you then please inform me how somebody would push a pram and hold onto a toddler's hand whilst going to the shops without fear that the kiddie will suddenly pull away and run int the road before the mother coiuld leave the pram whilst sticking the brake on so it didn't roll down the hill and into oncoming traffic and then manage to get the toddler back to safety?

I know yu were talaking about my own daughters in particular, but you were addressing my posting, therefore I answered you and I was not rude.

and I am chilled :)
    Okay, first of all, the amount of spelling and grammatical errors in your post makes it very hard to read.

Second, why are you directing that question at me? This conversation we're having has nothing to do with that; it's solely about ages of people who are or aren't brats.

Third, I never said you were rude. I said that you need to relax. You keep angrily posting the same **** on this board and acting very mad if/when someone disagrees with you. That's why you need to relax. I'm not judging those who use child leashes just because I wouldn't want to, and there's no reason to judge those who simply disagree with the idea without being rude.

I'm not even going to bother trying to talk to you anymore. You're just being ridiculous and reading/responding to things that I'm not even saying.

I'm amazed this thread hasn't been locked yet with how judgmental and rude people are being.

Why did I aim my reply to you, because I was replying to your posting which was aimed at me, hence why I quoted you, nothing personal or anything.

Secondly my typos were because I typed that reply before I went to work this morning and suddenly realized I was running a tad late and didn't proof-read. Luckily, there were only three typos, otherwise you may have found it nigh-on impossible to reply to me at all! :drinker:

Thirdly, nobody will answer my question and no, I am not mad that they do not agree with me, I just want a quick answer which you nor nobody else can be bothered to answer, hence the going round and round in circles.

Fourthly, please do that - don't talk to me anymore, I am disturbed you are so angry and starting to swear in your reply, hence the stars.

Fifthly, yes, this thread is judgmental.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    I'm like a moth to a flame. I just keep coming back, lol.

I know what you mean, it is like a ruddy train-crash lol
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    My mom had these for my brothers when we went to the state fair, disney world, etc. Both were super hyper ADHD so she had them on one of these, or maybe they were the ones that went around the wrist. Who knows.

I dont see anything wrong with it, your keeping you kid safe? big deal.

HARNESS THE CHILDREN!!!
  • Losing85
    Losing85 Posts: 26
    Options
    I purchased one for my 3 year old son. I heard a lot of wanted negative and positive feedback. I only got it b/c we went on vacation and ended up at a huge place that i knew it was going to be hard to keep him near me. without having to put him in a stroller, i used the harness. people gave me odd looks but oh well. it's my child and we both had a great time. its up to you as the parent to decide what is best for your child. i dont compare children to dogs or make those ridiculous comments. if you are a loving parent and want to keep your child safe and you choose to use one, GREAT for you. If you never had to use one and never will, that's fine too!
  • Ms_Chai
    Ms_Chai Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I would rather have a living child who I put a "leash" on than a dead one I didn't. I have never had to use a harness with my children, but if I thought there was even the slightest chance we could get separated or one of them might run off and get hurt, then I would. At the end of the day, who really cares what another parent chooses....it isn't like these harnesses are abusive or anything.
  • Losing85
    Losing85 Posts: 26
    Options
    I used one on my son but not my daughter. He was a bolter and very curious no fear.

I got tons of dirty looks but i didn't care, i'd rather walk safely with my child than have to go to baby funeral because he got out of sight for 10 seconds.

For those who say we grew up without them and survived. yes we did however cities are a hell of alot more busy and people are in a bigger hurry. With texting and driving, drinking and driving, and just general distracted driving I wouldn't take any chance with my child's safety,.

Perfectly answered
  • RelativeChaos00
    RelativeChaos00 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My son doesn't "need" one, but he loves his doggy backpack! He wears it around the house all the time and cuddles with it in the car. I don't see any harm in them and I don't understand why some people have such a hard time with them.
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I didn't need one for my son but I don't judge anyone that uses one. If I have more children I wont completely rule it out. I don't see why other people's parenting preferences matter to anyone else. I do what is best for my family, you should as well.
  • Loftearmen
    Options

^^ My Hero^^ and to the one above him, you shouldn't have to worry about the service dog. I say let him do his job and protect you if her feels you are in danger. Seriously. As a parent of 5 it is hard to keep them all headed in the same direction and every child to parent ratio is different. I never personally harnessed any of mine and initially felt the negative thoughts of it until I realized how many out of freaking control kids there are these days. Parents don't pay attention to their kids and when the kid does something wrong that the parent could have prevented by paying attention they call a lawyer. It's wrong! If you have too many kids to be able to keep an eye on or keep up with them all, get a leash, a friend, or a nanny! Whatever YOU need to do to keep YOUR kids safe. Allowing bad behavior and then blaming someone else for a misfortune is, in my opinion, the type of behavior seen when people expect everything for nothing.

^^republican ;)
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    To the topic though :
    My wife used on on my step-son and she loved the thing. Sure, if it was just a trip to the grocery store or something like that, she didn't use the harness, but if they were walking around the County Fair all day, then yes. It was nice because it freed her hands up and it meant that he didn't have to spend the entire day with his hand held above his head. Imagine you're the kid and for about 5 hours you have to have you arm straight up in the air. That would suck.

Perfect response.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Only if they start to act like this

KMJqasl.gif

I have a three year old. That's basically what it's like right now.