creepy compliment

Options

Replies

• branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    _JustDG_ wrote: »
    My father in law once said to me, "you're almost hot enough to fu*k"... :|

Da *kitten*!!!! That's creepy, horribly wrong, extremely mean and just not okay!

• JackKopCh
    JackKopCh Posts: 8,042 Member
    Options
    You have nice eyebrows....
  • ErinK09
    ErinK09 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    A semi truck driver yelling nice *kitten* to me while I was riding my bike.
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    DWhy5 wrote: »
    I like that this has brought about a new discussion... can the creepiness level depend on the attractiveness of a person. I say yes. :#

I'll lay out the rules:

Ugly guy: All compliments are creepy. You won't win. Don't try. Over before it started.
    Average dude:Depends on what's said and how it's said. Could go either way here.
    Hot guy: All compliments that aren't flat out vulgar are not creepy. Even flat out vulgar compliments are still kinda good compliments though. I mean, "Like, some hot guy gave me a compliment" right?
    Older guy 40-55: Most compliments are creepy unless done right. Stick to saying her hair is nice or something.
    Older guy 55-70: Gross.
    Older guy 70+: All compliments are "awwww." It's either "awww that's so sweet" or "awwww he's such a dirty old man."

Ok, still only on page 4, so I have read everyone's input yet.

I am in the 55 - 70 range and find this rule does not really stand up to the test. I am not 'good looking' but, do maintain and dress well.

I think it does have a lot to do with: level of confidence, flirty vs being creepy (I admit there are just some things that are totally out of bounds), manners, being a gentlemen and being respectful. I have gotten away with many items of conversation that were border line, but because of the delivery, it was very smooth.

Just one ole man's opinion........
  • donnysoule
    donnysoule Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    I was once told by a drunk girl in her early 20's that I was "the good lookingest older guy in the bar"..... exact words
  • leadslinger17
    leadslinger17 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    For a good laugh, look up "tindernightmares" on Instagram... now there are some creepy compliments lol
  • SparkyJess3
    SparkyJess3 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    16 year old boy standing next to his father and little sister, moves over to let me pass by and as I walk by he loudly says "DAYUUUMMM DAT BOOTY DOE!" I turn around to glare at him and his father is high fiving him, his sister is shaking her head red faced and he winks at me!!! Good lord I'm almost 10 years older than him!!!
  • EZDUZIT68
    EZDUZIT68 Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    My sister and in law and I who is 13 years younger then me were at the mall and high school boys were trying to hit on us...talk about awkward

Well, I can't say I blame them... but yes, it's awkward.

I once had a very inebriated old lady (had to be in her late 70's) approach me at a restaurant while I was looking through a menu say "Try the cougar, you'll love it!"
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    BFDeal wrote: »
    DWhy5 wrote: »
    I like that this has brought about a new discussion... can the creepiness level depend on the attractiveness of a person. I say yes. :#

I'll lay out the rules:

Ugly guy: All compliments are creepy. You won't win. Don't try. Over before it started.
    Average dude:Depends on what's said and how it's said. Could go either way here.
    Hot guy: All compliments that aren't flat out vulgar are not creepy. Even flat out vulgar compliments are still kinda good compliments though. I mean, "Like, some hot guy gave me a compliment" right?
    Older guy 40-55: Most compliments are creepy unless done right. Stick to saying her hair is nice or something.
    Older guy 55-70: Gross.
    Older guy 70+: All compliments are "awwww." It's either "awww that's so sweet" or "awwww he's such a dirty old man."
    I have gotten away with many items of conversation that were border line, but because of the delivery, it was very smooth.

With all due respect, borderline topics of conversation for a gentleman in your age range may not be seen as such by the under 40 crowd.

But if you're game, please fill in the blanks :wink:

Ok, I am game :-)

Hmmm....

Example: Let’s talk about fingernail polish

1. Saying a ladies (regardless of age) finger nail polish is REALLY striking while drooling, staring at their ears while licking your lips IS creepy
    2. Stating that the color of the waiteress's nail polish is rather striking and compliments/accessories their choice of earrings (as she is placing the bill on the table) is a compliant and maybe even a little flirty.

In both of the above I have mention two areas of a woman that can be considered sensual areas; hands and ears.

Stating to any woman overtly that you want to have crude sex with them (other than your partner) is rude, crude and socially unacceptable. This individual needs to have his ....... slapped with a 20lb sledge hammer.

Maybe I am wrong. I am just some old man on the interweb :-)
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I'm over 40 so any compliment to girls under 30 seems creepy.

It could be the trench coat though.
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    "you're pretty enough to be a stripper" Whaaaa? thanks?
  • Vegas_Don
    Vegas_Don Posts: 367 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Once I was a doing security check at an event when a lady grabs me by my arm and requested a cavity check.. :s no disrespect to her or her forwardness but I think I threw up in my mouth. In her defense she was pretty wasted.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    donamel04 wrote: »
    Once I was a doing security check at an event when a lady grabs me by my arm and requested a cavity check.. :s no disrespect to her or her forwardness but I think I threw up in my mouth. In her defense she was pretty wasted.

Eew, gross! :p

That's creepier than this monkey complimenting this chicken:

Interestingly-Random-Photos-15_zps910fad62.jpg

Reminds me of the time I was "complimented" in one of those Halloween mazes where creeps jump out and scare you. One of them stuck his tongue in my ear. My friend kicked him in the shin and we ran like hell...
  • Noogynoogs
    Noogynoogs Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Your decent looking lol
  • ELMunque
    ELMunque Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    A guy I worked with had just bought a new car, he wanted me to go check it out, so I went out in the parking lot and looked at his car, sat in it, checked out the all the cool stuff and came back inside. He gets crazy "I can smell your breath" close to me and says, "I don't let just anyone sit in my car, what are you going to show me in return" He wasn't talking to me though, he was talking to my boobs. I responded with, "dude, you drive a hyundai" laughed and then walked away.

This guy was creepy anyways, but I thought that was funny. Not that hyundais aren't nice looking cars, but am I supposed to swoon over it????
  • kimberlyspanton
    kimberlyspanton Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I was at a gas station, filling my car and a creeper old dude on a bike strolls over and says "Hey good look'n, wanna ride my hog".....kind of does a hip swivel thing and winked at me....thank the heavens I was done filling the car....I left so quick. lol.
  • HugoMartinez66
    HugoMartinez66 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I was at a gas station, filling my car and a creeper old dude on a bike strolls over and says "Hey good look'n, wanna ride my hog".....kind of does a hip swivel thing and winked at me....thank the heavens I was done filling the car....I left so quick. lol.

Hmmm that's how a horror movie starts.

• kimberlyspanton
    kimberlyspanton Posts: 796 Member
    Options

Hmmm that's how a horror movie starts.

Right? I didn't go to that station for a while.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I love music. My brother-in-law knows I go to great lengths seeking out music. A few years ago he sent me a download of "I Touch Myself" by the Divinyls.

Great song, even greater video, but I'm not sure he thought it through when sending it to me.
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    My daughter and I were visiting New Orleans. We were walking around and this guy started eyeballing my daughter up and down and then turned to me and said "you done good mama, you done good"