creepy compliment

Options

Replies

• TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    hahahaha oh the old perverted men are the best

In self defense, I'd like to point out that some compliments are genuine and sincere. Some of us are just awkward in the delivery. When in doubt as to the sincerity, sometimes it's best to thank the person and move on.

• That1Chick_Brit
    That1Chick_Brit Posts: 2,541 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    hahahaha oh the old perverted men are the best

In self defense, I'd like to point out that some compliments are genuine and sincere. Some of us are just awkward in the delivery. When in doubt as to the sincerity, sometimes it's best to thank the person and move on.
    I agree. I am referring to the old, old men who say something crazy to ya cuz they can play the "i'm old and don't know what I'm saying card" lol
  • Winterlover123
    Winterlover123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Probably the creepiest was also at the grocery store and an elderly guy hobbled over with his walker and said "those t*ts are gravity defying! Very nice"
    What do you say to that!?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Probably the creepiest was also at the grocery store and an elderly guy hobbled over with his walker and said "those t*ts are gravity defying! Very nice"

Nothing. I just laugh.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I was out downtown with a friend on a Friday night (both wearing jeans) and a dude walking past us commented, "That's some nice denim, ladies, I like that denim!" O_o

I'm guessing that was his way of complimenting your buttocks'?

Uhhh, maybe? Lol. I have no idea. It remains a long-standing inside joke to this day.
  • Winterlover123
    Winterlover123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

Nothing. I just laugh.

I nervously laughed and walked away!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    A few weeks ago, my wife and I were having sushi at a local Japanese Restaurant. Our waitress was stunning and about my youngest daughter's age. When she brought our check, I said, "You know? You are absolutely beautiful." She blushed and left the check.

I turned to my wife and asked, "Was that inappropriate?"

She said, "It's good that I was with you."

• That1Chick_Brit
    That1Chick_Brit Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    See that to me is a nice, whole hearted compliment.
  • Pupslice
    Pupslice Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    one time in a club this guy came up to me and said "Damn, girl, i'd drink your bathwater!" and my friend goes "EEEW, SHE PEES IN THERE!!!!"
  • arditarose
    Options
    Pupslice wrote: »
    one time in a club this guy came up to me and said "Damn, girl, i'd drink your bathwater!" and my friend goes "EEEW, SHE PEES IN THERE!!!!"

hahaha....do you??
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,276 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • Pupslice
    Pupslice Posts: 213 Member
    Options

hahaha....do you??

lol no...however, upon further reflection, this friend also once referred to a mutual acquaintance of ours as "...so classy he steps out of the shower to take a leak", so perhaps I should mention her possible obsession next time I see her, haha
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    We struck up a conversation with a nice couple sitting next to us at a local Italian restaurant on a Friday night. They said they come there every Friday and sit in the same place. A month or two later we're back again, same table, same people next to us only with her brother. He's 40-ish, a couple sheets to the wind already and telling us about his ex and how he's looking out for the next one. Looks at our daughter and says, "What d'ya say, Red?" She was 13 at the time. The sister smacked him and said, "She's just a kid!" and we busied ourselves with our dinner and never went back to that restaurant again, much less on a Friday night.

Same kid, only now she's 15 and her hair is bright pink. Old guy in the grocery store stops her and says, "You're much too pretty to do that to yourself." To her credit she smiled sweetly and said thank you, but I was offended on her behalf. I do not believe this particular gentleman had been drinking, just as an aside.
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    It wasn't so much the words, but the context.... I was dating a guy a few years older than me and he reached over and touched my face all clinical-like and said "you have such young, smooth skin" like he was examining it. It totally made me think of Buffalo Bill.
  • leadslinger17
    leadslinger17 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    That's just rude though. I used to get the whole "you have such a pretty face" in high school. Not "you're pretty".

This is confusing... it has to be the delivery right? Because if someone said "you have a pretty smile" or "you have pretty eyes" I would think that would be flattering (maybe I'm wrong), but the entire face is not cool?
  • SGM_Adonis
    SGM_Adonis Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    ...you smell like foreplay...
  • holagatita
    holagatita Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    gross I was told my legs would look hotter around his neck
  • arditarose
    Options
    synchrony7 wrote: »
    That's just rude though. I used to get the whole "you have such a pretty face" in high school. Not "you're pretty".

This is confusing... it has to be the delivery right? Because if someone said "you have a pretty smile" or "you have pretty eyes" I would think that would be flattering (maybe I'm wrong), but the entire face is not cool?

Yeah it's the delivery...It's like...Someone says "She's pretty, right?" In a bit of a hesitant voice and someone agrees "Yeah, pretty face". ha
  • JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Some guy at the gas station said to me, "Girl, I wanna bite dat @$$"

And me being the classy lady that I am freaked out and said, "oh my God, what the f***?! I poop from there!"
  • Xeuleu
    Xeuleu Posts: 411
    Options
    holagatita wrote: »
    gross I was told my legs would look hotter around his neck

Is that a bad thing to say, dam, I have to change my goals on MFP