creepy compliment

Options

Replies

• DWhy5
    DWhy5 Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I still haven't posted the creepiest thing anyone has ever said to me. I'm afraid I'll get flagged.

do it.
  • That1Chick_Brit
    That1Chick_Brit Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    I still haven't posted the creepiest thing anyone has ever said to me. I'm afraid I'll get flagged.

No flags from this way! post away
  • SGM_Adonis
    SGM_Adonis Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    SGM_Adonis wrote: »
    ummm. noooooooo. looks have nothing to do with it. If the hottest man on earth walked up to me and said the same thing to me, I'd have the same reaction.

I've gotten away with saying the most outrageous stuff. It's not just what you say, it's HOW you say it. Looks have a lot to do with it, but personality even more I think.

People are shallow. Especially women. It's looks.

It's not just women...come on. This isn't the He-Man Women Hater's Club.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I was sitting at the bar, chatting with an amazingly handsome man...and he told me he wanted to take me home and rape me. And proceeded to tell me what he'd do.
  • DWhy5
    Options
    Annnnnd you immediately left I hope.... Super weird.
  • That1Chick_Brit
    edited October 2014
    Options
    ummm. noooooooo. looks have nothing to do with it. If the hottest man on earth walked up to me and said the same thing to me, I'd have the same reaction.

I've gotten away with saying the most outrageous stuff. It's not just what you say, it's HOW you say it. Looks have a lot to do with it, but personality even more I think.

you have obviously gotten burned pretty bad, and I am sorry for that, but I didn't do it to you so don't jump down my throat for it.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options

You had me in your corner until "especially women." Men tend to be more visual, so you're way off base.

Having said that, I don't think the sunshine thing was creepy. I'd have laughed and said thanks. I don't mind when random people say nice things, it's the sexual ones I find creepy.

One I got a lot this summer was, "Can I draw/paint you?" I think there must have been some article out at that time that suggested this to be a good line. lol
  • arditarose
    Options
    DWhy5 wrote: »
    I like that this has brought about a new discussion... can the creepiness level depend on the attractiveness of a person. I say yes. :#

I'll lay out the rules:

Ugly guy: All compliments are creepy. You won't win. Don't try. Over before it started.
    Average dude:Depends on what's said and how it's said. Could go either way here.
    Hot guy: All compliments that aren't flat out vulgar are not creepy. Even flat out vulgar compliments are still kinda good compliments though. I mean, "Like, some hot guy gave me a compliment" right?
    Older guy 40-55: Most compliments are creepy unless done right. Stick to saying her hair is nice or something.
    Older guy 55-70: Gross.
    Older guy 70+: All compliments are "awwww." It's either "awww that's so sweet" or "awwww he's such a dirty old man."

haha. I get what you're saying but that's a bit of a generalization. When a man I do not find attractive says something nice to me, I say thank you and take it as a compliment. I think that's important. If he says something creepy, then yes it's just creepy.

• DWhy5
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Some people are just creepy. Give off the creepy vibe with their clothes, looks, and words. We can leave it at that. No need to get into an argument over who's shallower either, men or women. Each side has its shallow few. ;)

Carry on with creepy compliments. Some of these are hilarious. *takes notes*
  • DvrDawg
    DvrDawg Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    funny - just watch out for the guy that says, "Does this smell like chloroform to you?"
  • That1Chick_Brit
    Options
    I was sitting at the bar, chatting with an amazingly handsome man...and he told me he wanted to take me home and rape me. And proceeded to tell me what he'd do.

OMG!!!
  • SGM_Adonis
    SGM_Adonis Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options

Rape fantasies...those people are out there.
  • That1Chick_Brit
    Options
    Some people are just creepy. Give off the creepy vibe with their clothes, looks, and words. We can leave it at that. No need to get into an argument over who's shallower either, men or women. Each side has its shallow few. ;)

agreed!
  • arditarose
    Options

Thank you! I once posted a thread on here about being sexually harassed by employees at a big chain store. So many people jumped down my throat saying I would have liked it if the men were attractive. I was like...wat? I would have liked being harassed?
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I had a guy ask if he could "Lick My Eyeball" I thought he was joking so I said yes...he wasn't joking lol