30 day shred - anyone up for June challenge/support?

Hey all iv taken the plunge & bought the 30 day shred. Gonna commence it Sunday 2nd of June - anyone else doing it / fancy doing it want a bit of support?

Replies

• MrsGraves1987
    MrsGraves1987 Posts: 162 Member
    I'm going to start mine today, I've tried the program twice, and given up both times - I need someone to hold me accountable! Feel free to add me :)
  • CatherineWall123
    CatherineWall123 Posts: 5 Member
    Hey Guys,

Can you give me any info on the 30 day shred?

• helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Hi

Its a Jillian Michaels exercise DVD. It takes 30 mins to do. I have done it a few times but never for 30 days in a row. More like x 3 per week. I would recommend it.
  • MrsGraves1987
    MrsGraves1987 Posts: 162 Member
    Hey Guys,

Can you give me any info on the 30 day shred?

Search the forums, there is some fantastic before and after pics of people who have completed the 30 day shred.

It's a 25 minute workout which you can do at home, only needing weights and a space big enough to move around in. There are three levels, the plan is you do 10 days at each level.

I did buy the DVD, but I find it easier to use Youtube as we only have 1 TV in the house!! :sad:

Search Youtube by level, they have each level on there for you to do without buying the DVD. I'm starting today, so if you fancy joining please add me! :flowerforyou:
  • bossyfairy
    bossyfairy Posts: 111 Member
    Dont buy it! Its all on the youtube!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pc-NizMgg8 Level 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEkaq6U5Ghw Level 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMN4g3D4ODE Level 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0LhEadpTLo - All of it!

God bless the youtube and all its wisdom. :smile:
  • jenbear1980
    jenbear1980 Posts: 68
    Hi

How do we log the 30 day challenge? Is it logged as circuits or aerobics?

• Daliel
    Daliel Posts: 4
    Me me me :D I bought it for £4 because I can't hook the youtubes up to the TV. It should arrive tomorrow or the day after with my weights and mat!

I was tempted to rope in my boyfriend to do it with me, but a group will be so much better and lots of fun. I can't wait to start. Anyone who's up for it feel free to add me!
  • luckymarge
    luckymarge Posts: 2
    I highly recommend it.

I'm doing it and am really finding it easy to fit into my lifestyle. I am just about to do it this morning.
    It is worth persevering with and because it is only 20 minutes long, but effective, you will find it something you will enjoy doing.
    Just make sure you have some weights and a mat.
    Keep with it.
    I'm still doing Level 1 and although I could have gone onto Level 2, I decided to say with L1 until I get it perfect and increase the weight. I need this tape to last me longer than 30 days!

I feel heaps better, if that helps!
  • demarii06
    demarii06 Posts: 340 Member
    I'm in guys :) but does anyone know what size weights are needed?
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Think I have 3lb weights.
    I will do it tonight once baby in bed. (wont get spare half hour til then as off to work.
  • crystalrp
    crystalrp Posts: 113 Member
    I would like to try it!
  • tam8374
    tam8374 Posts: 270 Member
    I have the DVD.. I'm in. That will be a rough month for me, but I will try. My daughter graduates June 14 and we are moving the 16th, pretty much. Plus a trip to VT at the end of the Month. I will need something constant in my life. I have tried it twice before, but due to medical conditions, I had to stop.

Bring it.
  • deannafaye94
    deannafaye94 Posts: 20 Member
    I'm in! Day 1 completed. I've attempted to do it twice now already and given up on level 2 both times but this time I WILL complete it! From past experience I find level one doesn't really make me sweat or ache and level two is really where I see change so I'm only going to do three days of level 1 to ease myself back in to it then continue the plan as normal.
  • jallysquared
    jallysquared Posts: 33 Member
    I'm in! Looks good! :smile:
  • iwillbetinytea
    iwillbetinytea Posts: 264 Member
    I will, although I won't do it every day, just on the days when I don't go to the gym!
  • Jen_ht
    Jen_ht Posts: 99 Member
    I'm in! Hoping to get through level 2 before I go on holiday, and carry on doing level 2 warming up to 3 when I get back again. Doing it every day during the week and weekends if I can in the AM, plus gym and/or sports in the evening.

Feel free to add me for motivation! Does anyone else have a fitbit or HRM to track the cals or are you going to be doing approximations like me?!
  • mdoyle28
    mdoyle28 Posts: 62 Member
    I am in, ordered it last night so as soon as it arrives I am good....2 days left of Mays squat challenge and onto Junes challenge works for me!
  • Chadandbradsmummy
    Chadandbradsmummy Posts: 19 Member
    I'm in! I did it in February and it really works. I need to get back on it because I've hit a bit of a wall and I keep losing and putting on 2lbs each week.

Jillian will save us all!
  • fancynance77
    fancynance77 Posts: 20 Member
    I'm in. I will start tomorrow night. I'm also training for a 10km so will need to factor that in also. This is my first time to post anything on here!! I'm coming out of Lurkerville!!!
    Question - what weights do you need for this? I only have 2lb dumbbells
    Nancy
  • Dena216
    Dena216 Posts: 20 Member
    I've been doing it for 5-6 days now. I'm also running and doing Tracy Anderson Metamorphosis. Count me in for the challenge but I may go slower before moving onto level 2.