30 day shred - anyone up for June challenge/support?

Options

Replies

• reach4thestar
    reach4thestar Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Pushups are hard for me too....I push myself :( ....
    Tessi1993: just type in jillian Mitchell's 30 day shred level 1
  • crystalrp
    crystalrp Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Actually it is Jillian MICHAELS, not Mitchell. :) Day 4 completed. I wasn't able to buy handweights till yesterday, so I used them for the first time this morning. I am sure I will be feeling it in my arms tomorrow! Are you all planning on moving on to Level 2 after the 10 days? I was thinking of maybe doing each level for 2 weeks. Any thoughts?
  • aprilgal412
    Options
    I am planning to stay on level 1 until I can do the whole thing without modifying and being able to get through the jumping jacks without stopping - to me just doing level 1 right now is a challenge. Today will be day 5 for me. I feel it more in my knees right now!
  • Tanana66
    Tanana66 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    A bit late, but never mind, I am in, will just do it a bit longer.
  • roxylola
    roxylola Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Seriously if your quads are wrecked look at swapping the first set of jacks for either high knee marching or running depending on your fitness and look up better quad stretches on youtube there are much more effective ones than the ones she uses. I did this and it made a massive difference. My muscles were just tight in a bad way not fatigued from working.

Started level 2 yesterday, cheaper than buying new heavier weights and sticking with level 1. So far so good although I can confirm doing it at 10pm then at 8am the following day is not the best plan ever!

Managing the walk plank push up as a full push up now. Really quite pleased with myself :D
  • KellysDiet78
    Options
    Hi Have I missed the boat on this.. my friend and i both want to start doing it..
  • luv3babies
    luv3babies Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 2 so sore from yesterday and I can't do push ups yet
    can't wait to see results!
  • sophsw
    sophsw Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Day 6, and still going strong
  • reach4thestar
    reach4thestar Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Today used 5 pounds weights..previously was on 2 lbs....feels great...but still finding some difficulty in jumping jacks and those push ups...o my..
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Check out www.30dsresults.com for a little motivation! :) The results are filtered by gender, age, and height.

Some fellow MFP members have created the site and are always looking to add more motivational before and afters!
  • Copywritten1988
    Copywritten1988 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Add me...I started Sunday June 2. Today will be my 3rd day! I've started seeing and feeling results of the 30DS in just 2 days....
  • demarii06
    demarii06 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Day 4 of level 1 completed! Curious about level 2 now
  • fancynance77
    fancynance77 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Day 7 complete. Think I might be ready for level 2 but will wait until I've done my 10 days at level 1.
    The muscle pain has now gone and when I was running tonight I felt I was stronger. My hubbie noticed a change in my arms too.
    Happy customer here so far.
  • nave002
    nave002 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Today was my first day at Level 1... Can't comment yet until I see how I'm feeling tomorrow!!! :bigsmile:

I won't give up though; anxious to see how intense the next levels are [all in good time of course] I suck at regular pushups -- can't do them at all... modified for now.

Come on 30 days and see if I can get one real one in by then! LOL
  • lmcgrad
    lmcgrad Posts: 28
    Options
    Just started 30DS today! Hope everyone is doing well with it! First day kicked my butt
  • KymmyJoy
    KymmyJoy Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Seriously if your quads are wrecked look at swapping the first set of jacks for either high knee marching or running depending on your fitness and look up better quad stretches on youtube there are much more effective ones than the ones she uses. I did this and it made a massive difference. My muscles were just tight in a bad way not fatigued from working.

Started level 2 yesterday, cheaper than buying new heavier weights and sticking with level 1. So far so good although I can confirm doing it at 10pm then at 8am the following day is not the best plan ever!

Managing the walk plank push up as a full push up now. Really quite pleased with myself :D

Haha. I know! I did it in the evening then the morning an it was horrible! I'm finding the side lunges hardest, well lifting the weights up as I go.
  • roxylola
    Options
    I struggle with the space for the lunges - I am in my kitchen and there is not lots of room so when I am doing lunges I end up not being able to take my butt back enough to keep my knees correct and get low. The alternative is sounding like an elephant on the wooden floorboards elsewhere in the house and that just does not appeal!
  • bhealthyagain
    bhealthyagain Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm in. started today!
  • demarii06
    demarii06 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Day 5 completed! I'm getting kind of bored with it now. So can't wait til level 2
  • roxylola
    Options
    I started 2 after 5 days. Felt like I needed to feel the burn a bit more! Finding that more of a challenge for sure - 3 days in now. I just watched level 3, she starts using the weights in with the cardio among other things. It looks tough though. I reckon I will aim to be bringing in some weights to my cardio by about day 5. There is no way I will be ready to short cut to 3, but the weights will make it tougher.