Is Partying Worth It?

Options

Replies

• maria0elisa
    maria0elisa Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    clone7 wrote: »
    amy0louise wrote: »
    Experimenting with alcohol is good! You get to learn your limits.

I like you on a personal level but on a professional level ummm haha!~

?
  • callmejessica
    callmejessica Posts: 1,868 Member
    Options
    to me, partying was never really worth it. sure you might have a fun night out and bond with your friends, which i think is really the only positive (not flirting or hooking up with guys), but then there are so many other negatives to overdoing it. you usually wake up feeling bad. you stay up late and ruin your sleep schedule. your skin is dehydrated and puffy. AND you usually pig out on terrible foods. plus, alcohol is just bad for you and sometimes you just get into bad situations.

however, if you can control yourself and just go to have a drink and socialize, i don't see the harm. you just have to find your happy medium and evaluate what your priorities are. alcohol is a vice and should be enjoyed in moderation, not abused.
  • malavika413
    malavika413 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I danced on stage yesterday and there was a booty-shaking part to the dance, and ALL his friends were saying "how could you let her do that? Don't you have any control over her?!" And he said "It's her life, her body, her decision. I thought she looked great on stage and I was happy to be there to support her."

The decisions are always mine--I just don't want to disappoint him because he's always so good to me.

"control over her"???? who the hell is he friends with?!!?

His friends? Typical teenage boys. I know at least 2 girls that dropped out of the dance because their boyfriends said no. I don't have a boyfriend like that. Sure, I asked him first if it was okay, but I'm pretty sure most people do that.

I have never asked my husbands permission to do anything.... That's not how relationships should work.

Hmm, this is interesting. Granted I haven't really been in a relationship before, I was just trying to be polite and considerate to BF by asking his opinion on my actions. Many of my friends also ask their boyfriends for permission--some are very independent types that just do things, but I'm not that independent.
  • malavika413
    Options
    to me, partying was never really worth it. sure you might have a fun night out and bond with your friends, which i think is really the only positive (not flirting or hooking up with guys), but then there are so many other negatives to overdoing it. you usually wake up feeling bad. you stay up late and ruin your sleep schedule. your skin is dehydrated and puffy. AND you usually pig out on terrible foods. plus, alcohol is just bad for you and sometimes you just get into bad situations.

however, if you can control yourself and just go to have a drink and socialize, i don't see the harm. you just have to find your happy medium and evaluate what your priorities are. alcohol is a vice and should be enjoyed in moderation, not abused.

Yeah, I agree with you on the aftereffects. My roommate parties 4x a week, and she's usually exhausted afterwards and sleeps till noon the next day. I can't do that--I have many early morning classes.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I danced on stage yesterday and there was a booty-shaking part to the dance, and ALL his friends were saying "how could you let her do that? Don't you have any control over her?!" And he said "It's her life, her body, her decision. I thought she looked great on stage and I was happy to be there to support her."

The decisions are always mine--I just don't want to disappoint him because he's always so good to me.

His friends? Typical teenage boys. I know at least 2 girls that dropped out of the dance because their boyfriends said no. I don't have a boyfriend like that. Sure, I asked him first if it was okay, but I'm pretty sure most people do that.

I have never asked my husbands permission to do anything.... That's not how relationships should work.

Hmm, this is interesting. Granted I haven't really been in a relationship before, I was just trying to be polite and considerate to BF by asking his opinion on my actions. Many of my friends also ask their boyfriends for permission--some are very independent types that just do things, but I'm not that independent.

Does he ask your permission to do things?
  • malavika413
    edited December 2014
    Options

No, not really. He does if it involves breaking plans or something, but otherwise he has his own interests and likes to pursue them. I don't really have a lot of hobbies or activities, so when something does come up I like to ask permission first. Also, outfits aren't really an issue with men, so he doesn't ask me if something is okay to wear--whereas I do that with him. I don't want him to feel I look indecent in public.
  • maria0elisa
    Options

this.
  • maria0elisa
    Options
    Also, outfits aren't really an issue with men, so he doesn't ask me if something is okay to wear--whereas I do that with him. I don't want him to feel I look indecent in public.
    unless you have some religious reason for thinking this (in which case I respect that)... outfits are NOT an issue with women either.
  • malavika413
    Options
    Also, outfits aren't really an issue with men, so he doesn't ask me if something is okay to wear--whereas I do that with him. I don't want him to feel I look indecent in public.
    unless you have some religious reason for thinking this (in which case I respect that)... outfits are NOT an issue with women either.

Not a religious issue, but I grew up in a conservative household. My father bought all my clothes--including prom dresses. Now that I'm away I've bought a couple outfits he wouldn't have liked, but I still am nervous to wear them because BF is just as conservative. They're just clothes in the end, not worth ruining a relationship. Maybe I'll have a chance to wear them someday.
  • TavistockToad
    Options

Yeah, I was wondering if there was some religious influence with the clothes and not drinking alcohol?

My husband would love me to look indecent in public :laugh:
  • maria0elisa
    Options

Not a religious issue, but I grew up in a conservative household. My father bought all my clothes--including prom dresses. Now that I'm away I've bought a couple outfits he wouldn't have liked, but I still am nervous to wear them because BF is just as conservative. They're just clothes in the end, not worth ruining a relationship. Maybe I'll have a chance to wear them someday.
    that's seriously *kitten* up
  • malavika413
    Options

Yeah, I was wondering if there was some religious influence with the clothes and not drinking alcohol?

My husband would love me to look indecent in public :laugh:

No religious influence. BF and I are technically interfaith, but neither of us practice. Traditional families, though.
  • TavistockToad
    Options

They say we go for someone like our parents....
  • malavika413
    Options

The fact that my dad bought my clothes (because that's common in my culture) or that I'm reluctant to wear a couple of revealing dresses? I'm not trying to goad you, I'm just curious--I don't often hear this point of view.
  • TavistockToad
    Options

The fact that my dad bought my clothes (because that's common in my culture) or that I'm reluctant to wear a couple of revealing dresses? I'm not trying to goad you, I'm just curious--I don't often hear this point of view.

What is your culture?
  • maria0elisa
    edited December 2014
    Options

They say we go for someone like our parents....
    hahaa mmm!

oh right, sorry I thought you said it wasn't religious. So it is cultural? Again, if that's the case that's fine...
  • malavika413
    Options

What is your culture?

I am Indian, born and raised in America. BF is an Irish Catholic. My parents are actually much less conservative than typical Indian parents--at least they let me go to prom and pick out a few dress options. Dad had the final say, though. They're fine with my relationship, btw.
  • maria0elisa
    Options
    Do what you want, whatever. I guess my main point is maybe consider the fact that men don't have the right to control women.
  • malavika413
    Options
    Do what you want, whatever. I guess my main point is maybe consider the fact that men don't have the right to control women.

I understand that. BF doesn't control me--in fact, sometimes he gets uncomfortable when I ask for permission. But I'm much more comfortable that way, saves me from making too many decisions.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

This times a million.... this thread is making me :noway: