Options
18910111214»

Replies

• malavika413
    malavika413 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    To recap
    1. You have low-self esteem
    2. You got a bf that is Irish Catholic who doesn't feel comfortable giving you permission to do things, and does his own thing
    3. Your parents pick out your clothes, with your dad having final say, but you still feel those clothes run against your culture
    4. You don't want to take responsibility or be a grown-up
    5. You started this thread because you are desperate for attention and have no intention of going to a party

You need to go see a counselor/psychiatrist to talk things over.

...yes. You're right. I wanted to see a counselor, but my availability conflicts with the hours at the counseling center. I'll need to work on these things on my own.
  • fearlessleader104
    fearlessleader104 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't work them out on your own. Most people get professional help. Nothing to be ashamed of.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    To recap
    1. You have low-self esteem
    2. You got a bf that is Irish Catholic who doesn't feel comfortable giving you permission to do things, and does his own thing
    3. Your parents pick out your clothes, with your dad having final say, but you still feel those clothes run against your culture
    4. You don't want to take responsibility or be a grown-up
    5. You started this thread because you are desperate for attention and have no intention of going to a party

You need to go see a counselor/psychiatrist to talk things over.

...yes. You're right. I wanted to see a counselor, but my availability conflicts with the hours at the counseling center. I'll need to work on these things on my own.

Malavika, if you're in agreement with the suggestion to see a shrink about your difficulties and you've already sought out services, okay.

In light of such awareness, you should stop discussing the details of your psychiatric profile on MFP and ask the mods to delete this thread.

This isn't the place.

From here on in you should guard your privacy very seriously and discuss these matters in a professional environment which guarantees total confidentiality.

eh, this thread won't really hurt her imo, but if she wants to be super paranoid, sure delete it.
  • leadslinger17
    leadslinger17 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Everyone says they are "tolerant" until someone is conservative or old fashioned or religious, and then everyone can't wait to tell them how backwards and ignorant their beliefs are. If she is unsure about drinking or partying, why is that a bad thing? On the other hand, she does have to decide if her sense of morals and her boyfriends blend. If you are the only one compromising, it will be hard to make the relationship work... resentment will just build up over time.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Partying which I love. I will never stop.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    NolanEP84 wrote: »
    Go. Just get your own drink(s) and pace yourself with something simple like a can of beer. Mixed stuff at parties can be pretty strong, even though you can't taste the alcohol. It's a fun way to socialize and meet new people. If you're worried about safety, like I said, keep it simple, pace yourself and stay near a friend at all times if possible. Women generally don't need as much to drink as men, depending on your overall size, I'd say no more than 2 or 3 for your first time drinking. If you pace yourself, you'll feel the changes physically. Your face (or you) will feel a little warm and you'll probably become less self conscious than you might be otherwise. That funny feeling is the "buzz" people refer to and depending on the drink and experience level, it might not take as much as people think. Sometimes for me, it's as many as 5 or 6 beers and other times, like on less food in the belly, 3 or 4. I'm drunk at about 8 or 9, but I def wouldn't reccommend that much for you lol

Light weight.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    fobs13 wrote: »
    fobs13 wrote: »
    Do what you feel. You are young to be worrying about upsetting a boyfriend. Let him have his moral code and you yours. Don't let someone control your life at 20.You can go to a party and not drink alcohol and have fun too as an option. Wear what you want and feel good in.

Since BF wouldn't be with me, it feels like cheating to wear typical 'party apparel'. Does anyone party in an oversized sweater?

Gosh will go to a party in glamorous partywear now at 44 and dont worry about what my husband would think if not with me. Never cast me a thought at 20. Your boyfriend shoukd trust you enough not to worry about your attire.

He does trust me, but I feel I wouldn't be sending the right message in party clothes like a dress or tights. I feel it's more appropriate for me to wear oversized, baggy clothes--since I'm taken.

Are you already blaming the victim?
  • manthonyw
    Options
    It is, if it's with me. :)