WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2014

Options

Replies

• DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Sylvia, my heart breaks reading about your son and his family. Please know I will keep him and you in my prayers. Keep the faith and hopefully something good will happen soon.

Janet in Myrtle Beach, SC
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,394 Member
    Options
    Did a hour of a step pump DVD that I got for Christmas. Tomorrow's plan is to do one segment of a 3 DVD set called "The Butt Bible".

Yes, I was so glad to hear from Bryan. Vince tells me that he's asked Vince to send him his (Vince's) list. I've told Vince that I don't think it's a good idea. We suspect he's feeling a little bit guilty. We aren't giving him the money with the expectation of anything in return. I don't want him to perceive it that way.

Denise is still being very uncommunicative. Vince and Jess went to the train station last night to pick up Kris. denise didn't want to go, so I stayed home to keep her company. She spent the entire time downstairs. I tried to ask her what was on her mind -- nothing. I told her that holing up downstairs watching TV isn't helping. We've tried to engage her in the conversations, but she needs to communicate, too.I still think she thinks we should do more for Petey. But until she says so, I'm not going to push it.

I made these magic cookie bars that I think came out too sweet, so I threw them out today. The rest of the magic cookie bars that I made since Denise told me she likes them I'm going to send to her. I DO NOT want them in the house. I wonder if she was asking me for the recipe so that Pete's mother can make them. She's eaten 1/2 of one so far.

Brenda - I hate when I find that there's water in the basement. That happened to us last sumer. I went downstairs to exercise at 7 and there wasn't any water. vince looked down the stairs at 9 and there was water by the steps. Fortunately, we caught it pretty early on, I did have to make a run to Lowe's Hdwr to get another shopvac.

After exercising today went to WalMart to see about getting a ham for tonight. They only had Smithfiled, and from what I understand, they are usually higher in sodium. So I then went to Food Lion. Not fantastic on the sodium, but OK

Beth - what a sweet dh you have there!

Joyce - one time I made brownies and instead of the oil and egg, I substituted canned pumpkin. They were VERY moist. Of course, Vince wouldn't eat them (so that much more for me!)

katla - give Rori my best. Safe flying!

Jess called the vet's office and they said she can bring Lance's body by after 2. We suspect that Dro. Bilhorn wants to extend his condolences

My eating has been atrocious these past few days. Yes, I am concerned about Denise, and worrying about Bryan and Jess got the best of me. In a sense I'll be glad when Jess and Kris leave Sun so I can go back to normal. But I don't think I'm doing that badly. I'm still exercising every day. I know one year my holiday eating was pretty bad and some of my pants actually got tight on me. That hasn't happened so far this year. I'm thinking that it may not since the "bad" eating will only be for a few days. I KNOW with the sodium in the ham, things are not going to be getting better for a while. But in the meantime, I'm having Earl Grey tea. Really, I don't like it without some sort of sweetener. So right now I'm putting some sugar in it. Normally, I don't put anything in my tea but I just don't care for EG without something

Diana - I always said that Jessica and Bryan had two things in common -- their last name and their parents!

Toni - God works in mysterious ways, that's for sure

I'm thinking about New Years dinner, it'll just be Vince and myself. Well, we can have some of the ham (I'm sure there will be leftovers) since you must have pork, I'll make a salad since that's the only green that Vince'll eat.

I'm so sorry that I didn't get Christmas napkins at WalMart when I was there this morning. Had to go back out this afternoon, and let me tell you, the day-after-Christmas is in full force. *I* couldn't get over how packed the parking lot at Kohl's was. So I just went to Party City and got the plate, at least the lines weren't rediculous.

Then we took Lance to the vet to have him creamated. We'll pick up the ashes and probably deliver the TV and the ashes to Jess one day in a few weeks. Honestly, I was surprised at how well she handled it, *I* was the one who got teary-eyed. Well, I guess it's a combination of her working with animals and she grieved already. We were going to go to PetSmart to get a pillshooter for Loki (hopefully, that'll be one way to get the capsule in him). The vet gave us one. But we needed to go to PetSmart anyway since Jess wanted to get a new litter box for her to keep in the car.

Remember, I've posted this year's Christmas decorationis on Facebook. Every year we change things up, so don't feel that since you saw them last year, you'll be seeing the same thing again. Not so....... Enjoy!

Sylvia - my heart breaks for you.

Jessica wanted a ham so I got one. Really, to me it wasn't all that fantastic. I wish we'd had a prime rib or something like that. But what's done is done. Jessica said that she was willing to take Melanie back and then drive 1/2 way to meet Denise for her to get Melanie. I thought that was very nice of her. I just hope Denise isn't going to take advantage of Jess. Jess isn't sure if she's leaving tomorrow or sunday.

Michele in NC
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Michele, I saw all of your video on face book. Do you keep them running all evening??? That's quite a show and electric bill!!!! But they were beautiful.

Sylvia, it's to bad he doesn't have your name n the list to give and receive medical info. Someday you may need to be the one who will need to be making decisions for him and you need to be informed. Sure wish he could be in a bigger and lower floor. The kids need to be separated some because they will just be harboring viruses and bugs from school in that little incubator of a bedroom. Is he still on a transplant list? I wish I could give him my house but it also is two story and a pain in the butt!

Last night on face book I was speaking about our celebration for next week. My brother in law, the one who ate the middle of the brownies, has one daughter and she is a perfect combination of her parents, very smart and knows it and loves to show it off but only in words and not in actions. So she told me to tell Michelle not to worry about the mashed potatoes next week. She has this wonderful potato peeler. Well Michelle and my daughter's daughter in law handle the whole meal by themselves almost. I make the sweet potatoes, sister makes the fruit salad and I make the corn casserole although I am teaching my grand kids that they are old enough that they need to be helping. Maybe if I teach them, their Mom will get the picture that she needs to be in the kitchen! So I inform miss wonderful that sorry, we can't be making mashed potatoes on the stove. I have a small kitchen, old oven with only one large burner and the noodles are on that or something else and we can't have it taken up by 15 pounds of potatoes. So OK, she will do them in her fancy new crock pot. It comes now with it's own serving container. Like no one has ever seen one of those. Sorry hon, I have one of my own. Potatoes are made in the microwave. The two girls have done it this way for years, know how to doctor them up to taste delicious and no one knows. She still thinks she can make better ones. Her and her Mom have done this trick in the past, they will make a major part of the meal but they wait until an hour before the meal is to be served to even come over to my house and start it then. Of course that is after they see all the ones who come in from out of town and we end up starting peeling potatoes for them. So if she does that we will just let her take her 15 pounds home and take out the 2 boxes of instant potatoes out and use them. I feel so bad for letting Michelle and Stacey do most of the meal but they cook best in the kitchen by themselves and would really have the rest of us out until I need to make the sweet potatoes. No one can seem to sweeten like me and Norma makes the best gravy. So they call us when they need us. But I think it needs to be everyone helping. I want my grand kids growing up knowing that it is a family affair from begining to end. Now Ellie does come around, she has a nose like a dogs anytime you are dealing with marshmellows!!! It really is a wonderful day but one also that you welcome them leaving.

Joyce, Indiana
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Good Morning all.Have posted my food.but still not sure my posts will show up,or just a line or two.Oh,well.....nothing MFP can do about it.
    Had family here Christmas Eve.Had an easy serve yourself dinner.Dh found the Chevy Chase movie on tv,so we all laughed outloud at a show we have seen many times.Then opened gifts from DD,SIL & Grson.Everyone left at 10:30 & I was in bed asleep a few mins later. The 2 days before were busy- busy......so was more than ready for my bed. Slept 9 hrs
    -
    - On the day,it was opening our gifts from each other & DD in Fl.Phone calls from the DDs & Grdaughter.Took 5 pds of meatballs to DDs for us & SIL s family,including 2 little girls awww....so sweet.Tons of appetizers & desserts.One lady brought shredded chicken,bless her heart! No salads,which I could have taken,but seems none of them ever knows what they are bringing.We left at 5,still tired & ready for peace & Quiet! Old fogies is us!

Yest,DH helped & we put things away,then kept on till even the decorations were packed up.While he was with his coffee bunch,I got closets sorted.......so found space to store all Christmas deco on this floor. The 8' tree is going to DDs tomor,along with a huge box of lights.We kept 4 strands.Not done yet.Going to sort tree baubles among the girls & Grdau.Will keep my few old ones for now.Hub has only one souvenir from any holiday. A pic of him & 3 siblings standing by a pitiful excuse for a tree,maybe 18" ....with 3 lonely branches,nothing on it,no gifts.They were very poor.MIL never learned to like any holiday.Always a sad lady.

Plans for today ........get dressed,have another cup of tea,make the bed.Read some posts,go to libray to pick up 2 reserved books.........start reading,stay home,enjoy the Quiet.
    Sorry for a "book"....but want to see if my new iPad makes a diff in posting. Pat in Oh

-No diff......had to CC&P to post......
  • heathermach
    heathermach Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello all, i had a nice christmas although no word from brother or sister which was disappointing and although I could have messaged them sometimes I get a bit annoyed about being the one to do all the running, they never sent anything for the children which is heartbreaking even though I sent stuff to my brothers grandsons. I am now back on the diet counting calories had two days off so dare not weigh myself.

When do you all take down the decorations, its supposed to be 12 days after christmas but I always think they look a bit flat once christmas day has gone, what are your thoughts on this. Do you have different customs?

Have a good weekend everyone and stay safe.

Heather from Northampton.
    xx
  • peachstategal
    peachstategal Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Heather, it is our custom that the decorations must be taken down before New Year's Day. We have several silly things like that such as do not wash clothes on N Y's and you must have black eyed peas and collards (or any such green).
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Joyce, he took himself off the transplant list. They told him that with the transplant his life expectancy is about 5 years. With the infusions, in theory, he could last longer. I hope that turns out to be true. There is a very active Alpha1 group and he gets a lot of info and encouragement from them. The kids mom is currently out of the picture. She is still on probation for shooting a guy, and my son let her visit the kids for a while but she tried playing mind games with them and her family was making threats toward him (and they broke his windshield), so the visits have been stopped. They used to brag to him, when he was married to their daughter, that they tried to hire somebody to have their ex SIL killed. So these are not nice people.

Last night was not fun. The kids were running around playing and having fun - they even put on a little play - and about 9:15 hubby suddenly decided it was time for everybody to be in bed. I thought it was too early because it wasn't a school night, but he prevailed. So I made up beds for everyone. The oldest got the spare bedroom and she went off to bed happy as a clam. The middle child and youngest were on two different sofas in two different rooms. Neither wanted to go to bed. Both wanted to stay up watching Minecraft videos (whatever that is) on their tablets. They both were crying hysterically, saying if their dad was there, he would let them stay up. So I tucked them in and went to our bedroom. About ten minutes later I came out to check on them and both were sound asleep. All night I've been getting up to check on them and they were fine. Still sleeping soundly now at 7am. My son should be here soon. His sleep study should be over by now, unless they admitted him for pneumonia or something.

Barbie, I too love the books by Diane Mott Davidson. I get them as audiobooks and fairly salivate when she is reading the recipes. I've never made any of them either. Yet.

Joyce, let us know how the potatoes come out. It'll be interesting to hear how she does it. Would she be your niece, then?

Michele, why do you say "you must have pork"? Is that a New Years tradition? I've heard of having black eyed peas on New Years for good luck, but never pork. Is it on New Years or New Year's Eve? We always go out to eat on New Year's Eve, since that is our anniversary. I think it's 18 years this year. I'm never sure, so I have to ask hubby. I get confused since we lived together for two years before we got married. He's better at remembering dates than I am. I went to wal mart and Home Depot yesterday and didn't see any great deals at either place. Of course, I wasn't looking at Christmas decorations or anything like that.

Janet, my son (my only child) has Alpha 1 Anti Trypsin Deficiency. It's a genetic disorder that destroys lungs and liver. There are different levels of it. He has the most severe level. I got tested and found that I have the second most severe level (but no symptoms) and his three kids have the least severe level. I know those of you who are fairly new to the list weren't in on the story when it first came about. It's been a pretty rocky road for him. Some days are better than others.

Well, the kids are starting to wake up, so I'd better get busy. I'm making bacon for them for breakfast, and even bought some low sodium turkey bacon for me. That should be interesting.

I hope you all have a great day!

Sylvia

• DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Good Morning (here), All,
    *Sylvia, thanks for the update. I'll keep praying. What will happen to the children when he is gone?

In the South, US it is our tradition on New Year's Day to have black eyed peas, collard greens (or other greens) and ham hock. We use any pork. I'm not sure about the collards and pork but the black eyed peas are supposed to make you prosperous throughout the year. The others bring good luck for something?

*Michele your pumpkin in brownies sounds yummy. I didn't do any sweets this year since it was just the two of us. *sigh*

*Heather, we traditionally have Christmas decorations down by New Year's Day. Our Neighborhood Association requires they be gone outside by the end of 30 days after any holiday. That's a bit long, I think. I didn't do nearly as much this year and will probably take down my tree today. I collect snowmen and will leave them out most of the week. They just make me happy.

It was actually not too much like Christmas, with just the two of us but more like a Saturday that included exchanging a couple of gifts. DH always says he doesn't want anything but one thing I got him was some "Miracle Socks" that are supposed to help with circulation. I had to insist that he try them and they did seem to help. He had heart surgery about 20 years ago and his ankles swell something terrible.

Have a great day, All and keep up the good work.

• DianaLovesCoffee
    DianaLovesCoffee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Spent a couple hours and got all the Inside Christmas stuff back in the boxes. Hubs will do the outside "before the end of January". That's our deal or he doesn't get to put up the outside lights next year. :)

I love putting up the Christmas stuff, but glad to get it back to normal again. My living room feels huge without that big tree!

I started doing squats yesterday. Just did 20, then an hour later did 20 more, then an hour later did 15 more. No weights except my own girth. Wow am I sore this morning. But it is a good sore since I know it is doing something.

With my new fitbit I just did yesterday as a normal day and logged 4500 steps. That gives me a baseline so I know how much extra I need to do to get to do to get to 10,000.

Happy Saturday to you all!

Diana in NE Indiana

• Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday! Well the snow has come. We got a couple inches and it does look pretty. This morning coming to work at 5:30am I saw a man out cleaning off his driveway in shorts. Now it is only 9 degrees out. I am working today and then tomorrow after church plan is to take the tree and stuff down.
    My eating has been crazy, I can do so well until evening and then look out. Not sure what is going on and I have been doing alot of thinking of the New Year. I want things to be different and know the choice is up to me. Doing alot of praying and trying to put all my trust in the fact God is in control.

Michele--So glad to hear Bryan called and you talked to both of them. What a nice Christmas gift.

Brenda--what a mess to wake up to. Hope you are able to get it fixed. Hugs to DD, the first year is the hardest, but seems the pain comes and goes no matter how long.

Terri--You have alot of wisdom in that the only thing you have control over is yourself. I worked on staying calm this year and just go with things as they came. I can honestly say I did so much better with having all the DGC stay the night and making cookies. DS#2 let his kids go back to Hebron with his DS so we were not able to open Christmas gifts yet, so will plan a time when they are home. Before would of been so pi***ed, but this time I just let it go and you know what it is OK, nothing bad happened because plans were changed. Good picture, thanks for sharing. Thanks for the idea of doing alittle exercise at a time. I went down this morning and rode the new-step for 10 minutes and will go down for my afternoon break and do the same. Alittle is better then nothing and don't know why I never thought of it myself.

Barbie--What a great caring friend you are.

Toni--God knew what you needed.

yanniejannie--I love books by Diane Mott Davidson. Oatmeal recipe sounds good, I will have to try that.

Sylvia--Sending hugs and prayers for you and DS.

Pat--glad to see you post.

Heather--Most the time we take our Christmas stuff down on Jan 1st. This year we are planning to take them down tomorrow (Sunday) since both of us are off and the tree is starting to get really dry. I have been watering everyday, but it's time. I usually like to put things up Dec 1st and take down Jan 1. But nothing is in stone.

Been thinking about goals for next month and the year. Lots of things going around in my head. Need to pray and get them sorted out. Hope you ladies are enjoying the day and remember we are not in this alone.
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Yanniejannie: thanks for the recipe; going to try it.

Sylvia: hug; thinking of you. Lots of problems and worries. :(

Michele: you too. Thanks for reminding me about New Year and pork. I don't eat meat, so I don't have pork, but I make Hopping John and have sauerkraut (in our family they always said you have to have cabbage at New Year's). I had my cat cremated in May; got a nice "urn" for the ashes (put a catnip toy in there too). Here's a pic.

Yes, let's post New Year's (eve or day) traditions. In addition to eating cabbage on NYD, my grandmother always said you should leave a pair of new shoes on the porch, and some new money (on NYE), to be guaranteed both in the new year. (I do it on the apartment balcony….)

We didn't really decorate for Christmas, so nothing to put away, really. We've been using these quiet days to do things like more preparations for my guy's moving, and (for me) lots of genealogy.

Hope everyone has a good day!
    Cynthia :flowerforyou:

8kfwbbhqq6o6.jpg

54053224.png
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,363 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon! :flowerforyou:

Heather - I agree with you that they do look a bit sad after Christmas. I am leaving mine up until 12th night though because we have the bulk of our visitors coming later. My kitchen/diner theme was silver this year so that will be fine for New Year entertaining. We also will be exchanging presents so the tree can stay up.

Sylvia - it's difficult to know what to say about your family situation. I just send you my love. I think your son was very brave to start talking about his death. I guess plans have to be made for any of us and so many of us avoid the issue. A living will is a good idea, but I have yet to get round to it. I know some of you have. Anyway, let's hope he lives many more years. :flowerforyou:

Joyce - what a houseful you will have! Good luck with it all! I'm not good at chaos, but some people thrive on it. :flowerforyou:

I hope those of you who had difficult memories at Christmas have come through ok. :love:

Been spending the day preparing for my New Year visitors. Made a huge lasagne which is in the freezer. I've just made some raspberry macarons, which look great, but appear to have stuck to the "non stick" lining my DH got me for Christmas. :sad: I will carefully razor them off. I still have raspberry ganache in the freezer from last time so that saves effort.
    I also got my son's bedroom ready for his visit. He is flying in tomorrow to our local airport and we have a complicated texting system for picking him up! We are too mean to pay the parking charge, which only leaves us with a ten minute window. :laugh: I haven't seen him for a year, during which time he has been suffering from severe depression. He says he is much better now. In the evening we are going to our local pub to eat with my DB and DSIL who haven't seen him for over 5 years. I have prepared a meal for him on Monday, but I wouldn't be surprised if he went back that day. He tends to prefer people in small doses! ! ! :ohwell:
    At least with him I don't feel I have to have the house super clean. He wouldn't notice. As only DDIL slept in the bed Christmas Eve I am not even changing the sheets. No one would know she had been in them! (DS slept separately as he was snoring)

Love to all. Talking about reading - I received a biography of Napoleon for Christmas from DS (which I had asked for). I am sooooooo enjoying it! :bigsmile:

Heather in sunny Hampshire UK

27681614.png
  • mollywhippet
    Options
    Just a quick note to say that I LOVE the turkey bacon. It's Butterball Everyday Low Sodium Turkey Bacon. To me, it's not too far off regular bacon in taste, although having been over two years since I ate bacon my standards are pretty low. I don't think hubby would like it at all, but I think I'm going to have it more often when I need protein. One slice has 50 MG of sodium, so that's pretty low. The calories and fat aren't bad either.

The kids are deposited safely at their apartment. My son said the test went well but he won't know the results for a few days. It's snowing to beat the band! And 32 degrees and dropping, so we may get a little accumulation. The kids are loving their new snow boots!

Now I'm at the studio waiting for the heat to come on.

Have a great day everybody!

Sylvia
  • mollywhippet
    Options
    Today's joke of the day:

:)

A man is complaining to a friend: “I had it all, money, a beautiful house, a nice car, a great motorcycle, the love of a beautiful woman. Then it was all gone!”

“What happened?” asks the friend.

“My wife found out!” replied the man.

:o

• bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    {{{Sylvia}}} ... I'll pray you're wrong ....

Sylvia ... I'm a boob! I'll be praying your SON'S wrong!
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,947 Member
    Options
    DamitJanit wrote: »
    In the South, US it is our tradition on New Year's Day to have black eyed peas, collard greens (or other greens) and ham hock. We use any pork. I'm not sure about the collards and pork but the black eyed peas are supposed to make you prosperous throughout the year. The others bring good luck for something?

I think traditionally the ham hocks were used to flavor the peas and the greens. The peas are supposed to represent coins and the greens paper money (or so I've always heard). And also a whole ham was expensive. The ham hocks were a more affordable option for most people. We usually have ham and cook our peas and greens in a healthier fashion.

I am a "get them down before New Years" person myself when it comes to the decorations. My mother tends to take hers down the day after Christmas. She has been known to take the tree down Christmas afternoon after we all leave! I know some leave them up until Epiphany. The people I know who do that usually decorate closer to Christmas while those who take them down early start decorating before or right around Thanksgiving.
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    In Hawaii, the tradition is to eat ahi (tuna) sashimi for good luck on New Years Eve. DH and I love the stuff, so we have kept that tradition going even while living in Colorado.

I've just come back from meeting Katla! We chatted over coffee for over an hour, which went by much too fast. Great to meet in person, and so looking forward to next time she comes this way to visit family.

The sun is out, the air is fresh, there is not a cloud in the sky and the mountains are heavy with several inches of powdery snow. I'm grabbing my sunglasses and heading out for a nice walk.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills

d2ey6iqipken.jpg

• yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    My mother always left decorations up through Russian Christmas (Jan.7) as we had a lot of people locally in Pa. who celebrated that one.........so I do too. I love looking at the lighted tree even well into Jan. On New Years we always ate pork and sauerkraut and lit bayberry candles. At midnight you took your purse and went outside and shook it hard to have money in the new year. I never heard the black eye pea tradition until I moved south; heck, I never ATE a black eye pea until I moved south.

Cynthia.........Very pretty urn. Hope you like the oatmeal. I made more last night; we quite liked it.........will be trying other fruits in it too.

Heather.......I'm so glad you are going to have time with the son you don't see often and glad he is doing better.

Sylvia.......It might be a good idea to see if your son will name you his power of attorney ( at least durable medical p.o.a.) and see what you all can do to head off any tricks that may come from the kids mom later on. Hoping he has many comfortable years left.

Barbie.......I love Diane Mott Davidson books too; I've tried her recipies several times and been pleased.

Vicki.........Thinking about the new year here too and have looking for a phrase, word, or just "something" and think I found it from Cindy. She wrote something the other day to the effect that: "No matter how bad you think your life is going at the moment, remember, it would be someone else's fairy tale." I need to remember this daily---I have so much in this world where so many have so little.

No usual yoga class this am...........met yoga friends at Cracker Barrel at 10am; we were to go for a walk after breakfast but time got away from us (talking!!) and I ended up just coming home as others had to be places. Now DH is waving an Applebees gift card at me and says we are going for dinner when DD gets home from lifeguarding.........

My Christmas gift (the 23andme testing package) had not arrived and he felt I needed something under the tree to open so he got me 4 (?!!!) pr of yoga socks (the ones with toes), yet another pr. of gloves, and a huge box of chocolates..........he tries, he tries....

Sunny but quite chilly. Fixed the birdfeeder yet again this am; many blue jays in this am before I left.

Enjoy your snow; those who have it! (and send some east, please!!)

yanniejannie
    mid-Atlantic

PS...........Love the pic.......Katla and Rori!!!

• janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Happy sat.under the weather.Stomach not feeling too good.
    hugs
    jane
  • Lestan48
    Lestan48 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Sunday and is my Rest and Re-feed day.
    Going for a drive and walking dog ONLY allowed today.
    Stan is cooking bacon, egg, hash browns and tomato, taking 2 Carmen's muesli bar as lunch, roast lamb dinner. = 1679 cals
    The scales are moving, have gone DOWN 1 pound since Saturday as I stuck to 1770 cals yesterday, BF% at 45.8 at night for 4 nights.
    I CAN do this as long as I log in a morning, walk 3.3 mile and do waights. Many thanks BRIAN.
    It is a lovely day and full of peace now.
    Weigh/tape/BF% Monday as soon as I get up.
    Jamie Oliver recipe books are my go to books as he has GREAT recipes
    Lesley in Tasmania