Options

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Sarauk2sf wrote: »
    ktm96 wrote: »
    It must be something else then......it just I've been on a 1200 calorie diet for the past 3 weeks-and yes, i weigh my food, and I started at 132....then down to 127.....now I've been at 130 for the past week.....its just really annoying. I SHOULD be at 126 right now but I'm 130.......what can I do? I just started playing ice hockey.....maybe I'm gaining muscle in my legs? Idk though because I only play for about 20 minutes total a game and one game per week for the last month. I skate really hard and fast though and I'm tired in my legs afterward and the day after......still though.......I should be losing SOME fat.

It's not the diet soda. Weight loss is not linear. You have not gained any appreciable muscle, if any, by playing ice hockey. You may well be retaining water in the muscle though if this is a new type of activity for you - which will be masking any loss.

I don't know who flagged this entirely useful and neutral post, but I'm just going to drop off this link to the explanation of when and how to use the flagging system in case someone needs to review it.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10019264/flagged-content-reported-posts-warning-points

^And that's my sixth flag for discussing and/or pointing out how to use the flag feature on these boards. Granted, this one was a little more passive aggressive than others, but it still doesn't fall under the guidelines of what the mods have asked us to flag.

I have 2 spam flags now - not sure what post the 2nd one is on. Plus another abuse one. This flag system is working great!!

lol....found it - its my post I mentioned I had a post flagged as spam.

I have 15. Apparently someone doesn't like me very well. :)
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    8 spam and 11 abuse, and I can't even imagine what for.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

I kind of get someone being butthurt by an answer and flagging for abuse, even though it is absolutely not and it's silly. It's the spam I just don't get. I think someone is just going round flagging randomly. Maybe flagging for abuse was not getting them what they wanted.
  • SLLRunner
    Options

I kind of get someone being butthurt by an answer and flagging for abuse, even though it is absolutely not and it's silly. It's the spam I just don't get. I think someone is just going round flagging randomly. Maybe flagging for abuse was not getting them what they wanted.
    I guess that's better than random flashers. :D
  • BramageOMG
    BramageOMG Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Drank Coke Zero .. lost 65 lbs in 5 months.. Did not seem to affect anything.
  • Juju1970
    Juju1970 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    Juju1970 wrote: »
    Sodium and water retention? Are you drinking no sodium diet soda?

There is almost no sodium in a can of diet soda. It will average around 24 mg in a 12 oz can of a typical diet cola. Some fruity sodas might be up to 70. Compared to other foods, that is negligible. An egg has 70 mg, 1/2 c of plain Greek yogurt has 55 mg, 3 oz of bell pepper has 35 mg, etc.
    I have a diet coke in my hand. The label says it has 76mg of sodium. My sons 8oz bag of potato chips only has 22.
  • meryl135
    meryl135 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    5db65a9fe98bd09957893e1eb8d48fea.jpg

OMG! I died laughing! thanks for a great start to my day :D LLP
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    277 flags, 34 are spam.

Where do you find these numbers?
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    277 flags, 34 are spam.

Where do you find these numbers?
    The bell on the right hand side of your page has notifications. On the drop down bar scroll down to the bottom where is says "your notifications" and go there. It will be then the truth, and nothing but the truth, will be told.

You will see your flags and whether people think you are a spammer or abusive, or both.

So far, I am an abuser only and not a spammer. I don't know which is worse.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Thanks! 6 spam, 19 abuse.

I'm a lightweight... :(
  • SLLRunner
    Options

Well, compared to Mr. M27 you are indeed a lightweight.

We all are. :D

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options

There is almost no sodium in a can of diet soda. It will average around 24 mg in a 12 oz can of a typical diet cola. Some fruity sodas might be up to 70. Compared to other foods, that is negligible. An egg has 70 mg, 1/2 c of plain Greek yogurt has 55 mg, 3 oz of bell pepper has 35 mg, etc.
    I have a diet coke in my hand. The label says it has 76mg of sodium. My sons 8oz bag of potato chips only has 22.

That's nothing. You can find 70+ mg of sodium in a cup of fresh unsalted swiss chard. As for chips, that's per serving - a serving being either 15 or 28 grams. So that bag of chips has at least 176 mg of sodium (and even that looks like a low sodium version).
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    I'm chugging a 2L of generic diet cola, mixed with a packet of knock-off Crystal Light flavouring powder.

Does this mean I'm going to die?

No but you still look wired. :)

• Mediocrates55
    Mediocrates55 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Y'all can continue, but I'm just gonna leave this here... *whistling*
    0doy2axty27l.jpg
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »

Well, compared to Mr. M27 you are indeed a lightweight.

We all are. :D

Lol. I thought I was leading the race but I know of 1 person at least that actually has more than I do.

Scary. :smiley:
  • Mediocrates55
    Mediocrates55 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I just got my first flag! For profanity!
    "I've been warned."
    Took long enough. Now I can join the Cool Kids Club too.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options

70 mg of sodium is for a 20 oz bottle, not a 12 oz can, which is 40.

As for an 8 oz bag of chips only having 22 my of sodium? No way. I'd love to see that packaging to see how they managed that. That would mean that entire bag was made with less than 2 potatoes, and they added no salt at all (which is a whole different kind of horrid.)
  • PrettyPearl88
    PrettyPearl88 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    ktm96 wrote: »
    But even if 1200 would be too little.....wouldnt I still lose weight? I'm at a deficit. I weigh 130 pounds and my goal is to get to 125. Its been really really hard to get to. I am 5"5. And YES. i weigh my food on a scale.

THIS, the bolded and italicized parts, is the reason you're struggling to lose the weight, not the diet soda. You're currently at a very healthy weight for your height and your body is very happy at that weight. You have very little that you want to lose. Because of all that, your body is fighting against every pound and you're going to lose weight VERY slowly.

Have patience, keep up your hard work, and if you aren't already, start lifting weights! Changing up your exercise routine will help!