20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Friday!
    Wow, this week has flown by, hasn't it?

Gym day..personal training and aquazumba. It's supposed be cold and windy. But that's okay because I'm going to use this day that has been given to me regardless of the weather. I hope you guys do too.

Stay strong!

Connie
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I love your mindset, Connie! The sun is actually shinning here although still cold. I am headed out now to soak it up!

Happy Friday, Everyone! And happy valentine's day
  • cherys
    cherys Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Connie I love your attitude.

I hopped on the scale today and I've lost 2lbs in just five days! very happy with that.

Going to do Jillian Michaels extreme shed and shred later when I've finished work for the day.

Also, sorted out Valentine's Day. We're having family over and the menu is quite high calorie, so I went out and got some lower fat pate, salad leaves and soft fruit to lay out as an accompaniment to the richer stuff. That way I can eat the healthy stuff but join in with everyone else.

Have a good weekend everyone!
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Connie gives me a boost every morning with her wonderful attitude on life.

I manage to lose 1 lb. this week Closer to my Mini goal of 180\s have 2 lbs. to go. I can do it and will

have a busy day today, First a doctor appointment, grocer shopping. Then Honey is taking me out to dinner. We are going to Catfish Cove. he loves catfish. and I have my 1-1-1- meal all plan out. Will count the breading as my carbs the oil as my fat, Fish as my protein and hit the salad bar. I would not have agree on eating fish out before 1-1-1- plan.if I was dieting. But I am not dieting I Am on a new lifestyle of eating. yay! But will still eat in moderation

have a good one
    1914560arybskqvox.gif

marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    cherys wrote: »
    Connie I love your attitude.

I hopped on the scale today and I've lost 2lbs in just five days! very happy with that.

Going to do Jillian Michaels extreme shed and shred later when I've finished work for the day.

Also, sorted out Valentine's Day. We're having family over and the menu is quite high calorie, so I went out and got some lower fat pate, salad leaves and soft fruit to lay out as an accompaniment to the richer stuff. That way I can eat the healthy stuff but join in with everyone else.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Wonderful wieght lost cherry

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Morning,

SW 191.8
    CW 175.6
    GW 163.6

Love all the positive attitudes on this thread. HAPPY VALENTINES DAY TO ALL!

Hubby is making breakfast and then going to my Yoga class. Very very cold here today!

I did lose this week 1.4 lbs. so I am making progress. One more week then onto Jamaica for
    some sun and fun.

Good luck everyone !

Shirley
    Ontario, Canada

• beszmytke
    beszmytke Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Faye, so happy for you! That quote was one of the first things I saw when I joined this challenge, and it has stuck with me all the days since! It makes me realize that I have to love myself enough to stick with the goal of getting what I want most - even though some days are harder than others!

Today is our son's 19th birthday, and we are going to a favorite restaurant. I have already made my choices, and am going to stick to them once we get there! February and March are hard months - two of us have birthdays in February, and two in March! Lots of temptation, but this year my birthday present is giving myself a healthy body and a lifestyle that keeps it.

Love to you all - I have been so busy and can't get to posting, but I know you are there for me as I am for all of you. Happy Valentines!

Belinda
  • eatless83
    eatless83 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone, had Dermatology appt.this morning and late getting to our thread.
    It is so exciting to see all of the losses today, wow this group has got it going on!!! I always get
    more motivated when I see all the posts on weigh in day!!! Congrats to all of you!!!
    Went shopping yesterday and saw a top that I tried on before Christmas but was too tight and
    found it on a 65% off sale yesterday tried it on and fits perfectly!!! That gave me a boost!!!
    I always try to reward myself with clothes rather than food when I have been faithful on my plan.
    Have a great evening!
    Nancy in MS

I love it when that happens!!!

Good on you Nancy!!
  • Eeyores
    Eeyores Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    count me in !
    SW:192
    CW:180
    GW:140
  • Kenea993
    Kenea993 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Darn it cut me off :)...... Anyways, they are only 100 Cal, 6g Fat, 13g Carb, 1g Protein. They had a lot of options from 100 up to 180 cal (which is a little too much for my current calorie allowance) , but I can definitely work these yummy treats in once in a while :smile:

I think I will look into those. Thanks!

Today I'm at home alone. Always difficult to not snack while at home but I think I'll Try being productive in other ways to keep my mind and tummy occupied. I'll write a menu for this next week and plan on going to the store today or tomorrow. thinking about food always helps me not eat food when I know I'll have it later :)

I live setting everyone's posts. It's so inspiring! Welcome all new comers!
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Congrats to the ones who had a loss today. So proud of you!!!
    I also agree that Connie is such an inspiration!! It's great to have this thread to keep us motivated.
    Have a great day.
    Nancy
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    Connie gives me a boost every morning with her wonderful attitude on life.

I manage to lose 1 lb. this week Closer to my Mini goal of 180\s have 2 lbs. to go. I can do it and will

have a busy day today, First a doctor appointment, grocer shopping. Then Honey is taking me out to dinner. We are going to Catfish Cove. he loves catfish. and I have my 1-1-1- meal all plan out. Will count the breading as my carbs the oil as my fat, Fish as my protein and hit the salad bar. I would not have agree on eating fish out before 1-1-1- plan.if I was dieting. But I am not dieting I Am on a new lifestyle of eating. yay! But will still eat in moderation

have a good one
    1914560arybskqvox.gif

marie
    Yay, Marie!!!

Enjoy your fish dinner! Going out to eat is no longer a chore...we just have to decide on the carb...the rest is easy!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Since I am having to eliminate gluten from my diet. I brought a yellow gluten free cake mix and will add a can of pumpkin to it and make a spice cake out of it divide it up and freeze it to have on hand. for a carb some day.. See how it effect me. weight wise.i know it will be good for my guts.Those Vitamin muffin tops are good. had one yesterday and wish I had not
    Marie
  • lovesretirement
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Congrats to all you Friday losers...Cherys, Shirley, Marie, and anyone I missed from the other page!!

Belinda is right...we need to love ourselves enough by "giving ourselves a healthy body and a lifestyle that keeps it". I love that!

You guys contribute soooo much to my attitude..this thread is my lifeline of encouragement, and I would have a much tougher time if not for being a part of it. <3

One quote that I have been keeping in mind lately is from the movie Shawshank Redemption. Near the end of the movie when Morgan Freeman's character, Red, decides to join his friend, he says, "Get busy living, or get busy dying!" That pretty much sums it up for me.

Have a wonderful weekend and Valentine's Day!

Connie
  • Abakan
    Abakan Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Fab thread people, so inspiring. Congratulation to all you wonderful losers this week your commitment is awesome.
    My commitment to losing the 12lbs I want to lose has been sadly missing having only lost 1.5lbs up to now but I am recommitting to this today, I will weigh on Sunday and make that my weigh day.
    My daughter and 2 granddaughters are arriving tomorrow to spend the week with us so life will get hectic in our house, I can't wait to see them.
    Have a great Friday all.
    Linda UK.
  • nuts4labs
    nuts4labs Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi all, been a rough week for me have been sick with Strep and crazy schedule plus the twins birthday. my weigh in stats are:

SW 174.3
    LW 172.3
    CW 172.3
    Weeks Completed 2
    GW for the challenge 162
    This weeks loss 0lbs
    Total Loss for challenge: 2lbs

I am a little disappointed, grateful I didn't gain but disappointed I didn't lose, I think it is because I haven't been consistent! It's a new week and hopefully turning the tide on the sickness front!

Expecting another 12+ inches of snow this weekend, that will be 7 feet of snow in 24 or so days. As I write this I am getting a text from the local media "Blizzard Warning for Norfolk County" that is my county! Hooray! Not! While we get snow we are not prepared for this amount and in such a short period of time. Spring cannot get here fast enough in my opinion!

Thanks for the support, I need to try and sign in more frequently I'm sure that will help me focus better!

Kay, in snow covered MA
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Kay I Think 2 lbs is great for 2 weeks I would like to do that..you are doing just fine
    marie
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Congratulations all Friday losers!
    Glad the scale is moving for you again, Marie!

Happy V Day!!
    Ruthie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,956 Member
    Options
    882656os4hb1nqh5.gif

My wonderful hubby is honoring my commitment to health by not insisting that we go to a restaurant for Valentine's Day. He is also not buying candy or any food treat.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Barbie Does jake still play golf? The last picture I saw of him he looks in fantastic shape.
    marie......happy valentine to you both