20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I get 72% cacao. anything over 70% is suppose to be good! higher tastes kind of bitter to me? it is really good and a little bit hits the spot.
  • eatless83
    eatless83 Posts: 158 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    JLoRuthie wrote: »
    Weigh in this morning: I lost 2lbs! That puts me at 9lbs. I am happy about that but it is such hard work I wish it would go more quickly.

SW 202
    CW 193
    GW Easter: 182
    Lbs lost: 9
    Lbs to go: 11

This is fantastic!! Well done!

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    slw19 wrote: »
    I get 72% cacao. anything over 70% is suppose to be good! higher tastes kind of bitter to me? it is really good and a little bit hits the spot.

What part of the store would I find it?

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Well done everyone!

Eatless - Congratulations getting to Onederland! Awesome, you are awesome.

Linda - N. Ont. - 4 lbs fantastic! Stay with what works it can only get better.

Marie - Glad you got rid of that pesky water weight. Keep up the good work. Your 111 plan
    is working.

I just read some information from MFP very much like the 1-1-1 plan. Make sure you
    have protein, fat, and a low carb at every meal. I like all the good info they give you here.

For me today is cardio with weights and 40 squats for my challenge.

I better get busy. Enjoy the day ladies and keep on going.

"When you feel like quitting think about why you started"

Shirley
    Ontario, Canada

More snow today and the temps are going to plummet.
  • Kenea993
    Kenea993 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT.

I read this on someone's post on MFP when I first started and I adopted it as my own. Every success I've experienced has been because health and fitness are at the top of my list ahead of recreational eating, pleasing others, relaxing, and a lot of other things that get in the way of doing what I know to be right.

<3 Barbie

I love this quote. My mom keeps telling me "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" I need to listen to that more as chocolate is a huge weakness of mine.

I've decided I'm going to try and pan out as much if my meals and exercise as I can ahead of time. I'm going to write it all in my diary in the morning and then I can tweak it based on the decisions I make throughout the day. I think this will help me see how big a decision such as "I'm to tired to go for a walk or get on the elliptical" or "I can have a second helping if this" will effect my entire day and my goals. any suggestions or tips for this?

I have a big test today and a lot of homework to finish up. I'm ready to hunker down and be productive today!
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    what a great quote from Barbie!! I totally agree with that and also think planning your meals and exercise is a great decision! but I have also grown to understand that forgiving yourself when you hit a bump in the road is the key to moving on....

marie- dark chocolate is either in the candy aisle or baking aisle. make sure it is at least 70% cacao. I like the individual squares as it is easier for portion control.
  • BeckyGreen43
    Options
    Hi everyone! I would like to! It's a little late in the game but I need some motivation too!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    you are so welcome. Never to late to start losing. We will have a July challengeSo keep an eye on us. Will announce it later on this thread.But in the mean time get a head start on the Easter challenge
    maie
  • Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options

I love this quote. My mom keeps telling me "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" I need to listen to that more as chocolate is a huge weakness of mine. /quote]

Hi Kenea993 ~ Yesterday at the grocery store I was perusing the skinny cow and WW frozen yummies in search of an allowable treat to have with my Valentine...... I can happily report the English Toffee Crunch ice cream bar is a hit
  • Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Darn it cut me off :)...... Anyways, they are only 100 Cal, 6g Fat, 13g Carb, 1g Protein. They had a lot of options from 100 up to 180 cal (which is a little too much for my current calorie allowance) , but I can definitely work these yummy treats in once in a while :smile:
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone, had Dermatology appt.this morning and late getting to our thread.
    It is so exciting to see all of the losses today, wow this group has got it going on!!! I always get
    more motivated when I see all the posts on weigh in day!!! Congrats to all of you!!!
    Went shopping yesterday and saw a top that I tried on before Christmas but was too tight and
    found it on a 65% off sale yesterday tried it on and fits perfectly!!! That gave me a boost!!!
    I always try to reward myself with clothes rather than food when I have been faithful on my plan.
    Have a great evening!
    Nancy in MS
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Rewarding oneself with clothes, jewelry, pedicure is always best instead of food.

Nancy - Congratulations on the top fitting, always a good feeling. :D

Shirley
    Ontario, Canada
    -
  • CALIECAT
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I just notice we hit the 2K posters on this thread. Who would have believe it 2 months ago. not me for one.

“Happiness is a byproduct of making other people happy.” I stole this quote off of a dear friend I think tis is a Perry Como quote
    lets go for 3K
  • ldavislamer
    Options
    Happy Thursday everyone! Tomorrow is FRIDAY!!! Tomorrow I get to see my girl!!! Can't wait! I have done well this week sticking to my plan and hope that I will get to report some loss tomorrow. Happy Valentine's to you all....you help make my heart healthy & happy!!
  • ckjolliffe
    Options
    I would like to start.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    ckjolliffe wrote: »
    I would like to start.

Welcome ckioliffe This is a great bunch of loser. I am sure you will like it here
    marie

• CALIECAT
    Options
    Barbie have you an jake got the sodium work out yet. But knowing you , you will.
    good luck-marie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,973 Member
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    Barbie have you an jake got the sodium work out yet. But knowing you , you will.
    good luck-marie

:D Marie, Jake has ordered three low sodium cookbooks and he is gradually getting rid of some of the foods he usually eats that are high sodium. He told one of his friends that he will be eating out less because of the sodium in restaurant food. He is taking charge of his new way of eating and I am cooperating but not trying to be the boss.

1056287i3zmwzup2m.gifBarbie
  • angawilson
    angawilson Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    :)
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday everyone! Tomorrow is FRIDAY!!! Tomorrow I get to see my girl!!! Can't wait! I have done well this week sticking to my plan and hope that I will get to report some loss tomorrow. Happy Valentine's to you all....you help make my heart healthy & happy!!

Ida..I know you will have a wonderful time! Enjoy!