20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• Kenea993
    Kenea993 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Congrats on everyone's loss! So exciting! It weigh in day for me and I'm down 2.6 lbs! Which is really suppressing with the food choices I've been making this week. but I did try and even it it with exercise.
    Sw 223
    Cw 215.2
    Gw ~130
    Getting down there. Since I started this challenge late but all the weight I've lost is since January I'm going to count that weight towards the 20lbs so total loss of 7.8 lbs
  • eatless83
    eatless83 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Way to go Kenea993!!!

That is a great achievement! Be very proud!

• eatless83
    Options
    I saw this quote on somebody's post on here (can't remember who exactly so forgive me) but it has helped me all day!!

"Don't give up on what you really really want, just for what you want right now!"

(Or something like that)

I have been chanting it in my head all day especially when I walked past my favorite pasty shop (walking past alone is a NSV for me :-))

I recommend giving it a try whenever you feel temptation creeping in...it really does work!

Happy losing folks

Faye

• LinCharpentier
    LinCharpentier Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Golly gee wiz I fell so far behind. Didn't mean to but did. I'm doing ok with dieting i'm back with it. Tops tonight and i'm sure of a loss If my wii isn't lying.

Connie
    Told you to get back to bed I think that was Sat. See that you did and you benefitted from it. You certainly can send sunshine and warmth my way. dull snowy day again today. Hate those days with no sun.

Marie
    I had my hair done on Monday also. They say feel good do good.
    Your lying when you say your 84 i'm only 67 and not near computer savy as you are.
    I had my fit bit working good not sync in here but doing what I wanted until I crashed the puter and lost the time on it. It has to be on time. Going to get my niece here so she can fix it and maybe my wii also.
    Watch the sodium in those canned soups some are terrible.

Shirley
    Hope the colonoscopy went well. And they didn't find no problems.

Christine
    Nice loss

Well I only got to page 63 I have to get off my tush and get some housework done.
    I will be back soon.
    Linda in Northern Ontario.

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I check my diary out and it seems to be filled out correctly o I don't know what the problem is I think I am going to not let it worry me.
    marie

<3 Shirley I was checking out my email from MFP about the squats Challenge. Are you following their challenge. I may look into it.But only doing half of the amount till I work up to it Do you think I can do it. oh I know you can do anything if you set your mind to it. I know I became a #1 couch potatoes in my older days. did not used to be like this. I used to walk all over town when I was most of you age. Me and My dog Angel. I wish they had fit bit out then.. If I did not walk my legs would ache to get out there and walk. My how times has change, But nobody fault but my own,
    I read all the post up till now and enjoy every one of them. You all are doing great Way beyond my expectations
    I am looking forward to spending Valentines Day with my husband of 58 years.
    Sorry to be so grumpy this morning

Marie

2222325ng9kg1v4y0.jpg
  • cristina0000
    cristina0000 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Abakan wrote: »
    Alice thankyou for the sunshine and I hope you make your 10,000 steps today 3 days in a row is awesome.

Great weight loss Christine, Nancy, misscaligreen and Connie, well done.

Christine... Thanks for the recipe it looks really yummy with the fruit in, all the green smoothie recipes I've seem never have any fruit. I'll be giving your recipe a try hopefully tomorrow I'll let you know how I get on.
    Linda UK.

Thank you!! There are several recipes online like this one. I started the green smoothies in the beginning of Dec and I'm down 18 lbs so far!!

I have one or two green smoothies a day, no carbs, no sugars and no alcohol. I also have a healthy meal, snacks and plenty of exercise. It really works!
  • cristina0000
    Options
    eatless83 wrote: »
    I got on the scale today and finally broke out of the 170's!! Today's weight 168.8...I'm so thrilled!!

SW: 191
    CW: 168.8
    GW: 135

Way to go!!

It feels so good breaking into that next bracket!!

Keep it up :-)

Thank you! Even though it was only 1.2 lbs...it made me so happy!

• eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!!! Looks like a great day here, sunny and not too cold. Think it is a good day to go shopping after my bike exercise!!!
    I so agree with Connie "in the past those scales have caused me to get discouraged and quit whatever diet I was doing at that time."
    Not anymore because I am doing a life style change, I weigh but I go more by the way my clothes fit and the way I feel and if the scales show
    a loss I like that too.
    Hope y'all have a great day.
    Nancy in MS
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    I saw this quote on somebody's post on here (can't remember who exactly so forgive me) but it has helped me all day!!

"Don't give up on what you really really want, just for what you want right now!"

(Or something like that)

I have been chanting it in my head all day especially when I walked past my favorite pasty shop (walking past alone is a NSV for me :-))

I recommend giving it a try whenever you feel temptation creeping in...it really does work!

Happy losing folks

Faye

I love that quote, too. I think it's from Barbie.
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Golly gee wiz I fell so far behind. Didn't mean to but did. I'm doing ok with dieting i'm back with it. Tops tonight and i'm sure of a loss If my wii isn't lying.

Connie
    Told you to get back to bed I think that was Sat. See that you did and you benefitted from it. You certainly can send sunshine and warmth my way. dull snowy day again today. Hate those days with no sun.

Marie
    Your lying when you say your 84 i'm only 67 and not near computer savy as you are.
    I had my fit bit working good not sync in here but doing what I wanted until I crashed the puter and lost the time on it. It has to be on time. Going to get my niece here so she can fix it and maybe my wii also.
    Watch the sodium in those canned soups some are terrible.

Shirley

Christine
    Nice loss

Well I only got to page 63 I have to get off my tush and get some housework done.
    I will be back soon.

Yes, I really did benefit from that extra time in bed! Thanks so much for suggesting it. I need to domthat more often.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I am on the hunt for a 1-1-1- Smoothie rrecipe anyone got one.
    Cristine has me curious on smoothie With spring coming up and all the fresh fruits
    Marie
  • lovesretirement
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Kenea.. Fantastic loss!

Marie.. You are not being grumpy..you are just "reflecting" on things from back in the day. The Fitbit is just an expensive pedometer. I wish I had been the one to come up with that marketing idea!

Exercise is done..on my way to hair appointment like some other girls I know.
  • Mistydl2012
    Mistydl2012 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    raindancer wrote: »
    I finally got a new picture.

(Or something like that)

Happy losing folks

Faye

My step aerobics in structure told me another really good quote.
    "Remember your abs are made in the kitchen"
    I just love this quote because it sums things up so well at least for me it did lol.
    My weight loss this week was 1.2 lbs. My goal was 15 lb loss from Dec 1st to April 1st and I am now down 13.8lbs. I am so proud of myself.
    Congrats to everyone and their weight loss this week I love getting on here and reading everyone's success stories.
  • CALIECAT
    Options

Connie

Marie
    Watch the sodium in those canned soups some are terr

Shirley

Christine
    Nice loss

I will be back soon.

Lin how did your muffins turn out. I think it ws you that was waitin for them to come out of the oven?
    Marie

• CALIECAT
    Options
    Kenea993 wrote: »
    Congrats on everyone's loss! So exciting! It weigh in day for me and I'm down 2.6 lbs! Which is really suppressing with the food choices I've been making this week. but I did try and even it it with exercise.
    Sw 223
    Cw 215.2
    Gw ~130
    Getting down there. Since I started this challenge late but all the weight I've lost is since January I'm going to count that weight towards the 20lbs so total loss of 7.8 lbs

WTG Kenea. Wonderful. Good times lets do the happy dance.
    marie

• cristina0000
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    I am on the hunt for a 1-1-1- Smoothie rrecipe anyone got one.
    Cristine has me curious on smoothie With spring coming up and all the fresh fruits
    Marie

What is a 1-1-1? I will check once I know what it is. I use frozen fruit because it makes the smoothie thick but I guess with fresh you'd jus add ice.
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Misty- great loss so far, just 1.2 lbs from your goal, looks like you'll have alot more off by April.
    Christina-congratulations on your loss, you have been losing consistently, on your fruit smoothies you might add some juice of some kind in too or rum, nah just kidding.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    The 1-1-1- diet is compose of 1 serving of carb, 1 servings of protein and 1 serving of fat.Fruits count as carbs. we et 1 c of fruit for each carb sevings.Their are several of us on it here non starchy veggies. are free.are on it
    I think a good one for me is 1 scroop of protein powder for my protein, 1 c berries. for my carbs 1 T peanut butter foe my fat.1 c frozen spinach For veggies. Don't know what I would use for milk For Milk is a protein on this plan. I guess water. They said something about coconut water, but have no iseal where I would find it.
    marie
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Abakan wrote: »
    Alice thankyou for the sunshine and I hope you make your 10,000 steps today 3 days in a row is awesome.

Great weight loss Christine, Nancy, misscaligreen and Connie, well done.

Christine... Thanks for the recipe it looks really yummy with the fruit in, all the green smoothie recipes I've seem never have any fruit. I'll be giving your recipe a try hopefully tomorrow I'll let you know how I get on.
    Linda UK.

Thank you!! There are several recipes online like this one. I started the green smoothies in the beginning of Dec and I'm down 18 lbs so far!!

I have one or two green smoothies a day, no carbs, no sugars and no alcohol. I also have a healthy meal, snacks and plenty of exercise. It really works!

Cristina - that's my daughter's name too but spelled with a K. I have a smoothie but not every morning. I like the variety and change of foods. Good for you that you are doing so well and have lost 18 pounds. Congrats!!

Thanks everyone for the encouraging words on my procedure. Sure glad that is over
    and back on solid foods. I did lose 1.4 pounds on just fluids but alas up this morning on the scale as soon as I got back to solid food. They say it is good to just fast one day a week. It is supposed to be good for the digestive system. I haven't done that yet, but
    sure do like the idea of a total clean out. LOL

Marie Love the cat graphic. That is exactly how I feel before my first coffee. ;)
    You would find the coconut milk in the organic section of your grocery store.
    It comes in a carton and is on the shelf not the fridge section. I use that in my smoothies too. Plus spinach or cut up Kale. I had one this morning. I also use Greek Yogurt 0% plain instead of milk but I do use water. Yes, I am doing the MFP squats. I don't know Marie, they are kind of tough if you are not used to them. Plus you have to be careful not to hurt your knees. Just saying.

Nancy Since I am a sailor I like the idea of rum in the smoothie too. LOL

Connie
    Well I checked into Aqua Fit in my area and the only place that has it is the
    YMCA but you must buy a membership which is $43 a month. You cannot not go the class and pay as go. They used to have that plan but not any more. :( I don't think I will go as much to use the whole facility. I have been there and done that and pulled out.

Good luck everyone this week!

Shirley
    Ontario,
    Canada

• eatless83
    Options
    Happy dance....I just made onederland!!

SW 205
    CW 199
    GW 185
    UGW 170

I couldn't have done it without you all :-)