20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Valentine's Saturday!

Linda, enjoy your weekend with your grands.

Kay, I know you are keeping warm. I can't imagine that much snow and having to be confined indoors. Glad you are on the mend.

Barbie, kudos to your hubby for his understanding and support.

Keep in mind that while this is a challenge, and many of us will not lose 20, we are still winners because we stayed the course of establishing a heathy lifestyle.

Today is a rest day for me. Although chilly, it's beautiful and sunny so I will get some steps in with dog walking.

I hope you guys have a wonderful, loving, and mindful day.

Stay strong!

Connie
  • tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Good morning and Happy Valentine's Day to each of you!

Well, I didn't have any loss this week and was actually up 1 lb this morning. :-( I know my intake was at or below 1300 cal each day with the exception of one or two and those were over only by maybe 200 calories. So, the weight may be more water than actual weight.

I just have to remember that since the beginning of the year I am still down 5 lb. So, I'll be happy and keep on keepin' on!

I spent 12 hours with my grandbabies (2 1/2 and 6 mos) babysitting yesterday and I know I got exercise that wasn't really logged by my Fitbit. I plan to make one change to my eating this week and see if there is a loss by next Saturday.

Congrats to everyone who had a loss this week!!!

Becky in Maryland
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    959126yuqlio0564.gif

my happy scales stay the same this morning. So my lovely valentine dinner with hubby did not seemed to hurt me.. never know what is hidden in restaurant .food.
    have a great healthy day

My breakfast this morning will be the oatmeal and cottage cheese pancakes.

Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Becky good morning to you and your wonderful good looking family.5 pounds lost is great. Just keep working on it. IT will come off.
    Love Marie
    HAPPY Valentine

Connie thanks for the good day greetings. you're the best. What is your doggie name and what breed of dog.? I lost my little Jack Russell the 4th of December and I miss him so. I did not know he kept such a watchful eye on me. But he did. if I call for Jerry he would go get him let me know if the phone rang Of course if the door bell rang all sorts of thing to keep me safe. he knew I was handicapped in lots of ways. His name was Sammy
    marie
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    Becky good morning to you and your wonderful good looking family.5 pounds lost is great. Just keep working on it. IT will come off.
    Love Marie
    HAPPY Valentine

Connie thanks for the good day greetings. you're the best. What is your doggie name and what breed of dog.? I lost my little Jack Russell the 4th of December and I miss him so. I did not know he kept such a watchful eye on me. But he did. if I call for Jerry he would go get him let me know if the phone rang Of course if the door bell rang all sorts of thing to keep me safe. he knew I was handicapped in lots of ways. His name was Sammy
    marie

Hi Marie...glad you had a fun night out! My weight is up this morning. My strength training yesterday was intense, and I think my muscles are retaining water. This is usually the case every week. Using Happy Scales helps me see the patterns.

My dog's name is Cooper, and he's a Shih Tzu. He will be 7 next month. This photo is right after grooming a week before Christmas.r5qb4a5c1vi7.jpg
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Morning and Happy Valentines Day,

Another successful week and we are going strong. I have one more week and then my trip to Jamaica. I would like to see one more pound down before then. I will try hard and with all the support from this group I know I can do it!

Last night we went out for dinner and I had two pieces of fish, skipped the fries, had a nice salad and a little coleslaw. I did have a lite beer which I haven't had since I started losing and got on the scale and was down a pound. So if I can keep that momentum going I should be good for next week's weigh in. I will keep one more week on my eating plan before I go.

Linda UK A pound and half is a great loss. If you lose that every week you will reach your
    goal before you know it. Don't put too much pressure on yourself and set yourself up for failure.
    Little by little it all adds up. Good luck next week.

It is snowing hard right now and shoveling will be my exercise today. We are waiting for it to let up before we go and clean up. It just won't stop.

Enjoy your valentines days whatever you are doing with family and friends.

Shirley
    Ontario, Canada
  • Mscandacens
    Mscandacens Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm in too. Good luck everyone
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Connie Cooper is just darling I have a great great grandson name cooper.............. you are building muscle my friend so they say. they weigh more that fat. I bet your clothes can tell the difference
    <3<3 marie
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    happy valentines day everybody!! hope everyone has a great day!

it was my daughters half birthday yesterday so I had some cake. my weight is up as well this morning:( I did weight train also yesterday, never thought about my muscles retaining water?

did spin this morning, my god it was hard!! going to dinner with my hubby tonight, sushi. have a great day everyone!!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I'm in too. Good luck everyone

Welcome mscandacens
    Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Shirley61 wrote: »
    Morning and Happy Valentines Day,

Another successful week and we are going strong. I have one more week and then my trip to Jamaica. I would like to see one more pound down before then. I will try hard and with all the support from this group I know I can do it!

Last night we went out for dinner and I had two pieces of fish, skipped the fries, had a nice salad and a little coleslaw. I did have a lite beer which I haven't had since I started losing and got on the scale and was down a pound. So if I can keep that momentum going I should be good for next week's weigh in. I will keep one more week on my eating plan before I go.

Linda UK A pound and half is a great loss. If you lose that every week you will reach your
    goal before you know it. Don't put too much pressure on yourself and set yourself up for failure.
    Little by little it all adds up. Good luck next week.

It is snowing hard right now and shoveling will be my exercise today. We are waiting for it to let up before we go and clean up. It just won't stop.

Enjoy your valentines days whatever you are doing with family and friends.

Shirley
    Ontario, Canada
    pictures please Shirley of your snow. We have not had a drop
    of snow this year yet?
    We may next week or have a chance of some.
    marie
  • Kenea993
    Kenea993 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Good morning! About to start my Zumba class so well have to cone back and read later but I am in love with zumba! Lotd of food prep for the up coming week. I went grocery shopping last night. going to clean out the fridge today and do some food prep. Also making a slew cooker ham for dinner so I can use the ham for a few other things this week. :) we are suppose to get snow on Monday and Tuesday. hopefully that happens cause we haven't seen much snow this winter.
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Marie - I just took some pictures on my tablet, I have to see how to get them on here yet.
    - Shirley
  • LinCharpentier
    LinCharpentier Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    This is taken from page 66 i fell behind again.
    Marie
    Don't fret over fluctuation our bodies are sometimes like sponges.
    This 1-1-1 diet can I find it in google.

Shirley
    Where are you situated in Ontario

Darn cold in NOrthern ontario today
    Linda

• LinCharpentier
    Options
    End of page 67 trying to catch up but my grandkids are here so should go spend time with them but I have them since 3 yesterday lol.
    Connie
    love that saying
    Get busy living or get busy dying

Linda N.O.
  • LinCharpentier
    Options
    All caught up

Well not much to report other than my day is going well. Even went and used my exercise machines downstairs used all 4 of them and did some fast dancing to an old record album.

See you all lighter
    Linda
  • Shirley61
    edited February 2015
    Options
    zcgux76zk3js.jpg

Here is a picture of our snow today. We are supposed to get between 10-14 inches more.

Linda N. Ont. -- I am in Southern Ontario, Niagara Region ( Wine country)
    Shirley
  • Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Holy Cannoli Shirley :o. Sounds like a good day to just snuggle in :)
  • Kenea993
    Kenea993 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Wow Shirley! I hope you have some soup stocked up. I love soup when it's snowy and cold. I love sitting next to the window and watching it fall :)

Zumba was amazing. I think I'm falling in love. we used these jingle shirts that were so fun! I feel great afterwards and an being so productive which reminds me of one of the laws of motion "an object in motion starts in motion. "
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I got my food chart all filled out and sent in. I think I miss sending it in yesterday,
    I made some changes/ instead of protein powder I just use skim milk, ! T. coconut oil and a cup of frozen strawberries. my doctor do not want me to eat too much protein on account of my Kidneys problens. Sure do not want my kidneys to shut down. I had the cottage cheese and oatmeal pan cake this morning and they were quite good. But must admit mine looks more like scramble egg instead of pancakes. But still enjoy them.
    it is 75 outside think I will get a short walk in. before another cool front hit us.

This is a powerful thread. Such wonderful people sending you all a cup of kindness

marie