20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    ot tis ideal off of a post on Ranie web site.
    My favorite is a toasted english muffin with a tablespoon of peanut butter and 2 slices of bacon! It is great before the gym! - See more at: http://theoneoneonediet.com/topic/111-breakfast-ideas/#sthash.ci9qPiOc.dpuf

But I thought we get 2 T. of peanut butter
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone is having a Happy Valentines Day!!! My hubby took me out for breakfast and I was good and stayed on plan!!!
    Oh Connie you have the most Precious Cooper. He looks so happy and content. I had a Wonderful Pekingese for 17 years and have not ever wanted to go through losing another. They are definitely family.
    Nancy
  • Sunnyfarm
    Sunnyfarm Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Happy Valentines Day! Thi an group is so inspiring.

So last Friday I didn't have a weight lose but on Sunday I had a lose of 1.2 lbs. And yesterday I had another lose of .8 lbs. For a total og 2. Lbs. I am looking forward to the 60's.

Now about my challenge to exercise 5 times this week. I only did 3 days. 4 if sweeping and mopping a 4 room dance studio counts. I have a better plan for this coming week to help me start a regimen of exercise. I'm also going to challenge my self to drink 8 to 10 glasses of water. I realized there are days that I don't drink water and I want to do better in this area.
  • lululovebaby
    Options
    Hi everyone one . I'm doing my check in I'm super excited I just joined a gym and I star Monday.
    Sw.189
    Cw.180
    Gw.169
    Slowly but surely
  • Sunnyfarm
    Sunnyfarm Posts: 111 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Sunnyfarm wrote: »

So last Friday I didn't have a weight lose but on Sunday I had a lose of 1.2 lbs. And yesterday I had another lose of .8 lbs. For a total og 2. Lbs. I am looking forward to the 60's.

Now about my challenge to exercise 5 times this week. I only did 3 days. 4 if sweeping and mopping a 4 room dance studio counts. I have a better plan for this coming week to help me start a regimen of exercise. I'm also going to challenge my self to drink 8 to 10 glasses of water. I realized there are days that I don't drink water and I want to do better in this area.

I forgot to put my stats
    SW 181
    CW 171.4
    GW 160
  • MsLadyPirate
    MsLadyPirate Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone had a wonderful <3 Valentine's Day <3 I didn't do very well with what I ate, but I did go dancing and worked it off. :smile:
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    I got my food chart all filled out and sent in. I think I miss sending it in yesterday,
    I made some changes/ instead of protein powder I just use skim milk, ! T. coconut oil and a cup of frozen strawberries. my doctor do not want me to eat too much protein on account of my Kidneys problens. Sure do not want my kidneys to shut down. I had the cottage cheese and oatmeal pan cake this morning and they were quite good. But must admit mine looks more like scramble egg instead of pancakes. But still enjoy them.
    it is 75 outside think I will get a short walk in. before another cool front hit us.

This is a powerful thread. Such wonderful people sending you all a cup of kindness

marie

I was wondering what your lunch was Marie! Now I know:-)
  • JLoRuthie
    Options
    Sunnyfarm wrote: »

I love to hear that! Way not to get discouraged. You are doing so well.
    Ruthie
  • JLoRuthie
    Options
    Shirley61 wrote: »
    zcgux76zk3js.jpg

Here is a picture of our snow today. We are supposed to get between 10-14 inches more.

Linda N. Ont. -- I am in Southern Ontario, Niagara Region ( Wine country)
    Shirley

Beautiful! How long will it stick around?
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hi everyone one . I'm doing my check in I'm super excited I just joined a gym and I star Monday.
    Sw.189
    Cw.180
    Gw.169
    Slowly but surely

Lu Lu your weight is my Mini goal I am hoping to reach 180 by Friday if not tis coming Friday then the next Friday. Congrats on the 9 lb loss. We are a losing bunch. 56 yesrs ago I did lose to 125 lbs by drinking the original WW milk shake which I am drinking now milk is good for weight lost of course I was much younger and more active then.. my Happy scales drop this morning , But will not count it till this coming Friday. I am a happy camper.

Good luck at the gym.

marie
  • LinCharpentier
    LinCharpentier Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Good morning all.
    Marie and others interested
    Here is an easy way to make your oatmeal pancakes. I make a bunch and put it in a container. Take your oatmeal and make oatmeal flour in you ninja or whatever you have that blends. Then add your eggs and water serve with this.
    blueberry sauce
    3 cups of fresh or frozen blueberries ( I pick my own)
    1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice.
    4 tsp of cornstarch
    2 tbs. of cold water
    1 teaspoon lemon juice
    1 tsp. vanilla
    2 tbs. of substitude sugar ( I don't use it I like it without)

Put blueberries and apple juice in a pot and let simmer 5min.
    Mix your cornstarch and water in small dish. Stir into blueberries. simmer 2 min.
    Serve warn or room temperature. I keep it in the fridge because I double this. I like it just on toast.
    1/4 cup is 46 calories. for those watching carbs. 11g. No fat no cholesterol.
    I got this out of the Company's coming diabetic cook book.

So let's work on a great day and a great loss for the coming week.
    Linda in Northern Ontario.
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Sunday!

I'm just peeking in before heading to church. Kinda got a late start this morning. I slept longer than I usually do, so I am rushing. It's gorgeous outside as far as the sunshine goes, but it is in the low 20's with a 16 windchill. Cold for this part of the world. BUT no complaints from me; I am thankful for another day.

Have a wonderful Sunday!
    Stay strong, challengers!

Connie
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Morning,
    It's -7 F this morning. I just finished breakfast of one egg, pea meal bacon, and some blackberries.
    We are going out for dinner to a German restaurant tonight with friends and to an NFL hockey game.
    I will be careful what I order.

Ruthie- The snow stays until end of March but we have a thaw now and again. I don't put away
    The boots until after April 4th which is my birthday.
  • beszmytke
    beszmytke Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! I lost a pound since yesterday, and did a little happy dance when I weighed this am :-)

Shirley, are you going to a Sabres game? They play Philly tonight - hope you have a great time. I am a rabid Red Wings fan - we went to a game last night here. Your weather is our weather - -7 with a -20 wind chill right now.

We are having a family birthday dinner for our youngest son tonight, so i'll be home all day (yay!) preparing.

Hope you all have a lovely Sunday!

Belinda
    Plymouth MI
  • LinCharpentier
    LinCharpentier Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Shirley
    Enjoy your outing. That's not snow your showing wish I had a smart phone. But son will be home on tuesday going to ask him to take pictures of the snow we have. It's unreal. The most i've seen since I was a kid. And the worst winter I remember. I haven't been out of the house since thursday when I went to Legion for coffee.
    I told hubby i'm going out this afternoon even if it's only for Tim Horton coffee. The sun is nice today at least.
    I'm in Cochrane that's where you turn to go West. And run out of road lol.

Well guess i'll mossy on down stairs and see those machines lol.

See you all lighter
    Linda
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    JLoRuthie wrote: »
    Shirley61 wrote: »
    zcgux76zk3js.jpg

Here is a picture of our snow today. We are supposed to get between 10-14 inches more.

Linda N. Ont. -- I am in Southern Ontario, Niagara Region ( Wine country)

Shirley

Beautiful! How long will it stick around?

Shirley what do you guys do with the snow? looks like you just piled it up by your house. When we do get snow we never have enough to piled it anywhere. We get more ice than snow but so far none of that.
    marie

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,966 Member
    Options
    Sunnyfarm, the only way I was able to make a habit of drinking enough water was to treat it like prescription medicine.....I drink it down one glass after another and make tally marks on a piece of paper and do that several times a day until I get all the water that I've planned to drink. I don't wait til I "feel like" drinking water.
  • MsLadyPirate
    MsLadyPirate Posts: 51 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    This article was in my email this morning from AARP. It is a little long, but I thought It was worth sharing:
    Rhumba or sit-ups? A fox trot or the treadmill? Fitness research is in your favor if you like to dance. Studies have shown that dancing can provide many of the same health benefits as aerobic exercises like biking or swimming. It may also be easier to motivate yourself to dance than drag your body to the gym.

You don't need to leap, spin, or limbo to reap the health benefits of dance, either. You can shake and shimmy at your own fitness level as long as you keep your heart rate up and muscles moving. All types of dancing apply, whether you're grooving to salsa, swing, or country.

Shall we dance?
    Regular physical activity helps to keep your body and mind young. If you enjoy dancing, it's an ideal way to pursue pleasure and fitness at the same time. There are even studies that show physical activity like dancing can play an important role in preventing illnesses, such as diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, osteoporosis, and depression.

Here are 10 more reasons to kick up your heels:

Increase your flexibility. Dancing often requires you to use a full range of motion for many muscle groups. Whether it's belly dancing or ballroom moves, you're bending and stretching your arms, legs, and torso.
    Strengthen your bones. Keeping the rhythm gives your legs and hips a workout without hurting your joints. Dancing strengthens and tones by forcing muscles to resist against your own body weight. Ballet, which includes jumping, can give your legs extra power.
    Build endurance. With practice, you will be able to work your dancing muscles for a longer time without tiring. Your lung capacity and energy level will likely increase, too. Try salsa or line dancing to build stamina.
    Burn calories. Someone who is 150 pounds can burn off about 150 calories after 30 minutes of moderate dancing. Rigorous swing or jitterbug dancing could help you drop more calories.
    Improve balance and posture. Dancing requires balance and coordination. This, in turn, helps to strengthen your core and make you less prone to falls. Try doing a folk dance kick without good balance.
    Keep your mind sharp. Exercise increases the level of brain chemicals that promote nerve cell growth. One study even found that dancing twice a week made seniors less likely to develop dementia. Having to remember steps, as in square dancing, can also sharpen recall skills.
    Help your heart. Dancing gets your heart rate up and improves circulation. Aim for at least 30 minutes of moderate activity on most days of the week to get optimal heart-health benefits.
    Relieve stress and tension. Dance your troubles away. Swaying to the beat helps some people sleep better and fret less. The American Heart Association reported that regular waltzing significantly improved the quality of life for people with chronic heart failure.
    Enhance overall well-being. Dancing is fun! A turn on the dance floor to a favorite tune can boost your mood, instill confidence, and ward off depression.
    Provide social benefits. Dancing usually involves rounding up a partner or group and meeting new people. Having social ties is linked to better health, higher self-esteem, and a positive outlook.
    So, ready to boogie? Always check with your doctor before you increase your activity level. You might need to restrict or modify your dance activity if you have certain medical problems. As a general rule, start out slowly and step it up gradually. Today a slow waltz - tomorrow, perhaps, a disco dip.

Have a great day everyone!
    Valerie in Arizona.
  • CALIECAT
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Next time my husband come thru My computer room will see if we can still dance. used to a lot.i keep the county music on TV all the time.
    Marie

Thanks Valerie
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Hope all of you are having a great Sunday. It is cold in Mississippi!!!
    Plan on having a relaxing afternoon!

Nancy