Would anyone like to join me for a "Just for Today" goals for the month of January

Options

Replies

• Xpecta
    Xpecta Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I love this. I posted once in your last thread. I think I need the support of everyone else here.

My just for today for January 9 2015:

Wake up early for an at home workout
    Drink at least 2 litres of water

The only junk I will eat tomorrow is my pizza (Tomorrow is our weekly pizza movie night)
  • shubhajp
    shubhajp Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Just for today: January 9 2015:

1) eat healthy, smaller portions.. less carbs and more protein,fibers.
    2) drink 10 to 12 glass of water
    3) stay active and avoid staying on the couch
    4) walk for an hour
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,064 Member
    Options
    Just for today 1/8
    1. Morning run :):D:)
    2. Start heavy cleaning :'(:'(
    3. Hot tea for voice :D:D
    4. Crochet or book (time for myself) ;);)

Just for today 1/9
    1. Morning run
    2. Healthy food choices for lunch (going out to lunch with friends)
    3. Water water water
    4. Remember consistency with diet & workouts is THE KEY to a successful journey!
    5. Take hubby on walk!

Sorry my eyes are tired so posting really quickly! Love love all the new posts! JUST FOR TODAY!

• welshpoppy
    welshpoppy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I missed a few days but stuck to my goals . For today
    Stick to calories
    Log all food
    Drink lots of water
    Walk
    No. Chocolate

Hope we all stick to our goals today.
  • floatfitness
    floatfitness Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Just for today I will drink my 1 gallon of water!
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    taxmom9093 wrote: »
    January 8 Just for Today I will
    1. Log everything I eat and stay in my goals :\ Well I did log everything but had a few cookies while I helped my daughter pack. Ah Well, today is another day
    2. Take a walk :)
    3. Enjoy these last couple of days with my daughter before she goes back to college.
    4. Treat her as the adult she is now. Suggestions are OK, but do not tell her what to do. :D Well, mostly anyway. I think I went back into Mom mode when trying to get her things packed up. ;)

January 9 Just for today I will
    1. Log everything I eat and stay in my goals
    2. Take a Walk
    3. Stay positive. Work will be crazy and we have a lot of packing to do, but getting upset will not make any of it better.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,210 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, 1/8

1. I am really struggling with keeping my sugar low, so need to concentratate on NO Sugar. :)
    2. Do not become obsessed with what the scale says. Just concentrate on eating healthy. :)
    3. Drink more water :'( Did not get in nearly enough water yesterday

Just for today, 1/9

1. PLAN things to do in the evenings to keep from eating. Tonite's plan - clean my office.
    2. Log everything that I eat
    3. Get out for a walk - just bundle up, and do it!

Good luck everyone. I can't believe its already january 9th!! Summer will be here before we know it -- wishful thinking!
  • Hannah29mfp
    Options
    Oops, I seem to have caught this a bit late. Never mind. Just for today I will go for a walk
  • JDownie91
    JDownie91 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Just for today, 1/8/15,
    I will NOT be upset about going over my calories (going out to dinner to celebrate my birthday). That being said, I am planning to only have 2 pieces of large pizza and a small or regular size ice cream. >> Accomplished, although I went overboard on donuts :(
    I will eat an abundant amount of veggies at lunch and before going out to help myself feel full. >> Did not do, due to being full from donuts!! :\
    I will also try to get to 100oz of water today... its an elusive thing for me these days, used to be no problem at all!!! >> Success!

Just for today, 1/9/15,
    1. Drink 100oz of water
    2. Log everything!!
    3. Oh, and don't eat the donuts ;)
  • notcorky
    notcorky Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I need a just for today I will not have any alcohol as an everyday goal.
  • bootsiejayne
    bootsiejayne Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Just for today I will not be mad at myself for gaining 48 lbs back. I will simply lose it again.
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    losingrae wrote: »

Just for Today 01/08
    1. Do 10 minutes of meditation :)
    2. log everything I eat :( after "completing" my diary for the day, i munched and didn't go back and log :(
    3. Just breathe, all things will pass. :neutral_face: eh, I don't think I did this either.

Just for Today 01/09
    1. Do 10 minutes of meditation
    2. log every morsel I eat
    3. Do not let my weight determine my mood. Give myself a break - there's a lot of crap going on right now.
  • babbalita
    babbalita Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Just for today 01/09
    1. Log all my food
    2. Drink all my water
    3. Treat myself as I would my best friend.
    4. Plan my grocery list & meals for success.
  • shubhajp
    shubhajp Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Just for today: 01/10:
    1) Eating healthy, smaller portions
    2) Staying active
    3) exercise for one hour...
    4) Avoid boredom eating...
  • Xpecta
    Xpecta Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Xpecta wrote: »
    I love this. I posted once in your last thread. I think I need the support of everyone else here.

My just for today for January 9 2015:

Wake up early for an at home workout
    Drink at least 2 litres of water

The only junk I will eat tomorrow is my pizza (Tomorrow is our weekly pizza movie night)

I stuck to all my goals!! I'm happy about that!

Just for today for January 10 2015

Make a healthy well rounded dinner.
    I will exercise at least 30 minutes
    I will drink at least 2 litres of water.
  • matthewjohnston503
    Options
    just for today 1/3

1. i will get in 8 glasses of water (this is a challenge on weekends, when I'm not stuck at a desk with a glass sitting next to me) :)
    2. do 5 minutes of meditation :)
    3. log everything I eat :):):)

I feel pretty proud on logging what I eat! Logging is something I have only done when I'm on top of things, so of course everything looks good. But lately, I'm working on logging the good, the bad and the ugly.

Yes, I find keeping my diary secret helps me be completely honest. Other times feel like sharing it keeps from eating something i will have to admit. Try it both ways, see what works best.

• GrandmaJackie
    Options
    Just for today 1/9
    1. Morning run (late morning) :\:\
    2. Healthy food choices for lunch (going out to lunch with friends) :D:D (Hubby and I ended up just going to lunch)
    3. Water water water :):)
    4. Remember consistency with diet & workouts is THE KEY to a successful journey! :):)
    5. Take hubby on walk! :):)

Just for today 1/10
    1.Plan day out
    2. Remember NO MATTER what scale says, it's ONLY NUMBERS! Keep moving forward!
    3. Either gazelle or ANOTHER walk with hubby!

• GrandmaJackie
    edited January 2015
    Options
    just for today 1/3

1. i will get in 8 glasses of water (this is a challenge on weekends, when I'm not stuck at a desk with a glass sitting next to me) :)
    2. do 5 minutes of meditation :)
    3. log everything I eat :):):)

I feel pretty proud on logging what I eat! Logging is something I have only done when I'm on top of things, so of course everything looks good. But lately, I'm working on logging the good, the bad and the ugly.

Yes, I find keeping my diary secret helps me be completely honest. Other times feel like sharing it keeps from eating something i will have to admit. Try it both ways, see what works best.

Sometimes, I find sometimes people judge you by WHAT and HOW much you eat! There's times people tell me, I NEED to eat more! I'm been on MFP for three years and know what works for me, lol. When, I get sick of it off goes MY DIARY! Good luck with your journey
  • Elrenia1
    Options
    Hi
    I just started my journey on the 5th of Jan. I fell off really bad during the holidays. :( I know what I need to do just need to do it.

Love your statements ladies..I want to join the group.

1. Be consistent
    2. Drink the water .....so hard for me.
    3. Do some type of exercise every other day

GOOD LUCK TO US ALL!!!!!
  • kish1202
    kish1202 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This is my first time posting on MFP. So here goes. Just for today 1/10/15...
    1. I will log EVERYTHING I eat.
    2. I will not eat the crust off my kid's grill cheese sandwich.
    3. Up my water.