Would anyone like to join me for a "Just for Today" goals for the month of January

Options

Replies

• EmmaAmeliaP
    EmmaAmeliaP Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    I started a thread in late October, to try to stay on track, "JUST FOR A DAY". We have had over 450 replies, so I am going to restart this each month. This has helped me tremendously, to start each day new. It has kept me going, and to keep on trying, one day at a time. And, I've met some wonderful friends along the way! Reading others goals for just one day has given me so much inspiration and goals to set for myself.

If I can do this for JUST ONE DAY, well, maybe that one day will lead to another day, an entire week, an entire month, and this will help me to develop better habits for my life, taking this one day at a time.

Today is the beginning of a new year. A new year for me holds promises, resolutions, and a fresh start. I am ready for that fresh start.

So each day I am going to post what I would like to accomplish. While I post my "Just for today" list, I am also going to post how I did the day before, so I am accountable to you guys as well.

Would anyone like to join me!! I am always so encouraged reading others goals, and together, we can all reach our goals for 2015 and beyond. I hope to keep doing this, starting a new thread each month.
    hi Joan this is a great idea and I would also like to join you.
    What I would like to accomplish today is to be able to track everything I have eaten. Thanks for the encouraging message!
  • EDollah
    EDollah Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I dig this concept. After being pretty darn successful losing weight for about a year and a half, the last 3 months have seen a reversal that needs to stop. I do subscribe to the "take it day by day" mindset so I'll play along.

Today I will:
    1) Walk on the treadmill long enough to watch 2 different hour long shows (this will be < 2 hours due to cutting out commercials)
    2) Don't eat any of the M&Ms I bought on a Christmas sale yesterday (saving those up for a reward later)
    3) Stick to the food plan I've already added to my diary for today, adding at most 100 unplanned calories.
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    losingrae wrote: »

Just for Today 1/16
    1. Log everything I eat (especially since I'm going out with a friend tonight, I will ride the joy of seeing a loss and stick to the plan. I will not let temptations get me!) :):)
    2. Keep it low carb :)
    3. 10 minutes positive meditation (this worked last night!!) :):)

Weekends are super hard. Being home with constant access to food, and still having foot pain so no getting out for a walk. But I can do this...

Just for today 1/17
    1. DRINK 8 GLASSES OF WATER (always a weekend challenge)
    2. log everything I eat
    3. keep it low carb
    4. 10 minutes of positive meditation

I will join Jackie in the GO SEAHAWKS arena! I have been planning for Sunday all week, trying to get my mind into a non-snacking during football set. Now it's only a day away.
  • irenep2232
    irenep2232 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Joan, what a great idea! I need this. I hope it will help keep me accountable and inspired. I have a long road ahead of me.

It is 12:38pm and today I have:
    1. Finally set up the FitBit tracker that bought myself for Christmas and downloaded the lolo Strength Cross Training apps to add variety to my workouts
    2. Walked 6971 steps - hope to reach 10,000 by end of day
    3. Drank 5 glasses of water - hope to reach 10 by end of day
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Did everything that I intended to do yesterday and lost 2 more pounds! I've lost 6 pounds over the last 9 days...I NEVER lose weight that fast, so I am completely psyched.

Today:
    1. Do veggie/salad prep. Hunt through freezer to look for fish to cook over the next week.
    2. Stay under 100 G carbs today.
    3. Do some self-pampering--paint toenails, do a home facial, etc.
  • babbalita
    babbalita Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Funeral, company for 2 days, going out of town for 3 days. Tough to follow plan, when cooking for everyone. But=
    Just for today
    I. will drink my water
    2.stay away from sweets
    3.focus on my Goals
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,217 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Did everything that I intended to do yesterday and lost 2 more pounds! I've lost 6 pounds over the last 9 days...I NEVER lose weight that fast, so I am completely psyched.

YAH!!!! GREAT JOB!!!!!
  • startingover72
    startingover72 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Fantastic thread Joan. SO glad that I've found it :) Is it too late to join?
    Its rather late here in the UK so just for today:
    1. I'm going to squeeze in an exercise dvd before bed
    2. Have a protein drink after, and
    3. Log everything I've eaten today
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,217 Member
    Options

Love to have you join us!! I am hoping to start this thread each month.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,201 Member
    Options
    Just for today 1/17
    2. Hop on gazelle throughout the day! :):)
    3. Remember portein drink :\:\ (I decide this morning not to do a protein drink)
    4. NO EAT AFTER 7 :):)
    5. Keep busy tonight with my crochet project :):)

Just for today 1/18
    1. Morning run
    2. Strength training
    3. Water water
    4. Start HEAVY cleaning

Today actually went extremely well with the sale! We sold everything that we had to so that part of the agenda is accomplished!!!!!! It's finally hitting me in 3 weeks we'll be on the road, yikes!!!! I talked to my son last night, my baby (25 years old) has grown into such a special man!

• startingover72
    startingover72 Posts: 151 Member
    Options

Well after doing the ironing last night I failed miserably on the first of my two aims for the day
  • Lorraine128
    Lorraine128 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Goals for today,
    1. Get over totally blowing my calorie goal for yesterday
    2. Stick to my calorie goal today
    3. Complete my scheduled 5 mile run

Happy Sunday everyone
  • MVrabecz
    MVrabecz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

I did well yesterday and accomplished all 3 of my goals:

Just for today (17/1):

1) Don't give up - definitely didn't do that!
    2) Go to the gym and exercise 30 minutes (first visit since June!) - did the treadmill for 35 minutes. Need to wear my FitBit though because I couldn't figure out how to log my speed properly since the fitness diary doesn't offer higher than 5.0 mph. Ended up logging it as race walking.
    3) Track all food - came in under my calories but only because I didn't want to eat all my exercise calories.

Just for today (18/1):

1) Plan healthy dinners and breakfast for next week
    2) Dance for 30 minutes or go for a 30 minute walk
    3) Track all food
  • irenep2232
    Options
    irenep2232 wrote: »
    Joan, what a great idea! I need this. I hope it will help keep me accountable and inspired. I have a long road ahead of me.

It is 12:38pm and today I have:
    1. Finally set up the FitBit tracker that bought myself for Christmas and downloaded the lolo Strength Cross Training apps to add variety to my workouts
    2. Walked 6971 steps - hope to reach 10,000 by end of day
    3. Drank 5 glasses of water - hope to reach 10 by end of day

I exceeded my walking and water goals! I was about 1500 steps short by late in the afternoon, so I went to the local mall and walked around for about 2 hours. By the time I went to bed, I had made it to 12,649 steps!
  • irenep2232
    Options
    Good morning! So happy that I met all of my goals yesterday. :)

Just for today I will:

1. Try my first workout from the lolo Boot Camp app that I downloaded yesterday
    2. Eat at least 8 servings of veggies
    3. Walk 10,000 steps
  • knicky77
    knicky77 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

I met most of my goals yesterday. The tricky part was meeting friends for lunch at a Mexican restaurant. I just focused on the amount of food I ate and eating until full. Did pretty well and then had a light dinner later that evening.
    Just for Today (1/17/15)
    1. Drank 10 servings of water.
    2. Completed more than 30 minutes of run/walk intervals.
    3. Ate generally healthy meals (including snacks).

Just for Today (1/18/15)
    1. Drink 10 servings of water.
    2. Exercise for at least 45 minutes.
    3. Eat five healthy meals, including snacks.
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    taxmom9093 wrote: »

January 17. Just for today I will

1. Log everything I eat :)
    2. Take a walk :\ Nothing I will take credit for
    3. Stay positive at work. It's too easy to start grumbling when things aren't perfect, but focusing on the negative will not make me feel better. :) Well I did grumble a little, but I am making progress here, so I am giving myself credit for that.

January 18 Just for today I will

1. Log everything I eat.
    2. Take a walk. Outside if the rain lets up.
    3. Focus on the positive.

Enjoy your Sunday Everyone
  • elansc
    elansc Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    What a super idea! Since it is FINALLY not -30 here, I am going to get outside to get in some steps! And keep up with my 2500 ml/day water goal
  • babbalita
    babbalita Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    01/18/15
    Just for today
    1.focus on my food plan
    2.drink my water
    3.prove to myself I can stay on my plan, when traveling.
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    losingrae wrote: »

Just for today 1/17
    1. DRINK 8 GLASSES OF WATER (always a weekend challenge) :) overachiever. Stopped counting at 14!
    2. log everything I eat :)
    3. keep it low carb :)
    4. 10 minutes of positive meditation :( totally spaced out on this and thought about it when I woke to use the restroom in the middle of the night.

Just for today 1/18
    1. Get in 8 glasses of water
    2. log everything I eat
    3. 10 minutes of positive meditation
    4. do not binge at the football party!!!!

GO HAWKS!