Fat girls at Victoria's Secret.

Options

Replies

• TorrizzleWillSizzle
    TorrizzleWillSizzle Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I bet a lot of the people being jerks about fatgirls working there... dont even have jobs so poo on them! I think more power to you! I personally don't shop there because when I have gone they don't have my bra size and I get uncomfortable around all the skinny cut outs and such lol but you can bet your booty that when I do fit into their bras I will be shopping there!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Congrats for landing the job!

I don't care WHAT size a salesperson in ANY store is as long as they are friendly, helpful and DON'T shadow me like I am going to steal something. :D

Its only recently that I have been able to shop again in a VC. My b/f is happy that I can too, for obvious reasons. He doesn't even mind that I have their credit card. And I just got a $10 card for my birthday next month, so I'll be going back soon! :)
  • NicolleLindgren
    NicolleLindgren Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I think it's awesome! I passed DDD a few years ago, and that was back when they only had up to DD, so I've never had a VS bra. I love the cosmetics and Pink line- as soon as my butt fits back into the underwear, I'm stocking up again :)

ETA: I would love to see plus size sales associates at any of the ones around here.. it would make me feel a LOT more comfortable shopping there.
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    Things that matter to me in a sales associate:
    - Personable, friendly manner
    - Does not hover, push, or ignore; works to help me find what i need, *no more no less*
    - If I have a weird size issue (as I do with bras and shoes), offers realistic solutions if they exist. A really great one referred me to a competitor she knew had what I needed, when they didn't.
    - Does not offer styling advice unless I ask for it - keep those accessories far away from me

Things that don't matter:
    - Everything else

Congrats :)
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    is it creepy that as i walk by i always make eye contact with one of the women and do this

thumbs20up20jesus.jpg
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    is it creepy that as i walk by i always make eye contact with one of the women and do this

thumbs20up20jesus.jpg

Nah bro, not creepy at all. :laugh:
  • pgrewing
    pgrewing Posts: 15
    Options
    Honey, I'd be thrilled to see you in Victoria's Secret. Since having 2 kids and growing 2 bra sizes, I'm always looking for advice on how to get more support. It is a whole new world for this former A-cup. Larger ladies usually have more to support and so I can see how you will be a great asset to the store. If I were shopping there, I'd be talking to you for suggestions not the size 6 and under crowd.

Plus, I think your presence may make us in the over size 6 crowd more comfortable shopping there too!
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't notice the difference. I'm usually there to shop for myself... the size of the associate that helps me makes no difference in my shopping experience. Why would it?
  • jryepan
    jryepan Posts: 36
    Options
    That's awesome!
    My experiences with Victoria's secret have been varied. One time I was measured twice in the same store by different sales reps and one measured me to a 36 D and the other measured me to a 38DD...so wasn't sure which one to trust!! lol but overall love the store.

Good Luck!!!
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Glad you got the job and its shouldn't matter what size you are ,you are there to do a job ,seeing a bigger person there doesn't phase me ,I have even seen pregnant women working there and older women , who cares what the people who work there look like means nothing to me, I care if you know what you're doing being knowledgeable about your job and merchandise is important to me. If you take the time to truly help me an don't brush me off even if that day I'm browsing, I will return and purchase something eventually , then I will come back and tell others about how wonderful you were .

I treat others as I would want to be treated size is just a number not ones self worth.
  • WalkingOnSunshine22
    Options
    I'm 210 and very self conscious about my weight. I used to be 316 so I can only imagine how you felt going for a interview. I don't know you but I am VERY proud of you for going in there, putting aside any negative feelings about the place and landing the job!

As long as you provide good customer service I doubt anyone will care what you look like. I've worked in retail for over a year and there are going to be @holes wherever you go. I've never had anyone call me fat to my face but I have been called a dumb b word plenty of times of the most ridiculous things. When that stuff happens, just ignore it. Some people are just mean and there's nothing you can do about it but smile and move on.

I've only been in VS once very recently but I didn't stay long or buy anything. I know they don't carry my bra size but I saw lots of panties in my size. Also they have the perfumes and stuff too that any girl can buy. So I wouldn't say they don't cater to big girls.

Congrats and good luck on your new job!
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the job!

I don't think I've ever noticed the size of a sales person or thought it mattered, so I was trying to think back to any particularly memorable bra sales people. I remember the following:

- a lady who started going on about how cheap shirts must be in Japan (sorry! Wrong Asian country!)

- a lady who had me buy a smaller, tighter size of nursing bra to get enough support. I ended up, soon after, with mastitis.

So, if you do end up bra fitting, learn your trade well and NEVER try to get a lactating mother into too small a bra!
  • DalekBrittany
    Options
    Oh I would not do that! I think I might try to let someone with more experience in that area help a nursing mom out. I would have no idea what kind of bra to put her in lol.
  • CrazyAnne
    CrazyAnne Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I think it's great! Thank god there's a sensible manager there that's willing to look beyond the cover!

Well said!
    Congrats on the new job!
  • DalekBrittany
    Options
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    There's no reason fat girls shouldn't work at VS, or any other store. Anyone who says simply seeing a fat girl "ruined their shopping experience" is a vapid piece of *kitten* whose opinion is beyond meaningless anyway.
  • MisterLovahLovah
    Options
    Just a question. What is so bewilderingly improbable about being fat and hired at a famous lingerie store? That's like saying you can't me a manager for the Knicks because you aren't tall or you're out of shape(or not black :p)
    It's based on expertise.
  • DalekBrittany
    Options
    Just a question. What is so bewilderingly improbable about being fat and hired at a famous lingerie store? That's like saying you can't me a manager for the Knicks because you aren't tall or you're out of shape(or not black :p)
    It's based on expertise.

Well I can't speak for anyone else, but for me it's because I have literally never seen a girl that could even be close to considered overweight working at my particular VS. I just assumed that because I had never seen it, they must not hire them. I've also never seen an ugly girl working there either. So I kind of just didn't apply for a while because I didn't think I met their needs. I think one of the reasons for that is a lot of girls think the same way so they don't bother to even apply, hence all the fit girls working there lol.
  • MisterLovahLovah
    Options
    It's based on expertise.

Well I can't speak for anyone else, but for me it's because I have literally never seen a girl that could even be close to considered overweight working at my particular VS. I just assumed that because I had never seen it, they must not hire them. I've also never seen an ugly girl working there either. So I kind of just didn't apply for a while because I didn't think I met their needs. I think one of the reasons for that is a lot of girls think the same way so they don't bother to even apply, hence all the fit girls working there lol.

Why equate fat=ugly? I've seen plenty of fat girls with a gorgeous face . And yes , thin and fit girls who need to bag their heads when they step out.
  • DalekBrittany
    Options
    It's based on expertise.

Why equate fat=ugly? I've seen plenty of fat girls with a gorgeous face . And yes , thin and fit girls who need to bag their heads when they step out.

I didn't. I actually put them in completely separate statements and used the word "also." lol. I was saying that I've never seen a fat girl there, so I thought I couldn't work there. I have also never seen an ugly girl there, so that furthered my belief that I couldn't work there lol.