Can girls get 6 packs?

Options

Replies

• IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    Hahaha. Did I REALLY just read that some guy said girls can't get abs without steroids? I'm guessing he smokes crack, because I certainly don't do steroids and never have, lol. Its 80% food and 20% workouts. Good luck, OP!!

Strong reading comprehension

OR I am on my phone and stopped reading at that line where that was what he said...... good thing you're nice to look at.
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    My wife gets me 6 packs all the time, usually IPA

I like your wife.

tumblr_kt9st4t0fR1qa6ecf.jpg
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Hahaha. Did I REALLY just read that some guy said girls can't get abs without steroids? I'm guessing he smokes crack, because I certainly don't do steroids and never have, lol. Its 80% food and 20% workouts. Good luck, OP!!

OR I am on my phone and stopped reading at that line where that was what he said...... good thing you're nice to look at.

Sad thing is I read the whole thing and still failed. It's pretty funny when you actually comprehend it right hahaha
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options

Sad thing is I read the whole thing and still failed. It's pretty funny when you actually comprehend it right hahaha

lol. It was pretty funny when I went back and re-read it, lol.
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Girls can but they're just not the same as boy's six packs. Usually girl's are less defined and it can also make your hips very narrow.

Care to explain how a 6 pack would make your hips very narrow?

Is this like how yoga somehow overrides genetics and makes your legs magically longer?

Um, no Joylia. It makes your MUSCLES longer. And tones them.

I think you're thinking of pilates. Maybe yoga does the same. Idk. I'm all about getting bulky, like a man, with *fingers crossed* six pack abs.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    [quote
    Girls can but they're just not the same as boy's six packs. Usually girl's are less defined and it can also make your hips very narrow.

Edit:
    Quote from lisahewitt22:
    Hmm.. I didn't exactly mean narrow.. I don't really know how to put what I'm trying to say into words, but a lot of women don't like 6 packs on girls or are afraid of getting them because they think they'll lose their hips or hourglass figure which isn't always the case, your hips just become smaller.
    End quote

Your base hip measurement (minus skin, muscle and fat) is determined by genetic bone structure.
    You are born with the genes that with determine your hip width.
    Some women have this width increase with childbirth.
    It is physically impossible for your hips to become smaller unless an orthopedic surgeon gets in there with one of his fancy tools.
    (Not that last part)

You see less waist definition if you gain weight.
    Your fat spreads out to the width of your hips bones and beyond...
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

Hmm.. I didn't exactly mean narrow.. I don't really know how to put what I'm trying to say into words, but a lot of women don't like 6 packs on girls or are afraid of getting them because they think they'll lose their hips or hourglass figure which isn't always the case, your hips just become smaller.

No, their hips don't become smaller.
    maybe she ment waist...

I can only respond to what she writes.

I think she means that the waist will get bigger because of the muscles on the belly. Then that will make the hips appear smaller by comparison because you will no longer have this big waist to hip ratio that is the hourglass that men are supposedly hardwired to be attracted to for procreation purposes vis-a-vis sciency explanations of what men find beautiful. Women think they can get so muscular so fast like men and fear having hyoooooge muscles on their belly like puffed up to almost reach the same diameter as their hips and result in what's known as the "boxy" or "boyish" figure. This is what I think she means, I HOPE she does not mean that somehow her hip bones will become closer together somehow and actually thinks her hips will get smaller. I. Hope.

(ETA all she would need to see to allay these fears is a picture of Rachulj or any of these fitness models from different angles and rachuljs rear precisely to understand that there will still be curves and the much coveted .7 waist to hip ratio or whatever ratio is genetically achievable by the individual.)
  • raychulj
    raychulj Posts: 458 Member
    Options

maybe she ment waist...

I can only respond to what she writes.

I think she means that the waist will get bigger because of the muscles on the belly. Then that will make the hips appear smaller by comparison because you will no longer have this big waist to hip ratio that is the hourglass that men are supposedly hardwired to be attracted to for procreation purposes vis-a-vis sciency explanations of what men find beautiful. Women think they can get so muscular so fast like men and fear having hyoooooge muscles on their belly like puffed up to almost reach the same diameter as their hips and result in what's known as the "boxy" or "boyish" figure. This is what I think she means, I HOPE she does not mean that somehow her hip bones will become closer together somehow and actually thinks her hips will get smaller. I. Hope.

(ETA all she would need to see to allay these fears is a picture of Rachulj or any of these fitness models from different angles and rachuljs rear precisely to understand that there will still be curves and the much coveted .7 waist to hip ratio or whatever ratio is genetically achievable by the individual.)
    Yes, the women who develop "boxy" "thick" body types already had that body shape to begin with. Excessive weighted oblique training can make your waist appear thicker too. I don't even work my abs though., maybe the occasional plank. I do squats, deadlifts and eat clean. My waist has done nothing but become smaller and I've lost fat on my hips but ill never have "narrow hips"
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

I didn't even know you didnt' target your abs with workouts. Good info.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options

A Broscientist somewhere just got his wings!
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options

Is this like how yoga somehow overrides genetics and makes your legs magically longer?

I effing love you joy! I'm still laughing at that from the other day, haha.
  • maiaroman18
    maiaroman18 Posts: 460 Member
    Options

Um, no Joylia. It makes your MUSCLES longer. And tones them.

I think you're thinking of pilates. Maybe yoga does the same. Idk. I'm all about getting bulky, like a man, with *fingers crossed* six pack abs.
    OMG I do yoga and pilates, and this must explain why I'm getting taller!

My 6 year old has a 6 pack; she does gymnastics and ballet. I'm so jelly of her belly!
  • sexymuffintop
    Options
    Yes they can but why would they ever want to?

Why would they not want to you mean? Maybe they want to because it looks freaking awesome? :noway:

I would say be very careful when trying to reduce bodyfat to those low levels to get a six-pack or four-pack or eight-pack, You don't want to burn off most of your muscle mass with extreme dieting, and then once you burn off your muscle mass, you still never get there.

I've seen guys make the mistake of trying to diet off their bodyfat just to get the highly adored six pack and lose tremendous amounts of muscle in the process, and for what purpose, to make a few panties wet when you post a picture on the internet?

You presume too much and don't make much sense either. A bad combination.

Well, if you're a girl, you'd probably not care that much if you burn off a lot of muscle mass to get the highly coveted six pack, but for a guy it's a different story. Requires body composition monitoring measuring BF percentage and weight to find the sweet spot - a combination of macro-nutrient ratios and calorie deficit that produces only fat loss with trivial amounts of LBM loss.

To be honest here, I don't think you know what you're talking about.

Indeed, I know nothing. I have got to this stage in my body recom by winging it. It's all just good luck.....:grumble:
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    This thread hurts my eyes........
  • LJSmith1989
    LJSmith1989 Posts: 650
    Options
    Yeah so my 7 year old nephew (after I googled Andrea Ager) told me he wants a body like John Cena - I'm so proud <3:laugh:
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    If anybody needs me I'll be jumping off of a very tall building.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    If anybody needs me I'll be jumping off of a very tall building.

You see that red splat down there? That used to be me...... come on down, the pavement's lovely!
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options

They would because you would need to loose all the body fat which gives your hips curves so wouldn't make the bones smaller just take away the fat needed for visible abs as you can't spot reduce
  • Imanido
    Imanido Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later!!! Of course they CAN. I also loveee those beautiful & FEMININE bodies. I have to agree that we have it harder (to get ) than them. So if your bf really gets it in the "competitive" way he will beat you to it hands down. I would suggest to take it as if you are not too bothered about it so he will relax, then work out and beat him (hehehe). Go for it!!
  • freebirdjones
    Options
    Yes they can but why would they ever want to?

My feelings exactly, but if you actually like that on a female, then go for it.

Strange when people feel the need to knock down other people's aims and goals for their bodies. Makes me wonder why they feel the need to do this? You don't like it, don't read about it. No one really needs to know whether you think they look manly or whatever do they really?

This! I completely agree, I thought that when I read this.