Getting into a calorie surplus can be hard for some

Options

Replies

• ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Ok. I have to admit though that my bench and lat pulldown lifts have really started to stall, so the increased strength from more energy is one thing that does make me excited about the surplus.

ndj1979 wrote: »
    OP - are you getting the gist of this ..??????????????????????
    -
    eat more now
    start lifting more now
    stop making excuses
    stop rationalizing

A month from now you should not be positing the same thing over and over ...

I hope you now see that it was not just myself and mrm that were "picking on you" but that you actually do need to eat more and lift more...
    I can clearly see how to do points 1, 3, 4. But I'm still waiting on the official word for how exactly I should be implementing 2. As MrM already pointed out, what I was doing before probably wasn't the best anyway. Like I said though, it should be very soon.
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    train-wreck.jpg
  • AKDonF
    AKDonF Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    You are not different... it might help if you read this:
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/you-are-not-different.html/
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Ok. I have to admit though that my bench and lat pulldown lifts have really started to stall, so the increased strength from more energy is one thing that does make me excited about the surplus.

-
    eat more now
    start lifting more now
    stop making excuses
    stop rationalizing

I hope you now see that it was not just myself and mrm that were "picking on you" but that you actually do need to eat more and lift more...
    I can clearly see how to do points 1, 3, 4. But I'm still waiting on the official word for how exactly I should be implementing 2. As MrM already pointed out, what I was doing before probably wasn't the best anyway. Like I said though, it should be very soon.

Pick any of the beginner programs
    Wendlers 5/3/1
    Sheiko Beginner 1 or Beginner 2.

go lift.

it's not rocket science. it's literally picking things up and putting them down.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

-
    eat more now
    start lifting more now
    stop making excuses
    stop rationalizing

Pick any of the beginner programs
    Wendlers 5/3/1
    Sheiko Beginner 1 or Beginner 2.

go lift.

it's not rocket science. it's literally picking things up and putting them down.

I am starting to believe that OP is hopeless and beyond help ....

a shame too, because he has received some solid advice...
  • JoRocka
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I guess I don't understand what the hold up is.

edit- I'm not expecting him to drop EVERYTHING he's doing right this second and go to the gym- but I mean this thread is 5 pages long- and been on going since at least Saturday- because that's when i took those pictures... .for real. I've worked out 3 times since then!!!!
    - Sat AM dance (so technically pre pictures)
    - Sat PM HIIT session in my kitchen (post pictures)
    - Sun Beg Dance 1 hr
    - Sun West African Dance 1.5 hours
    - Mon Sheiko Beg 2 last night 2 hours
    - Mon PM Tech class
    - Mon PM rehearsal

GO FRICKING WORKOUT.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I guess I don't understand what the hold up is.

because fast metabolism..I guess...??
  • ForecasterJason
    Options
    I think what you guys are forgetting (or some of you may not know) is that Sara is designing a program for me. I can't follow a traditional program because my equipment does not allow for it.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options

-
    eat more now
    start lifting more now
    stop making excuses
    stop rationalizing

Sounds like the age old question:Q) when is the most popular day to start a diet? A) Tomorrow! You don't need "fresh muscles", whatever they are, to start a program. Continue your program for now till you get a new one then start after your normal rest day(s). You only need 48 hrs to recoup your muscles so it's not like you have to be in a holding patern until you get it. You can get your new program on Friday and start on Monday but still lift under your old regime on the Friday and you will never skip a beat.

If you wait till you get your "perfect" program you will be very sore the day after you start when you don't have to be.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I think what you guys are forgetting (or some of you may not know) is that Sara is designing a program for me. I can't follow a traditional program because my equipment does not allow for it.

And did Sara tell you to not train at all or start your bulk until she got back to you with the program she designs?
  • ndj1979
    edited January 2015
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

And did Sara tell you to not train at all or start your bulk until she got back to you with the program she designs?

I would be curious as to what the answer is..

my guess is that if OP asked Sarah if he should start eating 100 extra calories a day now, that the answer would be yes....
  • ForecasterJason
    Options
    Ahh ok I get it now. I was eagerly looking forward to the program, so that's why I was thinking I would start immediately on it once I get it. So if I get it tonight or tomorrow morning (which is certainly possible), I was planning on getting started tomorrow, rather than wait a few days.
    But for now I can continue with what I designed.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    why would you wait a few days?

If you work out today- and you get the program tomorrow- do the program tomorrow.

If it's a M-W-F program- then you can wait till Monday- but that doesn't mean DO NOTHING till next week.
  • ForecasterJason
    Options
    why would you wait a few days?

If you work out today- and you get the program tomorrow- do the program tomorrow.

If it's a M-W-F program- then you can wait till Monday- but that doesn't mean DO NOTHING till next week.
    Ok. I was thinking if I work out today (especially if I do both upper and lower body) I'd wait a couple days to let my muscles recover.

• JoRocka
    Options
    odds are you aren't working that hard.
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I think what you guys are forgetting (or some of you may not know) is that Sara is designing a program for me.

Do you appreciate how awesome that is?

I usually lurk, but I just can't even with this thread anymore. When I am lean enough to start a bulk, I will be coming back here to re-read all of the amazing advice you've been given.

To everyone else posting in this thread: Thank you! Even though I don't post much on the forums, I'm on here quite a bit and have learned a ton from you all. Love your advice, love the snark, love the abs! You guys are the best and I'd get you all lifetime supplies of Talenti if I could.
  • ForecasterJason
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    I think what you guys are forgetting (or some of you may not know) is that Sara is designing a program for me.

Do you appreciate how awesome that is?
    Yes, for sure! :D

• amandarunning
    amandarunning Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Gotta be a troll surely...I'm out!
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    annoying-gym-newbies-meme-generator-advised-to-eat-more-nah-i-don-t-wanna-get-fat-b9f9b8.jpg