Replies

• JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    Can't really say out here because of:

11. No Airing of Grievances With Moderators

and possibly

5. No Public Posting of Private Conversations

I didn't quote you guys because technically, you could all receive warnings with points for even talking about it. (ie.. delete your comments referencing it)

But I can say that within the confines of these rules listed here combined with what I've seen, there is plenty of material in any thread that you guys post in that could fall under these guidelines and result in jail time.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Cortelli wrote: »
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Helloooooooo Hypertrophyville.

OP: Don't try to say that three times in a row (with the proper length and vocalization on the "hello"). It will burn 25 - 50 cals that you might otherwise need to eat back, just as if you had a slightly higher body fat at the same weight and therefore had a lower BMR naturally.

OP: on another note; curiosity / fascination about calories and human physiology is fine. Great hobby! Just don't tunnel vision yourself into overthinking stuff. Eat more food. Lift weights.

Cortelli: Stop bumping this thread and offering advice that is ignored / deflected by OP.

It's time to put the beer down sir.
    OP: you might consider having some pizza now and again. It would fit right in with this crazy theme of "eat more food."
    I actually do sometimes, even as recently as this past Tuesday.

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

OP: Don't try to say that three times in a row (with the proper length and vocalization on the "hello"). It will burn 25 - 50 cals that you might otherwise need to eat back, just as if you had a slightly higher body fat at the same weight and therefore had a lower BMR naturally.

OP: on another note; curiosity / fascination about calories and human physiology is fine. Great hobby! Just don't tunnel vision yourself into overthinking stuff. Eat more food. Lift weights.

Cortelli: Stop bumping this thread and offering advice that is ignored / deflected by OP.

OP: you might consider having some pizza now and again. It would fit right in with this crazy theme of "eat more food."
    And did you actually only eat 1100 calories that day?

• ForecasterJason
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

No, I ate dinner and dessert at a friend's house, so I didn't want to bother trying to log it.
    Speaking of that day, I couldn't help but think of the broccoli vs brownie discussion I've had in other threads. Green beans were part of the dinner, and there was brownies and ice-cream for dessert.

• Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options

No, I ate dinner and dessert at a friend's house, so I didn't want to bother trying to log it.
    Speaking of that day, I couldn't help but think of the broccoli vs brownie discussion I've had in other threads. Green beans were part of the dinner, and there was brownies and ice-cream for dessert.

I know it's hard to log certain foods and many don't try but you should try to log it even if you are off by a long shot it's better than not at all.
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options

I know it's hard to log certain foods and many don't try but you should try to log it even if you are off by a long shot it's better than not at all.

If he wants to try to get his "bulk" down to 100 calorie increments, he had better try to keep track. If he doesn't want to track, then the only way is to stuff yourself silly and make sure you blow it out of the water. As being way OVER is how you'd want to handle a mistake. But.....you know man
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

agreed…that is what I do ...
  • ForecasterJason
    Options
    Ok.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Can't really say out here because of:

11. No Airing of Grievances With Moderators

and possibly

5. No Public Posting of Private Conversations

I didn't quote you guys because technically, you could all receive warnings with points for even talking about it. (ie.. delete your comments referencing it)

But I can say that within the confines of these rules listed here combined with what I've seen, there is plenty of material in any thread that you guys post in that could fall under these guidelines and result in jail time.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

fulsom county blues?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

agreed…that is what I do ...

Yup, same. Ultimately, given your propensity for geeking out on the data, you may want to be able to math some things like your TDEE. Without a complete log, it won't be as accurate. It's how I can essentially choose my goal weight, choose the goal date, and calculate the deficit to reach it. This kind of data is very helpful...if you're into that kind of thing.
  • ForecasterJason
    Options

So then it's safe to say that dinner and dessert was at least 1400 calories?
    I don't think quite that much. I just went back and logged it and got close to 900 calories. As a maximum I'd say 1200 calories.

• ndj1979
    Options

I don't think quite that much. I just went back and logged it and got close to 900 calories. As a maximum I'd say 1200 calories.

my man almost ate 2500 calories today ..there may be hope for him after all …!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

The real test will be tomorrow. His body will likely give him the "no more food needed" signals.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »

The real test will be tomorrow. His body will likely give him the "no more food needed" signals.

Start the day with a high carb meal that is low on fat. That should help increase hunger later.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options

If he wants to try to get his "bulk" down to 100 calorie increments, he had better try to keep track. If he doesn't want to track, then the only way is to stuff yourself silly and make sure you blow it out of the water. As being way OVER is how you'd want to handle a mistake. But.....you know man

On the phone app you can't read this or respond but you can on the web. I imagine that will change as soon as they figure out how to do the same thing on the web.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    so. if jeff's got bars- but can still post- what exactly does that mean?

I mean what's the point of "jail time" if he can still post- and PM... what am I missing.
    also

l
    a
    m
    e

I'm made jelly- I'm trying to cut- still. I'm back up to 165- and I don't want to be- going the wrong direction... but I'm eating less than 1800 regularly- 1600- should be taking me down... it's just so hard to eat that little.

shameful.
    I wanted to bulk this year.
    Fark me.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    so. if jeff's got bars- but can still post- what exactly does that mean?

I mean what's the point of "jail time" if he can still post- and PM... what am I missing.
    also

l
    a
    m
    e

I'm made jelly- I'm trying to cut- still. I'm back up to 165- and I don't want to be- going the wrong direction... but I'm eating less than 1800 regularly- 1600- should be taking me down... it's just so hard to eat that little.

shameful.
    I wanted to bulk this year.
    Fark me.

#doingitwrong