Getting into a calorie surplus can be hard for some

Options

Replies

• Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    Kabarto69 wrote: »
    This Thread is awesome. For an outsider, this whole topic is pretty hilarious. Guys how have we come so far?

Some other Guys probably told you that, i didnt read the 10 pages, but you just need to do a basic strength programm and get strong at the 3 big heavy lifts, Deadlift, squat and bench press. But put rows also to it.

Since you are a noob, you dont need any surplus or anything. You will gain muscle and weight over the next 6 months according to the strenght and new muscle mass you will get. After that, you need to think about a calorie suprlus, but you are so skinny and so weak, you even could get tons of muscle, even if you run a high caloric deficit.

Your starting point is just so low, that you need to focus on building strength first. Nothing else is important. Forget about the food and anything else. Only focus on the 3 big lifts and do them as often as possbible and slowley progress on them, put 5 lbs more on them every single time.

Ok, now we have broscience here. All hail magic muscle that appears from nowhere!
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options
    tigersword wrote: »
    TR0berts wrote: »
    dumpster-fire_medium.jpg

That's an insult to dumpster fires.

Besides, that's more fun to watch!
  • jbgolf52
    jbgolf52 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Seriously for a sec, can a mod just delete this thread? It's clear that the OP is wasting everyone's time and is not going to listen to anyone. This post is just taking up space for a more worthwhile one.
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    jbgolf52 wrote: »
    Seriously for a sec, can a mod just delete this thread? It's clear that the OP is wasting everyone's time and is not going to listen to anyone. This post is just taking up space for a more worthwhile one.
    It would be nice for me to still see the advice at some later point…

• Wheelhouse15
    Options

Please don't rush on our account. Don't worry I'll recap so you can write it down, although you have heard it a hundred times on this thread already:

1) Eat more
    2) Get to a real gym
    3) Lift heavy with the big three lifts using full body workouts 3x per week (e.g. SL 5x5)
    4) Repeat
    5) Just do it!
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    9 pages and how long? I could have gained 3-4 lbs by now.

I could probably put on 2-3 lbs by the end of this week
  • nicoleromine
    nicoleromine Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm usually a lurker, but I wanted to chime in. I'm a 5'9" woman, and I'm 6 weeks into my first bulk. In the time this thread has been going, I've gained some weight, been a boss in the gym, and increased my daily calories by 100. This thread has been incredibly helpful to me for a couple of reasons. Firstly, I've learned a crap-ton about bulking. Secondly, I've realized that no matter how neurotic I may feel on this bulk, I'm not nearly as crazy or out-of-touch as OP. On behalf of all of the lurkers out here reaping these benefits, thank you for your time and knowledge.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I'm usually a lurker, but I wanted to chime in. I'm a 5'9" woman, and I'm 6 weeks into my first bulk. In the time this thread has been going, I've gained some weight, been a boss in the gym, and increased my daily calories by 100. This thread has been incredibly helpful to me for a couple of reasons. Firstly, I've learned a crap-ton about bulking. Secondly, I've realized that no matter how neurotic I may feel on this bulk, I'm not nearly as crazy or out-of-touch as OP. On behalf of all of the lurkers out here reaping these benefits, thank you for your time and knowledge.

Glad we could be of service. Good luck with your bulk. And thanks for the laugh...
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options

LOL, well at least we aren't wasting are time if we can help someone! :)
  • amandarunning
    amandarunning Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    The OP is a total time-waster and this thread gets me so mad as it goes round and round and he gets the attention he obviously craves - or is laughing at all those prepared to spend time and effort advising him. It all becomes worth it though when Nicole and any others interested in the bulk science (me!) learn from the experts (even if the OP never, ever will).
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

well at least we helped someone...

glad to hear that your bulk is progressing nicely ...

sadly, mine is about to come to an end...:(
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

Please don't rush on our account. Don't worry I'll recap so you can write it down, although you have heard it a hundred times on this thread already:

1) Eat more
    2) Get to a real gym
    3) Lift heavy with the big three lifts using full body workouts 3x per week (e.g. SL 5x5)
    4) Repeat
    5) Just do it!

Jason - save us some time, print this out, put it on your fridge, and at some point follow it....
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

For the record, this is what many of us veterans are talking about when people question why we continue trying to reach an OP who doesn't seem to be listening...that it isn't always about the OP. There are always more lurkers than OPs reading these threads. Always. (Which is also why I hate it that MFP seems so quick to mod-nuke a thread rather than cleaning up a handful of posts...because the information that might be useful to others is completely lost.)
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »

For what? You don't absorb anything. So basically you're saying tight now, today people are wasting their time with you. Does @Sarauk2sf know that you just are flip flopping and aren't serious about bulking? Since you are going to actually bulk are you going to continue giving out advice in the bulking section?
    The funny thing is that she was fully aware that I planned to bulk at 1 pound per month, and she said it was fine.

Also, I'm glad to see that this thread has been of help to others.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »

For what? You don't absorb anything. So basically you're saying tight now, today people are wasting their time with you. Does @Sarauk2sf know that you just are flip flopping and aren't serious about bulking? Since you are going to actually bulk are you going to continue giving out advice in the bulking section?
    The funny thing is that she was fully aware that I planned to bulk at 1 pound per month, and she said it was fine.

Also, I'm glad to see that this thread has been of help to others.

well most of us wish it would help you too... but cie'la ve
  • jofjltncb6
    edited January 2015
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

well at least we helped someone...

glad to hear that your bulk is progressing nicely ...

sadly, mine is about to come to an end...:(

Mine too. In fact, I'm ending mine about a month short so I can join a local program with my wife to provide her motivations and supports with her weight loss. Ultimately, I added ~20 pounds over ~6 months in a nice steady slow bulk of almost 1 pound/week...ending at 195 pounds at 5'11" so a little short of my 200 GW. (Bonus: my calculated TDEE (without exercise) went from ~3100 to ~3500 during this time presumably because of the weight increase.)

Now, no one talk to me for the next 3-5 months as I shed 10 of these pounds.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Also, as a random comment, Sara is super busy with her group. Have you asked her again for your program, or have you been waiting 3-4 weeks to see if it will just appear in your inbox?

Maybe send her a reminder saying you know she's busy, but is it still on her todo list. And maybe ask her for an appropriate timeline for future reminders in case it falls to the bottom (every week, every two weeks, etc.).
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    Also, as a random comment, Sara is super busy with her group. Have you asked her again for your program, or have you been waiting 3-4 weeks to see if it will just appear in your inbox?

Maybe send her a reminder saying you know she's busy, but is it still on her todo list. And maybe ask her for an appropriate timeline for future reminders in case it falls to the bottom (every week, every two weeks, etc.).

Also, you might ask her if it's okay for you to start eating at a surplus and doing whatever lifting you want while you wait. I suspect her answers will be "yes" and "yes".