ndj1979 wrote: »
    fit4eva86 wrote: »
    jacksonpt wrote: »
    jpaulie wrote: »
    you are right, not all fast food is junk, I don't believe that either. Lots of exciting fast food out there. And i am not here to really define junk either. I think a lot of responders got my poorly laid out point that many fast foods that are high in fat, or fried or sugary have an effect on them. Many don't.
    But if I did not use the word 'Junk' in my OP there would have been 2 responses. So there i admit my evil motives >:)

OK but if you eat said food and hit your macro/micro/calorie goal for day, is the fast food still junk or is then 'good'...???

If you cut out junk for a few weeks and then go mcdonalds you feel the bad effects, Maybe you should cut out junk to understand why it is junk!! You are used to what you eat.

I love blanket statements and broad assumptions.
    Where are you seeing a blanket statement? and it is not an assumption! He openly admits to eating anything in his macro's.

so if I hit my macro/micro/calorie goal and one meal is mcdonald's that means I am eating junk, really?
    Yes it is! You are missing my point

so that would then make my diet unhealthy , right? Because junk food...
    No not unhealthy!! I am saying a lot of people have ill affects after eating this food if its not eaten for a while including myself, I don't mean oh i feel crap because i'v eaten a take away, i mean ill, bloated, tired, sick. I don't have this reaction from say chicken or veg and so on, so to me and many others it would be classed as junk.

eat too much of anything and you will feel bloated and sick that is not a function of food type, but food volume, which you seem to be confusing.
    I never mentioned too much, i mentioned a meal. one meal from would make me ill, so if it has that affect then its junk.

Foie Gras and Truffle oil = junk food. got it.
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    jbcpwdko69b5.png
    I think this is appropriate.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    kxbrown27 wrote: »
    runner475 wrote: »
    I don't eat fast food, junk food, whatever you want to call it because it makes me ill. Not because I 'feel' that it makes me ill, but to the point of tangible physical effects. Bloating, digestive issues, and such damage to my toilet that I have had to issue written apologies.

pretty sure that is not limited to just "fast food" ...as I have annihilated some bathrooms after a home cooked meal...sometimes it is just stomach issues...

No, my diet has kept my system very stable. I'm what you would refer to as 'dependable' in that regard. Fast food throws everything out of kilter.

+1 to their experience. I have trouble digesting Chinese. It sucks but I have come to accept the reality.

Our bodies do not react the same way. Some have good resistance some don't.

so is that a bodily thing or a "junk" food thing...
    I consider it junk. That's not to say it's "junky food", but strictly based on what it does to me, I choose to label it junk when referring to my diet.

interesting..

I could eat "clean" food and a drop a bomb like Nagasaki with no problem...

so for me it tends to be how my stomach is doing on that particular day ...

Maybe you need to 'clean' up your diet in general. o:)

or my colon..

colon blow anyone???

Didn't Stevie Nicks have a guy for that?
  • fit4eva86
    fit4eva86 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    sullus wrote: »
    you are right, not all fast food is junk, I don't believe that either. Lots of exciting fast food out there. And i am not here to really define junk either. I think a lot of responders got my poorly laid out point that many fast foods that are high in fat, or fried or sugary have an effect on them. Many don't.
    But if I did not use the word 'Junk' in my OP there would have been 2 responses. So there i admit my evil motives >:)

OK but if you eat said food and hit your macro/micro/calorie goal for day, is the fast food still junk or is then 'good'...???

If you cut out junk for a few weeks and then go mcdonalds you feel the bad effects, Maybe you should cut out junk to understand why it is junk!! You are used to what you eat.

Where are you seeing a blanket statement? and it is not an assumption! He openly admits to eating anything in his macro's.

so if I hit my macro/micro/calorie goal and one meal is mcdonald's that means I am eating junk, really?

No not unhealthy!! I am saying a lot of people have ill affects after eating this food if its not eaten for a while including myself, I don't mean oh i feel crap because i'v eaten a take away, i mean ill, bloated, tired, sick. I don't have this reaction from say chicken or veg and so on, so to me and many others it would be classed as junk.

eat too much of anything and you will feel bloated and sick that is not a function of food type, but food volume, which you seem to be confusing.
    I never mentioned too much, i mentioned a meal. one meal from would make me ill, so if it has that affect then its junk.

Oysters! You forgot oysters, Slimy little f***ers .

• PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

That fit so well into my macros...mmmmm....
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I usually just need a good solid *kitten* after a fast food "junk" meal.

But I mean- that's a good thing.

and lord- I want a bailey's cup cake!!! NOMNOMNOM
  • fit4eva86
    fit4eva86 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    PRMinx wrote: »

That fit so well into my macros...mmmmm....

gag! wrong just wrong ;)