The Skinny Rules by Bob Harper

Options

Replies

• angie007az
    angie007az Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    This topic proves that if you are successful, people will hate you for whatever reason. Doesn't matter how many people he's helped, doesn't matter if he has a TV show and has written books that people find helpful. None of that matters if jealousy is thrown into the mix. Still looking for that ignore button.......

How absurd! People who are successful through honesty and hard work are highly respected.

Yup, and this is why I respect Bob Harper and the other trainers on the show, The Biggest Loser. Do you think they got where they are through dishonesty? Do you think they got there without hard work? I don't think so, This is why all three of them are highly respected. Well, not by people who are jealous of their success but by people who have been helped by them and see them as role models. Cheers!:smile:
  • keawona
    Options
    This post was very informative. I love getting explanations for rules verses someone just telling me something and I'm suppose to follow it without knowing why. Thank you.
  • candiceh3
    Options
    Bob has a hot body. Pity he isn't the sharpest pencil in the pencil case. And he is gay so I'll have to find a new hunk of meat to fantasize about.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Yup, and this is why I respect Bob Harper and the other trainers on the show, The Biggest Loser. Do you think they got where they are through dishonesty? Do you think they got there without hard work? I don't think so, This is why all three of them are highly respected. Well, not by people who are jealous of their success but by people who have been helped by them and see them as role models. Cheers!:smile:

Probably, yeah. Getting on TV isn't about being super honest.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    This topic proves that if you are successful, people will hate you for whatever reason. Doesn't matter how many people he's helped, doesn't matter if he has a TV show and has written books that people find helpful. None of that matters if jealousy is thrown into the mix. Still looking for that ignore button.......

How absurd! People who are successful through honesty and hard work are highly respected.

Almost everything on TV is fiction, even so-called 'reality" shows.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I know that all things don't work for all people...but wanted to share something I saw prior to this post popping up:

skinny-rules-bob-harper.jpg

I had a problem with rules 18 & 19.

If I'm going to sleep right, I probably don't need to go to bed hungry. I probably don't need to be hungry at any time. :laugh:

I lost my weight simply by burning more calories than I consumed, and still ate the good stuff...because if I didn't eat the good stuff, I'd end up climbing the walls and ultimately binging on the good stuff. :wink:

For me (and maybe this won't work for everyone) the key has been sustainability. You'll notice I've been here off and on since 2011. The first two times I tried this, I dropped some weight fast, stalled, and fell right off the wagon because I simply could not sustain what I was doing. I was doing it wrong...for ME. (I gained ALL the weight back, and then some...twice...Not a big fan of that at all.)

I like ol' Bob, but I can't say I'm a huge fan of his rules, simply because I see a lot of deprivation in them and I am sure not a huge fan of feeling deprived (or hungry)...:flowerforyou:

13- YES!!

can't do 19 if I do 18...

#6.. he's probably looking at sugar levels. Apples and berries are low sugar fruits.. but so are a bunch of others.. so why so limited on them?? Either way eat fruit everyday is what i'd take away from that point.

I actually do a lot of this already and it works.... I used to do a meatless day.. but then I was grouchy and cranky.. so i don't do that anymore.

I like this advice except for going to bed hungry.. that's a huge NO.
  • Lecterman
    Lecterman Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Notice the last 3 words of the subtitle...."getting to thin"

I guess it depends on your goals. I care more about fitness than being 'thin'.

While his rules might get you 'thin', what kind of 'thin' is it?
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Hahah!!! I do not consider myself a fan of Harper, nor a follower. But going back to my orginal comment, he has helped many people. Love him or hate him he has helped more people than us and has his following to prove it.

This..........and seriously all the people on here bashing this poor original poster and Bob Harper, are you all some kind of professional? Are you 100% sure your way is the right way? Sad, you are all pretty sad to be putting someone on here down because she is trying a lifestyle you don't agree with.
  • tbresina
    Options

So you think healthy is eating too much carbs, eating white, eating artificial sweetner etc........hmmmm, I question your intelligence!
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options

So you think healthy is eating too much carbs, eating white, eating artificial sweetner etc........hmmmm, I question your intelligence!

I don't question my intelligence......and I don't want to be "thin" either.......not a fan of the scrawny look.

Also love me some carbs....eating white.....artificial sweetners etc. all in moderation.

Nothing like a cold beer and some fresh baked white bread out of the oven after a workout at the gym.
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options

:huh:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

:laugh:

"eating white"
  • Lecterman
    Lecterman Posts: 97 Member
    Options

:laugh:

"eating white"

racist1.gif

:)
  • tbresina
    Options
    1. Drink a large glass of water before every meal- no excuses NO! It interferes with digestion and maxing out my meal.
    2. Don't drink your calories (as in only drink water, coffee, teas, etc. Avoid sodas, juices)NO! I drink protein shakes and latte's
    3. Eat protein at every meal (to avoid getting hungry and grouchy) Yeah, I kinda like this one.
    4. Cut your intake of refined flours and grains (pasta, bagels, even those that say "low in fat") ONLY those "low in fat" ones.
    5. Eat 30 to 50 grams of fiber a day OR totally overdo it like I did the other day and have an explosive evening. Releive-ning.
    6. Eat apples and berries every single day (as snacks) What am I a bear?
    7. No carbs after lunch Carbs whenever you damn well please.
    8. Learn to read food labels LOLwut? If I can read this I can read a food label
    9. Stop guessing about portion size and get it right- for good there goes my crystal ball novelty food scale
    10. no added sweeteners including artificial ones except maple syrup, honey, agave, molasses, brown sugar, and sugar
    11. No white potatoes reverse racism is still racism
    12. Don't eat meat once a week that's right eat it all the days!!!!!
    13. Get rid of fast foods and fried foods Get rid of guys named Harper

Maybe that is why you are on this site and Harper is ripped !

1) Not all of us are on this site to lose weight.

2) Harper is an idiot. Anyone can be ripped. It's called a calorie deficit + time.

Jealousy, so sad.........
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    1. Drink a large glass of water before every meal- no excuses NO! It interferes with digestion and maxing out my meal.
    2. Don't drink your calories (as in only drink water, coffee, teas, etc. Avoid sodas, juices)NO! I drink protein shakes and latte's
    3. Eat protein at every meal (to avoid getting hungry and grouchy) Yeah, I kinda like this one.
    4. Cut your intake of refined flours and grains (pasta, bagels, even those that say "low in fat") ONLY those "low in fat" ones.
    5. Eat 30 to 50 grams of fiber a day OR totally overdo it like I did the other day and have an explosive evening. Releive-ning.
    9. Stop guessing about portion size and get it right- for good there goes my crystal ball novelty food scale
    10. no added sweeteners including artificial ones except maple syrup, honey, agave, molasses, brown sugar, and sugar

2) Harper is an idiot. Anyone can be ripped. It's called a calorie deficit + time.

I find this comment ironic (and pretty much all your other ones) after having said

"Sad, you are all pretty sad to be putting someone on here down because she is trying a lifestyle you don't agree with."

Take your own advice?
  • starrylioness
    starrylioness Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I've lost 42 lbs doing the opposite of what this book says.

and you can add my weight loss to those 42 pounds as well (Congrats on your weight loss by the way). I can't say that I even followed 1 of these rules......

Same here. I've lost over 50 lbs and aside from drinking water and eating plenty of apples, I don't do most of these things.
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options

I still have no idea to Harper is, but anyone who puts this kind of ridiculous list together and then tries selling it to people as a good way to lose weight, is not someone I'd ever respect or take seriously. You don't need a bunch of meaningless rules to lose weight-count calories and keep them within your allotted daily number and you'll lose weight. It's that simple. It's sad that people fall for this kind of garbage and that's why there's a 95% failure rate with long term weight loss success.
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    Where is that "ignore" button? I sure need it. I follow the Intermittent Fasting plan. Dr. Michael Mosley. Perhaps you have heard of him? But, that said, I do have an open mind and I love reading books on all types of subjects. Knowledge is power! Cheers!

Check your sources then...
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options

I still have no idea to Harper is, but anyone who puts this kind of ridiculous list together and then tries selling it to people as a good way to lose weight, is not someone I'd ever respect or take seriously. You don't need a bunch of meaningless rules to lose weight-count calories and keep them within your allotted daily number and you'll lose weight. It's that simple. It's sad that people fall for this kind of garbage and that's why there's a 95% failure rate with long term weight loss success.

+20 million. You just won the internet.