New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    My local Walmart had the Holi-Doodle ice cream! It is DELICOUS. Definitely one of my new favorites since it's so sweet. My family also loved it, though my parents found the icing a bit overwhelming. They still agreed that it's awesome, though! Definitely something worth trying! Not as dense as more premium ice creams, but also less expensive, 190 calories which isn't bad, and full of flavor!
    nw84mm9izyuk.jpg

This looks so good, I wish I could tolerate dairy ice cream.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    My local Walmart had the Holi-Doodle ice cream! It is DELICOUS. Definitely one of my new favorites since it's so sweet. My family also loved it, though my parents found the icing a bit overwhelming. They still agreed that it's awesome, though! Definitely something worth trying! Not as dense as more premium ice creams, but also less expensive, 190 calories which isn't bad, and full of flavor!
    nw84mm9izyuk.jpg

This looks so good, I wish I could tolerate dairy ice cream.

Have you tried the lactaid pills? I can have dairy ice cream with 4 extra strength
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    Still on my hunt for quest bar replacement and these are the BEST I've tried. SOOOOOOOOOO good I think I may even like more than original quest formula. I tried cookies n cream, yellow cake, red velvet, chocolate coated cookies n cream, and cinnamon bun.
    chocorite-protein-cinnamon-bun-64g-bar-display.jpg
    chocorite_yellowcream_front.jpg
    chocorite-naked-protein-bar-cookies-n-cream.jpg

Cinnamon bun: 10/10 SOOOO good! I liked better than quest cinnamon roll flavor. It had nice big chunks of white chocolate and a very good cinnamon roll flavor.

Yellow cake: 10/10 again AMAZING! Tasted just like vanilla cake batter

Red velvet: 7/10 was very good, but I am not a big red velvet fan and this one was kind of hard without chunks.

Cookies n cream: 10/10 tasted pretty much exactly like quest original cookies n cream flavor, fantastic! I love how it comes in small 100 calorie bars as well as the big ones :)

Most intriguing! I just tried Mission 1 cookies and cream bars, and they are blah. Good texture, but the taste is just okay, not actually yummy at all.

Where did you get these?

I haven't tried mission 1 because they are made with soluble corn fiber (I hate the taste). I've also tried B-up bars (which are really good, just not AS good as old flavor quest) and combat crunch. I liked combat crunch, but wouldn't say they are amazing. I ordered these from the website :). I wish they sold in stores. That is the only thing about these bars, they are more expensive than quest bars, which were pretty expensive as is, so that is a big disappointment.
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Still on my hunt for quest bar replacement and these are the BEST I've tried. SOOOOOOOOOO good I think I may even like more than original quest formula. I tried cookies n cream, yellow cake, red velvet, chocolate coated cookies n cream, and cinnamon bun.

Cinnamon bun: 10/10 SOOOO good! I liked better than quest cinnamon roll flavor. It had nice big chunks of white chocolate and a very good cinnamon roll flavor.

Red velvet: 7/10 was very good, but I am not a big red velvet fan and this one was kind of hard without chunks.

Cookies n cream: 10/10 tasted pretty much exactly like quest original cookies n cream flavor, fantastic! I love how it comes in small 100 calorie bars as well as the big ones :)

Most intriguing! I just tried Mission 1 cookies and cream bars, and they are blah. Good texture, but the taste is just okay, not actually yummy at all.

Where did you get these?

I haven't tried mission 1 because they are made with soluble corn fiber (I hate the taste). I've also tried B-up bars (which are really good, just not AS good as old flavor quest) and combat crunch. I liked combat crunch, but wouldn't say they are amazing. I ordered these from the website :). I wish they sold in stores. That is the only thing about these bars, they are more expensive than quest bars, which were pretty expensive as is, so that is a big disappointment.

Yeah, I don't think I like corn fiber either. I wasn't really sure that's the ingredient I disliked but after trying Mission 1 I'm pretty sure. B-up are my go to bars since Quest switched, and sometimes a B-Jammin' as a treat. I like the box of minis you can buy directly from Yup, which are actually cheaper per gram!
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    stealthq wrote: »
    It's not as fun as holiday flavors of ice cream, etc, but has anyone else found the new boxed Pacific bone broths, no salt added? They make chicken and turkey, 9g of protein and 35cals per cup (yes, one of those two numbers has to be rounded).

They're meant to be for sipping, like a consomme. I've tried them that way (after adding salt), and they're fine. They're also really nice as a regular broth substitute in recipes. I notice more flavor, anyway. And I appreciate the extra protein.
    We carry them at the store I work at. I've never tried them before, though. We also started carrying some kind of frozen bone broth recently -- I forget what the brand name was. It's way too expensive to buy, though. Like $10.00 a quart expensive.

We also have those Alternative Baking Comapny cookies. It's so hard to work a 7 hour shift and not buy a couple of those to snack on behind the counter while I work. Especially since I get 25% off with my employee discount.
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options

Where did you get these?

Maybe I'm just blind, but I don't see the half size bars or the cookies and cream bars on the webpage. Do you have a link?
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options

Where did you get these?

Maybe I'm just blind, but I don't see the half size bars or the cookies and cream bars on the webpage. Do you have a link?

Haha, you are not blind, I guess they have a separate site for chocorite and chocolite..... healthsmartfoods.com/chocorite-protein-bars.html
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Heavy cream at 52%. Mmmmmmm.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    I bought three boxes of this cereal on a whim because it was only $0.49. I ended up making bars with it using pancake syrup and Biscoff spread. They turned out super good.

bar-006955.jpg

These look so good! What a good deal, I've never seen them at the store!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,651 Member
    Options
    I bought three boxes of this cereal on a whim because it was only $0.49. I ended up making bars with it using pancake syrup and Biscoff spread. They turned out super good.

bar-006955.jpg

They *are* good! More light than dense and really cinnamony.
  • irenehb
    irenehb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Chobani is coming out soon with herbed dips. The item I saw on a promo van said 97% fat free, packed with protein and comes in 150g tub. I believe the flavour I saw is Herbed Tzatziki.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    91Kj0bzD7NL._SY679_.jpg
    I actually really like these. I'm not huge on actual Whataburger fries because they're too salty for me, but there's something about a crispy fry that really makes these wonderful.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    stealthq wrote: »
    It's not as fun as holiday flavors of ice cream, etc, but has anyone else found the new boxed Pacific bone broths, no salt added? They make chicken and turkey, 9g of protein and 35cals per cup (yes, one of those two numbers has to be rounded).

They're meant to be for sipping, like a consomme. I've tried them that way (after adding salt), and they're fine. They're also really nice as a regular broth substitute in recipes. I notice more flavor, anyway. And I appreciate the extra protein.

Oh I got to look into those, that sounds great!

they also have one that is bone STOCK and its 14 grams of protein :)
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Flavors_PureFit.png
    Tried these hoping they would be good as they have great stats, but they were not good at all lol. The almond one had the terrible "fake almond extract" taste that I despise and just tasted very fake. The chocolate chip cookie dough tasted more peanut buttery and not chocolatey at all. All of them had a weird "fake" taste to them that I did not like and an unpleasant texture. I would not buy, but I got samples for free so I tried a bite of each one. The only one I remotely liked was the peanut butter toffee crunch, I give that a 6/10
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited December 2015
    Options
    double post
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options

bar-006955.jpg

Do you have a Kroger nearby?

http://thekrazycouponlady.com/2015/11/30/barbaras-cereal-as-low-as-0-37-at-kroger-starting-122/

Darn, no Krogers here where I live :(