New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Yum. I can't decide which one I like better!
    Lemon-Poppyseed.jpg
    MC-Blueberry-Lemon.jpg
    This doesn't seem to have as much of an aftertaste compared to the cheddar and mozzarella shreds. Good in macaroni and cheese.
    smoked_gouda.png
    I found these at TJ Maxx. They're like Larabars, but in bite form.
    080125fc-d77b-46f0-8119-2fe16414666a.png

Have you tried the Alternative Baking Cinnamon Cookie yet?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    My Target haul

holiday2014.cereal.jpg

115.jpg

(ok the boxes looks different now)

target%2Bmarket%2Bpantry%2Bfrosted%2Bsugar%2Bcookie%2Bice%2Bcream%2Bquart.jpg

That one is pretty good!
  • klove808
    klove808 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Chipotle veganaise

Balsamic vinegar : my newest love

@vinegar_husbands Those cookies are amazing and addictive.
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I got my order of Chocorite protein bars today. I went ahead and tried Butter pecan: 2llqez9if9zj.jpg

It was dang good! I have no complaints. It had a strong pecan flavour (lots of pecan bits on top), and my jaw got a good workout. Some people hate the chewyness of old Quest bars, but personally I find that texture very satisfying. I couldn't resist also trying one of the half-size Red Velvet flavour. They're a bit weird to me, but still pretty good.

Oh, I lied, I do have a complaint: they didn't ship my cookies and cream ones :(

I'm excited to try the other flavours. These might replace B-up in my cupboards.

edit: I was bad, and just tried the peanut butter half-sized bar too. OMG. Delicious!! It actually has a strong peanut butter taste! :D
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    I got my order of Chocorite protein bars today. I went ahead and tried Butter pecan: 2llqez9if9zj.jpg

It was dang good! I have no complaints. It had a strong pecan flavour (lots of pecan bits on top), and my jaw got a good workout. Some people hate the chewyness of old Quest bars, but personally I find that texture very satisfying. I couldn't resist also trying one of the half-size Red Velvet flavour. They're a bit weird to me, but still pretty good.

Oh, I lied, I do have a complaint: they didn't ship my cookies and cream ones :(

I'm excited to try the other flavours. These might replace B-up in my cupboards.

edit: I was bad, and just tried the peanut butter half-sized bar too. OMG. Delicious!! It actually has a strong peanut butter taste! :D

Glad you liked them too! I think they are going to be my replacement for quest as well. They are the best I've tried. The yellow cake and cinnamon bun are delicious as well. Big chunks of white chocolate/icing.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I only tried them 2 years ago, I don't even think they make those flavors anymore. I just wish there was a place to buy them for cheap.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

Glad you liked them too! I think they are going to be my replacement for quest as well. They are the best I've tried. The yellow cake and cinnamon bun are delicious as well. Big chunks of white chocolate/icing.

I'll have to remember to order the Yellow Cake & Cinnamon Bun once my stash of protein bars depletes.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
  • klove808
    klove808 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    @klove808 You should give this a shot. It is so tasty.

I will, looks yummy. TA.
  • Dreysander
    Dreysander Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Smuckers now makes sugar free preserves with splenda AND stevia. Yay for morning oatmeal!
  • mathandcats
    Options
    xh1c8lu39dcy.jpg

I tried this one today. It was alright, but I'm not crazy about yellow cake to begin with. The first bite had a strong yellow cake-y taste to it, but after that I thought it kind of lacked flavour. All the bars have an underlying taste that reminds me of cocoa butter, which is not unpleasant but is definitely there. That's mostly what I tasted in this one. It was less prominent in the butter pecan or peanut butter ones.

Also, it was only 54g instead of the advertised 64g! :(
  • triddering
    triddering Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    gcam86owavs8.jpg
    I love this humus with a great cilantro, lime and avocado flavor! It also counts for the avocado MFP challenge! Only 25 cals per tbsp!

I love it with these:
    co013m0ovd5t.jpg
  • Triplestep
    Triplestep Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    triddering wrote: »
    I love this humus with a great cilantro, lime and avocado flavor! It also counts for the avocado MFP challenge! Only 25 cals per tbsp!

Where do you get Summer Fresh 25 Cal/Tbs Avocado Humus? Sounds great!

• Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I didn't think to take a picture of it, but we got a new kind of cookie in with our Alternative Baking Company order at work. It was a gluten free mint chocolate cookie, and it was DELICIOUS! Like a soft, pillowy thin mint, if that makes any sense. I'll snap a photo when i go in on Tuesday.

Also, the gluten free ones are more expensive where you guys are at? We sell them for about 30 cents cheaper than the regular ones since they're half the size. It's funny -- when I was working with another girl this evening, she asked aloud about why the regular ones were more expensive, and she was really surprised when I told her that it was because the regular ones are so much larger. I explained to her that the gluten free ones are about 220-240 calories each, while the regular ones are about 440-480. Her eyes just about bulged out of her head. She was like "There's 400 calories in those things?! I've eaten so many of those since I was hired. It's no wonder why I've been putting on weight!"

The true irony of all this? We work at a health food store.
  • mathandcats
    Options
    I need to stop eating two in a day, but I tried the cinnamon bun Chocorite protein bar. The white chocolate/icing chunks were tasty, but I thought the actual bar was pretty bland. Not very cinnamony at all.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    I need to stop eating two in a day, but I tried the cinnamon bun Chocorite protein bar. The white chocolate/icing chunks were tasty, but I thought the actual bar was pretty bland. Not very cinnamony at all.

Thanks for the reviews. I will have to try the butter pecan since I thought the other ones were quite good. If you thought they were bland compared to the butter pecan it must be fantastic.
  • triddering
    triddering Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Triplestep wrote: »
    triddering wrote: »

Where do you get Summer Fresh 25 Cal/Tbs Avocado Humus? Sounds great!

I live in upstate NY and I got it at Wegmans. It is a new product here, so maybe it will start spreading to other grocery stores. Maybe search online to see what other grocery stores would carry in your area?
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    I tried Flapjacked's new Peanut Butter flavor Mighty Muffins this morning... IT WAS AWESOME. A lot better than the maple pumpkin by a long shot! The peanut butter chips make it super gooey and decadent. Highly recommend! I'd buy more but it was the last one on the shelf