New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• etherealanwar
    etherealanwar Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    AmyC2288 wrote: »
    Tried the BK funnel cake fries. So. So. Good. 9 sticks for 220 cals. 🤤🤤🤤ixx2c83ymli1.jpg

I ordered these the other day and OMG were they horrible. They must have done something wrong because they were like rubber, so hard and chewy!!

Mine were pretty good. I've never had funnel cake before so wasn't sure what to expect. Is real funnel cake kinda eggy?

So my first time was a fluke, I ended up ordering them again and they were fantastic :) Funnel cake is somewhat eggy but not too noticeably so.

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,597 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    *heavy breathing* So this popped up in my news feed today on Facebook... Not sure when we can get it or where, but I’ll be looking!
    k0r6gwu482ww.jpeg

I'm the pillsbury doughboy in this situation.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    *heavy breathing* So this popped up in my news feed today on Facebook... Not sure when we can get it or where, but I’ll be looking!
    k0r6gwu482ww.jpeg

Oh dear, YESSSS! I am LOVING all this "cross brand" collaborations going on!

@hgycta WOW I NEED that cheesecake pint! Halo top has been bad on my stomach lately (the dairy version), but that pint looks SO worth it, lol. I got my delivery of the pops and got the cheesecake ones but they weren't that great or anything. They didn't have the awesome chunks the pint has! I am craving strawberry cheesecake now lol.

@missperfectpitch thanks for posting on those! I saw those and was super intrigued if they were any good and what they tasted like.

• asonrody
    asonrody Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    k0r6gwu482ww.jpeg

So I looked up Oreos Toaster Strudel and a change.org petition from 3 years ago with this image popped up. It was an April fool's joke. :( it would have been so good!
  • CharlieCharlie007
    CharlieCharlie007 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    jenjim2021 wrote: »
    my3boys424 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I want to try the Chobani hazelnut! yum!

It's called Chobani chocolate haze craze. Chocolate hazelnut yogurt with mini chocolate chips and pieces of hazelnuts. I suppose you could make your own with some hazelnuts, chocolate chips, plain Greek yogurt and nutella though.

I love to add chocolate chips to my low fat vanilla Greek yogurt. It's about 100 calories and tastes like dessert.

I do this too! I love the Chobani Key Lime Flips. I bought the lime Chobani cup and add my own white chocolate chips. It's like dessert to me.

Shoogt....ive been doing it wrong this whole time!!!!
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    Let me start off by admitting I’m not a cheesecake person, I don’t know what it is, it’s just not something I ever crave. I expected this pint to be like Enlightened’s strawberry cheesecake flavor, which I only bought once for the sake of trying it. There have only been two cheesecake things I’ve enjoyed: 1.) Panera’s New York cheesecake cream cheese they discontinued for some reason, and 2.) IHOP’s strawberry cheesecake pancakes.
    Well, I’m now making it three things, because Halo Top NAILED it with this strawberry cheesecake pint!!! It’s more sweet than it is tart (a win in my book), and has PLENTY of cheesecake pieces/graham swirl! They’re not very easy to see, but they’re definitely extremely generous with them! I kind of like that they blend in because then they come as a surprise ;)
    This ice cream would definitely be good on IHOP’s strawberry cheesecake pancakes because this feels like the same exact concept with the mix ins, just in ice cream form. Next time I get ihop I might get some to-go so I can do that xD
    10/10 definitely worth picking up! I NEVER thought I’d say it about a fruit inspired flavored, but I will ABSOLUTELY get this again, I love it!!!
    If someone who isn’t normally crazy about cheesecake loves this, I can’t even imagine what you cheesecake lovers will think of it!
    6bkhbmbeaumk.jpeg
    0y5jsffaijb2.jpeg
    pxf0ptpy0n0m.jpeg
    o3070emweqkx.jpeg

MMMM.. my favorite cheesecake flavored "ice cream" is by Kemps: wnqj1so4w76i.png

Also, kemps used to make a key lime pie flavor that was phenomenal. Halo Top needs a key lime flavor! Remember arctic zero's??
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    rhaiin wrote: »
    91MLbPkEjOL._SY355_.jpg

I like the regular Belvita, so I figured that I would give these ones a try. They taste alright. They're decent for a quick grab-and-go breakfast. Apparently they make an Oat & Chocolate and Oats, Honey and Chocolate, so I'll be looking for those flavors next.

More info

Calories 200
    Calories from Fat 70
    Total Fat 8g
    Saturated Fat 1g
    Trans Fat 0g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
    Monounsaturated Fat 4g
    Cholesterol 10mg
    Sodium 220mg
    Potassium 90mg
    Total Carbohydrate 22g
    Dietary Fiber 3g
    Sugars 11g
    Protein 10g

I really disliked those. Weird taste and texture, bleh.

I haven't tried or seen many new things lately but I saw a LOT of new Oikos whole milk flavors today at Shop Rite (some in the 'not so traditional Greek yogurt' line). Unfortunately, the couple I've tried so far are not as tasty as the regular whole milk raspberry, which I just love. I tried the raspberry mousse, which isn't anything like a mousse, and the strawberry cheesecake one... I wasn't impressed. I still have French toast, cherry pie, and berry cobbler to try, I passed on the cafe latte one.

I tried the 'not so traditional Greek yogurt' vanilla before and it wasn't very impressive either. Maybe I'm just tired of Greek yogurt after 5 years on MFP, lol (after getting sick of protein bars, artificial sweeteners, eggs, and chicken breast).
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    asonrody wrote: »
    k0r6gwu482ww.jpeg

So I looked up Oreos Toaster Strudel and a change.org petition from 3 years ago with this image popped up. It was an April fool's joke. :( it would have been so good!

Wow, now I am so sad. It looked so real too!

Saw this, not in my area though but maybe some of you guys have this product by you! https://threebridges.com/coupons/alcr2udd9627.png
  • tiredmommy17
    tiredmommy17 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this is new or not. kz7samk0bqtb.jpeg
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    So I just found out you can add the fries to anything you order at Taco Bell. I got the steak cantina power bowl with fries, nacho cheese sauce, and onions. Best 660 calories of fast food ever.
    5rqaw6b0aq8v.jpeg
    Let me start off by admitting I’m not a cheesecake person, I don’t know what it is, it’s just not something I ever crave. I expected this pint to be like Enlightened’s strawberry cheesecake flavor, which I only bought once for the sake of trying it. There have only been two cheesecake things I’ve enjoyed: 1.) Panera’s New York cheesecake cream cheese they discontinued for some reason, and 2.) IHOP’s strawberry cheesecake pancakes.
    Well, I’m now making it three things, because Halo Top NAILED it with this strawberry cheesecake pint!!! It’s more sweet than it is tart (a win in my book), and has PLENTY of cheesecake pieces/graham swirl! They’re not very easy to see, but they’re definitely extremely generous with them! I kind of like that they blend in because then they come as a surprise ;)
    This ice cream would definitely be good on IHOP’s strawberry cheesecake pancakes because this feels like the same exact concept with the mix ins, just in ice cream form. Next time I get ihop I might get some to-go so I can do that xD
    10/10 definitely worth picking up! I NEVER thought I’d say it about a fruit inspired flavored, but I will ABSOLUTELY get this again, I love it!!!
    If someone who isn’t normally crazy about cheesecake loves this, I can’t even imagine what you cheesecake lovers will think of it!
    6bkhbmbeaumk.jpeg
    0y5jsffaijb2.jpeg
    pxf0ptpy0n0m.jpeg
    o3070emweqkx.jpeg

MMMM.. my favorite cheesecake flavored "ice cream" is by Kemps: wnqj1so4w76i.png

Also, kemps used to make a key lime pie flavor that was phenomenal. Halo Top needs a key lime flavor! Remember arctic zero's??
    I don’t think I’ve ever seen that Kemps pint, next time I’ll try it! How many calories does it have?
    I would be for Halo Top doing a key lime flavor! Although I’m still fully convinced their green tea mochi tastes more like key lime than it does green tea haha
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    So I just found out you can add the fries to anything you order at Taco Bell. I got the steak cantina power bowl with fries, nacho cheese sauce, and onions. Best 660 calories of fast food ever.
    5rqaw6b0aq8v.jpeg
    6bkhbmbeaumk.jpeg
    0y5jsffaijb2.jpeg
    pxf0ptpy0n0m.jpeg
    o3070emweqkx.jpeg

I don’t think I’ve ever seen that Kemps pint, next time I’ll try it! How many calories does it have?
    I would be for Halo Top doing a key lime flavor! Although I’m still fully convinced their green tea mochi tastes more like key lime than it does green tea haha

Lol there’s like 800 per pint. But another thing that reminds me of my childhood is this blueberry cream flavor. Used to have this with crushed Graham crackers and it was like a blueberry cheesecake.

https://kemps.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/RS2155_FroYo-FF_BlueberriesCream_010617-scr-800x553.jpg4xab1cnpjd0k.jpeg
  • missperfectpitch
    missperfectpitch Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    A couple of additional Ben and Jerry's reviews - two more of the new Moophoria light flavors (PB marshmallow swirl and Mocha fudge brownie) and the other two new cookie dough core flavors (Wake & "No Bake" and Sweet like Sugar).
    9n9c6buko2e6.jpg
    sc8bw6ob4fh2.jpg

First up: the Moophoria flavors. Out of all of the Moophoria flavors that I've tried (I've only not tried Chocolate Cookie EnlightenMint, which I spotted but didn't have room for in my shopping basket), these are the best by far in my opinion... with a caveat. Like the other Moophoria flavors, the mix-ins in these flavors are not great. Both the peanut butter cookies in the PB marshmallow flavor and the brownies in the Mocha fudge brownie flavor had an odd aftertaste. I would've liked these flavors even more if those mix-ins were removed - mix-ins are not needed in every B&J's flavor, particularly the light ones where they remove calories which affects the flavor of those mix-ins. That said, I loved the peanut butter ice cream as well as the marshmallow swirl. The ice cream had good flavor and didn't taste "diet" or bland like the other Moophoria flavors. Maybe a bit more subtle PB flavor than I would've preferred, but still tasty.
    Same with the mocha fudge ice cream, where the mocha ice cream and the marshmallow swirls had good flavor.
    hqothab5xj3y.jpg

For the cookie dough core flavors, Wake & "No Bake" was similar to the Chocolate chip cookie dough core flavor in that it tasted good, though a bit boring. Half of the ice cream base was vanilla with peanut butter cookies, and the vanilla was good, but just not interesting. The peanut butter cookies here were way better than the cookies in the Moophoria PB marshmallow swirl. Other half was a peanut butter ice cream with chocolate chips, which was also solid. The chocolate cookie dough core was interesting as it was almost brownie-like in taste.

Sweet like Sugar was my favorite out of the new cookie dough core flavors. It's the most interesting flavor combination out of all of them. One half is sweet cream ice cream with a hint of almond and shortbread cookies- it's definitely a subtle almond flavor, but it works well with everything else in the pint. Other half is cherry ice cream with cherries, so basically cherry Garcia minus the chocolate chips. The sugar cookie dough core tasted spot on for sugar cookies.
    3q3oa2jim8lz.jpg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    This is probably a huge "WOO", but I came across it promoted on my facebook page, LOL. And I had to click to see what crazy "minus cal fat blocking" bar they are making now.....

i4z6t9b4ldw8.png
    dpqqqeykpsyy.png
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options

So that Oreo toaster strudel might not be real, but this.... O.O
    vfdr5lwwqnbu.png

Thank you for this. Much love your way for bringing this to my attention
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    This is probably a huge "WOO", but I came across it promoted on my facebook page, LOL. And I had to click to see what crazy "minus cal fat blocking" bar they are making now.....

i4z6t9b4ldw8.png
    dpqqqeykpsyy.png

omg ew
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    So that Oreo toaster strudel might not be real, but this.... O.O
    vfdr5lwwqnbu.png

I could go into a hyperglycemic coma if I eat these.

It might be worth it.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    @missperfectpitch

Thanks for all your ice cream reviews you contribute! I bought the Sweet Like Sugar Cookie Dough Core at Giant & really like it! All the different flavors blend beautifully together. This will definitely be bought again unlike the regular cookie dough core.

At Giant they have the new Halo Top & Enlightened flavors.

Giant also has the new Coke Orange Vanilla & had a fridge full of free samples in the larger aluminum can variety. I tried one in the store & didn't really care for it.

Weis must be overhauling their Enlightened section (hoping they get Glazed Donut) & had around four flavors for $2.49 that will be eliminated. Flavors were Birthday Cake, French Toast, Toasted Coconut, & one more I can't remember.
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    have any of you tried these? I've moved away from eating protein bars/protein-infused foods, but these really impressed me.

cyyukm761aiz.gif

the Salted Caramel reminds me of a Twix bar <3 you can find them here