NO Veggies Diet? Would it work?

Options

Replies

• DebHutton55
    DebHutton55 Posts: 48 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I'm sure you have your answer by now, so I will not suggest. These forums are if nothing else, interesting. You have the trolls and then the innocent ones getting upset over what the trolls spout. They want nothing else but to get a rise out of you for their own narcissistic pleasure.
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you have your answer by now, so I will not suggest. These forums are if nothing else, interesting. You have the trolls and then the innocent ones getting upset over what the trolls spout. They want nothing else but to get a rise out of you for their own narcisstic pleasure.

...Wut? Are you sure you posted this in the right thread.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Daiako wrote: »
    randomtai wrote: »
    I don't eat vegtables, with the exception of lettuce and occasionally Brussels sprouts cooked in bacon fat.

Vegetables taste like crap, unless covered in fat and cheese. I'm not really into training myself like things that taste like crap and I prefer to not spend my calories on such things. That's just me tho. Some people are really into eating stuff they don't like because health.

And not eating things they do like.

And generally making themselves unhappy.

Long term deficiencies = serious health problems. Good luck with that.

Your clearly selfless concern is noted. I'm not worried, but it's adorable that you are.

You seem like a really lovely person. :)

Well, yes, I am actually.

At least when compared to someone trying to scare others into eating vegetables with threats of health problems. Far as I can tell you're no better than the people promising me a life of diabetes and obesity if I don't stop eating sugar.

Too bad it's common sense that if a person eats minimal vegetables, they are putting themselves at a high risk of deficiencies in essential vitamins and minerals. These deficiencies can, in fact, lead to serious health complications.

I don't have any deficiencies (except iron but that's because my body doesn't absorb it properly, not because of issues with food. In fact due to my iron absorption issues my doctor checks me for common deficiencies to ensure I'm not failing to absorb in other areas)

But I'll stay on the lookout for that there scurvy.

:sunglasses:

You may not have any deficiencies right now. Down the road….. well, can't guarantee that.

I guarantee that no one will come out of this alive. *nod*

There is no more solid guarantee of poor health and death than being born.

So. We should stop that. It's dangerous. Think of all the future medical issues!!

Being born is not a guarantee of poor health.
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you have your answer by now, so I will not suggest. These forums are if nothing else, interesting. You have the trolls and then the innocent ones getting upset over what the trolls spout. They want nothing else but to get a rise out of you for their own narcisstic pleasure.

...Wut? Are you sure you posted this in the right thread.

LOL. That statement should be posted in EVERY thread.

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    while scurvy is a mo-fo- and I wouldn't wish it on anyone... it isn't simply the lack of perishables that causes it - so yeah- not eating veggies EVER- not a good idea- but I doubt OP is going to be walking around with a parrot- eye patch and one leg crying about how the scurvy is messing up her system.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scurvy

That being said- OP- grow up- learn how to cook new different foods. Try more things- and or make friends with your blender.
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options
    I don't eat vegtables, with the exception of lettuce and occasionally Brussels sprouts cooked in bacon fat.

Vegetables taste like crap, unless covered in fat and cheese. I'm not really into training myself like things that taste like crap and I prefer to not spend my calories on such things. That's just me tho. Some people are really into eating stuff they don't like because health.

Your clearly selfless concern is noted. I'm not worried, but it's adorable that you are.

At least when compared to someone trying to scare others into eating vegetables with threats of health problems. Far as I can tell you're no better than the people promising me a life of diabetes and obesity if I don't stop eating sugar.

Too bad it's common sense that if a person eats minimal vegetables, they are putting themselves at a high risk of deficiencies in essential vitamins and minerals. These deficiencies can, in fact, lead to serious health complications.

I don't have any deficiencies (except iron but that's because my body doesn't absorb it properly, not because of issues with food. In fact due to my iron absorption issues my doctor checks me for common deficiencies to ensure I'm not failing to absorb in other areas)

You may not have any deficiencies right now. Down the road….. well, can't guarantee that.

So. We should stop that. It's dangerous. Think of all the future medical issues!!

You might want to read what I said again.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Folks will convince themselves of whatever they want. cheers. :drinker:
  • oncem0re
    oncem0re Posts: 213 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    hahah I see how this thread got blown out of proportion. But I love all the constructive criticisms and also learned some different lingos. I will definitely try out some of these things. Thank you all so much....

:) I know how I need to have all these vegetables - my main reason why I even asked. But the best ones I got so far were to bring it in slowly and through juice, soups, and other ways of cooking...which I will!

I'm more than overwhelmed to the amount of advise I've received and really greatful for the good, the bad and the uglies :disagree:
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    While I agree that you don't have to eat anything you don't want to eat, I also think that as an adult, you need to figure out a way to like vegetables.
    + infinity.

I am not a fan of veggies, but I sneak them in anywhere and everywhere I can. For example, I HATEHATEHATE mushrooms. I made chicken pot pie last week, and mixed very finely diced mushrooms into the sauce. Didn't even know they were there. When I make fresh tomato sauce, I often do a half&half: half tomatoes, half eggplant for example. Roasting vegs is awesome because a) they get crispy and b) the sugars in vegs caramelize and make for sweeter veggies. Keep doing this and over time, you will learn to like more and more veggies.
  • oncem0re
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    That being said- OP- grow up- learn how to cook new different foods. Try more things- and or make friends with your blender.

Thanks! I am grown woman! don't need that sarcasm there.... but I just bought my Vitamix blender and will sure as hell put it to use.

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    oncem0re wrote: »
    hahah I see how this thread got blow out. But I love all the constructive criticisms and learn some different lingos. I will definitely try out some of these things. Thank you all so much....

:) I know how I need to have all these vegetables - my main reason why I even asked. But the best one I got so far was bring it in slowly and through juice, soups, and other ways of cooking...which I will!

I'm more than overwhelmed to the amount of advise I've received and really grreatful for the good, the bad and the uglies :disagree:

Smoothies > juice. And taste better.
  • silentKayak
    silentKayak Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    You should learn to eat some vegetables. They're filling and full of fiber. Chop them up fine or blend them, and start with SMALL amounts. For example, you can throw a handful of kale, green onion, and celery in the blender with a few spoonfuls of ketchup. Blend it to a puree, and then add it to the ground meat you're making that burger out of.

Don't try eating brocolli florettes. Instead chop it fine and throw it in the spaghetti sauce or into chicken soup. I really think the texture is key.

I agree it's part of adulthood. I don't like exercise, but I do it anyway. Sometimes you have to find the ones you hate the least.
  • oncem0re
    Options
    zarckon wrote: »
    You should learn to eat some vegetables. They're filling and full of fiber. Chop them up fine or blend them, and start with SMALL amounts. For example, you can throw a handful of kale, green onion, and celery in the blender with a few spoonfuls of ketchup. Blend it to a puree, and then add it to the ground meat you're making that burger out of.

Don't try eating brocolli florettes. Instead chop it fine and throw it in the spaghetti sauce or into chicken soup. I really think the texture is key.

I agree it's part of adulthood. I don't like exercise, but I do it anyway. Sometimes you have to find the ones you hate the least.

This is a fabolous idea! I always eat my brocolli florettes! and btw... you had me at "spaghette sauce" which sounds good coz it will just look like little parsley! you can barely taste it! Thank you, Thank you! I'll definitely try this one out!

• renovagirl
    renovagirl Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I just can't stand the taste of ANY vegetables, except "some" lettuce... I specially not like brocolli but I manage to add it in my daily intakes for the nutrients. Anyway, I thought I'd ask if anyone here have/had successful diet without any vegies consumption?

I love my rice or brown rice, corn, peppers (cooked) but any others, I just can't stand it. I have to put it really deep in my chicken so I can swallow 1 florette of brocolli. :( this is sad but true.

Yes
  • eeelizabeth2012
    eeelizabeth2012 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I don't think anyone really LOVES veggies. Maybe. I don't know. But there are so many different ones and different ways to eat them. And with enough time and routine, it will not seem so bad. If I am having greens I put vinegar on them. Or, I try to load whatever I am making with lots of veggies: For example: Spaghetti. There are so many veggies though! And diff ways to make them:
    Carrots, spinach, sweet potatoes, Swiss chard, onions, edemame, green beans, yellow beans, different bell peppers, mushrooms, cucumber, tomato, zucchini, fiddle heads, beets, olives....

These things can be cooked or raw. Dipped in hummas or other light dressings. With vinegar. Chopped up into a food dish. Etc.
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    I don't think anyone really LOVES veggies. Maybe. I don't know.

I do.... I looove brocolli. Especially steamed or in vietnamese pho or hot pot broth. I also looove steamed or sauteed zucchini with a bit of spices (e.g. berber or even just cayenne). Other veggies that I love: cauliflower, spinach (in a spinach salad w/ strawberries and vinaigrette dressing, or snuck into other foods, don't love it on its own). brussel sprouts, artichokes, asparagus, and sweet bell peppers. Yum yum!

I will say though that I don't usually crave vegetables and will often skip them if I don't make it a point to prepare them. But they are genuinely some of my favorite things to eat.

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options

You might want to read what I said again.

"There is no more solid guarantee of poor health and death than being born."
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Not liking any vegetable is childish. Toughen up and eat your veggies.

This^

You're a grown up.
    Make smoothies.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    renovagirl wrote: »
    I just can't stand the taste of ANY vegetables, except "some" lettuce... I specially not like brocolli but I manage to add it in my daily intakes for the nutrients. Anyway, I thought I'd ask if anyone here have/had successful diet without any vegies consumption?

I love my rice or brown rice, corn, peppers (cooked) but any others, I just can't stand it. I have to put it really deep in my chicken so I can swallow 1 florette of brocolli. :( this is sad but true.

Yes

Would you open your diary so the public can see?