Options
12345679»

Replies

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    oncem0re wrote: »
    i had my veggies tonight in the form of ratatouille, it was yummy

I had seen this on Pinterest and looks delicious - may have to try it one of these days!

It is delicious! When you try it, find a recipe which has you bake the vegetables on a cookie sheet in your oven. It's VERY easy to make that way and your house will smell amazing while it cooks.

Fall is the ideal time to make ratatouille because all of the ingredients are readily available. It's a great way to use up the last of your garden vegetables.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I like most vegetables. A few I did not like but over time I got used to eating them or found a method of preperation that was truly tasty.
    My dd dislikes most vegetables except in things like soup, spaghetti sauce, or lasagna. She is not an adventurous eater. She loves almost all fruit though.
    Eat what you can. Try to meet your nutritional needs.
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    There are not a lot of veggies I will eat, in veggie form. Boring green beans, peas, corn, carrots, you know, the basics. If I did not now add them to smoothies, I wouldn't be getting much of anything since the standard around here was mixed frozen veggies (blech, lima beans). Now I have kale, broccoli fails to affect my intestinal system when my Blendtec has pulverized it, and I have successfully made mashed cauliflower. I have however, managed to survive 47 years with such a veggie-less existence. I've been a fit size 6 even. I think most processed foods of the type I ate, were fortified in one way or another, and I took multivitamins, C, E, etc along the way. To my knowledge I don't suffer from any deficiencies at this time. I am however trying to become healthiER. As well as lose the weight caused by stress eating through the first year of my current job.

Hence the Blendtec. I think you'll do great just by adding veggies into your smoothies. You may, as I did, even progress to sauteing kale and chard with onions in coconut oil. Never thought I'd willingly eat a leafy green that wasn't in the arms of a warm, delicious cheesy artichoke dip.

• oncem0re
    oncem0re Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I have to give credit for those who deserves it. Thank you all for the advices. I'm now able to get my fiber and vitamins, nutrients I need from Veggies! I ordered my Vitamix 2 weeks ago and it has been used ever since then! I made smoothies that's NOT SO green but enough to have me started yesterday.

2c Spinach
    1c Cucumber
    1/2 tsp Ginger
    1/2 lemon juice
    1/2 apple
    1/2 banana
    1/2 c pineapple chunks
    1 c berries blend (blueberries, rasberries and blackberries from Trader's Joe)
    1/2 c grapes
    Ice
    Water

This is really BABY steps for me but I chug it down and it's going to be a staple for me. I will add some Kale and parsley next time but for now. This is delish and I can't taste any of the veggies at all and really refreshing. It's kinda brownish color but it doesn't really bother me.

Again, I appreciate the ones that took some time to give me some great advise! Kudos :)
  • leahannhorton
    leahannhorton Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Why not try tackling one new veggie a week/month/whatever specified amount of time. Pick something new you've never tried and try out recipes until you find a way that you might like that vegetable. Then once you've found a way that you like, say peas, then move onto something else, like squash. Vegetables are SO SO versatile. You can really cover them up and turn them into totally new flavors that are much more manageable than simply steamed broccoli (which is totally boring!)