Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options
1144214431445144714483388

Replies

  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    So I just realized that a few pairs of the shorts I bought today look a bit like pajamas. I'm wondering if I accidentally bought pajamas, but I doubt it as they were amongst all the other clothes and away from the pajama section :neutral:

    I don't think anyone at the resort is going to care anyway... people are going to be walking around in bathing suits all the time (count me out-too self conscious).

    But this says something for my fashion sense!!

    I admit, I laughed out loud when I read this. I've noticed that some of the non denim shorts do resemble pajamas. My daughter owns a pair. I'm sure you'll look adorable pajamas or not.
    Thanks! At least I'll be comfortable ;)

    I have to get up at 4 so I can get to the airport and board my plane at 6:15 :neutral: Not looking forward to getting up that early, but at least I'll be in paradise soon, eh? (I'm hoping my tub won't have mold like some reviewers are saying it will!)

    But I'll miss this thread while I'm gone!

    Enjoy your trip and safe travels
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    So I just realized that a few pairs of the shorts I bought today look a bit like pajamas. I'm wondering if I accidentally bought pajamas, but I doubt it as they were amongst all the other clothes and away from the pajama section :neutral:

    I don't think anyone at the resort is going to care anyway... people are going to be walking around in bathing suits all the time (count me out-too self conscious).

    But this says something for my fashion sense!!

    I admit, I laughed out loud when I read this. I've noticed that some of the non denim shorts do resemble pajamas. My daughter owns a pair. I'm sure you'll look adorable pajamas or not.
    Thanks! At least I'll be comfortable ;)

    I have to get up at 4 so I can get to the airport and board my plane at 6:15 :neutral: Not looking forward to getting up that early, but at least I'll be in paradise soon, eh? (I'm hoping my tub won't have mold like some reviewers are saying it will!)

    But I'll miss this thread while I'm gone!
    Have a great trip!
    Thanks guys! I had about two hours of sleep, if that, so that's fun :lol: I'm definitely not going to be able to catch up with this thread when I get back...

    EDIT: Someone (can't remember who) asked me about the self tanner I used. It was Tarte Brazilliance I think. Got it from Sephora. I'm kind of confused about it now though.... can't tell if it faded or not :confused:
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    tomatoey wrote: »
    I just had four vodka shots. I don't know if they even do anything, vodka's a sober buzz, just takes the edge off. (Not like, I don't know, wine, which has you hugging people and being a sop, or beer, which, thinking about it, is kind of a crappy buzz, actually.) I do feel a bit more relaxed, but it's a fairly sober deal. Waste of money, really, I think I just hate being empty-handed while out.

    And way too many cals. 100 for a Canadian shot (1.5 oz).

    Wow that's a lot of calories for shots! Don't feel comfortable sipping on a pop while out? I know this can be hard for people, took me a long time to finally be okay with going out and ordering a diet pop without alcohol :/

    It IS a lot of calories! I wikipedia'd it to be sure, Canadian shots are 1.5 oz and that's how much they're worth :(

    I don't feel comfortable with a pop, and I'm not sure why :/ I have no dependence issues - only drink in company, and I don't go out that often. I think I want to heighten a good time and loosen up a bit. I can probably do it with a soda, too, though, if I let myself. Good point :)
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    Keep on climbing that mountain, baby steps at a time. Sending all good wishes for your mum's surgery today. Have you taken your pill today? If not, go and do it now... Right now... Good. (((HUGS)))
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

    Thank you everyone for supportive messages.

    I have taken my tablets today and yesterday.

    @MoHousdon I love the idea that this is a village. I'm imagining us all in little English country cottages, nattering over the garden fence and on the village green

    Good for you!

    I would love that! As long as I can eat cookies and have tea. I would make an EXCELLENT English person/woman. Plus, I do a pretty good English accent.

    I may have been doing one in my head just then. :blush:
    Is your accent more Downton Abbey or Dick Van *kitten* Cockney?
    Edit: That's hilarious, it censored Dick Van D y k e!!

    um, I'm not sure. I don't say governor, or tally ho ole chap (this reminds me of a friends episode where Ross is teaching a class and starts speaking with a TERRIBLE British accent).

    It's more like Kate Winslet or Kate Beckensale. So what would that be?
    I talk a bit like Kate Winslet - Home Counties girl. Gwyneth Paltrow in Sliding Doors is another good example.
    Fun fact: Kate W's from Reading, and had her (first) wedding reception in the hall of the school where my friend's daughters went. They apparently served bangers and mash.

    I live in Reading!!!!!!


    Omg!!! I'm in Slough!! If you ever fancy meeting for a long walk or run or something, give me shout*

    I hope that doesn't sound stalkery, I'd just love to have an mfp person to work out with

    Definitely. I'll message you. My mum lives in Maidenhead so I'm often over that way. I thought you lived in London.

    I generally say London, then peoples have an idea where it is. No one ever heard of slough lol!

    I'm usually in Devon for weekends ATM (due to mum and nephew), which is where I officially live (I'm like the queen, I have two residences lol), but if you're about for an evening :)

  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    I wish I had the bod of Rosa Acosta! !! Yeah I know I probably never will but before I stuff my face w cupcakes or want to junk food out next time, I'm going to visualize her body w my head. Lol

    So I had to google that name. Wooo lawdhammercy!

    I literally only understood this about the 5th time I saw it.

    Up until that point I was trying to understand what hammercy is. Use of a hammer?

    Hammercy verb 1. The act of putting on a pair of drop crotch pants, dancing around and singing "Can't Touch This".

    This is the second thing I've read from you that made me laugh this morning. The other was the irony one.
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    Keep on climbing that mountain, baby steps at a time. Sending all good wishes for your mum's surgery today. Have you taken your pill today? If not, go and do it now... Right now... Good. (((HUGS)))
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

    Thank you everyone for supportive messages.

    I have taken my tablets today and yesterday.

    @MoHousdon I love the idea that this is a village. I'm imagining us all in little English country cottages, nattering over the garden fence and on the village green

    Good for you!

    I would love that! As long as I can eat cookies and have tea. I would make an EXCELLENT English person/woman. Plus, I do a pretty good English accent.

    I may have been doing one in my head just then. :blush:
    Is your accent more Downton Abbey or Dick Van *kitten* Cockney?
    Edit: That's hilarious, it censored Dick Van D y k e!!

    um, I'm not sure. I don't say governor, or tally ho ole chap (this reminds me of a friends episode where Ross is teaching a class and starts speaking with a TERRIBLE British accent).

    It's more like Kate Winslet or Kate Beckensale. So what would that be?
    I talk a bit like Kate Winslet - Home Counties girl. Gwyneth Paltrow in Sliding Doors is another good example.
    Fun fact: Kate W's from Reading, and had her (first) wedding reception in the hall of the school where my friend's daughters went. They apparently served bangers and mash.

    I live in Reading!!!!!!


    Omg!!! I'm in Slough!! If you ever fancy meeting for a long walk or run or something, give me shout*

    I hope that doesn't sound stalkery, I'd just love to have an mfp person to work out with

    Definitely. I'll message you. My mum lives in Maidenhead so I'm often over that way. I thought you lived in London.

    I generally say London, then peoples have an idea where it is. No one ever heard of slough lol!

    I'm usually in Devon for weekends ATM (due to mum and nephew), which is where I officially live (I'm like the queen, I have two residences lol), but if you're about for an evening :)

    All I ever really do weekday evenings is go to the gym and watch criminal minds, I'm very boring like that, so I'm generally around!
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Sorry guys, I don't have time to catch up at the moment, I'm driving down to Devon to see my mum and collect my nephew.

    Just wanted to check in and say I've taken my medication this morning.

    @girldownsouth i saw your message - I will reply when I get home, thank you x
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    I just can't keep up. Despite checking in on this thread every day, I'm still 30 pages behind!

    Had a bit of a nightmare with my GP recently. Told them 5 weeks ago I was pregnant. They don't give out the number for the midwife (midwife-led care is standard in the UK, you only see an OB if there's something wrong) and said, she'll call you. And it's my first, so I don't have any phone numbers from last time. Well she didn't call. 10 weeks in and no contact whatsoever. So I ring my GP, who says, we don't know, we just forward on the info, it's nothing to do with us, call back if you've not heard anything by week 12. Week 12?! For those who don't know, you're supposed to have a booking in appointment with the midwife anytime from week 8 onwards, and a dating scan at 12, so I was a bit antsy about this. Plus the fact they wouldn't even give me a contact number was pissing me off. Way to keep me in the dark and make me feel like my concerns are of no value.

    Anyway, I decided to be proactive. Rang my local hospital and got through to the maternity ward as it's the only pathway I could think to find an NHS midwife. They were wonderful and a bit appalled on my behalf as they had no record of me. This was 6pm on Tuesday. By 10am on Wednesday they'd rung me back and said, would you like your booking in app at lunchtime? It lasts 1-2 hours so I was pleased they fit me in so quickly. Apparently I'm considered urgent since I'm further along than usual. It was nice to feel vindicated. In defense of the NHS, I should highlight the midwife and student midwife I saw were great. Pleasant, warm, understanding and very professional. Sorted out my next few appointments as they said leaving me in the dark about my own care was doing me no favours (damn straight!). Anyway, I get my first scan in a couple of weeks, so that's pretty exciting!

    Tldr: Proper annoyed with my GP. Love the NHS midwives, they're ace.

    Also for the Americans, NHS is national health service. You get some choice for example if there are two hospitals local to you, but you don't choose a midwife or choose a doctor like you do in the States. Hardly anyone I know uses a private midwife, it's just not common here unless you're seriously rich.
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    I wish I had the bod of Rosa Acosta! !! Yeah I know I probably never will but before I stuff my face w cupcakes or want to junk food out next time, I'm going to visualize her body w my head. Lol

    So I had to google that name. Wooo lawdhammercy!

    I literally only understood this about the 5th time I saw it.

    Up until that point I was trying to understand what hammercy is. Use of a hammer?

    Hammercy verb 1. The act of putting on a pair of drop crotch pants, dancing around and singing "Can't Touch This".

    This is the second thing I've read from you that made me laugh this morning. The other was the irony one.

    I'm glad I'm making someone other than myself laugh at least. ;)

  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    I can barely eat rice as rice, I do not understand eating it as dessert when there are so many better things out there!!

    Big Brother people - I just saw a clip of Audrey (transgender houseguest) being interviewed by Jeff Schroeder.....I do not know why they keep using him to do interviews and stuff for that show....he is a jerk....ugh

    Julie just got choked up talking about said house guest saying that she hopes fans watch with an open heart and an open mind and learn something about a community they might not know about <3

    I haven't watched any of the interviews...but what makes you say that Jeff is a jerk? I've always thought he was a sweet, silly, fun guy. I loved both him and Jordan.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    [quote="KrisiAnnH;32927543

    Confession for this evening; my parents called me earlier to let me know they're having the family dog put down soon. My natural reaction when upset is usually to curl up under a duvet and eat lots of sugary comfort food, but I'm trying to resist. I know it's only a dog, and in comparison to what a lot of you all are going through it seems really trivial, but it still sucks. Our dog is the first 'proper' pet I've had (aside from goldfish and pet rats when I was really young), and I grew up with her. Still, at least she's lived to the ripe old age of 15! [/quote]

    [/quote]

    It's definitely not "just a dog"...but a family member and a friend. Putting our 15.5 year old dog down last summer was seriously the hardest thing ever...but it had to be done. He was at the point where he couldn't live/breathe outside of an oxygen chamber. I think about him every single day and still "say goodnight" to him every night when I go to bed. I just try to remember the absolutely awesome 15 years I got to spend with him! <3

    Edit: I somehow messed that up with the quoting..
  • KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    [quote="KrisiAnnH;32927543

    Confession for this evening; my parents called me earlier to let me know they're having the family dog put down soon. My natural reaction when upset is usually to curl up under a duvet and eat lots of sugary comfort food, but I'm trying to resist. I know it's only a dog, and in comparison to what a lot of you all are going through it seems really trivial, but it still sucks. Our dog is the first 'proper' pet I've had (aside from goldfish and pet rats when I was really young), and I grew up with her. Still, at least she's lived to the ripe old age of 15!

    [/quote]

    It's definitely not "just a dog"...but a family member and a friend. Putting our 15.5 year old dog down last summer was seriously the hardest thing ever...but it had to be done. He was at the point where he couldn't live/breathe outside of an oxygen chamber. I think about him every single day and still "say goodnight" to him every night when I go to bed. I just try to remember the absolutely awesome 15 years I got to spend with him! <3

    Edit: I somehow messed that up with the quoting..[/quote]

    Awh that's a lovely story, that's actually made me feel a lot better, thank you :) She's able to eat and walk on her own, but I think the deciding factor was this weekend when she couldnt get up off the kitchen floor on her own, and my mum and I had to lift her up. She was fine once she was on her feet but still... At least I live close enough that I can pop back and see her before she goes, I'm just a bit worried that me getting upset may upset her, dogs have a tendency to pick up on these things.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    Keep on climbing that mountain, baby steps at a time. Sending all good wishes for your mum's surgery today. Have you taken your pill today? If not, go and do it now... Right now... Good. (((HUGS)))
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

    Thank you everyone for supportive messages.

    I have taken my tablets today and yesterday.

    @MoHousdon I love the idea that this is a village. I'm imagining us all in little English country cottages, nattering over the garden fence and on the village green

    Good for you!

    I would love that! As long as I can eat cookies and have tea. I would make an EXCELLENT English person/woman. Plus, I do a pretty good English accent.

    I may have been doing one in my head just then. :blush:

    Here, you have biscuits and tea. Cookies are 'merican

    Alright, biscuits, then. :smile:

    Biscuits always brings hard cookies to my mind, like Oreos or Digestives. Not that I have anything against them, but I want soft, chewy, gooey COOKIES! :o Or you know what? Gimme a scone. With butter.

    I miss scones. Never been able to enjoy one since my Grandma passed away. She made the best and always made a special batch for me without raisins. I hate raisins!!

    Count me in on the raisin-hating wagon!! In traditional Arabian dishes, raisins are popular to put into the rice. Makes me want to gag when I accidentally pop one into my mouth... X_X I *HATE* raisins. By themselves they're bad enough, but they absolutely ruin food for me when they're put into things like cookies or puddings. :-/
    I love raisins in rice (and maybe with a bit of cinnamon). So delicious :smiley: Then again I think you'd be hard-pressed to find something I don't like. I do prefer grapes to their dehydrated format, though :tongue:

    Cinnamon in savory rice? O.O That's even worse! No judgement from me, of course, but you have some weird tastes... :p

    Well, actually I guess it's more of a rice dessert :lol: Sometimes I'll add milk in there too, or cook it with coconut milk. My boyfriend thinks I'm weird though... the cherry on top for him was when I mixed orange juice with milk and vanilla and drank that repeatedly over a couple of weeks (strong craving). So good, like a creamsicle drink!

    My mom loves BOTH of those. Rice pudding, she calls it, and the orange milk stuff too! I think she's weird, too... :p My sister loves them as well. Maybe I'm the weird one...

    When I said traditional rice, I meant savory food; it's usually cooked with spices like cumin and bay leaves, and it often also has fried onions and nuts on top. And then there are those evil little raisins mixed in, pretending to be nuts. I don't actually like any of the toppings, although the nuts are okay. :p The best part is always the meat! Mmmm, meat. I miss my aunt's cooking. :o

    I can't believe I forgot about rice pudding, yep that's what it is! :tongue: So yummy. I'd try the savory stuff too, that actually sounds pretty good to this girl (I feel like it probably wouldn't sit too well with most Americans, though).
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Embarrassing Confession: A few months ago, I found out about a website called BeautifulPeople.com through another forum. They were laughing about how ridiculous it was, and I thought it was pretty shallow a concept. However, everyone jumped in and tried to get approved. You upload a picture and if the members deem you ''beautiful enough,'' you get to become a member. Ratings are ''ABSOLUTELY NOT!'' ''No.'' ''Hmmm ok'' and ''Beautiful!'' I uploaded a picture of me (plus a false name) out of curiosity, and to my overwhelming surprise I got in! You have to pay to use their site, so I wasn't going to do that (not that I had any plans of using the site anyway :/). I feel a little embarrassed at having done that though.

    (Also, yay, I haven't been flagged!)

    EDIT: I have actually used it a few times, because as a member I can vote for people to get approved. I can't do anything for the women, but I always vote ''Beautiful'' on every man I see. I know how hurtful it feels to get those ''absolutely nots,'' and I want them to have at least one beautiful, because I'm one of those dopey people who think everyone has a beauty to them.

    That's because you're the ONLY one that feels that way! I know the rest of us see your beauty. No need to be embarrassed if it helped with your self-esteem. You deserve it!

    And, it's NOT dopey to see beauty in everyone. That is a priceless quality to have.

    That's just so sweet and kind of you. Thank you! It did help my self esteem a bit, but I also admit that the ''absolutely not'' votes were hurtful :lol:
    Also, Fluffy, you're so pretty it doesn't surprise me that you were voted 'beautiful', although the site sounds pretty brutal.

    Yes to this!
  • Penny_Harrison
    Penny_Harrison Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    sigh...When I found that I couldn't eat peanut butter in moderation, and had to get it out of my apartment ASAP, I not only threw it away-I drowned the jar in water first so I wouldn't be tempted...

    I can't believe I shared that.

    I'm impressed with your self control. I know I would have eaten the whole jar in one sitting and started again tomorrow :-(
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    My confession is I have stretch marks literally ALL over my body. I have them on my boobs, stomach, thighs, and all over my back. Never pregnant, just formerly morbidly obese. I know stretch marks are normal but when they cover the majority of your body, it's a little overwhelming to accept that. I never took care of myself/my body as a teenager and unfortunately I can't do anything about the damage that has been done. What a great wish it would be to be able to go back in time and have a second chance with your body. I wish I knew then what I know now...but what can ya do? I am only 22 and I feel as if my body is just ruined. I don't feel comfortable in my own skin, it's honestly a very sad situation. You only get one body, and I messed mine up, there's no turning back really. As you can tell I have a lot of regrets. I also deal with loose skin but that's a whole other story on it's own. Hopefully at some point in my life I will feel better about my body and learn to accept it as who I am, but that hasn't happened yet.

    Unfortunately, this is me as well. I do have some hope that the stretch marks will fade away and the skin will tighten up, because I'm only twenty. Twenty two isn't much older, so why give up hope? :)
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    It has been a tough day. I know this was not going to be easy but even the people that help you....judge you....smh and crying

    I'm so sorry that you're feeling this way. I hope tomorrow will be a better day for you!

    @orangesmartie I'm glad you took your meds! I hope they'll help you get into a better headspace. :)

    @FluffySandwich Have a wonderful time on vacation, safe travels! Don't forget airplane window pictures. ;)

    Everyone else... MrM contacted me through PM. He let me know that he asked the others to stop engaging here, but wants us to understand their point--inconsistent moderation isn't fair to anyone.

    Nobody has anything against our thread, and they don't want to get it removed--they just believe that the mods are being unfair by treating us one way and others in another. I think we can all agree that they're right, even if the comparison of the locked threads to this one are not very similar--the mods are usually super strict, and they've never made an appearance here (which I'm sure we're all grateful for).

    Anyhow, he just wants us all to play nice and understand each other's point, if possible--I personally see their side, and I hope you guys do as well. I hope we can all avoid attacking or offending each other, and meet halfway.

    Sorry about the novel. :)
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    @orangesmartie I'm happy you took your meds woo hoo! It can be tough to remember taking them everyday but it's the first thing I do in the morning so I don't go all whack-a-doodle during the day and have a panic attack! Stupid anxiety :s

    @fluffysandich- you are beautiful, let loose and have a great time on your trip!!

  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Has anyone heard from @Lois_1989 ? Haven't seen her posting lately so I was curious! I always liked her posts!
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    @FluffySandwich have a great trip!

    @orangesmartie I hope you have a good weekend.

    @Susieq_1994 did you get any sleep?

  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    I'm really excited today that my face is feeling better!! I'm going to eat all my crunchy veggies I packed for lunch-I've missed them.

    The first thing I do in the morning is check this thread - it keeps me logging in.

    Then I go see how much spam I can kill - three threads this morning.

    Then I go read other things always watching for new posts in here.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    @Glinda1971 I did, but it doesn't count as an insomnia victory when the sun is already up! :p I woke up about an hour ago, so I only have 5.5 hours of fasting left.